PDA

View Full Version : No one else knows about this

Dyce_Blue
24-07-2004, 10:32 PM
I have been writing a script for the past 3 weeks. I have completed about 40 pages of it, converting into approximately 50 minutes of footage. The premise is a little simple and formulaic, but the execution is definitely good. As expected, I have written the female lead character to be played by Keira Knightley. In fact, I refer to her in the script as FEMALE (KNIGHTLEY). She plays a girl who has moved from Wales to Houston, and becomes my love interest. The movie follows my trials and tribulations (which actually happened) in basketball.

I started writing the script in the hopes of meeting Keira Knightley, and few know about it until now. The thread about the BEST DREAM EVER gave me the idea of telling you. If you want to read what I have now, you can PM me. But I'm a little reluctant out of fear that someone may take it. It is not yet a protected document

If I were to describe the movie, it would be: Rocky meets White Men Can't Jump meets the OC meets beautiful Keira Knightley. I'm really optimistic about the outcome when it is all done.

Narg
25-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Sounds interesting, i wouldn't mind having a read :)

aim
25-07-2004, 03:34 AM
sounds really intresting!!!!!!!!!!! i hope u can actually meet keira and make that movie and keira is gonna be in it!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :) :icon_popc :fencing:

Hazzle
25-07-2004, 03:38 AM
But I'm a little reluctant out of fear that someone may take it. It is not yet a protected document

It is if you're writing it, anything you've written is copyrighted already...it's copyright from the moment of being fixed in a permanent form.

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 03:43 AM
What if I were to send someone a copy of it through email, and they finish it. They then send it to a production company and get a hollywood contract.

They then get Keira Knightley in the movie and my idea is completely stolen. Can this happen?

Hazzle
25-07-2004, 04:04 AM
What if I were to send someone a copy of it through email, and they finish it. They then send it to a production company and get a hollywood contract.

They then get Keira Knightley in the movie and my idea is completely stolen. Can this happen?

In practice? Quite likely it could happen...but if they used a substantial part of what you've written already in their script (or copied it entirely, which in your example I'd say sounds more likely) you could still always sue them and get an injunction against the script's use.

That said, suing people is expensive...so do be careful with the script. All I'm saying is it's no more protected when it's finished than it is now...just that you may have an agent or whatever to help you go about defending your rights if ripped off.

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the pointers. It seems like we are the only ones left on this site for the time being.

Hazzle
25-07-2004, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the pointers. It seems like we are the only ones left on this site for the time being.

Np, always willing to be of service. If you like, I wouldn't mind looking over the script...and no...I won't steal it ;) I write myself so I appreciate the work it takes.

Ack! That reminds me I was supposed to look up the position of internet photographs and attribution for Ducky...as it relates to that shoot that had to be taken down...ack! Will do when I remember :icon_redf

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 05:23 AM
I have spent a lot of time and effort on this script. It takes about half an hour to write a little more than a page. Wow! I hope this works out.

Kelsey
25-07-2004, 06:22 AM
Copyright it with WGA West. They have an agency in Texas.

Guido
25-07-2004, 12:53 PM
the script sounds great :D.. wishing you a lot of luck with the rest of it.. :D

Hazzle
25-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Copyright it with WGA West. They have an agency in Texas.

Should register it with the union, yeah, as they'll help you protect your copyright...just to clarify though, it's already copyrighted ;) Copyrighted from moment of creation, no formalities required...just that having a union/agent to help you fight your battles is bloody helpful. Good advice Kels...union'll sue on your behalf if someone rips you off :)

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 04:26 PM
How much does something like that cost?

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 06:56 PM
I have successfully completed 16 scenes of my movie. It is getting really exciting. I'm closing in on the first hour of film.

Spire
25-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Does your script include a monkey knife fight? Because it should.

:fencing:

Richard
25-07-2004, 07:15 PM
I once knew a girl at my school who took film class, and for her final she had to do a short ten-minute movie. Turns out it was stick figures. There was actually no requirements, but stick figures! I have no hope for people like that. Your movie better not be like that, I think you have more sense than her.

The students laughed her ass out of the room. Best week ever.

Off-topic, I'm sorry.

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Does your script include a monkey knife fight? Because it should.

Do you think Keira can hold her own against a chimp?

