PDA

View Full Version : Nargis makes Katrina look like a...

hasselbrad
07-05-2008, 08:53 PM
... summer rainstorm.
I am appalled at the way the country formerly known as Prin... I mean Burma has handled, or more appropriately, failed to handle the situation. Strangely though, I don't see near the outrage as I did after Katrina.
Given the fact that there may be 100,000 dead and who knows how many more will perish if the government doesn't allow relief aid, how many people would support a military action by the U.N. to remove the current government?

michael22
09-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Now it is called myenamar :P
But yeah the fallout of Nargis was poorly handled. What do you expect by a semi-facist country that has been comitting genocide and covering up everything they have been doing. They naturaly felt fear that letting aid into the country meant letting in soldiers which could end in a coup.( who can blame them look at Iraq) I would support the coup for many reasons but I cannot on moral grounds that the replacing government might do it only for their country's interest. Katrina is still causing problems though and should not be dismissed offhand. Be wary of the talks of coups for it could be mirrored right back at the bush adminisration (damn elections taking weight out of my point).

deviljet88
10-05-2008, 12:34 PM
how many people would support a military action by the U.N. to remove the current government?
I thought everyone gets pussy whipped by the mention of "Chinese-support."