PDA

View Full Version : Scarlett Jo to release album!

Mandy
25-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Johansson Sets Date For Waits Covers Disc

One of the more unusual albums to be conceived in recent years, actress Scarlett Johansson's interpretations of Tom Waits songs, will hit stores this spring.

"Anywhere I Lay My Head" will be released May 20 via Rhino Entertainment's Atco imprint. Johansson collaborated on the album with Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner, Celebration's Sean Antanaitis and TV On The Radio's Dave Sitek, who produced.

The track list sports 10 Waits covers and one original track, but full details have yet to be announced.

Johansson recorded the album over five weeks last spring at Dockside Studios in Maurice, La. Her prior music dalliances include singing the track "Summertime" for "Unexpected Dreams," a 2006 charity album featuring film stars, and a surprise appearance with the Jesus & Mary Chain at last year's Coachella festival.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003701662

Clip of her singing "Summertime."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F_yCFtFn24

I think she's incredible! I'm always skeptical when it comes to actresses turning over to singing (ahem, Jennifer Lopez), but Scarlett is really talented vocally.

Liam
25-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Much better than the usual tweeny-pop shite that her contemporaries put on CD. She can actually sing, which is a start.

I could listen to it, and like it, but it doesnt grab me musically. I like instruments too much.

JenR
25-01-2008, 07:15 AM
she's okay, not really my cup of tea, but i, too, am "skeptical"/ignorant when it comes to actresses singing (visa-versa). it sounds like she should have a French accent when she sings. lol

:edit:
not French. She sounds like those singers from the 20s or something.

Mandy
25-01-2008, 07:36 AM
I've listened to it about 15 times since I found it.

Really loving the music to it. I wonder what music she listens to or grew up to.

Ranman
25-01-2008, 07:40 AM
I don't see her going top 40 with her voice, but she would be a great Cabaret singer if the acting thing don't work out.

Harlequin
25-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Great thread!

Big enough fan of ScarJo's movies/look to buy the CD.

Oh, that voice...

Jacoby
25-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I think I love Tom Waits too much to give this album a fair shot.

hasselbrad
25-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow...I had no idea. I like her version of Summertime.

Kelsey
27-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Aww...I love Scarlett...

Better than most who try to dabble in other fields. I'll buy/download it. Of course, that coming from the person who actually paid thirteen dollars for Paris Hilton's debut album.