PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for The Duchess....

kingdumbass
26-12-2007, 10:20 PM
http://movies.aol.com/movie/the-duchess/32364/main

Yup....
There you go.

Leonie
26-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Hmmm. Not too convinced about the acting in the trailer, but perhaps that's got to do with the snip snap nature of it all.

It sure does look good.

kingdumbass
30-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much my view, as well....

Nell
01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I was quite disappointed when I saw this trailer to be honest.

I adore Keira and I have a huge thing for Ralph Fiennes and I was really excited about them being in a film together. It would be nice to see Ralph with someone half his age instead of twice his age for a change. My disappointment could have a lot to do with their lack of chemistry, at least in the trailer, but then again they're not supposed to have chemistry because they're unhappily married.

I thought it looked rather like your average period piece and I wasn't very intrigued by the characters, storyline or anything else. Let's hope it gets better the more footage we get to see.

peach
02-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree, it didn't make me want to see the film. Still like to go watch it. Seems better from reading what it is about.

Nell
04-01-2008, 11:55 AM
I know, that's what I thought. I was really insanely looking foreward to this film - and this trailer was just a big bummer to me.

But then again, to be fair; Ralph Fiennes choses his films carefully. He rarely misses, his films are usually cheered for by critics (okay, he slipped at Maid In Manhattan, but we're all alowed one second chance right?). Let's hope this time won't be different! His upcoming film In Bruges is already getting a lot of praise while during the filming the entire crew thought it would be crap... so maybe The Duchess will prove us wrong.

I just hope it isn't as much of a stereotype period piece as I think it is. And I just hope Keira and Ralph's scenes together aren't as awkward as they looked to me in the trailer.

Auri5
02-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I think tihis is going to be oone of the best Keiras movies :)

kingdumbass
03-03-2008, 03:39 AM
I've actually come to look forward to it a little, as well....
There's a moment in the trailer in which we see a slight sarcasm in Keira's facial expression. If her character has that kind of edge to her, then I'll be interested in seeing the film.

Mandy
03-03-2008, 04:00 AM
Hmm, I actually think it looks good. She reminds me of Elizabeth Swan's father in potc though with the hair.

Silv3r
06-03-2008, 08:30 AM
"We're sorry, the clip you're trying to play is not currently awaylable in your area."
mh ... hate that.

yunyrooster
06-03-2008, 10:39 PM
hi keiraa this is youness, yes it is jhonny who did this used the budist for the plots of the movies because of our connection, i want u to know that i'm healthy, and the verniskkies helped him do it

x.keirafan.x
13-03-2008, 11:02 PM
I love this trailer i've seen it so many times!

keiraRules
14-04-2008, 01:02 AM
wasn't this shot after "the Edge of love" cause on the ellen show she said she just finished shotting this film and the edge of love was shot way back in early 2007 just thought that would come out first but it probably is not always like that though but i hope to see both movies i think i might like the edge of love more but i think this will still be good :)

and for anyone that can't wath it in there country you can watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgqeI2DNYRI

Surprize
14-04-2008, 11:27 AM
and for anyone that can't wath it in there country you can watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgqeI2DNYRI
thanks, I just wanted to ask if anyone can give another site with a trailer

uscgirl
04-06-2008, 04:49 PM
The trailer may not be the best, but that doesn't mean the movie doesn't look fantastic.

I've read the book and it's a fascinating story that I really think will make a very fluid transition to the big screen. Georgiana is a PERFECT character for Keira, who we can all agree is the current Queen of the Period Piece.

And I agree, Ralph Fiennes doesn't take many bad roles. Plus, it's being put out by Paramount Vantage who gave us some of the best movies last year (No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, Into the Wild).

