PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Year Candidates

frodo1511
07-08-2004, 08:34 PM
OK, everyone, it's about that time where all the great videogames start to arive on shelves. Beginning with DOOM 3, the rest of the year is going to be packed with "game of the year" status. Personally, I think that this years winner will be one of these three games: Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Half-Life 2. All three are pushing the boundaries of computer graphics, multiplayer, and hype for this generation of consols/ PC's. Any thoughts about other titles are welcome, as well as what you would vote for. Mine: Halo 2, all the way.

keira_lover
07-08-2004, 08:36 PM
I'd say game of the year is going to go to either Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, or GTA: San Andreas. Very highly anticipated games. Can't wait till they come out.

frodo1511
07-08-2004, 08:54 PM
I'd say game of the year is going to go to either Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, or GTA: San Andreas. Very highly anticipated games. Can't wait till they come out.

Hopefully Rockstar fixes ALL THE BUGS out of GTA. I couldn't believe how many were in III and VC, it was insane. But, yeah, Halo 2 and Echoes are
BIG canadites to win.

CFC
07-08-2004, 09:04 PM
I don't think it will be Doom 3.

Doom 3 was everything it promised to be. It had the classic doom game play of killing everything in sight and find the keys to open doors. The new graphics were amazing. The flashlight aspect was a genius idea. This game was scary it made me jump so many times, but even that gets old halfway through the game.

It is really fun to play but there is nothing ground breaking about it. The graphics are good, but I thought Far Cry had better graphics.

Jacoby
07-08-2004, 09:27 PM
You're all wrong. If the new Zelda comes out for Gamecube this year...it'll be the winner. If not, MGS 3 will take it's place as winner. Halo 2 will not be as good as expected because of silly people *ahem* that boast about it every 4 seconds. Thanks for ruining it's glory.

I say..Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater all the way.

mufiman
07-08-2004, 09:39 PM
i agree with jacoby, and would like to see Metal Gear Solid 3 be the game of the year. HALO is a great game, but a bit over rated, as Halo 2 will be. MGS3 is my favorite, that or the new Grand Theft Auto game. and im also looking forward to Grand Turismo 4 as well.

Jacoby
07-08-2004, 09:43 PM
and im also looking forward to Grand Turismo 4 as well.

Ahh...yes..Now that game has the best graphics ever. And the Gran Turismo 4 that's coming out for PSP is just as good, which I find completely insane.

Can we just make this thread a discussion of games, and the like (systems and what not?) I mean with mufi, frodo, CFC, Keira_lover, Spire and everyone else....it may actually be an interesting thread. Jolly good.

Edit: So, which new portable do you think is looking better so far? Sony's PSP or Nintendo's DS?

(Oh, Ladies...this thread exists to show you why I don't get laid.)

CFC
07-08-2004, 09:50 PM
You're all wrong. If the new Zelda comes out for Gamecube this year...it'll be the winner.

The next Zelda for gamecube is slated to come out in June next year. Hopefully it will be good. I am really dissapointed with game cube. I was really looking foward to Zelda: Wind Waker but that game was a catastrophe. I have a game cube and Tales of Symphonia is the only game I actually don't regret buying.(I only have 3 gamecube games)

Jacoby
07-08-2004, 09:52 PM
I was really looking foward to Zelda: Wind Waker but that game was a catastrophe.

Take it back. Now!!! How could you say that. Wind Waker was gorgeous and genius...I love that game as much as I do Ocarina of Time. You've made me cry CFC...good work :'(.

CFC
07-08-2004, 09:55 PM
You just made me cry more..... comparing Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker.
Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games every. I can't count how many time I have played through it.

Speaking of OoT. I need to get master quest for it and give that a try.

mufiman
07-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Edit: So, which new portable do you think is looking better so far? Sony's PSP or Nintendo's DS?

in terms of style, the psp looks much cooler, and i would rather have that than the DS. but, Nintendo DS can use all preexisting game boy games, while the PSP has a very limited selection, though theyll probably make much more when its out. i dont really care for Nintendo games besides Zelda, and PSP looks like its going to have a lot of good games for it, and the graphics for the PSP look awesome. im going with the PSP, its design is nice and it just looks much better.

