PDA

View Full Version : lesbian scene?

kilyncw
31-07-2004, 07:04 AM
word around the hizzle dizzle is that keira's character in bend it like beckham was originally scripted to be the lesbian lover of the indian girl, but the director cut that part of the script. in further research, it has been noted that there was actually a quasi-lesbian scene also scripted in the movie, well obviously that got cut as well. but as i read keira was actually excited for it and disappointed when the director's morales and concious came into play when he found it offensive to the indian religion. anyone know if there is truth to this or if it is hear say?
________
Kid paxil (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

Renegade
31-07-2004, 07:39 AM
I'd say it's just another rumor. The movie is meant for a general audience but primarily aimed at younger girls. I don't think the director would deem it appropiate to add a lesbian scene. The movie is about 2 best friends playing football...let's leave it at that :).

IeatDogs
31-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Making Keira a lesbian would ruin a good portion of the film. The mother fearing that she was raising a lesbian daughter, the love triangle, and the scene in the car about trackies, Martina Navratalova, and clam bumping. I doubt that rumor is true.

DragonRat
31-07-2004, 08:55 AM
It's a rumor. Why would they ruin a family-oriented, feel-good film by adding another level of sexual misconvention? Not to say that homosexuality or the like is bad, but the idea of lesbianism is meant to be a running joke of stereotypes made by overtly athletic women.

ChocolateMoose
31-07-2004, 09:46 AM
...the director's morales and concious came into play when he found it offensive to the indian religion.

She. The Director of Bend it Like Beckham is a she - Gurinder Chadha :)

Hazzle
31-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Yes, and it is a rumour that's done the rounds before...don't really buy it...and who cares?

deviljet88
31-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Yes, and it is a rumour that's done the rounds before...don't really buy it...and who cares?
The people who want Keira involved in a lesbian scene, that's who. It would stuff up the movie so badly if there was a lesbian scene between Nagra and Keira.

DesignatedJerk
31-07-2004, 12:58 PM
The people who want Keira involved in a lesbian scene, that's who. It would stuff up the movie so badly if there was a lesbian scene between Nagra and Keira.

I dunno. Im not a big fan of this particular movie. during the whole time I was like "oh god. this is 2 hours of my life i won't get back" I think anything used would be nice to spice up the plot.

KnightleyNews
31-07-2004, 01:08 PM
This was the source of the story:
http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_841760.html?menu=

It has been neither confirmed or denied by Gurinder Chadha.

And the film did win a GLAAD award in March:
http://uk.gay.com/headlines/6030

Paul

kilyncw
31-07-2004, 01:32 PM
i'm sure it is just a rumor, but i saw it like 3 other places than that article above, which intrigued me a little bit because like most of you are saying, they would have had change a bit of the movie for this to be true.
________
The Office Forums (http://www.tv-gossip.com/office/)

Hazzle
31-07-2004, 02:13 PM
I dunno. Im not a big fan of this particular movie. during the whole time I was like "oh god. this is 2 hours of my life i won't get back" I think anything used would be nice to spice up the plot.

One word: Shallow. :icon_err:

deviljet88
31-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Not shallow, good advertising and publicity.

Hazzle
31-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Hang on, didn't you earlier say it'd stuff up the movie? NOW you think it would've been good? EH?! :icon_conf

DesignatedJerk
31-07-2004, 05:47 PM

now hold on a minute. did i say that? I wanted a lesbian plot to make the movie more intresting? no. I mearly mentioned that I felt that anything that would throw in a twist or turn here and there might spice up the movie.

deviljet88
01-08-2004, 03:32 AM
Hang on, didn't you earlier say it'd stuff up the movie? NOW you think it would've been good? EH?! :icon_conf
Publicity: I never said it was good. There would probably be that nonsense mumble jumble Family Assosiations around the world saying, The movie is promoting lesbianism blahblahblahblah. More news coverage, more interest.

Advertising: Don't tell me there are no males in existence who do not like lesbian scenes.

But yeah, I still stand by the point it would stuff up the movie.

Hazzle
01-08-2004, 03:47 AM
Publicity: I never said it was good. There would probably be that nonsense mumble jumble Family Assosiations around the world saying, The movie is promoting lesbianism blahblahblahblah. More news coverage, more interest.

Can see that point...though not sure controversy was what the film was supposed to be about.

Advertising: Don't tell me there are no males in existence who do not like lesbian scenes.

And that's why I said it was shallow :)

But yeah, I still stand by the point it would stuff up the movie.

Jolly good then.

deviljet88
01-08-2004, 03:53 AM
Can see that point...though not sure controversy was what the film was supposed to be about.

And that's why I felt it would ruin the movie. The director put in a bit of homosexuality in the movie anyway, the soccer guy in the Indian family. Sorry misunderstood what you meant by shallow lol

Spire
01-08-2004, 04:54 AM
Hehe....lesbians....

DragonRat
01-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Don't spam.

Keira_Majesta
05-03-2005, 10:27 PM
i dont think she would play that kind of role

Jamie
05-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I hope not, i'd be put off her, if she even considered it.

Digital_Ice
05-03-2005, 10:40 PM
firstly let me state that this is my opinion, and not a comment towards you personally

ok what would "put you off her"?

its only a role in a film, and what is wrong with homosexuality anyway?

ive often wondered why homosexuality is still considered a taboo

Jamie
05-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Lol, i'm not going to be in ANOTHER argument with you all i'm saying is i'd be alittle bit put off her if she considered doing a lesbian scene, thats what i'm talking about!

Jamie
05-03-2005, 11:00 PM
You know what it is only a role in a film but it still would put me off watching it..

Digital_Ice
05-03-2005, 11:03 PM
oh i get you

what argument?? are you refering to IRC, because i wasnt trying to argue with you, and i did say that i appologised if you took offence

anyway, i better not take this thread off topic

Jamie
05-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Yes i was reffering to IRC, I know you apoligised, you understand what i meant here so thats the end of it.

JackYang
06-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Don't double post!!! Learn how to edit!!!

Edward
07-03-2005, 08:38 PM
yes...

and take "my" avatar off....grrr :@:@:@