PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Actor/Actress

stephy
08-08-2004, 02:41 AM
who is your favorite actor , me it s orlando bloom and what did you kike about keira me is her beauty

frodo1511
08-08-2004, 04:25 AM
Adrien Brody, Keira's face and abs.

(to keep it short and sweet)

Kelsey
08-08-2004, 06:27 AM
This doesn't belong in Keira Discussion. I don't know where it belongs...what, exactly, is the discussional point of it?

deviljet88
08-08-2004, 06:29 AM
Keira. You should put actor/actress for those conservative few.

Spire
08-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Who is Keira Knightley?

*ding ding* And that's our Daily Double!

DragonRat
08-08-2004, 11:16 AM
The major consensus would be Keira Knightley, but this is an open-ended question, so this thread has been moved to 'General Discussion'.

Narzys
08-08-2004, 03:10 PM
I surely love J.Depp / Kevin Spacey / Billy Crudup / Ewan McGregor / Sean Connery / and I think many more...

Richard
08-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Edited:
Morgan Freeman
One of the best actors in Hollywood. Love his choice of films down to his bone-chilling voice. :)

Harrison Ford
Another one of my favorite veteran actors. Although his roles have some similarity, he's never stiff and he starred in the two best trilogies in the world. Shame on you if you don't know.

Milla Jovovich.
I got my first taste of Milla a couple of years when I saw The Fifth Element, back then I thought nothing of her... she was beautiful of course, but nothing like I'm feeling now. Now that I'm more mature, I became infatuated with her. I don't know how long this infatuation will last, but in the time being, I reside to her nearest and best forum.

Her beauty is incredible, always a pleasure. But it's not just that, I quickly found out that she not like every normal actress who worries too much about their reputation... she's different. I've seen her writing and she seems to be a great writer, definitely better than me. Her music is awkward, but good. Clearly she doesn't go for the typical genre of our generation. :err:

Furthermore, she's an amazing actress. That's no debate. Those are my different reasons why Milla is infectious, at least to me she is.

Sarah
08-08-2004, 08:52 PM
This is hardly a quiz, its just question. Plus most of the answers are one line.

Lets add a little depth into this and turn it into a real discussion, lets talk about why we like a certain actor/actress.

OK, one of my favourite actors is Gary Oldman, I think he is fantastic. He brings such life to the screen. One of my favourite actresses is Natalie Portman, she's amazing. Her beauty, her skill, the lot. She's a very elegant woman.

I also like Uma Thurman, she's class... and lets not forget Keira, she's getting better as we speak.

mufiman
08-08-2004, 10:14 PM
christian bale. excellent actor, always with a different accent and a great performer. not extrememly well known, well untill he got the batsuit. watch the machinist, and american psycho. most people know him by now though, and he should be huge after batman begins.

Hazzle
09-08-2004, 01:05 AM
What Richard and Sarah said, and I'm going to be really unoriginal (nothing new there then!) and agree with their reasons too...Morgan's voice especially...arrr...narrative to Shawshank was MADE by that voice.

Kelsey
09-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Deleted my other post and am starting over to expand more...

Owen Wilson I don't even know...I just find him incredibly sexy. Numero un...he's funny. Numero deux...he has nice hair. Numero trois...I like his nose. It's distinct. And, he's broken it three times. That's hotter than just a naturally crooked nose.

Matt Damon Really hot, but I also greatly respect him as a talent. Good actor, amazing writer, and I love his whole connection with Project Greenlight.

Sandra Bullock Always has been and always will be my favorite. I like her movies, but she's my favorite because of the type of person she is and her business. Her production company has had amazing success with projects that could have been risky, and that networks/distribution companies easily could have (and probably did) balked at. She is dedicated to her company and work, is extremely nice, and for that I will always respect and admire her.

