PDA

View Full Version : King Lear - Keira to play Cordelia

KnightleyNews
19-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Keira has signed to play Cordelia in a $35m production of King Lear. She is one of three daughters of the King (to be played by Sir Anthony Hopkins). Gwyneth Paltrow is in discussions to play her sister Regan.

More details here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1987321/Keira-Knightley-to-star-in-film-of-King-Lear.html

Paul

keiraRules
19-05-2008, 11:32 PM
is says $35 million to make the film not $5 million

or is that what keira gets for the film (she deseveres every penny if so)

kingdumbass
20-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Ah, that's good to know....
5 million would be one cheap-ass production.

hasselbrad
20-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Wow... Paul is a "mover and shaker"... he added thirty million dollars to Keira's latest project.
;)

Ranman
20-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Paul is just trying to score some points with Keira, Maybe she'll blow him a kiss while he's camped in her back yard.

Surprize
27-05-2008, 02:36 PM
New disappointment for andrey92.

andrey92
02-06-2008, 09:13 AM
i have never dissapointed from her films, i like she, so every film is good, so, kineg leur comes from very old times and this film wouldn be continue to atonement, so, i like, she comes back to ing arthurs time

keiraRules
09-06-2008, 08:54 PM
question?
is this going to be spoken in Shakespearean like Romeo & Juliet was like cause i might find it hard to understand but still it should be good if it is, might be hard for keira to speak like that i wouldn't know what i would be saying at all if that was me can't read normal english well as it is :lol:

andrey92
10-06-2008, 07:24 AM
if this film really will have text like in hamlet, than this will be great innovation for keira and great challenge too. mel gibson did it, good, and we all know how high level he have. now keira can try in this way. but i think that film was with normal text, not with poem text, because that film is very hard to make for everybody from actors to producers, but those film have very high value.

I Luv Keira
12-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Keiraweb's Youtube account is still suspended, don't think its ever gonna get unblocked. Has Paul got a new account for youtube or sumthin, or can someone recommend an existing channel on youtube dedicated to Keira as a replacement for Keiraweb account.

Ian
25-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I can't believe how many films Keira's made! She must be constantly working!

Mandy
25-06-2008, 07:31 PM
ZZZZZZZZZ.....

Wake me up when she's done playing old characters.

kingdumbass
26-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Indeed....
Although I will admit one thing about the King Lear project: it has a great overall cast.

Ranman
26-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I hate to admit it but I'm with Mandy on this one. Why not do a romantic comedy or a sci-fi that makes you poop your pants.

hasselbrad
27-06-2008, 12:51 AM
The $35 million film was announced at the Cannes Film Festival and will feature epic battle sequences, according to its makers.

That's all I need to want to see it.

Porcelain_Doll
27-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Shakespeare + Keira Knightley + Anthony Hopkins + Historical gowns and settings = me wants to see it.

simple enough :p

|airforceone|
27-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Shakespeare + Keira Knightley + Anthony Hopkins + Historical gowns and settings = me wants to see it.

simple enough :p

That's the spirit! Except for maybe the Shakespeare part. =]

luis
02-07-2008, 12:22 PM
who te hell is that

Surprize
02-07-2008, 01:20 PM
a famous actress (I don't like her)

Who else except Keira do you know?

luis
02-07-2008, 01:35 PM
much actress

more you can count in 2 minutes

Surprize
02-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't understand the language you talk. Let's stop. I have a heart, that's why I don't want to spoil the thread. So stop.

luis
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
it means understand you

ok i stop

Digital_Ice
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
*re-rails topic*

The rumour is actually that Naomi Watts will be the third sister Goneril, alongside Keira as Cordiela.

luis
03-07-2008, 08:18 AM
ok i understand
but is this news8:

keiraRules
05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
this is great news :D
the film looks like its going to be BIG great cast looks like this must be popular in the film buisness to get all the lead female characters played by oscar nomitied/winning actresses its a very star studded cast and they said you would see some other big name stars in the flim playing smaller parts :D
keira would be VERY VERY VERY!!! stuiped not to do this film

yes she does old films but there not all the same there all in different time periods others actresses that don't do time periods films are ALWAYS doing flim in nowadays time ALWAYS THE SAME how come you never morn at them atlease keira changes to different years in each her films which some never do yet people don't morn at them at all, Cameron Daiz ALWAYS do the same Rom-Coms films how come she doesn't get slatted for it.
its not about keira always doing old films its about how good of a script it is when she gets offered one if keira turned this down it would be the biggest mistake shes made cause with the big cast like this she would've been easierly replaced and for what? so she can look at other films that are nowadays times yes, and are a totally crappy lame script,

Kate Winslet got the same thing when she was keira's age she always did old time films but then she came across a great script called "Eternal Sunshine of the spotlessmind" and really wanted to be apart of the great film she got the part and a oscar nomition (should've won really hillary swank wasn't as good as kate in her film) and now dictors can see kates great in a wide range of films and offer her parts in nowadays movies that are also great films too. i think that might happen to keira one day

Keira lover
31-07-2008, 03:24 AM
question?
is this going to be spoken in Shakespearean like Romeo & Juliet was like cause i might find it hard to understand but still it should be good if it is, might be hard for keira to speak like that i wouldn't know what i would be saying at all if that was me can't read normal english well as it is :lol:

Shakespearean is not a language. Romeo and Juliet, as were all of Shakespeare's plays, were written so the general public of the time could understand it, albeit with some of Shakespeare's own little touches. The plays were written in English. That said, I do not know if the film will be in modern English or if it will be following the original play.

TheAnswerMVP2001
15-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Supposedly Naomi Watts is in this too? Looking forward to that if it's true.

Mijo
17-08-2008, 12:48 AM
According to the internet movie database it is true.

The film seems to have a stellar cast...I'm just a little confused as to why the guy who wrote and directed 'swing vote' is directing the project...Kenneth Branagh, please?

BTW-To Duckula--this is my last post--I'm heeding your advice and trying harder to--well actually--I'm just leaving.

It has been fun KKW, best wishes.

leti12
23-08-2008, 09:06 AM
i love king lear this story!
i like keira to play cordelia!!

artsydoll
21-10-2008, 03:40 AM
can't wait to seee it

Keira lover
22-10-2008, 12:23 AM
when does it come out