PDA

View Full Version : Batman will fuck you up.

Mandy
30-06-2008, 03:28 PM
A teenager Saturday was struck and killed by a roller coaster at the Six Flags Over Georgia theme park outside Atlanta, authorities said.
The Batman ride at Six Flags over Georgia reaches speeds of up to 50 mph.

The 17-year-old park visitor was killed after scaling two fences -- one of which was six feet tall -- around the Batman roller coaster, park spokeswoman Hela Sheth said in a statement.

The teen, who visiting the park with a church group from Springfield, South Carolina, was decapitated, she said.

It was unclear how fast the outside-looping coaster was moving when it struck the teen, but according to the park's Web site, the ride reaches speeds of 50 mph.

"We do not know why this person was intent on gaining access to this restricted area," the statement said, noting that multiple signs are posted stating, "Danger Zone," "Do Not Enter" and "Authorized Personnel Only." Video Watch a park patron describe the scene

"Some witnesses have stated that the individual was trying to retrieve something he had lost," Sheth said. "Others reported that he was trying to touch the ride. This is merely speculation at this point, and we are working with park visitors and local police to learn more."

No one on the ride was injured, she said.

Police said the incident occurred about 2 p.m. The ride was closed Saturday, but park officials said they expected it to reopen Monday.

The victim's family was at the park with him, Sheth said, and park representatives were with them Saturday evening.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family," she said.

Cobb County police spokesman Dana Pierce said officers would continue to investigate the incident, but "all indications are that the park had done everything they could to maintain a safe environment." Video Watch how day at amusement park turns into a tragedy

In May 2002, a worker was killed after he walked under the Batman roller coaster's track and was struck in the head by a passenger's leg, according to The Associated Press. After the incident, the ride was inspected and deemed safe by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration, AP reported.
advertisement

In June, a girl's feet were cut off when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky.

A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the Superman Tower of Power, a police dispatcher said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/28/theme.park.fatality/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

*shudders*

He was an idiot for going into the restricted area anyway. Apparently he thought God was looking out for hm.

duckula
30-06-2008, 04:35 PM
That boy died of stupid.

Kelsey
30-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah that was pretty dumb of him. We have a Six Flaggs near us, and my friends and I used to go all the time. There was always that dumb person trying to stretch the limits (though luckily never that far). Anyways, Ducky said it best: he died of stupid.

apoggy
30-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Charles Darwin would be proud

Mandy
01-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Personally, I love the Batman ride.

I haven't been to Six Flags in years, are there any new rides?

Kelsey
01-07-2008, 05:17 AM
I don't know. Do they all have the same rides? The newest one for us is called Medusa. I like Six Flags, but prefer Great America (or Disneyland).

hasselbrad
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
The thinning of the herd continues.
I saw his grand-ma-ma on the TV talking about what a "good boy" he was and how he "never looked for no trouble".
Maybe he should've kept a sharper look out for trouble, because when you're stupid trouble has a way of finding you.

Speaking of thinning the herd (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun/29/motorcyclist-killed-i-75-wreck/?imw=Y), shitheads on motorcycles have been doing a great job of applying Darwin's (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6874283&version=12&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1) principles as of late in the Tampa Bay area.

luis
01-07-2008, 04:52 PM
sick
i know i dont go in that thing :dontknowa

hasselbrad
01-07-2008, 05:35 PM
sick
i know i dont go in that thing :dontknowa

Why not? You won't get decapitated as long as you are strapped into your seat.

The situational irony of losing one's head... literally... over a lost hat is almost more delicious than I can stand.

duckula
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM
The only thing more delicious than irony is foie gras, and that's only because you can taste the suffering.

luis
02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
what`s foie gras?
if i know that i understand you

duckula
02-07-2008, 12:46 PM
The liver of duck or goose that has been force fed which leads to a massively engorged, fatty liver. Which as it turns out, is delicious.

Digital_Ice
02-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Which as it turns out, is delicious.

That's a matter of opinion. I can't stand the stuff.

luis
02-07-2008, 01:28 PM
that`s the most dirty thing i ever heard

duckula
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
That's a matter of opinion. I can't stand the stuff.

It is a matter of opinion and yours is the wrong.