PDA

View Full Version : KKW Career Opportunities

barrington
23-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Well maybe not Career opportunities, but we're looking for some staff.

At the moment I require a handful of newswriters to locate and post Keira Knightley related news on the website frontpage (we lack solid news for the most part and like to talk about ourselves!).

Basically it would involved trawling the KKW Keira Boards and elsewhere for information which you would then rewrite in nice sensible prose, concisely broken down into digestible chunks for the front page.

I would like the website updated at least twice-weekly or better and require some people with a keen eye (Paul are you listening?) to assist in this matter.

You'll need excellent grammar and spelling, a sharp sense of humour and some basic HTML knowledge. Obviously a love of Keira Knightley is par for the course.

In return we can give you Officership on the forums and an enormous sense of wellbeing.

If this sounds like you and you'd like to help, reply to this thread in a suitably fancy manner and i'll be in touch.

Bazlington.

Glare
24-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Too bad for me I can't spell and have close to no free time, I am quiet the web ferret.

apoggy
24-06-2004, 12:33 PM
As a last resort I'd be glad to knock some things together whenever its necessary, there are however members out there who would be far better than me so come on guys don't be shy.

Vertical Vortex
24-06-2004, 02:58 PM
i know how to make an TV Commercial, but i dont know how to stalk keira...
All my info about Keira i get in here from others... and i am not excellent in grammar and spelling... so, more luck next time for me.

Sarah
24-06-2004, 03:55 PM
I would say I'm good with Keira-related issues. I would also say I'm pretty good with standard English: grammar, spelling, etc. But I'm not so good with HTML.

apoggy
24-06-2004, 03:57 PM
I would say I'm good with Keira-related issues. I would also say I'm pretty good with standard English: grammar, spelling, etc. But I'm not so good with HTML.

but you also have no funny :p

Sarah
24-06-2004, 04:01 PM
but you also have no funny :p

Thats true, I guess I'm out then.

Liam
24-06-2004, 04:10 PM
You cretin, of course she has funny.

apoggy
24-06-2004, 04:10 PM
leave her teeth alone

Flightfreak
24-06-2004, 04:15 PM
I have experience with html, php, dreamweaver, fireworks...
but my grammar and spelling are bad.

Liam
24-06-2004, 04:19 PM
leave her teeth alone

Ho ho, you made me laugh. You win this round.

Sarah
24-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Teeth? I'm confused.

apoggy
24-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Nevermind darling. Now back to the hunting...

Sarah
24-06-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm upset now. I want to know why you're taking the piss out of me.

Kelsey
24-06-2004, 07:58 PM
May I pretty please have my title back? :)

apoggy
24-06-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm upset now. I want to know why you're taking the piss out of me.

We weren't Sarah, don't worry

Mandy
24-06-2004, 09:53 PM
May I pretty please have my title back? :)

lmao. How random. This has officially become the new "Post your shite!!!!111one" thread :p

acliff
24-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Lets cut the spam people, you should know better than that. No spamming in retaliation to spamming either :/

Bazzle, if I get fed information, I can come up with news. And on occasion I'm known to make a mildly humorous comment or observation. (yearbook captions). Anything to get the website moving smoothly.

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 12:25 AM
I'd personally second Cliffeh's application as he truly DOES have the funny...but I wouldn't mind doing it myself...I'm not too hot to trot on the news (but it's easily sorted...I do love researching stuff)

And whilst I'm not as funny as Cliff (well, I am if we include looks <gives Poggs an evil look for dissing his beloved Sarah) I have been known to make the odd funny comment at rare moments...about as often as Halley's Comet completes an orbit :p

I'll give it a go if you want...I can write for England (we all know that :p)...and I happen to think I have a decent enough way with words...I'll have to learn to be succint, but I'm willing to give it a fair go :p

deviljet88
25-06-2004, 09:34 AM
I second cliff as well just because he's funnier than apoggy :) Wish I could vote for someonelse but there isn't enough humourous people around here :(

Sarah
25-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I think Haz should do it. He's funny and he can write properly. He writes interesting things, so yes, Haz. Also, Cliff should do it too. He's got what it takes, no doubt about that.

Edward
25-06-2004, 03:26 PM
this is definately not for me :P

i vote sarah/keirauk/mapperz, whatever she calls herself these days :p

Kelsey
25-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Asking for my title back wasn't random...

And to keep this on topic...I vote (whether it makes a difference or not) for either Cliff for Haz.

acliff
25-06-2004, 06:21 PM
ChanOP used to be able to string together a witty sentence or two in his time... who am I to compete with him?

ChanOP
25-06-2004, 06:28 PM
You my bitch, ho.

Sarah
25-06-2004, 07:23 PM
What is the point in lusting for your title back. I used to be on officer, but I'm not having a hissy fit about it. In fact it doesn't bother me. You're here to post, not to look important.

>Edit: Since when did my officer title come back?

Kelsey
26-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Worry about yourself, please. I wasn't throwing a hissy fit.

Glare
26-06-2004, 01:07 AM
I like watching girls bitch and whinge.

/me grabs some more popcorn.

Kelsey
26-06-2004, 01:20 AM
I like watching girls bitch and whinge.

/me grabs some more popcorn.

I assume by your spelling mistake, it was you who edited my signature. And if it wasn't I apologize. For whichever higher power did, if that's your opinion, than I don't want the title.

Glare
26-06-2004, 01:24 AM
I don't have the power to edit signatures sorry, look at Baz or Liam for that, they are the admin.

Kelsey
26-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Then I apologize. But for the record, asking once or twice (nicely) about whether or not it would be possible to get my title back, if not a hissy fit.