Jacoby
07-08-2004, 10:01 PM
im going with the PSP, its design is nice and it just looks much better.

Agreed. I've always wanted a portable with amazing graphics and the ability to play movies. So I'd go with the PSP as well. Some of the specs on the DS are amazing though. Built in microphone and wireless internet capabilites...you can talk to whoever your playing, worldwide (at least that's what I've heard.) The touch screen and the ability to play GB games is nice too. I'm glad there's finally competition in the handheld world, because nintendo was starting to piss me off with their lazyness.

You just made me cry more..... comparing Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker.
Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games every. I can't count how many time I have played through it.

Speaking of OoT. I need to get master quest for it and give that a try.

OoT is the best game ever. Period. And I'd bet my manhood and say that Windwaker is comparable. The story for WW wasn't as captivating as OoT, but the game was so beautiful it was able to compare. I was the only one who was happy that they were going to use a 'cartoony' style. Such a pretty game.

I didn't like Master Quest...it was annoying. I'm all about the story.

CFC
07-08-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure about PSP and Ds. I don't know very much about them. I think Sony will do a good job, they usually do. I can't say the DS will suck because Nintendo owns the handheld market.

This is kind of OT, but. I think Microsoft's Portable Media Player whiwch releases later this year will taker over the ipod. Sorry whoever said portable video made me think of that. I don't know if it can play games though.

Jacoby
07-08-2004, 10:33 PM
This is kind of OT, but. I think Microsoft's Portable Media Player whiwch releases later this year will taker over the ipod. Sorry whoever said portable video made me think of that. I don't know if it can play games though.

Can you post a link that tells about this thing please?

Hazzle
07-08-2004, 11:10 PM
You lot worry me. I thought I didn't get out enough...

acliff
07-08-2004, 11:14 PM
You lot worry me. I thought I didn't get out enough...

Thats because you don't. Time post ratio for you is truly graph breaking.
Besides you play lots of crappy online games.

Hazzle
07-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Thats because you don't. Time post ratio for you is truly graph breaking.
Besides you play lots of crappy online games.

Not lots...one. Every so often I play some cards...but not very often. And the odd game I get through email which I play for a bit...

Still not in the leagues of you freaks. And we're getting off topic now Cliff, so let's stop before it gets out of hand, eh? :p

frodo1511
08-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Ok, I know DOOM 3 cant compare w/ Far Cry: Only thing it has going for it is it's AMAZING LIGHTING/Normal Mapping, both one step ahead of FC. But when it comes down to AI, Far Cry has it beat.
For MGS3: Snake Eater, as long as Konami dosen't do some dumbass plot-twist that was Raiden in MGS2, then it will be great. Only problem it has is that it cant touch Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Normal Mapping, REALISTIC WEATHER, and online Co-op, parternered with a infamous Clancy story makes this the best stealth game ever.
For GT4, it's got props for realistic car physics and graphics, but Burnout 3: Takedown will give it a LONG run for it's money. Were talking about buttery smooth 60fps, online capabilities, and some of the most beautiful crashes/explosions(how Ironic:) i've ever seen, and a sense of speed only rivaled by F-Zero.
On the Portable front, the DS will OWN the PSP. For 10 years, NOBODY has been able to even touch Nintendo's conglomerate that is the handheld market, and Sony won't make much ground. Sure, the graphics of the PSP look nice, but with only 2 hours of battery life, few good games(mostly re-hash/updated games from the PS2) and the ever-apparent that no development specs have come out of Sony for the machine has me doubting the "success" of the product. The DS has almost Gamecube-graphic-worthy Metroid Prime:Hunters, which looks amazing, compared to MG: ac!d.
Personally, I think that, of the three titles mentioned earlier by myself, only Halo 2 and MP2: Echoes will be big contenders. Echoes has an ingenious plot of light/dark sided world based off of Zelda: Link to the Past, while Bungie has a very suprising story up there sleeves for Halo 2(remember the Flood, everyone?:) And with big-named titles like Resident Evil 4 and Zelda Reborn(unconfirmed title) hitting in '05, it gives these two titles even a bigger chance of victory.

