PDA

View Full Version : Animated Movies

MeggieHoops
27-07-2004, 02:56 AM
What are your favorite animated movies of all time?

Mine, in order:
Ice Age
Shrek
Monster's Inc

Eep I feel like there's totally another one, but I can't think of it right now.

Glare
27-07-2004, 02:58 AM
I dont know, but I had a thing for a series called Land Before Time there are about 6-7, keep in mind this was about 10 years ago now.

My current favourite would be toy story.

:icon_popc

Jacoby
27-07-2004, 03:00 AM
without a doubt the best (American) animated movie would have to be Emperor's New Groove.....one of my favorite movies actually. (Don't judge me.)

ryan
27-07-2004, 03:00 AM
i dont know if i have any favorites, but both 'toy story' movies were good, ice age was good, and shrek was good.

MeggieHoops
27-07-2004, 03:02 AM
without a doubt the best (American) animated movie would have to be Emperor's New Groove.....one of my favorite movies actually. (Don't judge me.)

Jesus Christ, thank you! That's it. I was going bonkers trying to remember. Ok on my list, that's second. Ice Age is first, Shreck is 3rd, Monster's Inc is 4th.

Jacoby
27-07-2004, 03:06 AM
Jesus Christ, thank you! That's it. I was going bonkers trying to remember. Ok on my list, that's second. Ice Age is first, Shreck is 3rd, Monster's Inc is 4th.

:) I always feel embarrassed watching that movie. I always watch it with a group of kids and I'm always laughing the hardest, but it's alright....it's actually a really funny movie.

Richard
27-07-2004, 03:08 AM
I don't see a lot of animation movies, but I'm bound to have a few I enjoyed.

- The Emperor's New Groove (I saw it in school a few years ago, I remember laughing non-stop).
- Toy Story (from what I can remember, the fat piggybank was hilarious).
- Shrek (some parts were funny).
- Finding Nemo (again, some parts were funny).

mufiman
27-07-2004, 03:20 AM
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

funniest animated movie ever.

The Nightmare Before Christmas was also one of my favorites.

Dyce_Blue
27-07-2004, 03:21 AM
1. Aladdin
2. Emperor's New Groove
3. Finding Nemo. i guess.

Jacoby
27-07-2004, 03:23 AM
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

funniest animated movie ever.

The first 45 minutes of that movie are seriously the funniest minutes I've ever experienced....the rest is good too. But the forst 45 minutes is definitely the best of that movie.

Dyce_Blue
27-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Now that we know everyone likes the same 4 or 5 animated movies, what are your favorite children's movies. Besides Aladdin and Emperor, I like these: http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dls?iid=7-1058718&lid=255-28559

MeggieHoops
27-07-2004, 03:35 AM
The Mighty Ducks!!

Ooh whoa I love that movie. And at the end of it (actually maybe it was at the end of the 2nd) they play We Are the Champions by Queen and I love that song.

Jacoby
27-07-2004, 03:38 AM
3 ninjas has to be the worst movie ever created....especially when you know a little bit about ninjutsu. Scottish ninjas that wear black sweat suits in broad daylight....hilarious.

Well, I'd have to say my favorite kids movie would be.......The Lion King...for it's morals..heh.

(Also I don't think anyone's mentioned the movies 'Lilo and Stich'[very funneh] and 'Triplettes of Belleville')

Dyce_Blue
27-07-2004, 03:42 AM
I don't really like the original 3 Ninjas movie. I love the second one, because they go to Japan (a place I was obsessed with when I was younger). I really liked Cop and a Half, even though many say it is horrible. There is a link under the movie on the page to see my review I think. It explains it all.

Kelsey
27-07-2004, 03:46 AM
I went through a Beauty and the Beast obsession when I was about 5. I still love that movie; one of my favorites. I guess my list would have to be:

Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
The Aristocats
Cinderella
Ice Age

Heh, I was raised on Disney.

