PDA

View Full Version : The New Year - 2008

hasselbrad
02-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm not one for resolutions, but I do have a few things that I definitely want to accomplish in the year that is 2008.

Sell my first screenplay
Finish at least two more screenplays
Get a passport
Travel to Europe (Paris, London, etc.)
Get married
Buy a house in Anniston and finally move

So...what do you plan on doing in 2008?

Leonie
02-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Aww! You're getting married!

I don't really dare to set any goals for myself right now. I need to get this MA first, and then I'll work out what to do from there.

Foeni
02-01-2008, 05:55 PM
I want to buy my own apartment instead of living in my parents' house. But considering it'll cost me about $350,000 I need to be pretty damn sure what I buy is right for me.

hasselbrad
02-01-2008, 06:50 PM
I want to buy my own apartment instead of living in my parents' house. But considering it'll cost me about $350,000 I need to be pretty damn sure what I buy is right for me.

$350,000? 8:

Foeni
02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah, for an apartment on around 70 m2.
Well, maybe a little less. But definately more than $300,000 - I may not spend 350k.

Leonie
02-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to rent a while longer? I think most people your (my?) age can't really afford to buy an appartment yet.

That said, good luck!

Foeni
02-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I can afford it, what I'm thinking about is if I want to. I would have to cut some expenses, like buying as much clothes as I do now and these things. Prices on homes are low these days, the longer I wait, the more expensive they're likely to become. Also, the sooner I get a place of my own, I can start making money off it (in increased value).

And yes, we're practically the same age. I think you're like a year younger than me or so. I'm almost 22.

hasselbrad
02-01-2008, 09:35 PM
What does $300,000 buy you in Copenhagen?

Leonie
02-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Wow, you're so organised, Foeni!

Good luck finding a place you like, then :) And I suppose, if it turns out you don't love it as much as you thought you would, you could always sell, make some money and try again :)

Foeni
02-01-2008, 09:40 PM
What does $300,000 buy you in Copenhagen?
In Copenhagen itself? Not very much. At least not if you want to live in the center of Copenhagen. I live around 30 km away and $300,000 would almost buy me this apartment (which I'd like), but I'd have to try and get the seller to lower his price in order to not just be able to afford it. https://www.home.dk/sag/107-3606

Wow, you're so organised, Foeni!

Good luck finding a place you like, then And I suppose, if it turns out you don't love it as much as you thought you would, you could always sell, make some money and try again
Well, theoretically I could, but it costs loads of money selling and buying an apartment. Not just the apartment, but the costs of buying and selling are huge.

hasselbrad
02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
In Copenhagen itself? Not very much. At least not if you want to live in the center of Copenhagen. I live around 30 km away and $300,000 would almost buy me this apartment (which I'd like), but I'd have to try and get the seller to lower his price in order to not just be able to afford it. https://www.home.dk/sag/107-3606

Holy fucking shit!

$300,000 goes a bit further here. (http://www.calhouncountyidx.com/search_results.php?site_id=675&class_id=1&Submit=Search+Properties&area=&bedrooms=&bathrooms=&price_range_low=&price_range_high=300000&sqft_min=&sqft_max=&street_name=&mls=&srt=&listing_count=10)

peach
02-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Get a drivers license.
Get a job at a new company.

Will see what happens.

Liam
02-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Stop eating junk and rubbish and get my killer figure back.

Jacoby
02-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Move to NYC
Fuck shit up oldschool
Write shit, and become a more famous screenwriter than Brad
Steal one of Brad's scripts and it'll be considered my serious film and I'll make shit loads off it, then Brad will sue me and get a lot of the royalties.
Start dating more/be less reserved

Kelsey
02-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Holy fucking shit!

$300,000 goes a bit further here. (http://www.calhouncountyidx.com/search_results.php?site_id=675&class_id=1&Submit=Search+Properties&area=&bedrooms=&bathrooms=&price_range_low=&price_range_high=300000&sqft_min=&sqft_max=&street_name=&mls=&srt=&listing_count=10)

In the San Francisco Bay Area, you cannot touch anything for $300'000. Maybe for 1 million...

My new years resolution is to be happier.

Ranman
02-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I am going to start to "Give A Shit"

Surprize
03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Nice thread.

I want to work, I want to get on the top this year. I want to dance, so I'll go in Quest Dance School. Finish my first book. I have a lot of plans and ideas.

rani
03-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, for an apartment on around 70 m2.
Well, maybe a little less. But definately more than $300,000 - I may not spend 350k.

That is quite interesting. I could have a house with $ 300,000. I made my quotation request for a home for my girl in California and it is $2.5 m. and i am working on it. hopefully to pay it in cash by mid year.

if anyone is interested to be in a good neighborhood please contact my broker Ms. Fisher thru: http://www.realtydirect.net/news/?PUB=16574

for myself i want a children foundation located in Africa.

and for keira, i want her to marry this year:) for there is someone who could take care of her personal needs and wants...

Leonie
03-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I am going to start to "Give A Shit"

You can take over for me then, because I have any plans, it's to stop giving a damn.

Katielondon
03-01-2008, 10:27 PM
to complete my move
to have a baby
to somehow manage to find and buy a '54 Strat that isnt in the hands of a Japanese businessman that leaves it on his wall to gather dust>:)

Porcelain_Doll
03-01-2008, 10:35 PM
you're getting married, Brad? Are we invited?

my list is sort of long...but probably pointless, because I've already written most of these things on my letter to myself (and I'm not supposed to touch it until I'm eighteen, it's how it works) and because my life tends to not listen to what I want and do whatever the fuck it wants, aka "destiny" or "fate" or "karma". Anyway:

- fully recover
- pass the bloody math exam
- pass the even bloodier English exam so I can rid myself of going to english classes and have a brain stroke out of pure boredom
- to not get constantly ill, hence not ruining my year, hence actually enjoying school
- get back to the gym (after recovering, right now I can't even lift the dryer for long after washing my hair)
- improve my writing skills and finish the several projects I've started to develop.
- read all those beautiful books I have sitting on my night table and haven't opened yet out of pure laziness
- Study and sit for the famous Proficiency exam so I'll have another official piece of brit paper saying I have a decent level of English
- learn hebrew