PDA

View Full Version : Die Drei L÷wen

hasselbrad
23-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Crouch up front by himself. The only guy on the planet who could consistently provide service for a lonely Crouch in Beckham, sitting in the dugout. Gerrard and Lampard together in midfield. An in form, but internationally untested Carson in goal...behind a patchwork defense, less Ferdinand and Terry. Barry out of position and Hargreaves on the bench.
All in a game that you needed at least a draw from, but given the fact that Russia were playing Andorra, you may have needed to win simply because the Russians could have made up the goal differential in that game.
Brilliant tactics.
So the FA finally realized what everyone's been saying and dumped that clown McClaren. Now what?
Lippi? Capello? Scolari? Mourinho? Hiddink?
There are a lot of managers available (or at least, would become available) out there right now. Will England go with a foreign manager or will they make another McClaren? Er...I mean mistake.
Jewell? Coppell? Allardyce? Redknapp?
Who do you want them to hire?
Will they make another McClaren and jeopardize qualification for 2010?

Porcelain_Doll
23-11-2007, 05:10 PM
....is it too bad that I didn't get a word of all that?

hasselbrad
26-11-2007, 01:55 PM
....is it too bad that I didn't get a word of all that?

Not at all.
I'm sure if you posted something about the characters in a Russian novel, I'd be all "huh?".
:p

Hazzle
29-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I think it SHOULD be Mourinho but despite his words I don't think he really wants it. He's too smart to take that poisoned chalice. My personal view is his positive words were designed to a) get job offers from clubs by showing he's in-demand and keen to work and b) keep English fans on-side should he join another English club.

My money's on him being at Liverpool sooner rather than later. Benitez has dug his own grave and if the Americans want to turn Liverpool into a championship winning side they need look no further than the example of Chelsea. Give Mourinho money and he WILL deliver.

Can't see any foreign manager wanting the job after what Sven got from the press. Also I suspect with Wenger apparently likely to have an influence on the selection Mourinho's unlikely to get his backing. Wenger's also always said he thinks England's manager should be English, and that's why he's said if he ever went into international football (and he's said he doesn't like the idea) it would be to manage France, nobody else.

Redknapp or Allardyce seem the most likely candidates and although I suspect Allardyce will be favourite I'd prefer Redknapp. He's certain to get Wenger's recommendation too, so there's a good chance it will be him.