Spire
25-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Heck yeah, she'd tear that monkey into little strips and cook his ass.

apoggy
25-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Topic lads, topic

Kelsey
25-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Um...maybe I'm just dumb, but what the hell does "copyrighted from moment of creation" mean? If he sends his script to me right at this very moment, I finish it, and sell it for $3 million in a bidding war to Universal with my name on it, he couldn't do a thing about it. And no one will care anyways except him. I have my 3 million, my agent has their cut of it, and the studio has a killer script. By not having it copyrighted with WGA, he has no proof that he wrote it first. And also, these days, it's very unlikely that an agent, actor, reader, executive, etc. will read a script that does not have the WGA stamp on it, unless it's a personal favor. As for how much it will cost, the last time I copyrighted a script with the WGA, it cost me $50.00.

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 11:21 PM
To get back on topic, there are no monkeys in the movie. Actually, there are no animals. I guess this makes it easy to prove the "No Animals Were Hurt In The Making Of This Film" statement.

PS: I started scene 17 earlier today.

Hazzle
26-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Um...maybe I'm just dumb, but what the hell does "copyrighted from moment of creation" mean? If he sends his script to me right at this very moment, I finish it, and sell it for $3 million in a bidding war to Universal with my name on it, he couldn't do a thing about it.

Sure he could. It's his script, he owns the copyright, you've infringed it.

And no one will care anyways except him.

That was my point...whilst in theory his rights ARE protected, in practice they're hard to actually enforce.

I have my 3 million, my agent has their cut of it, and the studio has a killer script. By not having it copyrighted with WGA, he has no proof that he wrote it first.

That's the thing. You can't "copyright" it with the WGA...as copyright under the US copyright act attaches from the moment of creation. The fact it's registered with the WGA simply aids enforcement of his right. And he may have other proof he wrote it first, and that would be enough. Also I think any judge with half a brain would work out who wrote it first. See if you'd written it and he'd just taken the beginning bit (as he'd have an unfinished one, you the finished one) that'd be a bit of a waste of time. Whereas if he had the unfinished and you took it and finished it, that makes more sense logically speaking...and when it's your word against his that's all that matters. When all's said and done, your registration with the WGA is nothing more than a boost in your evidence...it no more "proves" you wrote it first than his word does, it just adds to your word. Y'see it could then be raised against him why he didn't register it, but his simple response could be it was unfinished ;).

Oh, and if he could prove he wrote it first, even if it wasn't copyright, it'd be breach of confidence :).

And also, these days, it's very unlikely that an agent, actor, reader, executive, etc. will read a script that does not have the WGA stamp on it, unless it's a personal favor.

Aye, like I said, it's a good idea to register it with the WGA (note I said register, not copyright, as it's copyright already, registering the copyright merely helps the evidentiary standard, it doesn't MAKE something that isn't copyrighted copyright protected all of a sudden)...I was just making a technical point to let him know he WAS protected. And I sincerely hope I'm not wrong or I'm failing my masters in International and Comparative Copyright as the US is part of my study ;)

(PS: This is VERY off-topic, so if you're still unclear, just raise it in PMs or IMs, or IRC or whatever...I'd be perfectly happy to discuss this, should I have time, but this is starting to veer a little off of the specific topic at hand)

Oh...and one last thing mate...you should listen to Kels in terms of registering it...it can't hurt...but wait til you've finished it (and in the meantime just be careful with it...it is protected but it's not unheard of for people to still get ripped off).

Kelsey
26-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Here are more details and clarification (with thanks to Joan and Lydia Wilen, authors of "How to Sell Your Screenplay"):

Upon completing your screenplay, register it with WGA West, *and* register a copyright with Library of Congress Copyright Office. When you register your script with WGA, you're provided with a dated record of your claim to authorship or a particular literary property. If a legal or official Guild action is initiated, the WGA will retrieve the material as evidence. Without it, you're screwed. NOTE: Also, be aware that while the WGA protects work, it *does not* protect titles. Nor can you copyright ideas or a concept.

As for copyright:
Copyright is a form of protection that is provided by the laws of the United States for "original words of authorship." Proving authorship, however, is the hard part. Registering the copyright establishes a public record for the copyright claim. Before an infringement suit may be filed in court, registration is necessary for works of U.S. origin.

Now that I understand, Haz was correct in saying that your work is automatically protected from the moment of it's creation. *However*, register for a copyright of your screenplay, because it will be hard to prove that the script was entirely yours otherwise. Better to be safe than sorry.

