PDA

View Full Version : Now Playing

Josher
25-07-2004, 06:36 PM
What are you listening to right now? I am listening to "Killing In The Name Of" - Rage Against The Machine. Best band everrrrr!

CFC
25-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin

KeirazBabe
25-07-2004, 06:43 PM
"Where you want to be" - Darren Hayes

acliff
25-07-2004, 06:46 PM
"Sunburn" - Muse
and just before that:
"Tell her tonight" - Franz Ferdinand

Richard
25-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Losing My Religion - REM

Spire
25-07-2004, 06:59 PM
"Fuse" - Yasunori Mitsuda

DragonRat
25-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Alright, I guess I'll post this entire playlist, considering it's set on random:

1) Beatles - Here, There And Everywhere
2) Bonnie McKee - Somebody
3) Chantal Kreviazuk - In This Life
4) Coldplay - The Scientist
5) Counting Crows - Colorblind
6) David Gray - This Year's Love
7) Dido - Here With Me
8) Faye Wong - Hong Dou (Red Bean)
9) Hoobastank - The Reason
10) Jay Chou - Hui Dao Guo Qu (Return To The Past)
11) Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
12) Mandalay - Not Seventeen
13) Oasis - Wonderwall
14) Rivermaya - Balisong
15) Shirley Kwan - Once In A Lifetime/Love Is Forever
16) Snow Patrol - Run
17) The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
18) Travis - Writing To Reach You
19) U2 - With Or Without You
20) Yellowcard - Cigarette

ChocolateMoose
25-07-2004, 07:53 PM
The Blood Brothers Soundtrack (1995 London cast) - I love it! :D

Sarah
25-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Kill Bill Volume 2 soundtrack

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 10:59 PM
I thought after seeing "About A Boy", a movie in which a rap song was featured (Shake Ya Ass - By: Mystikal) that people in Europe listened to rap as well. Is there no rap in England?

Jacoby
25-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Are you joking?

Edit: Rap's a virus....It may have been carried over to England on the fur of mice or something. But yeah they have it there..50 cents did a tour there sponsoring their knock-off NASCAR event.

Spire
25-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Rap sucks. It will die a horrible, painful death.

CFC
25-07-2004, 11:25 PM

I agree and I hope it does, but sadly I think it will stick around.

Kelsey
25-07-2004, 11:28 PM

I saw that when I was in London not really knowing what it was about or what to expect, and loved it. It has great music.
At this very moment, I am listening to "Pieces of Me" by Ashlee Simpson. Hate her, love the song.

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 11:29 PM
I can admit that lots of rap is crap, but I still seem to listen to it. There is some rap artists that can truly be considered as musical innovators. For instance, the unorthodox style of Rahzel, or the poetic lyrics of Rakim. Some rappers are also the best businessmen in music. The fact that most of the music isn't of a very high quality is true, but there are many persons who it relates to greatly.

Spire
25-07-2004, 11:30 PM
I agree and I hope it does, but sadly I think it will stick around.

It's already happening, the transition back to rock is occuring, albeit slowly. Rap will always exist, but it won't be nearly so popular in the future.

frodo1511
26-07-2004, 12:16 AM
The entire Maroon 5 CD- Songs about Jane

ChocolateMoose
26-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Rap sucks.

With you on that one. I really don't like it at all!

Narg
26-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Frenzal Rhomb - Were going out tonight.

DragonRat
26-07-2004, 12:24 AM

I actually found the musical very satisfying. And the music is top-notch. Too bad it's a West End-only musical; it would definitely be a hit on Broadway and off-Broadway.

ChocolateMoose
26-07-2004, 12:29 AM
I actually found the musical very satisfying. And the music is top-notch. Too bad it's a West End-only musical; it would definitely be a hit on Broadway and off-Broadway.

Yeah. Its great! Been around for ages (since 1988....!) and I only saw it a few weeks ago, lol. I was very impressed! The story is so touching, and the songs are fantastic!

Now listening to a collection of rock classics which are playing in random order from my computer. At the moment it is 'Poison' by Alice Cooper :)

alby
27-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers - My Friends.

Doubt that will happen.

