PDA

View Full Version : Bazzle succeeds in becoming intellectualist!

acliff
29-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Congrats to Barrington for being offered a place at the London Met for the unversity course of his choice! I hope my text advice helped greatly!

Btw, weren't you supposed to be in town yesterday eve? Was going to text you and find out whether everyone was going to drink themselves silly on your behalf... ah well, another time eh?

*much applause*

duckula
29-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Congratulations boss. Enjoy the london living, it doesn't get any better (or more expensivem, but who cares about money eh?).

apoggy
29-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Blagging eh? Who'd live without it?

KeirazBabe
29-07-2004, 02:09 PM
ooh congratz darlin! *mwahz*

xXx

Hazzle
30-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Pffft...never had any doubt...congrats boss man.

Kelsey
30-07-2004, 05:26 AM
Cliff informed me that London Met is a university, but for someone who is familiar with both countries, what is London Met equivalent to here in the U.S.? Like...a Harvard? A Princeton? Congratulations anyways.

barrington
30-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Thank you all. +1 ego inflation.

Pffffft. London Met is far superior to either Harvard or Princeton (because I'm going)
I wouldn't lower myself to such trifling institutions like Oxford or Cambridge. :D

Hazzle
30-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Cliff informed me that London Met is a university, but for someone who is familiar with both countries, what is London Met equivalent to here in the U.S.? Like...a Harvard? A Princeton? Congratulations anyways.

Actually, with all due respect, as an institution it's not even within the top 100 on the two major newspaper league tables (The Times and Guardian). That said, it is possibly a little harsh to compare the pre-merger Universities (London Met was technically only created this last year, and the first year for enrolment to it is this...previously it was two different universities that recently merged), and the merger will improve the University's placing.

But it really doesn't matter about the institution, as it's the course that matters. Some places are better for certain courses, or offer certain courses that are only offered by very few universities. Factor in location and that often means one place is the only one in the location you want that offers the course. To be honest, it's ALL about the course here, not where you do it...some places are just excellent at some courses but suck at ALL their others...this'll lead to a low ranking but if you want to do one of the courses they're excellent in, why would the low ranking put you off?

In truth all the London Universities, whilst they may not rank highly on the league tables, carry some weight because...well...it's London :p.

In that sense any London Uni is better than any other Uni in the world because they're not in London ;).

(PS: I'd just like to clarify I am not denegrating Baz's achievement, as getting into the University you want to go to doing the course you want is all that matters, and it's a great achievement. Grats again.)

Spire
31-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Don't spend it all in one place.

johnnyboy
31-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Congrats Bazzle!