Oh, and to reply to jacoby, yes, anyone can post about anything game-related in this thread. I don't give a shit.

Narg
08-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Game of the year will be Half-Life 2, you can bet your ass on it, Multiplayer game of the year will be CS Source, Doom 3 will be up there. Consoles suck.

frodo1511
08-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Game of the year will be Half-Life 2, you can bet your ass on it, Multiplayer game of the year will be CS Source, Doom 3 will be up there. Consoles suck.

Just because you have the moolah to upgrade your PC every year, and the inability to play with a gamepad(stupid mouse-look!) dosent mean you have to be a meany, Narg.

:kidding:

Hazzle
08-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Btw...shouldn't the title read Candidates? Could a mod edit it perhaps?

CFC
08-08-2004, 01:22 AM
If I could chose the game of the year I would pick ESPN NFL 2k5...............
Because they released it at $20.00 and it is a good game.

I think GTA San Andreas will win because well everybody loves GTA. The last two are number 1 and 2 on the list of top money earning games that have been released post 1995.

frodo1511
08-08-2004, 01:27 AM
If I could chose the game of the year I would pick ESPN NFL 2k5...............
Because they released it at $20.00 and it is a good game.

I think GTA San Andreas will win because well everybody loves GTA. The last two are number 1 and 2 on the list of top money earning games that have been released post 1995.

Yeah, I think that ESPN is better than Madden, but, even at $20, I don't think it will surpass Madden. Maby, next year...
Oh, I can't STAND GTA. The whole game is so bug-ridden, it's almost impossible to play. Rockstar has got to get some better bug testers FAST.

Hey Hazz, I fixed the title, sorry about that.

Richard
08-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Off-topic, but...

The recent "Game Of The Year" game I've played was Return To Castle Wolfenstien. I enjoyed using cheat codes through-out the entire single player. That shall be number one.

I've never played GTA, ever. I know it's good, because just about everyone I know plays it. But I don't, and that's what's important.

The original Wolfenstein 3D will make a major comeback, I got hooked on that shit for three months. 256k graphics kick ass.

frodo1511
08-08-2004, 02:18 AM
Off-topic, but...

The recent "Game Of The Year" game I've played was Return To Castle Wolfenstien. I enjoyed using cheat codes through-out the entire single player. That shall be number one.

I've never played GTA, ever. I know it's good, because just about everyone I know plays it. But I don't, and that's what's important.

The original Wolfenstein 3D will make a major comeback, I got hooked on that shit for three months. 256k graphics kick ass.

I think id said that they were NOT going to make another Wolfenstein, at least at the moment. After DOOM 3 ships, id and Raven will release Quake 4(sometime...) and then said they are already in production of a new IP. Can't wait to see what it is.

Sorry to burst your bubble, richard:(

CFC
08-08-2004, 02:24 AM
Return To Castle Wolfenstien, best multiplayer for a FPS ever!

frodo1511
08-08-2004, 04:29 AM
Return To Castle Wolfenstien, best multiplayer for a FPS ever!

I dunno, I prefer the likes of Timesplitters 2 and Halo, both really good.

Spire
08-08-2004, 04:42 AM
GotY will go to Halo 2 or Half-Life 2, although I'd suspect Metroid Prime 2 and Gran Turismo 4 would deserve it more. So far, my GotY is MGS: Twin Snakes for the Gamecube, but I'm sure something else will surpass it.

frodo1511
08-08-2004, 04:45 AM
GotY will go to Halo 2 or Half-Life 2, although I'd suspect Metroid Prime 2 and Gran Turismo 4 would deserve it more. So far, my GotY is MGS: Twin Snakes for the Gamecube, but I'm sure something else will surpass it.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

keira_lover
17-08-2004, 01:34 AM
I've already posted what I think the game of the year candidates are, but I feel like talking about video games more, so here are my nominees for some of the other awards:

Best sports game: Winning Eleven 7- this is by far the most realistic and engaging soccer game ever made. Graphics are a little outdated but they still look good, besides, when you start playing you are so engrossed in it that that doesn't even cross your mind. If you're a soccer fan, GET THIS GAME!