KRev
27-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Keira's commentary track on POTC. Pure symphony...

spitinthacoola
27-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Thor is Like Immortal - The F***ing Champs

Kelsey
27-07-2004, 08:04 AM
The "Annie" soundtrack...I don't think it's left my CD player since I was 7. :/

deviljet88
27-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Muse - House of the Rising Sun.

hasselbrad
27-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Cream...the BBC Recordings CD
Beastie Boys...Paul's Boutique
Violent Femmes...Add It Up - 1981-1993
Ben Kwellar (thanks Jacoby)

frontier219
30-07-2004, 08:23 PM
3 CD Multichanger - Jet - Rare Tracks
- Jet - Get Born
- Oasis - What's the Story (Morning Glory)

Jet are an aussie band, (I'm English) and they did one of the Vodafone ads, they're also bloody good.

Renegade
30-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Franz Ferdinand-Franz Ferdinand
Black Eyed Peas-Elephunk

alby
03-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Rap's a virus....It may have been carried over to England on the fur of mice or something. But yeah they have it there..50 cents did a tour there sponsoring their knock-off NASCAR event.

German and French rap are hilarious to listen to. They'll bring tears of joy to your eyes. :icon_lol:

Right now, to name a few:

Eagles - Hotel California
Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven
Aimee Mann - It's Not
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze
REM - Losing My Religion
Eminem - Sing for the Moment
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss

Richard
03-08-2004, 05:57 AM
REM - Losing My Religion
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss

It's so nice to finally meet someone who listens to Pearl Jam's "Last Kiss". I thought I was the only one. Have you listened to the original 60's version?

I too was listening to REM's "Losing My Religion", you can find my response to that somewhere above, it's probably on the next page.

Dyce_Blue
03-08-2004, 06:53 AM
It's so nice to finally meet someone who listens to Pearl Jam's "Last Kiss". I thought I was the only one. Have you listened to the original 60's version?

I too was listening to REM's "Losing My Religion", you can find my response to that somewhere above, it's probably on the next page.

That Pearl Jam song is good, but wasn't it just the lead singer, not the whole band?

REM is good too, I have got the new greatest hits around here somewhere...

My Playlist:

Hoobastank - Same Direction
T.I. - Let's Get Away
Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
Matchbox 20 - Bent
Foreigner - Double Vision
plus,
Rocky IV Soundtrack,
and
the new Petey Pablo CD...

mufiman
03-08-2004, 07:08 AM
ill put my the first 20 of my random playlist

1) Fuck the World -the vines
2)The Sprawl- Sonic Youth
3)How do you?-radiohead
4)Come on Home-franz ferdinand
5)Fillip-Muse
6)Breed-nirvana
7)Hangwire-the pixies
8)Abra Cadaver-the hives
9)London Calling-the clash
10)Pitiful-blindside
11)Angry Nerd Rock-the ataris
12)Trouble-coldplay
13)Southern Girl-incubus
14)Chump-green day
15)smoke two joints-sublime
16)Ashes of American Flags-wilco
17)The Authority Song-jimmy eat world
18)say it aint so-weezer
19)Somewhere Only We Know-keane
20)Understatement-New found glory

Jacoby
03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
ill put my the first 20 of my random playlist

16)Ashes of American Flags-wilco

*applauds* I'm impressed. Nice list. Wilco is great though. I've been listening to their song 'Radio Cure'.

Hazzle
04-08-2004, 12:06 AM
I always knew Mufi had taste.

alby
04-08-2004, 02:18 AM

Pearl Jam is good, at least I think.

I've listened to the 1960s version by Frank Wilson. Funny that you should bring that up because a couple of my friends were arguing about which version is better last weekend. I'm more partial to the remake though.

Right now:

Metallica - Unforgiven II

Richard
04-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Pearl Jam is good, at least I think.

I've listened to the 1960s version by Frank Wilson. Funny that you should bring that up because a couple of my friends were arguing about which version is better last weekend. I'm more partial to the remake though.

Oh, so you know J. Frank Wilson And The Cavaliers. I gotta say, you're the first person in my life that I've talked to or even met that's knows who they are.

That whole debate about which version is better... believe me, I've thought hard enough myself. I'm vintage, all the way, I've always been. So the original still owns me, but no doubt... I still have Pearl Jam's single for Last Kiss in my collection. I like it a lot, it's a very good remake.

alby
04-08-2004, 04:37 AM
Oh, so you know J. Frank Wilson And The Cavaliers. I gotta say, you're the first person in my life that I've talked to or even met that's knows who they are.

