PDA

View Full Version : Wavefront Expansion Plans - Decide The Future!

barrington
31-07-2004, 06:34 PM
We've all been having a bit of a chat up in the office that overlooks the cretinous hoardes of ant-like workers in the KKW manufacturing plant.

While KKW is doing well, we would like to expand our little empire with the construction of a secondary Wavefront site. Scarlett Johansson Wavefront is the current favourite, but we thought we'd throw it open to the vote.

If not her, then what actress should we turn our attentions to?

Would anyone be interested in us putting together more of the same Wavefront flavour but with another actress? And if we did, would anyone like to help out? The full gamut of postitions would be available from admins, mods, designers, writers...the whole shaboozie.

Let us know, eh.

I'm all right Jack.

Kelsey
31-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Scarlett please....my favorite person in the world. And since my Scarlett site fell through (which I'm very disappointed about - you know who you are :)), I've been looking for a good Scarlett forum but always leave because it just doesn't meet the standards KKW has set.

EDIT: I just read the last line of your post. May I please have power? I promise I would do a fantastic job....:) :)

EDIT AGAIN: I'm so excited! Lol, k, I'll stop now. I'm gonna go watch Lost in Translation.

Sarah
31-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Oh my god, not Scarlett Johansson! I hate her! I say Natalie Portman Wavefront, but I suppose everyone will hate that. Shame on them. Oh well.

Edit: I got thinking for a second. If you do another wavefront, I'd really hate to see a lot of people from KKW jumping over onto that forum and leaving this one to shrink... that'd be awful.

Hazzle
31-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah, add my name to a Scarlett Wavefront too...and I'd love to help out with it in any way I can...just let me know what you need and if I can help, I will...

Dyce_Blue
31-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Who is possibly better than Keira Knightley? Not Scarlett Johanson, that's for sure.

If there is a new Wavefront board created, be it SJW or NPW, I will be perfectly fine with parking it right here on the original KKW (I'm sure the mods are happy about this).

The only reason I'm here is because Keira Knightley is my exclusive favorite actress. No one else even comes close...

What about a D_BW?

Jacoby
31-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh my god, not Scarlett Johansson! I hate her! I say Natalie Portman Wavefront, but I suppose everyone will hate that. Shame on them. Oh well.

Shit. I actually agree with Sarah. *kills himself*

I vote for a Natalie site..mmmm.

duckula
31-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Jennifer Garner.
Maggie Gylenhaal.
Zhang Ziyi.
Selma Blair.

They don't have to be teenaged.

Sarah
31-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Shit. I actually agree with Sarah. *kills himself*

Charming!

It would appear to me that the Scarlett idea is almost half set in stone. I wouln't mind, as long as people don't desert KKW.

Dyce_Blue
31-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Charming!

It would appear to me that the Scarlett idea is almost half set in stone. I wouln't mind, as long as people don't desert KKW.

I wouldn't desert KKW...

johnnyboy
31-07-2004, 06:54 PM

Edit: I got thinking for a second. If you do another wavefront, I'd really hate to see a lot of people from KKW jumping over onto that forum and leaving this one to shrink... that'd be awful.

NPW, I'd love that, although SJW isn't bad either, im in favor of NP.

apoggy
31-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Charming!

The sites would run alongside each other with the forums probably shared, so KKW will NOT be abandonned

Oencross
31-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Uhhh... if there are more wavefronts, does that mean I have to do the scans for all the other ones too? (FUCK SHIT MUTHER FUCKER AWWWWW HELL [I'll do it]) I just can't imagine an upcoming star that would be worth doing it for. Quite a time consuming operation I'd say. Not to mention that there aren't many stars that I don't mind staring at for hours on end. Ah well, what can you do.

My suggestion would have been Emmy Rossum, but she's not someone I can stare at all day, but she is an upcoming star. As far as anyone else, I have no idea. Maybe some other people have some suggestions.