Most Underated Game-The Cronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay- WOW. What can I say about this game that would do it justice? Not much, but I'll try anyway. This game has by far the most realistic graphics ever produced in a video game to date. The environments, the characters, everything looks absolutely breathtaking. The gameplay is also top notch and you'll find yourself craving more after you've beaten it (not saying the game is short, just that the gameplay is that engaging and addictive). Like I said, these words don't even begin to do the game justice, so just go out and buy it. NOW!

Most Kick Ass Game: Do I even have to say it? Ninja Gaiden, baby! No other game offers the chance to open up more cans of woop ass on your enemies than this game, nor a way to do it in more style. Graphics, gameplay, everything here is top notch. Again, if you don't have this game I suggest you get your ass in gear, get down to your nearest game shop, and buy this masterpiece of a game.

Biggest Let Down: Enter the Matrix. I was really looking foward to this game. Pulling off sweet moves in bullet time promised a near endless amount of style, but that's pretty much all this game has to offer and even that ended up being very limited (on the box is says that each character has over 200 moves, try 20 at most) and got old after a while. Gameplay pretty much sucked after about 30 minutes. Every level's the same: go from room to room dispatching wave after wave of enemies then move on to the next room, rinse and repeat (no lather here). The level design was also awful. You'll often find yourself hurrying to get to the next area because the one you're in is just so damn awful it hurts your eyes. The story also sucked in the fact that there wasn't one. You go from mission to mission not knowing why you have to do what you're doing and the missions themselves don't even tie into each other. One last thing, and this is really the coup de grace, the game is buggier than shit. Even if this game was good in every other respect, this factor alone would completely ruin any fun you could have had with this game. Heed my words: DON'T BUY THIS GAME! And if you're one of the poor saps who did, I feel your pain. Worst 50 bucks I ever spent.

Well, I think that about covers it for now, so...adios amigos. Meuser, out.

frodo1511
17-08-2004, 01:39 AM
I've already posted what I think the game of the year candidates are, but I feel like talking about video games more, so here are my nominees for some of the other awards:

Best sports game: Winning Eleven 7- this is by far the most realistic and engaging soccer game ever made. Graphics are a little outdated but they still look good, besides, when you start playing you are so engrossed in it that that doesn't even cross your mind. If you're a soccer fan, GET THIS GAME!

Most Underated Game-The Cronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay- WOW. What can I say about this game that would do it justice? Not much, but I'll try anyway. This game has by far the most realistic graphics ever produced in a video game to date. The environments, the characters, everything looks absolutely breathtaking. The gameplay is also top notch and you'll find yourself craving more after you've beaten it (not saying the game is short, just that the gameplay is that engaging and addictive). Like I said, these words don't even begin to do the game justice, so just go out and buy it. NOW!

Most Kick Ass Game: Do I even have to say it? Ninja Gaiden, baby! No other game offers the chance to open up more cans of woop ass on your enemies than this game, nor a way to do it in more style. Graphics, gameplay, everything here is top notch. Again, if you don't have this game I suggest you get your ass in gear, get down to your nearest game shop, and buy this masterpiece of a game.

Biggest Let Down: Enter the Matrix. I was really looking foward to this game. Pulling off sweet moves in bullet time promised a near endless amount of style, but that's pretty much all this game has to offer and even that ended up being very limited (on the box is says that each character has over 200 moves, try 20 at most) and got old after a while. Gameplay pretty much sucked after about 30 minutes. Every level's the same: go from room to room dispatching wave after wave of enemies then move on to the next room, rinse and repeat (no lather here). The level design was also awful. You'll often find yourself hurrying to get to the next area because the one you're in is just so damn awful it hurts your eyes. The story also sucked in the fact that there wasn't one. You go from mission to mission not knowing why you have to do what you're doing and the missions themselves don't even tie into each other. One last thing, and this is really the coup de grace, the game is buggier than shit. Even if this game was good in every other respect, this factor alone would completely ruin any fun you could have had with this game. Heed my words: DON'T BUY THIS GAME! And if you're one of the poor saps who did, I feel your pain. Worst 50 bucks I ever spent.