Sarah
26-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Why couldn't you just wait patiently. :rolleyes: They were obviously busy.

Kelsey
26-06-2004, 06:35 PM
I was waiting patiently...it was just a question. Thanks for your concern.

Sarah
26-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Oh, you're welcome

acliff
26-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Calm down people. Lets not look down on others or feel superior to others for any reason... at this point in time. Kelsey, chill, Sarah, it was merely a simple question, don't latch on please, lets promote topic progression.

EmotionSickness
26-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Getting back on topic .....

I'm pretty up on my Keira news and pictures and I have a general understanding and appreciation for the English language, but my HTML skills are sub-par, to say the least (i.e. I've never done anything web site related), so I'm probably not going to be your go-to gal. :(

Ohh and I definitely have the funny. Sometimes. Whoever gave me this title ... I love you. You gave me a pretty good giggle (even if it was meant to be insulting ... it's funny). :p

Anywho, just to ensure that this post wasn't completely futile, I'm totally behind the votes for Cliff, apoggy, Sarah, and Haz. Although I don't really recall anyone saying we were even going to take a vote.

Liam
28-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Right. /me bitchslaps

This thread is officially in a comatose state, with drool leaking from its mouth and about 1000 volts being blasted into its chest at 1 second intervals to keep it alive. Have pity. Please.

If you think you can be of assistance by all means post. If you want to vote for someone or show support for them PM me instead.

apoggy
04-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Well for the next two weeks at least me and Cliff have taken over the mantle. After then, dependant probably upon our performance, barrington will reassess the situation and appoint more permenant newswriters. Keep any applications coming though

Cycleofthemoon
12-07-2004, 06:44 PM
I would gladly do it. iIm always on the look out online digging deep for info on people or places. I'm excellent in webdesign as well. I write, design, and manage my bands website with our drummer. Contact me at Digitalsurfer77@hotmail.com or on AIM: Bassgnome3eb :cool:

apoggy
18-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Right cretins the time has come, Ive PM'd the existing applicants and am now putting it out to those who have yet to apply.

If you want to be one of the undetermined number of successful applicants for the position of 'KKWavefront newswriter extraodinaire' send me (not Baz, cuts down on his workload) a PM with a fake news update that would be posted on the main page of KKWavefront. After deliberation winner(s) will be announced on this thread.

The update must contain a title, some sort of keira news and funny

No piss take entries, otherwise I'll temp ban you for wasting an administrators time :p

enjoy

Dyce_Blue
21-07-2004, 05:04 AM
I have noticed that this site is mostly populated with citizens of the United Kingdom and western Europe. I am from the US, and I was wondering if Keira related news and opinions from this side of the world are wanted on this site.

Now, I'm sure that you are contemplating what kind of information a yank like me can provide. I can give valuable information from the demographic of the American college student.

Keira Knightley is an increasingly more popular actress here stateside, and I think I can give the American point of view on the young Ms. Knightley.

If it is still necessary, I will be happy to write a mock article to submit for review. I guess that is all for now.

Guido
23-07-2004, 08:02 PM
I Think That's B-E-Autiful.... :P

Created by The Dutch Boy :P no SPAM this time :P

krackers
24-07-2004, 09:54 AM
yeah...thats a good idea Dyce Blue...i'm from australia...so i could do something along the lines of that too...i got a keen eye for everything about keira knightly!!!

Guido
24-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Keira wil Best naakt in film

UTRECHT - 12/07/04 - Actrice Keira Knightley had best een naaktscène willen spelen in de nieuwe actiefilm 'King Arthur', als daarom was gevraagd, heeft ze gezegd tegen de Engelse krant The Sun.

Eigenlijk had ze de gevechtsscènes naakt moeten spelen, vertelt ze de krant: "Historisch gezien vochten de Kelten en de Pikten naakt. Ik heb dus geluk gehad, maar als de rol erom had gevraagd, was ik zonder twijfel naakt gegaan." Volgens Keira zou het in dit geval de aandacht afleiden van de gevechtsscènes.

this is the dutch version straight out of the newspapers ( with a little delay :P ) i will translate it for all of u UK and US dudes :P

Keira would go naked in Movie

Utrecht - 12/07/04 - Actrice Keira Knightley would play a naked scene in the movie King Arthur if she was asked for one. so she said against the English newspaper the sun.

Actually she should have played the scenes naked she tells the newspaper.
in the historical point of view the Kelts and the Pikten ( dunno whats that in english :P ) fought naked. i was lucky says Keira, but if she would be asked for playing naked she definetly would play naked. according to Keira this would at least distract the attention of the Fightingscenes..

it is good that its not played naked cause u would see a lot of naked men and a woman :P and the movie would be like 16+ ..

Sarah
24-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Thats a good try, but it is lacking in proper grammar and so forth. Speach marks would also be good. :)

apoggy
24-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Lets just say, well done for trying but unfortunately the standard is nowhere near good enough. If you look at the style and quality of Barrington's written English this is what we are looking for. Some of the entries have met this standard, and if relevant funneh is used will seriously be considered for the position(s).

Guido
25-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Ok .:D but the spelling and grammar are the hard parts for me cause i'm from the netherlands so.. :D

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Ok...in my view this thread is long dead, as far as I'm aware no new applications have come in for some time and one new newswriter has been appointed for now...keep the applications coming in, I assume, but I'm moving it and unstickying...unless Baz or someone has an objection and wishes to resticky it.

aim
14-08-2004, 11:51 AM
thats sound nice can u pic me i know every thing about keir and my website keepsup to date with nes and i love kk so much!!! And does this in clide the pics cause i have heaps more

duckula
14-08-2004, 12:06 PM
English, use it.