PDA

View Full Version : Uma

Richard
29-07-2004, 06:47 PM
In addition to talking about the other object of my affection, I thought I'd give you more to discuss, with this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2004341610,00.html

You be the judge. Is that Uma's hand or is that her new squeeze just grabbing himself?

Simple questions to get the thread going:

1. Are you a fan of Uma?
2. If needed, discuss her films.
3. What do you like about Uma?
4. Do you think Uma's hot? If not, you better have a damn good reason.

Dyce_Blue
29-07-2004, 07:08 PM
After careful deliberation, and the consultation of a second opinion, I have reached a conclusion. It is Uma's hand gracing this fellow's genitalia. If it were his, the thumb would be on the other side of his hand. Plus, as you can see from his other hand, his skin is a little bit different shade-wise,

Sarah
29-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Uma rocks. This is something which I love http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/mappers/uma02.jpg

amishka
29-07-2004, 08:10 PM
good luck to her its a shame a**holes cant respect peoples privacy which im sure if that were your gf you would have no complaints about her doing that to you :)

Richard
29-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Uma rocks. This is something which I love http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/mappers/uma02.jpg

Yeah, I saw that before. Lucky you. And you've got it framed and everything. :)

good luck to her its a shame a**holes cant respect peoples privacy which im sure if that were your gf you would have no complaints about her doing that to you :)

Oh no, of course not. :D I actually read that photo was the result of an accident. Apparently, the photographer was going for something else. :icon_conf

Renegade
29-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Loved Uma in both Kill Bills and Pulp Fiction...not that much in Batman & Robin but whatever, she was still sexy in it :icon_bigg .

As for the pic, paparazzi are dicks. They'll do anything to get the money shot. If Uma wants to grab her guy's thing, then let her. We all do it :p .

frodo1511
29-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Haven't seen Kill Bill(don't ever want to),or paycheck, but I do remember her playing Poison Ivy in batman/ robin. I thought she had a decent performance in the movie (way better than Ah-nulds) but Recently, has anyone seen previews of "The Village?" I'm going to catch the premiere of it tommorow evening, and I was wondering if she was in it. Either that, or someone who closly resembles her (in my opinion) is in the movie. I've only heard of Adrien Brody and Jacquoin Phoenix for the main roles, not sure if Uma's in it.

Richard
29-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Haven't seen Kill Bill(don't ever want to),or paycheck, but I do remember her playing Poison Ivy in batman/ robin. I thought she had a decent performance in the movie (way better than Ah-nulds) but Recently, has anyone seen previews of "The Village?" I'm going to catch the premiere of it tommorow evening, and I was wondering if she was in it. Either that, or someone who closly resembles her (in my opinion) is in the movie. I've only heard of Adrien Brody and Jacquoin Phoenix for the main roles, not sure if Uma's in it.

That's funny. You choose Uma's role in Batman & Robin rather than Kill Bill, or Paycheck. Honestly, that's just wrong.

Uma's not in The Village, she's in St. Tropez. :)

apoggy
30-07-2004, 12:38 AM
As an actress I like her.

As a sex object, she just doesnt do it for me.

Hazzle
30-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Her hand.

1) A fan, yes, a SUPERB actress
2) Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill stand out but she's just awesomely talented
3) What's not to like?
4) OOOOH yes...mmmmm...Poggs is just weird, but we knew that anyway :p

frodo1511
30-07-2004, 01:15 AM
That's funny. You choose Uma's role in Batman & Robin rather than Kill Bill, or Paycheck. Honestly, that's just wrong.

Uma's not in The Village, she's in St. Tropez. :)

What? I have no interest in seeing Kill Bill or Paycheck. I'm sure her roles in those movies are nothing short of superb, but they really don't go and yell "WATCH ME!!!" in my face. Oh, and thanks richard for the clearup on the Village.

Richard
30-07-2004, 02:19 AM
What? I have no interest in seeing Kill Bill or Paycheck. I'm sure her roles in those movies are nothing short of superb, but they really don't go and yell "WATCH ME!!!" in my face. Oh, and thanks richard for the clearup on the Village.