That whole debate about which version is better... believe me, I've thought hard enough myself. I'm vintage, all the way, I've always been. So the original still owns me, but no doubt... I still have Pearl Jam's single for Last Kiss in my collection. I like it a lot, it's a very good remake.

Haha. I'd say you're the seventh person.

It depends on the song. I like Don McLean's American Pie better than Madonna's remake of it.

Right now:

Moby - Porcelain
Beethoven - Pathetique Sonata

DefyingGravity
04-08-2004, 05:32 AM
I'm not listening to anything. I'm watching Underworld.

hasselbrad
04-08-2004, 12:37 PM
It depends on the song. I like Don McLean's American Pie better than Madonna's remake of it.

Boy, am I glad I've only heard her remake once. And, thankfully, not all the way through. That was one of the worst remakes I've ever heard.
That said, I'd like to punch Fred Durst square in the face for what he did to Behind Blue Eyes. Dude...not only are you a horrible rapper, who can't think of a word to rhyme with "here", but you can't sing. That is one of my favorite songs, and he just ruined it. I can't hear the original without hearing him try to screech out those lyrics.
Y'all are right about Pearl Jam's version. I think it works because they were faithful to the original. That's the problem with most remakes. Some new hack with no artistic credibility tries to take something that was perfect to begin with and just fucks it up.
That said, I really liked the Lemonhead's remake of Mrs. Robinson and, help me out here...I'm drawing a blank...the remake of You'll Be a Woman Soon that was used in Pulp Fiction. Shit! Getting old is rough. They're from Chicago...I can see the band, but I can't remember the name. Must...have...coffee...now!

Richard
04-08-2004, 07:01 PM

That said, I really liked the Lemonhead's remake of Mrs. Robinson and, help me out here...I'm drawing a blank...the remake of You'll Be a Woman Soon that was used in Pulp Fiction. Shit! Getting old is rough. They're from Chicago...I can see the band, but I can't remember the name. Must...have...coffee...now!

There's a remake to Mrs. Robinson? Such a brilliant song that should have remained untouched, but I'll take your word for it. I'm looking out for that.

I can't think of the name of the artist that re-made "You'll Be A Woman Soon", but the one used in Pulp Fiction is much better than Neil Diamond's version. As for Don McLean's American Pie... yes, as you all said before, Madonna ain't got nothing on that song. She left out some of the best parts. Plus, it's somewhat dedicated to my favorite artist of all-time Buddy Holly.

Always a pleasure.

DefyingGravity
04-08-2004, 07:04 PM

Boy, am I glad I've only heard her remake once. And, thankfully, not all the way through. That was one of the worst remakes I've ever heard.
That said, I'd like to punch Fred Durst square in the face for what he did to Behind Blue Eyes. Dude...not only are you a horrible rapper, who can't think of a word to rhyme with "here", but you can't sing. That is one of my favorite songs, and he just ruined it. I can't hear the original without hearing him try to screech out those lyrics

Oh God. I was so pissed when I heard Fred's version. He is an insult to The Who. :mad:

flipgurl
04-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Midtown - Give It Up

hasselbrad
04-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Urge Overkill!
I knew some coffee would help. Urge Overkill from Chicago. God, I feel so much better now. The remake of Mrs. Robinson was by the Lemonheads. Came out in the early '90s. I used to have the CD, but it gone stolen with the rest. They speed it up a bit, but it's not as blasphemous as what Fred Durst did.

Spire
04-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Megaman 2 - Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Old school rules.

keiracaleb
05-08-2004, 08:54 AM
my keira film soundtrack i made meself, took me ages mind, and i need to wait for my king arthur soundtrack to arrive, but i have songs from potc, the hole, bilb, and love actually. right now it's on we luv u by grand theft auto and i'm banging me head RAWK ON! lol

DefyingGravity
05-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Dancing With Myself-Billy Idol

DragonRat
05-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Just started to listen to more of Travis' "The Invisible Band". "Flowers in the Window"... 'tis a most classy song, along with "The Humpty Dumpty Love Song".

Hazzle
05-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Arrr...Flowers in the Window is a classic.

At the moment I'm listening to Nimrod by Green Day, or rather to be specific...Good Riddance...what a song...

frodo1511
05-08-2004, 09:35 PM
At the moment- "Burning Bright" by Shinedown, "Love Song" by 311, "Stupid Girl" by Cold, "Cold" by Crossfade", and "She will be Loved" by Maroon 5.

deviljet88
06-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees, before Red Hot Chili Peppers - Save the Population. Live album out by Chili Peppers yay!

keira_lover
06-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Mystic Roots. Best reggae band since Bob Marley.