Well, I think that about covers it for now, so...adios amigos. Meuser, out.

True, true, true, and uh, true.
I haven't played 11-7, but I still think it's better than FIFA.
Riddick was the most fun I've ever had this summer(well, besides, yeah:)
Ninja Gaiden is the greatest ninja game ever, period.
Hell, BEST ACTION GAME EVER.
And the only reason I spent $50 last summer on EtM was for the tie-in to Reloaded.

Spire
17-08-2004, 01:50 AM
And the only reason I spent $50 last summer on EtM was for the tie-in to Reloaded.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Best action game ever!? Not even close, not by a mile. First off, the best ninja game ever is Ninja Gaiden 2: Sword of Dark Chaos for the NES, the Xbox Ninja Gaiden is dumb and pretty. It's AI is laughable, and drops everything that made the original games memorable. The best action game ever is a bit more sketchy. If MGS counts as action, it wins hands down, no contest, everybody go home. If not, then their are dozens of action games better than Ninja Gaiden. Seriously frodo1511, you sound like a Xbox fanboy idiot.

CFC
17-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Zelda OoT is the best action game ever.

frodo1511
17-08-2004, 02:04 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Best action game ever!? Not even close, not by a mile. First off, the best ninja game ever is Ninja Gaiden 2: Sword of Dark Chaos for the NES, the Xbox Ninja Gaiden is dumb and pretty. It's AI is laughable, and drops everything that made the original games memorable. The best action game ever is a bit more sketchy. If MGS counts as action, it wins hands down, no contest, everybody go home. If not, then their are dozens of action games better than Ninja Gaiden. Seriously frodo1511, you sound like a Xbox fanboy idiot.

Did you ever play this game? With the release of the Hurrican pack, the AI is now on par with the likes of Contra, MGS on Extreme difficulty, and Half-Life. The game is gourgeous, fast-paced, and was voted by many the best action/graphics/favortie character of the year. Plus, it has Ninja Gaiden 2 as an unlockable, so it has to be better than NG2 to have it in there, Just like Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is better than, and has the unlockable version of, the original Prince of Persia. MGS is what it says on the box "Tatical Espionage Action." And for OoT, it's more of an RPG, not straight balls to the wall action like NG.
No, I don't think of myself as an Xbox fanboy. In fact, I think that the best series ever conceived goes to Metroid( first, great exploration game, state of the art graphics, etc...) I do however, don't care for the PS2, or Sony for that matter, although I do enjoy some of their titles.

Elijahfan
17-08-2004, 03:08 AM
i hope Halo 2 wins, i'm still obessed with that game, since i got it almost two years ago during christmas. i remember being in 8th grade, thinking it wasnt going to come out until i was in 10th grade. and now i'm going into the 10th grade and it's coming out in november, i'm so excited! i ask my cousin everyday if he wants to play, no one in my house does. he's the best one i know at it.

Jacoby
17-08-2004, 03:22 AM
I pray that Halo 2 will be a complete pile of shit. Just so I can make fun of all my friends that annoy the hell out of me with it. It looks good, well, just the multi-player. People really have to stop boasting about it though *ahem...frodo...ahem*. Honestly I don't think Halo or Halo 2 deserve any rewards...they have the worst stories ever..with the most annoying nerdy dialoge. The only thing that's fun is the intense multi-player aspect. I don't know...I used to love that game a year ago...but now it makes me crawl out of my skin.