On second thought, that didn't make a hell of alotta sense. What I mean't to say was, I was somewhat surprised that you have no interest in seeing Kill Bill, (now that I think of it, I remember you saying something awhile ago about how can no one like Uma after seeing Kill Bill, so I automatically assumed you saw it... perhaps that was someone else.) but not everybody can be like me. :icon_redf

I don't know about you, but Tarantino says "WATCH ME!!!". :) Not only his films, but he's a very interesting person. I've come to take a liking.

frodo1511
30-07-2004, 04:35 AM
On second thought, that didn't make a hell of alotta sense. What I mean't to say was, I was somewhat surprised that you have no interest in seeing Kill Bill, (now that I think of it, I remember you saying something awhile ago about how can no one like Uma after seeing Kill Bill, so I automatically assumed you saw it... perhaps that was someone else.) but not everybody can be like me. :icon_redf

I don't know about you, but Tarantino says "WATCH ME!!!". :) Not only his films, but he's a very interesting person. I've come to take a liking.

Nope, that wasn't me talking about Kill Bill. Tarantino is a good director, I enjoyed watching Pulp Fiction and From Dusk 'til Dawn, but I don't get excited for Kill Bill. My friends and I, however, are psyched for his new movie, HERO, since it reminds us of crouching tiger, hidden dragon.

Kelsey
30-07-2004, 05:44 AM
I don't think she's hot. And my reason is because I'm a girl. But I don't even think she's that pretty. Sorry.

As for her acting, I think she's very good. No one else could have done Kill Bill like she did. That's all I've ever really seen her in, except for Paycheck, but that was a sorry movie anyways, so I'll forgive her for it. Also, I feel bad for her about her divorce. Who in there right mind cheats on Uma Thurman? Or Halle Berry? Or Nicole Kidman? Dumbasses.

Narg
30-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Shes a great actor, shes attractive, but nothing special for me.

havoc
30-07-2004, 10:57 AM
I have to say, I think she's a fantastic actress, fully. But I have to say, I really find her quite unattractive. I mean, not in a real life kind of way. I'm sure compared to actual real people, she's gorgeous. But I find her sort of...harsh looking. I struggle to find words.
*duck*

Hazzle
30-07-2004, 04:09 PM
I don't think she's hot. And my reason is because I'm a girl. But I don't even think she's that pretty. Sorry.

As for her acting, I think she's very good. No one else could have done Kill Bill like she did. That's all I've ever really seen her in, except for Paycheck, but that was a sorry movie anyways, so I'll forgive her for it. Also, I feel bad for her about her divorce. Who in there right mind cheats on Uma Thurman? Or Halle Berry? Or Nicole Kidman? Dumbasses.

Cruise and Kidman was a dubious link...she was always paranoid about him having affairs (she actually insisted they cut the long kiss between Tom and Emmanuel Beart in the first Mission Impossible)...methinks projection was at play there...and MY suspicion of it was that she probably cheated on him at some stage and that would explain her paranoia. Then again, I'm a Tom Cruise fan, and you're a Nicole Kidman fan...so we'll not agree on that one...big surprise ;)

As for cheating on beautiful and talented women...it's INSANE. Oh...and can I add a name to your list which I'm SURE you'll love, as you love the twat...Hugh Grant :p. With a hooker no less...silly silly boy. Especially as Liz Hurley=better looking than Uma, Halle or Nicole.

Richard
30-07-2004, 06:38 PM

:icon_mecr

As for cheating on beautiful and talented women...it's INSANE. Oh...and can I add a name to your list which I'm SURE you'll love, as you love the twat...Hugh Grant :p. With a hooker no less...silly silly boy. Especially as Liz Hurley=better looking than Uma, Halle or Nicole.

I was just thinking of that, Hugh Grant had issues. How can somebody choose an ugly hooker when you have a woman like Liz Hurley at home. "Excuse me, but could you suck my **** for 40 dollars." Hilarious on I Love the 90s.

Liz Hurley = better looking than Uma, Halle or Nicole... sure, why not. :)

Dyce_Blue
30-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Liz Hurley = better looking than Uma, Halle or Nicole... sure, why not. :)

Liz is actually #5 on my list.

1. Keira Knightley
2. Catherine Zeta-Jones
3. Aishwarya Rai (Indian film star)
4. Kelly Hu
5. Elizabeth Hurley

Sorry...No Uma here.