44th member of Keira Knightley's Posse

DefyingGravity
06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever-SonicFlood

MarkOB
06-08-2004, 07:35 PM
If you want an honest answer, I'm listening to the noise of my breathing, as well as the whir of my computer, and I can, from time to time, hear the bell of my cat's collar.

Hazzle
10-08-2004, 02:59 AM
Embrace "Gravity" is being played a fair bit...written by Chris Martin...it's beautiful.

marry rich people
03-10-2004, 07:02 PM
If you're talking about rap that's played on the radio I mostly agree with you, but there is such better rap out there that actually has good music and talks about things that matter but nobody gives it chance because they think it'll suck. "Real" rap deserves more credit.

Anyway, at this very moment I'm listening to Bloc Party- Banquet.

ralfusius
04-10-2004, 09:25 AM
before: call on me - eric prydz
now: elevation - u2
after that: break my stride -blue lagoon

Scott
04-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Silverchair-Freakshow
Metallica-Ride the Lightning
Metallica-...And Justice For All
Metallica-Master of Puppets
Audioslave-Audioslave
Pantera-Vulgar Display of Power
AC/DC-Stiff Upper Lip
Opeth-Blackwater Park
Megadeth-Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?
Rage Against the Machine-The Battle for Los Angeles

Jacoby
04-10-2004, 06:39 PM
What is it with Aussies and death metal?

I've been listening to the new Interpol CD, some Nick Drake, Devendra Banhart, Shins, the radiodept., and a few others. If you care about what I just said, raise your hand.

Also: The Notwist "One with the Freaks" and some Walkmen. Word.

frodo1511
04-10-2004, 09:17 PM
I do like the new slipknot song on the Resident Evil: Apocalypse soundtrack, very cool.

Louie
04-10-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm listening to:

Cam'ron - Get 'em Girl
Trick Daddy - Represent
2Pac - Shed So Many Tears

Spire
04-10-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm listening to:

The Moon & The Prince
Gin & Tonic & Red Red Roses
Angel Gifts
Que Sera Sera
Fugue #7777

All from the Katamari Damacy soundtrack and all genius.

Richard
05-10-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm listening to:

It Hurts To Be In Love - Gene Pitney
I Only Want To Be With You - Dusty Springfeild
Lonely Teenager - Dion & The Belmonts
Obstacle 1 & Slow Hands - Interpol (Courtesy to... what's his face.)

Mags
05-10-2004, 01:15 AM
I've been in a bit of an Elliott Smith mood the past few days. Other than that, I've been listening to Frou Frou and the Garden State soundtrack a lot. Then some Travis, some Air, and as always, Jackopierce.

CFC
05-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Catch 22

seventhson
05-10-2004, 02:08 AM
I'm litening to:

Revolving, relentless chatter in my mind about how she no longer loves me.

:-( SeventhSon )-:

Scott
05-10-2004, 05:17 AM
What is it with Aussies and death metal?

None of the stuff I listed is death metal. It's all rock/hard rock

The Black Rider
05-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Right now, it's Van Morrison's "Everyone." Lately, I've been mostly listening to music by Michael Nyman, Frank Zappa, The Fall, Cream, and The Fugs.

hasselbrad
05-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Right now, it's Van Morrison's "Everyone." Lately, I've been mostly listening to music by Michael Nyman, Frank Zappa, The Fall, Cream, and The Fugs.

Which Cream disc are you listening to? I've managed to get my seven year old daughter interested in Cream.

Jacoby
05-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I've managed to get my seven year old daughter interested in Cream.

Hmm, what else have I been listening to? Why am I asking myself questions? Oh dear. Badly Drawn Boy and Rufus Wainwright.

Jasper
06-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Same old shiz...

NOFX
The Getup Kids
Cursive
Alkaline Trio
The Faint
Bright Eyes

... I need more moosik :icon_err:

Liam
06-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Before: Muse - Muscle Museum
Now: Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow
Next: Slayer - Threshold

peach
06-10-2004, 08:12 PM
At the moment, Rachel Stevens Breath In Breath Out, now changing to Girls Aloud The Show