PDA

View Full Version : Position on the site

Dyce_Blue
24-07-2004, 04:28 AM
Who are the big wigs around here, and how does one get such a status? I've noticed that there are certain icons for moderators and such. I wouldn't mind having a couple of those myself.

Glare
24-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Barrington, Apoggy are our gods.

Renegade
24-07-2004, 05:10 AM

Yes, bow down and kiss their feet...not their arses, suckups don't get anything :icon_bigg. If you want it, you have to earn it.

Jacoby
24-07-2004, 05:25 AM
Who are the big wigs around here, and how does one get such a status? I've noticed that there are certain icons for moderators and such. I wouldn't mind having a couple of those myself.

Just ask Duckula for his Chief Mod. position and tag.....I'd like to see his response.

Kelsey
24-07-2004, 07:36 AM
I used to be a moderator. Don't ask how I got it. :)

DragonRat
24-07-2004, 10:43 AM
You gotta kiss a lot of ass to get an icon. Or at least just one of the admin's.

apoggy
24-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Clicky Here (http://www.kkforums.com/showgroups.php?)

None of you cretins are worthy of 'an icon', unless of course it's a dunce's hat.

duckula
24-07-2004, 12:21 PM

Don't forget Liam.

Liam
24-07-2004, 01:11 PM
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why duckula is chief mod.

Well done sah.

Glare
24-07-2004, 01:25 PM
because I missed the name of an admin that has been dead for 8 weeks.

Liam
24-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Not dead, just comatose and being force fed through a tube.

I drink far too much.

keira loves lipgloss
24-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Yes, bow down and kiss their feet...not their arses, suckups don't get anything :icon_bigg. If you want it, you have to earn it.ha ha I DO NOT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fencing:

apoggy
24-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Lipgloss do you need tobe warned anymore about spamming?

Spire
24-07-2004, 03:53 PM
And the last rule of KKW Mod Club is...if it's your first night, you have to fight.

barrington
25-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Status is earned through merit-worthy participation in our community. It is never given for want of an icon.

apoggy
25-07-2004, 11:52 PM
My dunce icon idea was a winner i thought

ChocolateMoose
26-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Clicky Here (http://www.kkforums.com/showgroups.php?)

None of you cretins are worthy of 'an icon', unless of course it's a dunce's hat.

Hehehe, thats a good one! :icon_lol:

Hazzle
26-07-2004, 01:11 AM
My dunce icon idea was a winner i thought

It's genius...when do I get one? :p

Dyce_Blue
26-07-2004, 05:22 AM
During the past few weeks, I have been on this site in the hopes of landing the staff position as a writer. In order to do this, I have tried to start meaningful posts and then use my best judgement to keep them on topic. I have been in contact with several members of the message boards, including resident Bunny Boiler Hazzle. I have received valuable opinions toward my pending screenplay. Thanks to Hazzle, Kelsey, and others for this. I appreciate the responses about the copyright laws and possible agency prospects.

I now sit at a crossroads, writing my 100th post on this site. I have enjoyed myself so far, as I really haven't left the forums in about 3 days. The real reason I'm here is because Keira Knightley is my favorite actress, and like many of you the object of my affection. I am, though, a little embarassed of my lack of Keira posters as one can see from my post on the "Picture Time" thread. I did try to remedy this problem on my latest trip to the theater by attempting to swipe a King Arthur poster from the lobby of my neighborhood conglomerated megaplex. My plan did not succeed, but at least I now have the title of "Keira-Driven Hoodlum".

I have also enjoyed discussing various sports on the forums, including cycling and cricket. It is good to collect opinions from people in different cities and continents. I hope that my views of America as seen in the posts relating to racism and healthcare weren't too biased, I did not mean them to be such.

Over the past days, I have learned about "posh jewelry" from Asprey, nuances in soccer, and how to pick a correct title for a Star Wars movie. I started with questions, but I now have answers for many posts and threads. I have a newfound knowledge for the world across the pond.

As I have acclamated to the forums, I have learned to distinguish the difference between spam and meaningful posts. This post, for instance, is 100% pure, all-American SPAM (i just don't like the little green guy holding the sign). Having said this, I was wondering if maybe I could be considered for the staff position Appogy, I know you are busy looking through all sorts of responses. I could always write another if necessary.

I came here in the hopes of getting some feedback on my script (which is now past 40 pages in 10 pt. font, and is nearing the end of the 17th scene). I hope when I finish and all the precautions are in place that I can share it with the whole site. For now, I was just wondering if I could have the title "Keira-Driven Hoodlum". It suits me well. Plus, I have just as many posts as others with unique titles (except for Haz, who is nearing infinity).

:fencing: - This is Hazzle and I, fighting each other for newest post. At one point, I had all 6 new posts in the Keira and General boards. I turned my back for one minute, and Haz had taken them all back.

It has been fun. This is #100...

Kelsey
26-07-2004, 05:29 AM
...my script (which is now past 40 pages in 10 pt. font

12 pt. font...courier new... :icon_roll

Spire
26-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Hate to say it, but I don't think anyone really cares. And your post count doesn't make you any more special than anyone else. That's why they removed them from the posts.

Sarah
26-07-2004, 10:44 AM
I don't mean to offend you, but it would appear to me that you are just desperate to get a little icon, or look ''more important'' than everyone else here.

You've been here a matter of days, and you are looking for a 'position'. Why can't you be happy with the position you have, and enjoy your time here.

I don't understand why you are talking about your 'post count' or what you've done the past few days. There are people on these forums that have been here well over a year and have earned respect on the boards. All you are doing is making yourself look desperate. Chill down a bit and just enjoy yourself, stop looking for a 'position'. Everyone here is treated the same no matter what they are. Just ejoy yourself and stop making a case.

KeirazBabe
26-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Status is earned through merit-worthy participation in our community. It is never given for want of an icon.
Damn it *pouts* why is there not a 'kewlest' icon? tee hee :D :p

xXx

DragonRat
26-07-2004, 07:36 PM
There really is no race or competition for posting. If you insist, Haz will beat you to the ground in sheer number of posts. (He already has you beat several times over.) I don't even care how many posts I have; it's not important. What matters is the breadth and magnitude of influence and intelligence your posts undertake, and how willing you are to express your opinion thoroughly and mindfully.

You want a position? You have to earn it. Earn our respect and our admiration. Don't make an entire thread just about wanting to be an Officer or Moderator. It lacks tact, for one thing.

Dyce_Blue
26-07-2004, 07:39 PM
In the member list, it says that everyone has been here since June 2004 or later. Are there people that have been here for longer?

Oh yeah, that post was a little nostalgic. I thought #100 was something special. Guess not.

As for the title...I wasn't trying to up anyone on the site or steal their position. I just thought it might be cool to have "Keira-Driven Hoodlum" under my name.

Kelsey
26-07-2004, 07:55 PM
There was another KKW before this one. There are a lot of people here who just moved to this site from that one.