I'm definitely looking forward to it!!!

keiraRules
10-06-2008, 10:09 PM
there is a new different tralier i think is shows it better it actually looks quite good
second traliers are always better in moives hopefully they'll use this one for advertisment etc...
http://videos.sweet-keira.net/play.php?vid=128

Surprize
11-06-2008, 07:45 AM
there is a new different tralier i think is shows it better it actually looks quite good
second traliers are always better in moives hopefully they'll use this one for advertisment etc...
http://videos.sweet-keira.net/play.php?vid=128

This trailer is different. The first one wasn't so dramatic. I like the first most, but I was quite surprised waching this one. I want to see this movie more.

keiraRules
11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
yea i think the second tralier shows it much better it'll make people who see the tralier on T.V or in cinema etc... want to watch it and its premiring at the the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival now as well as Venice Film Festival which means it must be very good to show at to festivals :D

Keira lover
24-07-2008, 01:00 AM
i want to see it, but I doubt it will be playing anywhere within 50 miles.

leti12
23-08-2008, 09:17 AM
it must be a fantastic film!thanks for your trailer!

elisabethswann
25-08-2008, 03:43 PM
This film looks like it is going to be really good! I can't wait until it comes out.

Thanks so much for posting the trailer! :)

eelliiinn
25-08-2008, 04:49 PM
im sure its gonna be a great film, i love the trailer!

Ian
06-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, I saw The Duchess last night. It was a good film but I was left feeling very negative by the plot, in which the Duke of Devonshire was consistently horrible to the Duchess. I didn't like the modern dialogue either, given that it was a period film. It was very well acted by everybody, however, and the settings were great. Keira is in it virtually all the time, with some long lingering shots which give you the opportunity to take in how beautiful she really is. I felt really sorry for her character. Keira's eyes are so expressive and can speak a thousand words with just a glance or look. She is really suited to these period pieces, but I think she needs to be careful not to be typecast. Curly hair and big floppy hats really suit her though!

keiraRules
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
when i first heard about this flim i wasn't really really looking forward to it much but as little clips of the movie nd the traliers come out i can't wait to see it now it'll probably be better than i think it will actually, with the good reviews its getting and also they proably had to modernise it for the people viewing it yes the older people watching it might get it but a lot of the young teens that watch might find it to boring if it was done differently though so i understand why it might have modern dialogue.

As for the Duke of Devonshire beening horrible to the Duchess this is kinda a bio pic so maybe thats why the duke was horrible to the duchess a lot they proably got it from the book they basted the script on and woman didn't have many rights back then so men really was in control

but anyway i hope i really like it i loved edge of love and couldn't wait to see it but this i wasn't as much untill i was traliers and clips of it and the good reviews so i hope i come out of the cinema quite happy loving it more than i did.

ChrisN
08-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Has anyone seen this film yet?
What is it like from both a general period piece point of view, and as a fan of Keira?
I read a review which said it doesn't stay true to the bigraphy its based on, does this take anything away from the film?
Thanks in advance

jennyPV
08-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Keira looks gorgeous in the Duchess, and you all should definitely check it out!

If you haven't seen it yet, catch the trailer at www.theduchessmovie.com.

I haven't seen the flick as of now, but I have glanced at the script and her character sounds funky and full of life. I can't wait!

artsydoll
21-10-2008, 03:17 AM
I saw the movie a while ago. Keira was good in it and the costumes are beautiful

keiraRules
01-11-2008, 12:35 AM
i have never read much about this or the bigraphy befroe so i don't know if it runies it for history fans etc.. but i do known i it really good if you love period films and is a keira knightley fans as i think this is one of her best acting wise (personally i like her perfomance hear better than in pride and prejudice) so if you like keira WATCH IT as its good and it a good period film i not to great on these type of films but i still really liked this very much wayyy more then i thought i would.

oh and another think most of you already known keira has just been nomited for an BIFA award (her first award nomition for the duchess) but did anyone see who the Jury people are ;), what do you think keiras chances are :D :D :D

Simon Relph
Anne Marie Duff (James McAvoy's wife)
Tor Belfrage
Shaheen Baig
Xavier Marchand
Cat Villiers
Gina Carter
David Lawson
Abi Morgan
Paul Andrew Williams
Rankin
Joe Wright
Christopher Simpson
Mark Strong
Eva Birthistle
Col Needham

it says on the website rules: All nominated films will be viewed by the Jury. The winners will be decided by a secret ballot. In the case of a tie, a deciding vote will be cast by the Jury Chairperson.