To register for a copyright of your screenplay, you must complete a PA application form, which is for "published and unpublished dramatic works for the performing arts, including scripts." You can request a PA form by calling the Copyright Office's Forms and Publications Hotline. Be aware, that it took seven months for them to process my application and mail me the certificate of registration for one of my screenplays. They receive more than 600,000 applications annually. But the copyright registration is effective on the date that all the required elements - form, fee, and script - are recieved.

Once your screenplay is registered at the WGA or at the U.S. Copyright Office (I do both), then you may put the Notice of Copyright (that would be the little 'c' in the circle) on your script.

So, although your work *is* technically protected as Haz pointed out, register your work and your copyright so you can get the little copyright sign. It's not hard and I promise you it'll be worth it.

Dyce_Blue
26-07-2004, 01:29 AM
I really appreciate all of the help, but what kind of total cost am I looking at for this effort?

Kelsey
26-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Shouldn't cost you more than $50.00 (since you are a non-member). If you don't plan on attempting to sell your screenplay, then I would just register your script with WGA. It'll save you money and a little effort. The only thing you would be missing is the little copyright c, but you can always register for a copyright should you decide to try and sell it at a later time.

Hazzle
26-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Now that I understand, Haz was correct in saying that your work is automatically protected from the moment of it's creation. *However*, register for a copyright of your screenplay, because it will be hard to prove that the script was entirely yours otherwise. Better to be safe than sorry.

Aye...as I said...I agree it's best to register to be safe...also I didn't know this "Copyright is a form of protection that is provided by the laws of the United States for "original words of authorship." Proving authorship, however, is the hard part. Registering the copyright establishes a public record for the copyright claim. Before an infringement suit may be filed in court, registration is necessary for works of U.S. origin."

That last sentence is curious...I shall raise it with my professor as the US is a Berne signatory and that strikes me as a formality, which Berne outlaws...I'm sure the US has come up with a clever way to get out of yet another Berne obligation...the US copyright act is full of ways to get out of Berne :D But thanks for that, learn something new every day. It's curious and I shall raise it with my professor out of interest...I think it's probably not considered a formality as it's a rule of procedure not substance...lawyers!

Once your screenplay is registered at the WGA or at the U.S. Copyright Office (I do both), then you may put the Notice of Copyright (that would be the little 'c' in the circle) on your script.

Really? As far as I'm aware the (c) is entitled to be put on any work that satisfies the copyright act...but again I'm sure this is yet another clever way to disguise a formality as not a formality. Unless of course this information comes from an out-of-date guide as I think the US didn't sign up to Berne until very recently.

So, although your work *is* technically protected as Haz pointed out, register your work and your copyright so you can get the little copyright sign. It's not hard and I promise you it'll be worth it.

<nods> Sound advice :) :eek: Me and Kelsey agreeing?! :icon_surp

Dyce_Blue
26-07-2004, 11:39 PM
This morning at 2:30 AM, I finished scene 18 of my movie. It is now 60 pages in 12 pt. Courier font. I would say it is just past the halfway mark.

Dyce_Blue
16-08-2004, 02:56 AM
I added 6 scenes to the movie while I was in El Paso. The story is now coming together quite nicely. I think it is 17,000 words right now. 79 pages on 12 pt. courier font.

Kelsey
17-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Awesome...just a few more pages to go. Well, 21-40 more pages to go. Keep it up and good luck :)

Keyser_so_so
22-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a cool mix, good luck man!

frodo1511
22-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Hey dyce, when your done with the script, could you post it/ make a link for us to read it? Your story sounds cool, and inquiring minds want to know :icon_mod:

to me you are perfect
22-08-2004, 04:32 PM
this sounds really interesting. i write myself so i know how satisfying it can be.
you've had loads of advice on copywrite but i just thought id add my peice:

you could try what they call the "poor mans copywrite". before you email, pm or send anyone a copy send yourself one! put a printed copy in an envelope adressed to yourself. when you get it back in the post it will have been stamped with the date. if anyone tries to steal it you can prove that it is yours because you have a dated document

Kelsey
22-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Heh, that's how I copyrighted my catch phrase...

Although that is a method of copyright, in the world of screenwriting, I highly recommend doing it through WGA.

Dyce_Blue
22-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone...

About the script, once finished, I will put together a select group to whom I will send a personal copy. I must truly trust these people with what is turning out to be my life's work. It is really a tough choice that I have only begun to contemplate.

About the movie itself, I find myself at a crossroads. I must now choose an event to lead up to the climax. One event actually happened to me, and the other is only about 1/2 fact. This really jeopardizes the "Based on a True Story" subtitle for the movie. I will continue deliberating, but for now the jury is still out.