Spire
17-08-2004, 03:31 AM
Did you ever play this game? With the release of the Hurrican pack, the AI is now on par with the likes of Contra, MGS on Extreme difficulty, and Half-Life. The game is gourgeous, fast-paced, and was voted by many the best action/graphics/favortie character of the year. Plus, it has Ninja Gaiden 2 as an unlockable, so it has to be better than NG2 to have it in there, Just like Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is better than, and has the unlockable version of, the original Prince of Persia. MGS is what it says on the box "Tatical Espionage Action." And for OoT, it's more of an RPG, not straight balls to the wall action like NG.
No, I don't think of myself as an Xbox fanboy. In fact, I think that the best series ever conceived goes to Metroid( first, great exploration game, state of the art graphics, etc...) I do however, don't care for the PS2, or Sony for that matter, although I do enjoy some of their titles.

I played and beat the game. You're lying about it being voted Best of the Year, because it was released this year, Best of 2004 contest don't start for several more months moron. And if they did have a vote, that's just fucking stupid doing it half-way through the year. Prince of Persia way too short and easy, although it's fun (a 7/10 at best). MGS is an action game, like it says right here "Tactical Espionage Action", thanks for pointing that out. OoT is an adventure game, not an RPG (it owns NG too). And Sony doesn't develop games, they're second-party companies (Polyphony Digital, etc.) do.

Also, you seem to think that because a game is harder, that means it has better AI. That's just not true. AI has to do with how smart the computer-controlled characters are. A smart enemy can be miles easier than a dumb one with lots of defense or firepower.

Oh, EVERYBODY STOP SUCKING HALO 2'S COCK!. Holy criminy, it's not going to be the second-coming.

Dyce_Blue
17-08-2004, 03:38 AM
I would like to nominate ESPN NFL 2K5 for game of the year. ESPN NBA is also a great game.

Narg
17-08-2004, 03:42 AM
best ai ive ever seen would have to go to the grunts from half-life. There quite smart. Half-Life > Halo, and its 5 years old :S, Halo 2 better impress me, otherwise it will just fall under the category of "another hl wannabe". Im sorry, but after half-life there has not been another first person shooter better than it.

keira_lover
17-08-2004, 06:42 AM

You're goddam right it is, in every aspect. But I do have to say I enjoyed FIFA 2002, not because of the gameplay but because I was able to create a player that looked exactly like me. No shit, the resemblence was uncanny.

Riddick was the most fun I've had since Goldeneye period. At least as far as FPSs are concerned.

Don't worry about what these other jackasses say, they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. Let me reiterate BEST ACTION GAME EVER. If you think otherwise I envite you to suck it bitches :icon_razz

I actually bought it because I got caught up in all the hype and thought it would be a good game. How wrong I was.

mufiman
17-08-2004, 06:47 AM
im still going with MGS3 as my favorite, but halo 2 will probably win. gran turisomo 4 will be great as well, and i also a game called "fable" for xbox looks really good. anyone heard of a game called "singles"? its the first game ever to get the AO [adults only] rating. it looks absolutely stupid. you meet women/men and flirt and date and the object of the game is to "hook up" with your partner. its kind of like the sims, but it has sex.

Oh, EVERYBODY STOP SUCKING HALO 2'S COCK!. Holy criminy, it's not going to be the second-coming.

what he said.

NinjaTurtleRocky
17-08-2004, 07:01 AM
the best game of the year will be the new Halo 2...if they are going by sales. if they are going by pure review then it'll probably be GTA: San Andreas. Doom 3 has no competition because people love Multiplayer when they play PC games. Half Life 2 is a contender tho. It's hard to choose, but if i had to pick one right now, I'd say GTA: San Andreas. BTW I love games so if anyone wants to talk about em i'm on IRC all the time...when i'm not playing :fencing:

alby
17-08-2004, 09:47 AM
I pray that Halo 2 will be a complete pile of shit. Just so I can make fun of all my friends that annoy the hell out of me with it. It looks good, well, just the multi-player. People really have to stop boasting about it though *ahem...frodo...ahem*. Honestly I don't think Halo or Halo 2 deserve any rewards...they have the worst stories ever..with the most annoying nerdy dialoge. The only thing that's fun is the intense multi-player aspect. I don't know...I used to love that game a year ago...but now it makes me crawl out of my skin.

:icon_lol:

Halo was the only Xbox game my friends and I really played, and even though I think Halo is overrated, I still liked the multiplayer mode.