Richard
27-07-2004, 03:47 AM
I don't really like the original 3 Ninjas movie. I love the second one, because they go to Japan (a place I was obsessed with when I was younger). I really liked Cop and a Half, even though many say it is horrible. There is a link under the movie on the page to see my review I think. It explains it all.

Cop And A Half is a great movie, it's one of my personal favorites from Mr. Burt Reynolds himself. Apart from Deliverance of course.

Dyce_Blue
27-07-2004, 03:51 AM
Cop And A Half is a great movie, it's one of my personal favorites from Mr. Burt Reynolds himself. Apart from Deliverance of course.

It's funny to see Deliverance and Cop and a Half mentioned in the same sentence. I forgot about Remember the Titans. Does that count as a kid's movie?

Spire
27-07-2004, 04:35 AM
1. Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
2. Akira
3. Aladdin

Pinkfairy
27-07-2004, 05:53 AM
I dont know, but I had a thing for a series called Land Before Time there are about 6-7, keep in mind this was about 10 years ago now.

My current favourite would be toy story.

:icon_popc
I love those. I remember watching them and thinking how cool they were (it was a long long time ago). I remember crying when Littlefoot's mum died.
I love The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladin.
South Park was really funny.

KRev
27-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Akira is tight... well, everything I've seen before I fell asleep.

alby
27-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Tokyo Godfathers, Graveyard of the Fireflies, Cowboy Bebop, Metropolis, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Shrek

(no special order)

Narg
27-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Toy story <-- seen it so many times i can quote most of the script.
Beavis and Butthead do America <-- fucking hilarious.
Titan A.E was pretty cool, so was spriggan and final fantisy.

Spire
27-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Tokyo Godfathers, Graveyard of the Fireflies, Cowboy Bebop, Metropolis, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Shrek

Grave of the Fireflies and Metropolis are two very sad, but very excellent movies.

ChocolateMoose
27-07-2004, 03:35 PM
My favourite animated movies are:

Lion King (classic - great songs, great story line...great everything)
Finding Nemo (I love Dory...shes SO funny!)
Shrek 2 (I think its better than the first. I love Puss in Boots and the Fairy Godmother is excellent. Not forgetting Donkey who is always great! Plus the CG is better)
Ice Age (Sid rules, hehehe)
Nightmare Before Christmas (Tim Burton...need I say more...he's a genius)
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (slightly predictable, but the CG is absolutly excellent)

Stormbringer
27-07-2004, 03:43 PM
My 3 favorite animated films-

FANTASIA
WATERSHIP DOWN
AKIRA

hasselbrad
27-07-2004, 09:36 PM
1. Shrek
2. Cinderella
3. Toy Story
4. Lion King
5. Finding Nemo
6. Shrek II
7. Sleeping Beauty
8. Toy Story II
9. Snow White
10. Heavy Metal

Honorable Mention:

Monsters, Inc.
Rugrats in Paris
Ice Age
South Park...the movie

I have a six year old daughter, so there's not a lot in this genre I haven't seen. That said, I've never seen Fantasia...strange.

Hazzle
28-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Animated movies are for kids

alby
28-07-2004, 12:57 AM
I heard the St. Seiya films are good. Haven't seen them yet myself.

Spire
28-07-2004, 01:55 AM
I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (coming out on DVD) will make it onto my list, considering the the trailer blew my face off. Holy shit, it was awesome, the CGI is flawless and the action is some of the coolest stuff I've ever seen, and that's no exaggeration.

Dyce_Blue
28-07-2004, 02:05 AM
Animated movies are for kids

I don't think that Heavy Metal was made for kids. At least I hope they didn't direct that toward kids. As we can see from the Shrek movies, I think that the writers try to put a little in there for the adults too.

Hazzle
28-07-2004, 02:13 AM
I don't think that Heavy Metal was made for kids. At least I hope they didn't direct that toward kids. As we can see from the Shrek movies, I think that the writers try to put a little in there for the adults too.

People need to learn to get a joke :p