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Heh, that's how I copyrighted my catch phrase...

Although that is a method of copyright, in the world of screenwriting, I highly recommend doing it through WGA.

Aye, especially as the defence of independent creation could always be used...copyright doesn't mean once one person has created something noone else can, just that they can't copy directly from the other source...independent creation, even if it's the exact same thing, is always a defence...doesn't always work, and that's where having a union like the WGA on side helps tons as I'm sure they provide legal advice in the event you believe one of your copyrights has been infringed.

frodo1511
22-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone...

About the script, once finished, I will put together a select group to whom I will send a personal copy. I must truly trust these people with what is turning out to be my life's work. It is really a tough choice that I have only begun to contemplate.

Sound's like a plan. I think that, from what you've said dyce, that the story is going preety good, but a question arose: If, this becomes a movie, what type of rating will you give it? From what you've said dyce, I'm guessing a PG-13 rating, but I could be wrong.

Dyce_Blue
23-08-2004, 02:28 AM
Oh yeah, I'm definitely shooting for PG-13, all of the recent hits have had that rating and it definitely reaches a wider audience.

There is really nothing in the movie that could warrant an R rating except for language, which I am keeping to a minimum. A couple of "shit"s and "damn"s used in the dialogue will probably keep it from PG though. It is actually better off that way. I wouldn't want to go see a PG movie.

CONCLUSION: PG-13 or bust...

Hazzle
23-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Man's clearly given this some thought...gg.

Dyce_Blue
23-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Alas, we have lost Hazzle once again. I guess now I may have to choose his substitute in the group to which I will divulge my script...

frodo1511
23-08-2004, 09:42 PM
gg with the rating, dyce. It will reach out to a wider audience with the PG-13 rating, plus, like you said, many of today's big hits are of the above mentioned rating.

Dyce_Blue
26-08-2004, 01:20 AM
How far does the subtitle "Based on a True Story" really go?

frodo1511
26-08-2004, 11:17 PM
depends: It went so-so for Miracle, but better with Pearl Harbor.

Dyce_Blue
26-08-2004, 11:30 PM
No, I mean how far can it be stretched before it's not true anymore...

I'll say that 50% of my movie actually happened to me exactly as it is written. Another 25% happened, but certain times and details were altered.

Is it still based on a true story?

keira_lover
27-08-2004, 07:22 AM
as long as the story centers around something that actually happened then yes you can get away with saying it is based on a true story, no matter how much bs you throw into it.

Dyce_Blue
09-09-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm aiming for Halloween to complete the script. I've come to a tough decision regarding the rising action and climax...

The Black Rider
09-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Sounds interesting. Wouldn't mind taking a gander at it.

I'm constantly starting screenplays but I rarely finish them. Most of the time I stop caring and scratch the idea. So you should be admired for sticking with it for so long.

I have another suggestion, since everyone else seems to have one: register with Zoetrope. It's a production company started by Francis Ford Coppola, and you can post your own screenplays on their web site and hopefully some producer or studio exec will take the bait. It's a long shot, but they do have a history of greenlit screenplays. You can go to the web site here. (http://www.zoetrope.com)

Dyce_Blue
21-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Writer's block is killing me!!!

I'm trying to come up with genuine emotions for this thing, but whatever I get sounds like it should be on the WB...

This is not crap 7th Heaven: the movie, or anything...

Jacoby
21-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Writer's block is killing me!!!

I'm trying to come up with genuine emotions for this thing, but whatever I get sounds like it should be on the WB...

This is not crap 7th Heaven: the movie, or anything...

Find something that inspires you to write well... Whenever I feel like my writing is shit, I have 3 glasses of Merlot. It helps my work a lot, actually..Ren knows. But seriously, find something that gives you inspiration. Do it, if it's legal, and then come back to your computer.

Dyce_Blue
21-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I just don't want my masterpiece to end up being some kind of "7th summereverjackbobbywoodlandhillgirls" crap

hasselbrad
22-09-2004, 08:58 PM
So I get liquored up and kill people. Kidding.
I find that watching some movies that are similar to what you are writing helps. I've been watching Kill Bill V.1&2, Pulp Fiction, Reservior Dogs and Boondock Saints. Sometimes it helps. Gets me into the mindset.
Drinking helps. Other, more illicit activities help as well.
Or, you could write something that's completely unrelated. Sometimes shifting into a completely different gear frees up the parking brake and lets you get rolling.