Peace.

duckula
31-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh yeah Kristin Kreuk and Evan Rachel Wood.

apoggy
31-07-2004, 06:59 PM
the only problem (and a fairly big one) with NPWavefront is the fact that natalieportman.com dominates the market to an extent that it wouldnt be worth attempting to take a slice, that said its the one that barrington would most like to make, plus their forums are so shit

Sarah
31-07-2004, 07:02 PM
plus their forums are so shit

Exactly. I've looked for a Natalie Portman forum for years but all I've found is naff ones with about 4 members.

Richard
31-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Kate Beckinsale.
Milla Jovovich.

I need a good forum and website for either one, all her others are just shit and not up-to-date.

EDIT: I second ducky's Evan Rachel Wood. :)

Jacoby
31-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Charming!

Heh, sorry I was a little angry because you don't like Americans and call us pathetic. But whatever, can't let the internet bother me.

I think it should be Natalie Portman because Garden State is coming out soon, and we'd get a lot of new members after its release. I mean, is Scarlett even going to do another movie? Pfft...probably not.

Dyce_Blue
31-07-2004, 08:16 PM
One time I saw a movie with a young actress that completely enchanted me. I can't remember the name of the movie or the actress.

I believe she was British. Wait...no...wait...her name...

Oh yeah, her name was KEIRA KNIGHTLEY.

How could I forget?

This site definitely won't be on full power if it is split. Isn't the purpose of the site of discuss KEIRA? Are you people bored of her or something?

If you're bored, what about a little spruce-up. Maybe a template change or a new logo...

Ardnax
31-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Evan Rachel Wood
Emma Watson
Kate Winslet

Kelsey
31-07-2004, 08:17 PM
I mean, is Scarlett even going to do another movie? Pfft...probably not.

Are you joking?! Scarlett has "A Love Song for Bobby Long" with John Travolta coming out, "A Good Woman" with Helen Hunt, "Synergy" with Dennis Quiad. She just replaced Kate Winslet in Woody Allen's new film and was shooting in London a couple weeks ago, plus she pitched the idea for and is set to star in "Napoleon and Betsy", will be starting "Mission: Impossible 3" and...why do I think I'm missing one???? There was one she was trying to get picked up, but it hasn't as of yet, probably will though since she's been so successful.

Jacoby
31-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Are you joking?!
Yes I was actually. Sorry, sarcasm is hard to imply online.

Kelsey
31-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Ah okay....I thought maybe you might be joking....cause like....duh. Just thought I would be sure.

Mags
31-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Hmm...Natalie Portman sounds like a good go...the only other actresses I can think of would be like...Kate Winslet as someone said, and Uma Thurman...after seeing Kill Bill...I firmly believe that Uma rocks my socks, but I don't really think I'd get as into an UTW as I am in KKW.

I say no to Kristen Kruek...only the sole precept that "KKW" is already taken silly. And because I don't think she's that special.

acliff
31-07-2004, 08:30 PM
As a guy who's attracted to women, (as opposed to a woman, attacted to men) Kristin Kreuk is goddamn hot. She is young and yet to become big. I'd suggest Katie Holmes, except that she keeps doing indie films... maybe the new batman film will change that.

Mags
31-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Katie Holmes is in Batman Begins? Interesting...I'll second Cliff's fine judgment on Katie Holmes.

Meh on Kristen Kruek

Josher
31-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I like the idea of a Cathrine Zeta Jones Wavefront or Cameron Diaz Wavefront :) .

DefyingGravity
31-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Why not Angelina Jolie? She's gorgeous, talented, she's generous, she's an ambassador... I heart her.

But I'm not picky. :)

EDIT: Yes I am! NOT Cameron Diaz!! Ewww, anyone but her!

Richard
31-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Why not Angelina Jolie? She's gorgeous, talented, she's generous, she's an ambassador... I heart her.

But I'm not picky. :)

EDIT: Yes I am! NOT Cameron Diaz!! Ewww, anyone but her!

