PDA

View Full Version : The OC

Hazzle
23-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Well noone else started one so here ya go...a thread about the OC...I really am too lazy to comment myself yet, so I'll either come back and edit this one or post lower down, depending if I want to quote any of you lovely people.

Basically go crazy, discuss anything about the show you like...but no off-topic shit.

Thank you...enjoy :)

ryan
23-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Excellent show, excellent characters, I think. Can't wait for season two.

Didn't really like how the season ended, but it leaves season two wide open for a lot of changes, so that could be good.

I could go on and on, but I'll wait for someone else to post something and I'll just comment on it instead. :p

CFC
23-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Never seen it.

amishka
23-07-2004, 02:07 PM
its only just started in aust havent seen it on tv yet

Guido
23-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Have seen the first couple of episodes, but its off the TV now..caus the don't have any new episodes yet.. the lamers.... :icon_spam

apoggy
23-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Guido, spam again (I deleted the post) and you will be serving a three day ban, it is not clever and won't be tolerated on this forum

ryan
23-07-2004, 03:54 PM
its only just started in aust havent seen it on tv yet

its pretty good. give it a shot.

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 04:54 PM
For those who haven't seen it, I don't want to ruin the end of season 1, so don't read my post.
I think Anna may come back. Remember how in the first episode she was in, she said that she planned to go to Thailand. Seth sailed to Thailand!! It's a TV show so odds are they might find each other there. Personally I wouldn't want that to happen. Seth and Summer are cute together.
Another thing, Ryan has to come back from Chino. He has to. I hate Theresa.

duckula
23-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Tahiti, not Thailand.

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah. I wasn't thinking when I put down Thailand (of course they can't sail there).
So The O.C. is just starting in Australia?

acliff
23-07-2004, 06:13 PM
I think there have been a couple of episodes...
The series really picks up from episode 10. Better music, better scripts, less punchups just for the sake of it, more funny, more wit, and more Rachel Bilson.

Having watched all 27 episodes continuously in 1 1/2 days at uni, I can attest to the sheer entertainment factor. Bewarned, it can take over your life.

Guido
23-07-2004, 06:17 PM
I wasn't Spamming.....
ik just set that funny pic after nearly all of my messages....

Sry 4 the troubles :P

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Having watched all 27 episodes continuously in 1 1/2 days at uni, I can attest to the sheer entertainment factor. Bewarned, it can take over your life.
I know !! I'm obsessed. Did you tape the episodes or is season 1 out on DVD already?

ryan
23-07-2004, 06:27 PM
I know !! I'm obsessed. Did you tape the episodes or is season 1 out on DVD already?

They were available for download through some less-than-legal methods. The DVDs are not out yet.

acliff
23-07-2004, 06:36 PM
They were available for download through some less-than-legal methods. The DVDs are not out yet.

What he said. 10gb of the O.C. lying around on my computer, ready for times when I need a fix. The O.C. addiction/obsession can only be fixed by one thing.

Season 2. Hell yeah.

I reckon Anna will be back to screw things up, they'll be problems with Seth's parent's marriage, and Caleb is too good a support character to go to jail for going bankrupt. He'll find a way to stay.

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 06:38 PM
And I'm pretty sure the baby is not Ryan's but since Ryan is the guy he is, he'll help Theresa anyway... He can't live in Chino.

acliff
23-07-2004, 06:40 PM
And I'm pretty sure the baby is not Ryan's but since Ryan is the guy he is, he'll help Theresa anyway... He can't live in Chino.

Thats scriptwriters underestimating the population's intelligence for you. I think most people, considering the title, would expect that Ryan will be back to orange county :-P As a cliffhanger, twas a bit underwhelming. Although will be interesting to see how it pans out. Now the real shock was Caleb, and Seth.

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Yup. And I reckon Marissa will have a drinking problem... pretty obvious from the way things ended.

acliff
23-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Yup. And I reckon Marissa will have a drinking problem... pretty obvious from the way things ended.

17 year old girl with a drinking problem? Say it ain't so!
No doubt that will be a device used to spice up the scripts at various points during the next season. Hopefully they will add fantastic substories.
Like Oliver. Love him or hate him ( HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE) he completely owned the middle of the season.