Dyce_Blue
26-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Scene 23 is done. Writer's block has seemed to have left me now. Wish me luck...

frodo1511
26-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Good luck, dyce. All of us are anxioulsy waiting to read the final product.

Dyce_Blue
12-10-2004, 04:08 PM
:dontknowa

DELAYED

:dontknowa

keiracaleb
13-10-2004, 08:57 AM
when you get writers block, just leave it for about half an hour, go lye down, read or watch t.v or do something that relaxes you, then go back to the script and carry on writing, i like writing scripts and books and so on and have completed a few, many of which i have thought are complete and utter shit, but there is one that i am fond of, that one gave me the most writers block i have ever had (even in my english SAT's and i got writers block then because i was panicky). I understand what you say about the trust thing, i let one of my friends read my first ever script i wrote and then she took it to our english teacher and said it was hers, needless to say i fell out with her and we have since lost contact because trust was broken and she was kind of a bitch too. Good luck with the rest of the filming and writing, you must be really serious about it, i congratulate you it takes alot of patience to write a script but it takes a hell of a lot more to make it into a film because then you have people who are not co-operating ans stuff like that. So i salute you, well done.

Dyce_Blue
19-10-2004, 05:15 PM
I need everyone's input on this one

There are two very important issues with my movie.

These don't affect the PG-13 rating in any way, but...

I: I have used the N-word twice in the script (of course, I wasn't the one saying it)

II: What about a King Arthur-esque love scene?

Please give me your opinions...

Spire
19-10-2004, 06:49 PM
I: The N word really isn't a big deal, depending on the context it's used in.

II: The love scene would be great, assuming it's not the climax of the movie.

frodo1511
19-10-2004, 09:43 PM
1. Dosent really matter to me, there's more controversial stuff out there.

2. Agreed with spire, put it in, but don't make it the climax of the movie.

Kelsey
20-10-2004, 12:10 AM
The writer has absolutely no say in the rating, so save yourself the trouble and write it like you want to write it...n word, sex scene, whatever.

dying to live
21-10-2004, 03:29 AM
sup dyce good luck!

1. Who doesnt say it? ( jp. ) meaning, not a big deal

2. not in climax like frodo and spire said

keep up with the good work

Dyce_Blue
21-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Scene 27 is done. The rising action is now rising some more.

I. I left the N-word

II. The "love" scene gets about as far as King Arthur's. Plus, I added some humor (humour) at the end.

Dyce_Blue
07-12-2004, 02:05 AM
I finally found the long lost 80s song that goes on my soundtrack. Now that I had it, I wrote the corresponding scene. It utilizes the slow motion effect in one part, and the lighting is similar to that of the nighttime dunking scene from "White Men Can't Jump" or Usher's "U Got it Bad" music video.

The song is "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty. The saxophone riff is crazy.

I hope it works out.

CollisionStar
07-12-2004, 02:40 AM
Dyce-
Two things:

1- I hope you're a decent writer, otherwise this whole thing will be a let down.
2- We live in the same city. I'm a writer (or self proclaimed "writer"). We should go be losers at some coffee shop so I can read your script so far.

Dyce_Blue
28-12-2004, 09:08 PM
I haven't been around lately. (stupid girl troubles) But I had time to make this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/dyce_blue/MoviePoster.jpg

Yes, that is Chicago in the background. At the time, I had no pic of Houston.

I'm about to make another one...

I added another scene to the script, its approaching the climax.

Dyce_Blue
30-12-2004, 08:36 PM
This is so illegal. These images obviously have copyrights on them, and then I stick my ugly mug on them...

...anyway, these are my masterpieces. I spent so much time on these three posters. But hey, I'm a triple threat. Writer, star, and advertiser of the upcoming movie "Cold as Ice".

Now I have shown Jacoby some posters I have done in the past, but this is the real deal...

And this is my teaser poster (I may have to clean this one up a little)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/dyce_blue/coldpost3.jpg

frodo1511
30-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Well, they capture the mood of the actors well, Dyce.
I think you need to put a teaser line in it or something, like "twelve is the new eleven"(obviously not a good choice). Other than that, great job, can't wait to see the finished work.

Renegade
30-12-2004, 08:45 PM
LMAO.

The 3rd one is hilarious. Good work. And get that script done buddy.

frodo1511
30-12-2004, 08:48 PM
And get that script done buddy.