I now second Angelina Jolie, but seriously... I'm not too sure it's a good thing to have a second wavefront. Too much work for admins, you've guys been through enough. Eh... since when do I care what they do... Besides, I'm part of too many forums as it is. No doubt I'll probably join, you guys are the nicest jerks I've ever met.

barrington
31-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Okay, lots of good ideas.
What I really want is an actress that is either up and coming, or one that doesn't have good representation on the internet yet. I would love to do a Natalie Portman Wavefront, but it's absolutely out of the question since there are SO many natalie websites out there already. We'd be merely imitating natalieportman.com (okay with a better design and forums, but they've monopolised it)

Scarlett is good because she doesnt have any good quality websites, but we're open to other ideas about who is about to make it big but isn't really recognised yet. I took a gamble with Keira two years ago and it happened to pay off. We want to repeat that success. It'll be hard.

As for splitting the site - this isn't true. What we're talking about is opening another entirely separate website that's nothing to do with KKW. The only crossover would be in the forums. Instead of the KKWForums, it'd be the WFForums (Wavefront Foundation) to encompass whatever range of sites we decide to run - with a separate Scarlett (or whatever) category, but retaining the gallery, general discussion and wavefront issues etc... This would bolster our community (keira or not) but also for licensing issues since we can't run more than one instance of vBulleting on this server.

No decisions will be taken for a couple of weeks, so keep giving us your input - we'd like to extend our reach in the fansite community!

Dyce_Blue
01-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Besides Keira Knightley, there is only one more actress I can think of that fits Barr's criteria. Most of you don't even know who she is. Her name is Aishwarya Rai, and is the biggest star in India. Not one American knows of her unless they have seen her Bollywood movies.

She is about to start a career in America, and recently filmed a hair color commercial for L'Oreal. Here is a picture of her...

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=he&id=1808486907&cf=cannes_pg&photoid=478322

Glare
01-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Well, I have started making some plans if you go ahead with this baz, to me, it doesn't matter who the girl is, but I agree it needs to be some new star that has not quiet found her feet yet, does kk have a little sister? :P

FetusGoneWild
01-08-2004, 02:02 AM
I like the idea of a maggie gyllenhaal or evan rachel wood wavefront, but I think both of them already have some decent websites devoted to them (though no 'mature' forums) and aren't quite so "up and coming" as keira knightley. I also like the idea of an angelina jolie wavefront, but she isn't up and coming at all, and I think it would attract a lot of people that are like OMGboobzlolloLOLz and just watch her movies cause they want:
1) boobs
2) sex
3) boobs & sex (but not sex & boobs)

uh.
I'm not very helpful.
how about a fetuswavefront?

Kelsey
01-08-2004, 02:35 AM
Baz....if the Scarlett Johansson website works out....I would *love* to help out in any possible way. I gave my reasons in IRC so I won't list them again, but yeah...that would be cool because I've been following her career lately anyways.

Pinkfairy
01-08-2004, 02:38 AM
Suggestions: any of the three girls from the O.C. (samaire armstrong, rachel bilson, or mischa barton)

Hazzle
01-08-2004, 03:45 AM
As pretty as Mischa is, if it WERE to be OC based it'd HAVE to be Ms Bilson.

DragonRat
01-08-2004, 04:01 AM
Elisha Cuthbert, if any. There's way too many Nat Portman sites, and Elisha has just become one of the bigger stars in America (and elsewhere). Aishwarya Rai, as well as Hyori Lee (which would have been an automatic selection), are too nation-oriented to their specific homeland, to make a big splash in the international community.

If any of you would be interested in expanding to fit a Zhang Ziyi forum, then I could ask my connections over at the Zhang Ziyi forum I am currently at, and we might be willing to merge...though I don't know.

deviljet88
01-08-2004, 05:00 AM
Kristin Kreuk or Carly Pope or Alexis Bledel. I would prefer if KKW just stood alone but if you guys want to expand, good for you.

Spire
01-08-2004, 05:10 AM
Keep it to Keira, if you do expand, go with Natalie Portman.