It couldn't have been said better. :icon_rofl

Liam
17-08-2004, 12:02 PM
You're all wrong.

IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles: Pacific Fighters.

Carrier landings in a Zero? Oh my shit, I have soiled myself.

CFC
17-08-2004, 01:43 PM
the best game of the year will be the new Halo 2...if they are going by sales.

No. Sorry but GTA will blow Halo 2 out of the water in sales, it won't even be close.

Hazzle
17-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Fuck me how many posts do you lot make on ONE thread in one day?! :icon_surp

frodo1511
17-08-2004, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=Spire]I played and beat the game. You're lying about it being voted Best of the Year, because it was released this year, Best of 2004 contest don't start for several more months moron. And if they did have a vote, that's just fucking stupid doing it half-way through the year. Prince of Persia way too short and easy, although it's fun (a 7/10 at best). MGS is an action game, like it says right here "Tactical Espionage Action", thanks for pointing that out. OoT is an adventure game, not an RPG (it owns NG too). And Sony doesn't develop games, they're second-party companies (Polyphony Digital, etc.) do.

Also, you seem to think that because a game is harder, that means it has better AI. That's just not true. AI has to do with how smart the computer-controlled characters are. A smart enemy can be miles easier than a dumb one with lots of defense or firepower.

Just to confirm, Tech TV already put it's awards up for the year, they start with games nominated last May, until THIS APRIL dumass, and NG was voted best graphics and fav. character. Oh, and we'll see who's boasting when the GOTY is released. MGS is purely stealth, that's the whole reason stealth games came out. If you call MGS an action game, call Splinter Cell an action game, it deserves it more. Sony pubslishes games, as well as put some "effort" into the games. But hey, Sony sucks more than Nintendo, so why do I care?

GTA will get the most copies sold this year (barely in front of Madden and NFSU2) but it dosen't mean it's a good game. Rockstar has to put some MAJOR work into San Anderas for it to be a hit. 3 and Vice City only sold well because 12 year olds found it funny to run over ho's. Both games are complete glitch-fests(like Enter the Matrix) and are barely playable. I really don't see what's fun in those games.

Spire
18-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Just to confirm, Tech TV already put it's awards up for the year, they start with games nominated last May, until THIS APRIL dumass, and NG was voted best graphics and fav. character. Oh, and we'll see who's boasting when the GOTY is released. MGS is purely stealth, that's the whole reason stealth games came out. If you call MGS an action game, call Splinter Cell an action game, it deserves it more. Sony pubslishes games, as well as put some "effort" into the games. But hey, Sony sucks more than Nintendo, so why do I care?

GTA will get the most copies sold this year (barely in front of Madden and NFSU2) but it dosen't mean it's a good game. Rockstar has to put some MAJOR work into San Anderas for it to be a hit. 3 and Vice City only sold well because 12 year olds found it funny to run over ho's. Both games are complete glitch-fests(like Enter the Matrix) and are barely playable. I really don't see what's fun in those games.

First off, I said Halo 2 would get GotY (although I doubt it will be the best game of the year), if you'll read my first post. Secondly, I know the difference between a publisher and a developer, Sony doesn't develop games, it just publishes them. Also Tech TV considered by most gamers to be an embaressment to technology, I saw their list, it was laughable.Splinter Cell is action too, but not even close to being in the same ballpark as MGS.

hasselbrad
18-08-2004, 12:35 PM
...definitely game six of the Stanley Cup Playoff. Martin St. Louis' top-shelf, overtime goal was the bomb-diggity. :rolleyes:

Richard
18-08-2004, 06:44 PM
But hey, Sony sucks more than Nintendo, so why do I care?

That hurts... but oh so true. Nothing can keep Super Mario down.

Did you geeks just mention TechTV, hmm... thoughts of new thread with a discussion of Morgan Webb. :)

frodo1511
18-08-2004, 08:56 PM
That hurts... but oh so true. Nothing can keep Super Mario down.

Did you geeks just mention TechTV, hmm... thoughts of new thread with a discussion of Morgan Webb. :)

Just for Richard, I'll get right onto that:)