PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother

keira loves lipgloss
06-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Who do you want to win it? :icon_err:

Sarah
06-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Lets try and turn this into a good discussion, shall we?

I want Nadia to win.

To quote the Mirror :
VOTE FOR NADIA

THERE is only one Big Brother housemate to vote for today.

From day one, she has been herself. Despite carrying a heavy secret, she has been the most open and the most sincere.

She has shown herself fearless in the face of aggression. She has shown she's all woman by showering in six-inch killer heels.

Hilarious and spirited, outrageous and vulnerable, Nadia is everything the nation could wish for in a BB contestant.

And it's only fair the Portuguese should win something this summer.

--
I think Nadia really deserves to win.

What has your opinion of Big brother been this year? Personally I think it has been the best Big Brother ever. I'm sure a lot of people here will say how rubbish BB is or whatever, I like it!

Kelsey
06-08-2004, 09:21 AM
What exactly is the concept of the show? We have a version of it here as well, and even though it's on its 4th or 5th season, I've never really attempted to get into it. But I've caught the tail end of the last few episodes since it's on right before The Amazing Race (OMG, most addicting show ever!), and so lately I've been wondering just what the point of it is. I know there are a lot of people who are really into it.

Sarah
06-08-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm not really sure of the point, to be honest. It's just really addictive over here. I'm not sure if the American version is any good because I've never seen it. I think BB is just a nation-wide addiction over here.

Kelsey
06-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Oh. All I know is there's a whole bunch of people like...stuck in a house with a camera watching them 24/7? People used to be really addicted, and then it left for a couple seasons and now it's back. I think it's the same as in the UK and the other countries they show it in, only with Americans. Just wondering what the point was because every time I turn it on they're on a couch and power gets passed to someone else. I don't know.

Sarah
06-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Yes, well its been on here every year since 2000. Last year is was REALLY boring, nothing ever happened in the house, but this year has been really explosive.. there's been huge fights and its just been a lot of fun. I'm sad that its coming to an end tonight, but it has to end sometime. I'm just happy that its been so lively this year.

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Nadia's been ashamed of herself...hardly call that being yourself. She's played the public sympathy perfectly, by telling them all about her heartbreaking ordeal and then purposely not telling the house so she can spin this "acceptance" spiel...whereas any idiot can tell if she wanted to be accepted as a woman she should never have told the public, as they haven't accepted her as one, whatever shit people say, they've accepted her as the transexual. I've noticed EVERY person who've said they want her to win mention her "secret" or her "ordeal" her "experience" or "What she's been through". What's that got to do with winning? Sympathy? Pity? With pity comes contempt.

Victor was the only worthy winner...himself...played the game...was funny...didn't pander to public sympathy or any of that BS...best housemate by far ever...typically shows the great British public can't stand TRUE honesty...ironic then that the few American celebrities who've commented on BB5 like the plots that Vic and Jay get up to...it's the bloody concept of the show :mad:

Of those left, should be Jay, but never will be. Dan's licked arsed since day one, in more ways than one ;) He panders to whoever he thinks has a shot of winning, initially Jason and Vanessa, and then Nadia and Marco...and now he seems to have come full circle back to Jason again, since the last three evictions he's been up and survived :D

Ahh well...yet again the great British public showing their idiocy will vote for Nadia the fake, Nadia the sympathetic pitied person...and to be honest I feel sorry for her if that's what it takes her to win. She should've chosen to either be proud of her ordeal, and then tell everyone, including the house, or said "I am a woman, I want to be accepted as one, so I'll tell noone"...she hedged her bets for a reason people :p She's playing every single one of you...and perhaps for that, the best game plan of all, she deserves to win...you'll all see you've been played...as you did with Cameron last year...we haven't had a truly worthy BB winner since Brian.

And yes, I watch Big Brother...got addicted to series 3 as it was my final year of Uni and it began the day of my last exam, so I just got into it, developed insomnia from staying up playing cards online so I used to have BB in the background...got hooked. Plays into everyone natural voyeuristic side. Unlike most, however, I don't get obsessive about it, or obsessive about particular people...people act like they know these folk, as opposed to simply knowing whatever side of these people they choose to portray on TV.

EDIT: Just noticed how long this post was...sheesh :icon_redf

keira loves lipgloss
06-08-2004, 09:46 AM
I want nadia to win,she is bubbly and bright ;)

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 09:49 AM
And all this crap about her being funny is well off...laughing AT someone is different than laughing with them. Plus she's not even that funny to laugh AT. She's actually vicious, and a bully, and has picked fights with everyone, and made everyone think it's been others attacking her (eg Jason). It's just like Emma...everyone was convinced Vic started it...yet at MTV she supposedly attacked him and MTV's staff called her a psycho, and felt Vic had been the innocent victim who just stood his ground :p

Finally some sense is arriving...and you'll all see it with Nadia too...too late methinks, sadly :(

duckula
06-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I don't care. Let me rephrase, I don't give a shit.

Sarah
06-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I'm not sad enough to vote for any of them, I just like Nadia's laugh and I think she's cool. I want her to win.

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Heh...what a surprise there Ducky :D

Well...we know your thoughts...and I've said mine...I'll leave the teenybopper idiots to their obsessive bullshit which shows all the intelligence of a slug. Oh well.

deviljet88
06-08-2004, 01:36 PM
What version are you guys up to in the UK? In Australia, the 3rd version (not counting celebrity version) just finished, with a prize of 1 million aus dollars.

Narg
06-08-2004, 01:44 PM
They run different seasons in each country, weve had a couple, i watched the first one right through, got bored with the others...

deviljet88
06-08-2004, 01:46 PM
They're all boring, though the first one was the greatest just for having Sara-Marie and Blair, who's now on Neighbours.

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 01:48 PM
We're on series 5...

deviljet88
06-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Does it still get good ratings? I mean by the 5th episode here I hope its dead as a doornail. The final episode aired in Melbourne got over half a million viewers.

Liam
06-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I echo duckula's sentiment.

In fact, I'll take it a step further. We should take everyone involved with the show, stuff them into the house, and lock the doors. Make them eat each other. Or something.

duckula
06-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Battle Royale (or Running Man, I'm not fussed).

Liam
06-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Sarin gas?

duckula
06-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Take one room. Decorate to a 'disco' theme. Put the housemates in. Add disco music and VX gas and watch them spasm to the beat. Last one to snap their own spine is the winner.

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 05:05 PM
hehe...I thought chainsaws myself :p

Liam
06-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Thats brilliant. Pure unadulterated genius.

Serious note - I don't get the attraction to this show. It failed dismally in its second season back home yet they continue to produce more of the same mind-rot garbage simply to keep the 'lolz i rite in txt spk' generation enthralled. The mind boggles. Surely the 11-14 demographic could better spend their time doing something educational and mind-enriching.

duckula
06-08-2004, 05:12 PM
It's cheaper than decent tv and all the brain dead idiots seem to go crazy for it.

Hazzle
06-08-2004, 05:19 PM
the brain dead idiots.

AKA KKW's new core demographic :D

duckula
06-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Sadly true.

keira_lover
07-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Big Brother=worst show ever! :icon_down
This and all reality shows are just knockoffs of the Real World.

frodo1511
07-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Only reality show I can stand is the news.

deviljet88
08-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Surely the 11-14 demographic could better spend their time doing something educational and mind-enriching.

Its not the 11-14 demographic who watch that show, its people from 15-20. I never watch that show, and know plenty of other 14 year olds who don't.