Yeah, I've waited all summer to read it, all our patience is wearing thin...

Jacoby
30-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Now she's gotta be in your movie. I mean, you did take all that time to make those posters. :p

frodo1511
30-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Yeah, or you'll be hacked for false advertisement.
I hate false advertisement.

dying to live
30-12-2004, 09:17 PM
sup, its been awhile, nice stuff.
like frodo said, maybe a teaser would be good, make sure it has to do with what your dealing with. keep it up

Dyce_Blue
30-12-2004, 09:26 PM
At least I used picture of Houston in these...

713 for life!!!

frodo1511
30-12-2004, 09:34 PM
I would've laughed if you kept the Chicago poster, what with the movie being in Houston.

FooTM
31-12-2004, 12:07 AM
rifk this sounds like a laugh

frodo1511
31-12-2004, 03:11 AM
It better be good, dyce has put a lot of effort into this project, I'm expecting grade-A quality shit from him.

CollisionStar
04-01-2005, 03:14 AM
Excuse me- 281 for life! lol...Little H-Town humour there...

Get yer script done, boy!

Dyce_Blue
10-01-2005, 05:22 PM
This new movie from Paramount Pictures called "Coach Carter" features a middle-aged African American high school basketball coach. This is very similar to my Coach Wheeler. This is alright, because this man fits the description of most other high school basketball coaches.

The problem arises when you see the name of the female lead. Ashanti plays a character named Kyra (pronounced Keira). She is the girlfriend of one of the basketball players.

All of the sudden, my movie doesn't seem too original.

What I have to do now is polarize it from "Coach Carter".

When that movie glorifies high school basketball, I will have to parodize and point out its flaws. Coach Carter is classified as a drama.

Cold as Ice is a "comedy/drama", unless that's an oxymoron.

Mags
11-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Wow, a black basketball coach named Mr. Wheeler? You didn't happen to have a Coach Wheeler for American History did you Dyce?

You should put Mrs. Cole in it, as the inspiring, young, creative writing teacher.

and um...Mrs. Badeaux...just because.

Dyce_Blue
11-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Wow, a black basketball coach named Mr. Wheeler? You didn't happen to have a Coach Wheeler for American History did you Dyce?

You should put Mrs. Cole in it, as the inspiring, young, creative writing teacher.

and um...Mrs. Badeaux...just because.

Ms. Bateaux would fill up the entire screen. We can't have that happening. Wheeler was my coach, and I really want to get Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed from "Rocky") to play him.

Ms. Cole could make a cameo.

Hey mags, you know that "tunnel" that goes under Lamar to St. Johns? Does it really exist?

if it does, I could put it in a scene.

Mags
12-01-2005, 12:19 AM
I've only heard of its existence. I've never seen it or anything. And I don't think it goes from Lamar to St. Johns. I think it supposedly goes from the St. John's church side of Westheimer, across to the St. John's school side of Westheimer. Little rich kids can't be trusted to cross the street dontchya know.

Dyce_Blue
30-06-2005, 05:42 PM
After nearly finishing my movie, I realized that the last thing the world needs is an uplifting movie in the tradition of the Mighty Ducks.

The mere fact that I tried to tag the "Based on a True Story" subtitle on my movie is horrible. In the movie, I was supposed to hook up with Keira.

It's hard to write a "true" movie when you include such farces.

So I have decided to overhaul my movie.

Instead of "Cold as Ice", it will be called "Impulse".

Instead of showcasing the basketball scenes, they will be used as metaphors for what will happen later in the movie.

I'm also gonna try to examine issues such as fate and luck in a more classical sense because they play an important part in both the true story and the movie.

Just to spoil a little bit of the movie, Keira is gonna reject me...a lot.

...but what else would happen in a true story?

Gunner
14-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Ok, several things I want to say. First off, I assume that you are writing in the correct format (ya know, EXT. CAFE). Secondly, the character that Keira plays isn't actually going to be called Keira is she? Thirdly, as far as being the writer goes, you have no say in the casting of the film, and unless you are lucky you won't even get to discuss with the director who you think it should be. Also, as someone else that is attempting to break into the film industry when I leave school (I am currently writing screenplays in my spare time and doing outlines) would I be able to have a look at your script and make suggestions? I realize I'm new here so chances are you probably wouldn't trust me at this stage (which is understandable :)).

PS: Are you a Texans fan? Even though I'm from AU I'm a huge Texans fan :p and I try and keep up with the Rockets when I can ;)