Narg
01-08-2004, 07:11 AM

Yet again im going to have to agree with spire, all this agreeing with him is becoming strange :P, I would only visit the keira wavefront, and it concerns me that making a new wavefront would detract from posters on the kk forums.

acliff
01-08-2004, 08:09 AM

Did you not read what Baz said?
'Keep it to Keira' entirely redundant as this is thread about expansion. He specifically said,he would love to do Natalie, but its already been done, and there is a monopoly on it.
Up and coming actresses please.

deviljet88
01-08-2004, 09:34 AM
'Keep it to Keira' entirely redundant as this is thread about expansion. He specifically said,he would love to do Natalie, but its already been done, and there is a monopoly on it.
So you mean the "Nah, just keep KKW on it's own." option in the poll is redundant? I want my vote back so Scarlett doesn't get chosen! *refers to his 1st post for actresses*

Edward
01-08-2004, 09:51 AM
how about maria sharapova!!! she won me over £300!!!!

lol, i say someone new and young that will probably do well in the future so it will pretty much be started from the start of her life sort of thing

someone like emma watson

Ashlyn
01-08-2004, 10:09 AM
I voted for a Scarlett Johansson one because that nearly happened once before and it'd be nice if it did.

Sarah
01-08-2004, 10:56 AM
:( Shame about Natalie.. oh well, I don't care who it is then.

Hazzle
01-08-2004, 02:13 PM
So you mean the "Nah, just keep KKW on it's own." option in the poll is redundant? I want my vote back so Scarlett doesn't get chosen! *refers to his 1st post for actresses*

No...what Cliff meant was if you want to keep it to Keira...just bloody vote that and stay schtum...he doesn't need further feedback on that point...if you want another actress THAT'S where there's a need to post, or if you're volunteering to help with the new wavefront...but anything else is just SPAM that we don't need...I've lost count how many posts said "Just keira, another wavefront would distract and take members away". Which, incidentally, is BS, becuase the forums would be THE SAME.

What it would mean is where we have all the Keira sections, right below, or above, or wherever, would be the new wavefront's forums, and the SAME Gen discussion, wavefront issues etc...the only thing that would be seperate would be the site itself, the galleries etc...so why would that distract people? It'd actually work kinda how linking up with that Orlando Bloom site got us more Keira fans...they came here and saw our community was better and grew to like Keira as much, if not more than their idol. It'd broaden things like gen discussion so we wouldn't just have Keira fans posting there, and even Keira discussion would be aided by having non-obsessives posting.

This is step 2 on Baz's plan of domination of the fan-site network, silly people...it's not a plan to split members but create a franchise...which in turn would mean we could create a whole wavefront community of various different people...one login, one password, to access a bigger set of forums with a more diverse fanbase, which'd just make the whole set up so much better. Also it'd increase the chances of some official recognition, and with that we could deal with a fair few of the issues we get, like copyright and rumour management.

Moe
01-08-2004, 02:47 PM
He specifically said,he would love to do Natalie, but its already been done

Of course he would want to do Natalie.

Just curious, do wavefronts have to be about actresses or can they be about actors as well?

barrington
01-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Since I am a red-blooded, straight bloke I am constraining it to hot young females only.
We have to stare at these sites day in, day out. :D

Julespaxton
01-08-2004, 03:25 PM
NOT SCARLETTT>>>> PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY> I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO LEAVE IF THAT HAPPENED.

Anyhow, as for other actresses, Evan Rachel Wood is on her way up, just watch Thirteen, amazing work.

Or perhaps Angelina Jolie/Jennifer Garner? I would be happy to run an angelina centred sector and provide news and all info if you set up the site. Anyhow, mull it over, just let there not be a SJW. Please.

Jacoby
01-08-2004, 04:06 PM
I suggest someone a little older than Emma Watson (who was mentioned earlier.) Imagine all the kids that would join the forum if they added Emma. Plus, Baz is what, 22? Emma is...14? Is she 14 yet? That would be a bit odd. I'm sure Haz wouldn't have a problem with it though.

I'll have to search around for someone.

Kelsey
01-08-2004, 04:16 PM
If, say, Scarlett was chosen, it's not like everyone from here would be required to participate there as well, right? So what's the harm in another Wavefront being created (despite who the other person is). It's just another website on the internet, which happens to end in Wavefront.