Kelsey
30-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Cruise and Kidman was a dubious link...she was always paranoid about him having affairs (she actually insisted they cut the long kiss between Tom and Emmanuel Beart in the first Mission Impossible)...methinks projection was at play there...and MY suspicion of it was that she probably cheated on him at some stage and that would explain her paranoia. Then again, I'm a Tom Cruise fan, and you're a Nicole Kidman fan...so we'll not agree on that one...big surprise ;)

Well considering you don't know them, despite speaking like you do, I'll stick with what I said thankyou very much, since your theory could be just as true or just as much bullshit as what I said.

Hazzle
30-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Well considering you don't know them, despite speaking like you do, I'll stick with what I said thankyou very much, since your theory could be just as true or just as much bullshit as what I said.

Thing is, the bit about the cut scene...that bit's true, and in fact it's by NO means the only incident...thus underlying my paranoia point...of course the projection one was not based on knowledge but theory, but it certainly makes at least as much sense as him cheating on her...or is it only men that cheat on their partners? No...didn't think so...thanks for admitting that your point was BS, because I know for a fact mine was...I was making a point...and you helped underline it. Difference is I'm aware mine is BS, you talk like yours is true.

Kelsey
31-07-2004, 12:55 AM
In my original post, I actually wasn't even referring to Tom Cruise who cheated on her. I don't think he did, actually. I was referring to the rumors of Lenny Kravitz cheating on her, which I don't really doubt. Doesn't matter who cheated on who. The thread was about Uma Thurman who was cheated on by Ethan Hawke, and so I listed gorgeous women who had been cheated on by their husbands. Even if Nicole did cheat on Tom, which I kind of doubt, then she's an idiot. Who in their right mind cheats on Tom Cruise? I wasn't playing favorites, nor was I implying that only men cheat, I was simply listing other celebrities who have possibly been cheated on (possibly, meaning according to the press) to make my Uma Thurman/Ethan Hawke point stronger.
And I didn't admit my point was BS, you forgot the other half of the statement, about it possibly being true. I'm not pretending to know for sure who cheated on who when it comes to Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise, and I know you're not either. Mine is pure theory and speculation, same as yours.

Hazzle
31-07-2004, 01:08 AM
In my original post, I actually wasn't even referring to Tom Cruise who cheated on her. I don't think he did, actually. I was referring to the rumors of Lenny Kravitz cheating on her, which I don't really doubt.

Ahh...simple misunderstanding. Yeah, I don't think Tom cheated on her or they wouldn't still be so close. As for Lenny Kravitz...wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Doesn't matter who cheated on who. The thread was about Uma Thurman who was cheated on by Ethan Hawke, and so I listed gorgeous women who had been cheated on by their husbands.

Yeah, that's where I got Tom Cruise from, but yeah, we all know about the dimwit Ethan Hawke...what a silly silly boy. Like you said, who in their right mind would cheat on Uma Thurman? I wouldn't...but then...I wouldn't cheat full stop...oh well :)

Even if Nicole did cheat on Tom, which I kind of doubt, then she's an idiot. Who in their right mind cheats on Tom Cruise?

Hehe...that I can agree with. Then again, in my view, why cheat at all? :p Noone should cheat on anyone, because it's just wrong and stupid...but yeah...I can agree with the stupid comments regarding these guys...Hugh Grant :D

I wasn't playing favorites, nor was I implying that only men cheat, I was simply listing other celebrities who have possibly been cheated on (possibly, meaning according to the press) to make my Uma Thurman/Ethan Hawke point stronger.

Fair enough, I just saw the Nicole Kidman comment, thought you were only listing husbands who cheated on their wives (as far as I'm aware Uma and Ethan were married, and Halle was also cheated on by her husband, whereas Nicole and Lenny aren't yet married, as far as I was aware) and assumed you meant Tom. Simple mistake.

And I didn't admit my point was BS, you forgot the other half of the statement, about it possibly being true. I'm not pretending to know for sure who cheated on who when it comes to Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise, and I know you're not either. Mine is pure theory and speculation, same as yours.

Yes yes dear...<pats>

Spire
31-07-2004, 05:07 AM
I enjoy Uma in her roles in Tarantino films, but nothing else she's in has impressed me.

Richard
31-07-2004, 05:23 AM
I enjoy Uma in her roles in Tarantino films, but nothing else she's in has impressed me.