Scarlett Johansson Extremely talented and unique. Plus we seem to have a lot in common. I love the fact that she is already pitching projects and is talking about writing and directing. She picks the most awesome projects and it's nice to see someone so talented, yet so popular, stick mostly with the independant films. That's why I'm not so worried about her choice to co-star in Mission: Impossible 3, because in addition to that, she has recently signed on for three (maybe soon to be four) smaller films (one of which she pitched herself).

Pinkfairy
09-08-2004, 05:34 AM
Ewan McGregor cause he's pure talent, and he's got the best smile.
Hugh Dancy: he was really good in Daniel Deronda.
Romola Garai: she's talented, and I like her movies.
I though I was the only one who thought Owen Wilson was hot (I loved The Royal Tenembaums)

Hazzle
09-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Ok, whilst there is an over-rated/under-rated actors thread, this appears to me to be a different topic, marginally...I'll change the title though :)

DefyingGravity
09-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Favourite Actresses:

Angelina Jolie: When I first saw her in Girl, Interrupted she sent chills down my spine. Nobody could be so deliciously evil and sexy at the same time. The roles she picks are so diverse, yes, she almost always plays the "bad girl," but the "bad girls" are so different from each other, so it makes it very difficult, nearly impossibly to typecast her. And plus, she is gorgeous, one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life.

Keira Knightley: Need I explain? She's pretty, and while I was a fan of hers when I saw Bend it Like Beckham and POTC, it was when I saw Pure that really admonished my respect for her.

Idina Menzel: She delivered a powerful performance on the Broadway stage in the original cast of Rent, and it takes a lot of nerve to ask the audience to moo with you. Also in Wicked, she belts out amazing numbers as the Wicked Witch of the West.

Kristin Chenoweth: She lived in the same state I do, and she went to the college I want to go to. She's amazingly talented, and her vocal range really shines through in Wicked(G above high C!! :icon_surp)

Favourite Actors:

Johnny Depp: I would mention his superior looks and how the man doesn't age, but I won't because I'm sure it's already been mentioned. Not many people can go from a teen cop, a man with scissors for hands, a transvestite director, Don Juan DeMarco, Ichabod Crane, to a drunken pirate all in one lifetime. I also have a lot of respect for the man because he threatened to beat the paparazzi over the head with a wooden plank. Go Johnny.

Anthony Rapp: He did a great job as Mark in Rent, and as Charlie Brown in the 1999 revival in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.

Renegade
10-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Matt Damon: He's sorta been living under Ben Affleck's shadow his entire career until of late. I loved his role in the Bourne series, along with 'Good Will Hunting'. To me, I wouldn't say his acting is impeccable but for the most part, it's convincing. He deserves way more respect as an actor.

Tom Hanks: This guy takes the cake. Can't deny the masterpiece that is "Forrest Gump" :P. 'Apollo 13' was good, along with 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Castaway'. The guy has a tremendous stage presence. His acting is fantastic. Me also likes 'Band of Brothers' (miniseries about WWII soldiers, Hanks helped produced it. Go watch it.)

keira_lover
10-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Tom Hanks: This guy takes the cake. Can't deny the masterpiece that is "Forrest Gump" :P. 'Apollo 13' was good, along with 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Castaway'. The guy has a tremendous stage presence. His acting is fantastic. Me also likes 'Band of Brothers' (miniseries about WWII soldiers, Hanks helped produced it. Go watch it.)

I'd have to agree with Renegade. Tom Hanks is an excellent actor and he has done remarkably well in every movie he's played in.

I'd also have to go with Tom Cruise. I really wasn't into him in the past, I thought he was a decent actor but I never really got into anything he did until I saw The Last Samurai. He did an absolutely amazing job in this movie. By far his best acting to date(still have to see Collateral though) and also the best acting by anyone that I've seen in years. If you haven't seen this movie yet you need to. Very riviting and poignant from start to finish.

And then there's also Keira Knightley, but you all know that.

Narg
10-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Keira Knightley.