Spire
01-08-2004, 05:33 PM

What crawled up your ass and died?

It's an option on the poll, I was just informing people how I felt about it, and I happened to agree with him, wasn't this thread made so we could tell him how we felt on the matter?

acliff
01-08-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm merely trying to promote constructive opinions. Whereas lots of people agreeing over and over on Natalie Wavefront, is thoroughly pointless. Because it won't happen. If you have nothing of worth to say, then don't say it :)

Spire
01-08-2004, 05:55 PM
The worth of my opinion is subjective. I consider it worthy of a post, while you may not, even if it isn't off-topic or spam.

Elijahfan
01-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Are you joking?! Scarlett has "A Love Song for Bobby Long" with John Travolta coming out, "A Good Woman" with Helen Hunt, "Synergy" with Dennis Quiad. She just replaced Kate Winslet in Woody Allen's new film and was shooting in London a couple weeks ago, plus she pitched the idea for and is set to star in "Napoleon and Betsy", will be starting "Mission: Impossible 3" and...why do I think I'm missing one???? There was one she was trying to get picked up, but it hasn't as of yet, probably will though since she's been so successful.

isnt she also in sponge bob square pants the movie, well it'd be her voice but still. scarlet's okay, i liked girl with a pearl earring but just wasnt feeling lost in translation. i heard a lot of people didnt like that movie either, watching it at home doesnt give the same feeling as in a movie theater

keira loves lipgloss
01-08-2004, 06:52 PM
emma watson,hilary duff (youll probably all disagree on that one) sarah-mitchelle gellar is love to help out (but you'd probably say no) :read: j/k

ryan
01-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Expand to Jennifer Garner, if anyone.
I do not like Scarlett at all.

Mags
01-08-2004, 08:52 PM
^^^ What Ryan said.

I thought of that last night after staying up till 5am watching Alias...and then promptly forgot about it. Jennifer Garner is awesome.

Dyce_Blue
01-08-2004, 08:59 PM
How old is Jennifer Garner? Isn't she like 30?

Jacoby
01-08-2004, 09:31 PM
NO, no Jennifer Garner. It's already been settled with Scarlett so you can just lock this thread up.

acliff
01-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Jessica alba. Without a shadow of a doubt.
Still young, film career is about to start, (honey was a bit of a shitpile, but her next film looks promising) and she is absolutely pant wettingly gorgeous.

deviljet88
01-08-2004, 10:10 PM
NO, no Jennifer Garner. It's already been settled with Scarlett so you can just lock this thread up.
It has not been settled with Scarlett! You should notice that many who posted their actress names here and wouldn't like to have Scarlett voted kkw to stand alone.

DragonRat
01-08-2004, 10:42 PM
I still think an Elisha Cuthbert fan site would work wonders. Of course, it's a real toss-up in the Hollywood for either Cuthbert or Johansson, and in all honesty, Scarlett has the advantage in pure acting talent, though Elisha has yet to show her true thespian grit.

Well, big up's to the expansion, whomever the object of affection may be.

KRev
02-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Sorry DR, Elisha looks like made-up trailer trash--just like Brittany Murphy.

Johannsen and Hershlag are the only contenders in my book... if I had a book... If any one cared... If any read this message...

Hello...

fantastic
02-08-2004, 05:03 AM
I just like Jennifer Aniston

aspro
02-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Out of all those suggested so far, id back scarlett.

KeirazBabe
02-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Hmmmm...well i havent seen any scarlett film.. but i like her ;) lol .. kristin kreuk and natalie portman are good.. my fav is jessica alba though! lol

xXx

apoggy
02-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Right people decisions have been made, plans are afoot, all you need do is read this thread (http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481) and reply if you think yourself suitable

deviljet88
03-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Meh the poll's useless.

Narg
03-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Meh the poll's useless.

I'm with Jet. Take a look at the poll, was it just there to humour us ?. :mad:

barrington
03-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Uh huh.

deviljet88
03-08-2004, 12:36 PM