Funny you say that, I too probably only enjoyed Uma in Tarantino's films. I recently saw Mad Dog And Glory with Robert DeNiro & Bill Murray, and something just wasn't there. She did a rather intense sex-scene you have to see to believe. Paycheck was probably the only role I liked from her (that I have seen) that wasn't a Tarantino film. But she played the typical supporting role as the girlfriend to the lead actor which is Ben Affleck. Those roles are straight-forward... run and scream, so there's not really much to evaluate. Batman & Robin we all know about, poor Uma put into a shit film like that. So far, besides Gattaca & The Avengers because I have yet to see them, Uma shined in Tarantino's films. I would go as far as to say that, but I might change my mind as I watch more of Uma's past projects in the future.

I for one am looking forward to Be Cool opposite John Travolta, seen previews and it looks great.

duckula
31-07-2004, 09:39 AM
She was excellent in Gattacca.

acliff
31-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Yes yes dear...<pats>

If it's at all humanly possible, can you stop being condescending purely to make someone pissed off please?

Hazzle
31-07-2004, 11:02 AM
She was excellent in Gattacca.

Hear hear. One of her best performances.

If it's at all humanly possible, can you stop being condescending purely to make someone pissed off please?

a) It's not possible, it's what I do
b) Please, don't assume to know why I was behaving as I was. If you want to know, kindly fucking ask me...it was a joke...based on a comment Kelsey made about her post to me in AIM...sadly you were not privy to the comment and jumped on your high horse again. If you'd like to know, ask, but don't fucking presume to know the workings of my mind, arsehole.

Next time, engage brain and act like the intelligent guy you are, instead of the plonker you act like a fair amount of the time? I have an excuse for acting immature and idiotic...I am both :D

acliff
31-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Hear hear. One of her best performances.

a) It's not possible, it's what I do
b) Please, don't assume to know why I was behaving as I was. If you want to know, kindly fucking ask me...it was a joke...based on a comment Kelsey made about her post to me in AIM...sadly you were not privy to the comment and jumped on your high horse again. If you'd like to know, ask, but don't fucking presume to know the workings of my mind, arsehole.

Next time, engage brain and act like the intelligent guy you are, instead of the plonker you act like a fair amount of the time? I have an excuse for acting immature and idiotic...I am both :D

Right, as my previous comment was through my job as moderator.
You have insulted me and what I was trying to achieve.
Regardless that you are actually my friend, this is your first warning.
Thank you.

Hazzle
31-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Right, as my previous comment was through my job as moderator.
You have insulted me and what I was trying to achieve.
Regardless that you are actually my friend, this is your first warning.
Thank you.

Ahh well..it's a mighty shame you were doing such a poor job then...picking up on one sentence out of a large discursive post hardly shows good judgement on your part as to what's "flaming" or "abusive", does it? Oh well...

That said, fair nuff, numero uno warning for me...

Back on topic...who else felt she wasn't so much poor as Poison Ivy as in an ABYSMAL movie and couldn't really do anything more than she did?

Pinkfairy
31-07-2004, 06:35 PM
I actually watched The Truth about Cats and Dogs from beginning to end. Uma was entertaining to watch, as was Ben Chaplin, but the movies is sorta stupid. She's been good in every movie I've seen her, even if she only had a small role (dangerous liasions, les miserables, beautiful girls...) The only movie where I felt I couldn't watch the end was Vatel. I caught it somewhere in the middle and it just didn't make sense

Hazzle
31-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Aye...forgot that...she was excellent in that too.

Richard
31-07-2004, 07:33 PM
I actually watched The Truth about Cats and Dogs from beginning to end. Uma was entertaining to watch, as was Ben Chaplin, but the movies is sorta stupid. She's been good in every movie I've seen her, even if she only had a small role (dangerous liasions, les miserables, beautiful girls...) The only movie where I felt I couldn't watch the end was Vatel. I caught it somewhere in the middle and it just didn't make sense

After owning The Truth about Cats and Dogs for years on DVD, I can't believe I forgot to mention it. She was the hottest in that movie I have ever seen. Superb role, not a bad film either.

Hazzle
01-08-2004, 03:39 AM
After owning The Truth about Cats and Dogs for years on DVD, I can't believe I forgot to mention it. She was the hottest in that movie I have ever seen. Superb role, not a bad film either.

Yah...mmmm...so gorgeous...and a decent enough film.