PDA

View Full Version : hey

Christine
06-11-2007, 03:36 PM
hi! I'm new here and dutch (and a wannabe brit :p)
I hope someone can tell me how this works :icon_conf
i really like the website!
greetz :)

Hazzle
06-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Hello. We normally recommend people start their own welcome thread but it's no biggie. Judging from the name I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're female. In which case Leonie (our resident Dutch beauty, who happens to live in the UK now) is quite possibly your idol. Although she gave up her wannabe Brit-ness a long time ago in favour of wannabe Aussie-ness.

Digital_Ice
06-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Hello. We normally recommend people start their own welcome thread but it's no biggie.

*Ice works his (non-sexual) magic*

Ranman
06-11-2007, 08:14 PM
*Ice works his (non-sexual) magic*

I love you(in a non-sexual way)

Welcome Christine

Christine
07-11-2007, 07:51 AM
haha, thanks :P
yes i'm female, ever knew a man called Christine?
I want to live in the UK to8: love it:)

Btw. I'm going to see Atonement tonight!:D
Who of you has allready seen it? i just can't wait!

Leonie
07-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Heya Christine, welcome to KKW! I see Haz has been talking me up, so I'll leave the introduction and go with a "what he said." Anything he's come up with will sound better than the truth :P

Anyway, from one Dutch girl to another, hope you have fun on the forums! Whereabouts do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?

Hazzle
07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks Ice, that's precisely what I meant by "it's no biggie". Super Ice to the rescue.

Like Ran I love you. Except in my case it's totally sexual.

Anything I've said about Leonie is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Porcelain_Doll
07-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Anything I've said about Leonie is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

...you forgot "so help me God." (I have no idea what that means, by the way. Why do people say that?)

:p

Welcome, Christine! :)
I'm not a wannabe anything, just plain jealous of all you lucky first-world dwellers...count your blessings ;)

Hazzle
07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
...you forgot "so help me God." (I have no idea what that means, by the way. Why do people say that?)

It's the oath you take when you take the stand in court. At least it used to be.

Christine
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Heya Christine, welcome to KKW! I see Haz has been talking me up, so I'll leave the introduction and go with a "what he said." Anything he's come up with will sound better than the truth :P

Anyway, from one Dutch girl to another, hope you have fun on the forums! Whereabouts do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm from the north, some studip little town with farmers. really dull...
i was born as a city girl (if that's how you say it) in Amsterdam and hoping to study in London!

And where do you all live? inform me please, i feel so far away at the other side of the Canal! :P

Leonie
07-11-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm from the east, some stupid little town with farmers. Really dull too :D I like it more now that I'm away, though.

I'm currently studying in Nottingham, England. It's one of those "careful what you wish for" things. How many years till uni do you have to go?

Digital_Ice
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
so its either amsterdam... or stupid farmers?

Porcelain_Doll
07-11-2007, 10:16 PM
It's the oath you take when you take the stand in court. At least it used to be.

I knew that, I've seen enough lawyer movies :p
I'm just curious as to why the "so help me God" part. Why should God help you if you don't say the truth? He actually shouldn't, but he seems way to busy or asleep to actually give a shit, seeing as people have lied in court and nothing godly happened to them.

Ok, I'm way off topic now. Apologies.

you feel far away? I'm from Uruguay. I feel ya :p

Digital_Ice
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
its also the lyrics to a song by michael penn...

Monday
seventeen degrees
the shadows disappear
all around you dear
until it's loud and clear
isn't it the truth
the whole truth
nothing but the truth
so help me
the whole truth
nothing but the truth
so help me God

I'm the bad guy
waiting in the wings
and the key light hat
all my words fall flat
but I'm used to that
getting to the truth
the whole truth
nothing but the truth
so help me
the whole truth
nothing but the truth
so help me God

baby if you want to talk
I'll be there to listen
neither rain,
not hail nor sleet or snow
but Cahuenga is stop and go
this much I do know
all I want's the truth
the whole truth
nothing but the truth
so help me
thw whole truth
nothing but the truth
so help me God

Porcelain_Doll
07-11-2007, 11:06 PM
...you really need a cookie.

DanMan
08-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Welcome Christine. We dont get to see Atonement
until December 7th here in the States.
Hope you enjoy it. It looks like it will be a good one. ;)

Christine
08-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm from the east, some stupid little town with farmers. Really dull too :D I like it more now that I'm away, though.

I'm currently studying in Nottingham, England. It's one of those "careful what you wish for" things. How many years till uni do you have to go?

maybe i need a cookie to... :P
I have to wait almost two years...

Poor guys in the US! It was one of the most beautifull films i've seen (:
But it should fit you (is that correct?) because it's romance and drama. Don't know a lot of guys who like that in 1 film :P

Hazzle
08-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I knew that, I've seen enough lawyer movies :p
I'm just curious as to why the "so help me God" part. Why should God help you if you don't say the truth? He actually shouldn't, but he seems way to busy or asleep to actually give a shit, seeing as people have lied in court and nothing godly happened to them.

The oath says you swear to tell the truth. So the "So help me God" part refers to God helping you tell the truth. The phrase "So help me God" refers to God giving us strength to do the right thing.

Porcelain_Doll
08-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Ahhh. Thanks for the explanation.

Oh, don't feel bad about the Americans, at least they get to see the movie!!! I haven't seen as much of a preview, let alone a goddamn sign or billboard saying "coming soon" :'(

mehrdad368
09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Welcome.
Don't worry.It works automaticly.:D