PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Rapture...

frodo1511
06-01-2008, 04:46 AM
Discussion of Bioshock.

I just beat the game for the 360...I'd go so far as to say it's the most perfect game I've played since Zelda:OoT. Fun, scary as shit, depressing, adrenaline pumping, and incredibly thought-provoking and brain scratching.

kingdumbass
06-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Indeed....
Along with Mario Galaxy, Bioshock is the best game I played in 2007.

Liam
06-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Reinstalling it now.

Got myself a Core2Duo E6850 to go with my 8800GTX now, should be an entirely new experience. I was blown away first time, looking forward to doing it again.

frodo1511
06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Liam, do you know how much better looking the game will be on your rig? I played it on 720p (along with CoD4), and both looked breathtaking, but seeing as how you've got the rig from God, it could everything to shame.

Digital_Ice
06-01-2008, 05:00 PM
...you've got the rig from God...

pfft.

Liam
06-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Nah, Ice has the rig from God. Only it never works, and mine does :P

I'm running it maxed out at 1680x1050 and I'm yet to see it dip below 80 FPS. It looks amazing. Crysis arguably looks better but Bioshock is a game and not a glorified tech demo.

frodo1511
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
pfft.

Excuse my heresy.

I played the game with the framerate unlocked, so it ran at 60 for the vast majority of the game. Around the 2 inch line from the top of my TV, however, you could definitely see the game clipping to keep up with the framerate. It didn't bother me at all-after playing CoD4, I need every FPS to run at 60+ fps.

Liam, you ever get scared while playing the game? I played most of the game while "walking", due to me being freaked out by the amazing ambient sound and the shadows that danced along the walls. That and when I got the shotgun for the first time.

Digital_Ice
06-01-2008, 09:57 PM
heh, my pfft is 'cause my machine has a Core 2 quad qx6700, and two 8800 gtx's :p

and liam, it's working perfectly now.

Leonie
06-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Liam, you ever get scared while playing the game? I played most of the game while "walking", due to me being freaked out by the amazing ambient sound and the shadows that danced along the walls. That and when I got the shotgun for the first time.

He doesn't. He just sits there and laughs, and goes "whoa" occasionally. I, on the other hand, had to leave the room. Just hearing that game freaks me out.

frodo1511
07-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Quick Story:

After going through Sander Cohen's level in Ft. Frolic, when the "frozen" splicers started coming to life, I decided to get a drink of water. This was at 3am...I open my door, run right into my father who was getting a drink as well. My "HOLY SHIT!!!" woke up the neighbors.

Creepy fucking game, but so addictive.

michael22
07-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes it is quite awesome, I just wish it had more replay value. Oh how I love the tommy gun dearly :)

frodo1511
07-01-2008, 02:45 PM
When I got the crossbow, that and the shotgun were all I really used (hacked all the turrets and cameras and machines)...until I faced the Big Daddies, then everything in my arsenal was used unless their were exploding barrels around.

GoPre
17-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Yes it is quite awesome, I just wish it had more replay value. Oh how I love the tommy gun dearly :)

I'm with ya on the replay value part. The game is way to linear, theres not enough options and variety to really ake playing it again exciting and interesting. Honestly, I think this game could be alot cooler as an rpg. You come to rapture and immediately must find somewhere safe to go, while searching you are discovered by someone and they take you to one of the many safe houses in rapture. Through the rest of the game you work with the pockets of resistance fighters throughout rapture to bring down ryan. It would be a great premise for an rpg, and Bioshocks' great environment would make for lots of sick quests.

frodo1511
17-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Meh, I need to play it at least once more-missed 5 achievements my first playthrough.