Richard
23-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Like Oliver. Love him or hate him ( HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE) he completely owned the middle of the season.

That's a hate for me, because everybody hated him. I have yet to find somebody that actually liked him.

There's not really much I can say about this show right now, except that it was the only show I looked forward to last fall, and probably this fall as well. Luke, sadly as you all know, won't be returning for the next season. It's a shame really, the whole sleeping with Mrs. Cooper storyline was probably the best highlight of the show... that and of course just about any scene with Rachel Bilson. But seriously, does anyone else hope this show lasts just as long as 90210? I'm already sensing a similarity.

Seth Cohen by far, the best character on the show. (The best male that is.)

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 06:52 PM
I say there's a chance Chris Carmack might come back. Chances are slim though.
And Theresa will always be there to ruin Ryan's day.
BTW, I love the theme song. My brother was teaching me how to play it in guitar, but I suck.

Richard
23-07-2004, 06:55 PM
I say there's a chance Chris Carmack might come back. Chances are slim though.
And Theresa will always be there to ruin Ryan's day.
BTW, I love the theme song. My brother was teaching me how to play it in guitar, but I suck.

Yes, Phantom Planet's "California" is addicting, no lies.

acliff
23-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Seth is great, but he listens to emo. Whiny git :P
I liked Oliver in the fact that he was SO good at being hated. Wonderful acting by the guy. So good that the actor got death threats from girls and their boyfriends... probably a slight on said girl's intelligence, but it makes the point.

The music choices in the O.C. can be inspired.
Hallelujiah - Jeff Buckley
Dice - Finley Quaye
THAT song by the beastie boys (still stuck in my head)
Wonderwall - cover Bryan adams
California - Phantom Planet
Which is obviously going to be in a film called orange county :-P It would be rude not to.

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Music's great, as are the clothes. The whole show is better than Beverly Hills 90210 which was good at the beginning, but got really stupid towards the end.
I'm trying to remember the whole Caleb thing. I mean, he can pay his way out of jail, but does that mean that the restaurant goes back to Sandy and Jimmy?

Richard
23-07-2004, 07:08 PM
The whole show is better than Beverly Hills 90210 which was good at the beginning, but got really stupid towards the end.

I agree. Shows tend to use the best stuff they got early on in the first couple of seasons. Let's hope not for this one.

acliff
23-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Music's great, as are the clothes. The whole show is better than Beverly Hills 90210 which was good at the beginning, but got really stupid towards the end.
I'm trying to remember the whole Caleb thing. I mean, he can pay his way out of jail, but does that mean that the restaurant goes back to Sandy and Jimmy?

He can't pay his way out of jail, as his company which he owns outright has lost millions. The housing/construction side, which his daughter runs, being the only profitable devision of his company. Hence the restaurant thing, and the 300million which he lost was critical for him.

Clothes wise, I wonder how the wifebeater look would work for me :D

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 07:17 PM
He can't pay his way out of jail, as his company which he owns outright has lost millions. The housing/construction side, which his daughter runs, being the only profitable devision of his company. Hence the restaurant thing, and the 300million which he lost was critical for him.

Clothes wise, I wonder how the wifebeater look would work for me :D
Yeah, that's right. I remember now thinking about Julie's face when she found out.
Every guy should go through the wifebeater experience... it can be quite enlightening in its own way...

acliff
23-07-2004, 07:18 PM
When Julie finds out, I will laugh heartlessly.
Although as the character's are written well, you can't help but liking her in *some* respects, knowing that she did start off from rags, and doesn't want to go back. Which I can certainly understand.

I'll bulk up a little more before donning the vests I think. Not far off though...

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 07:26 PM
When Julie finds out, I will laugh heartlessly.
Although as the character's are written well, you can't help but liking her in *some* respects, knowing that she did start off from rags, and doesn't want to go back. Which I can certainly understand.

I'll bulk up a little more before donning the vests I think. Not far off though...
Yeah, but sadly I think we won't get to see that.
I expect we'll see more of Kaitlin, marissa's little sister.
I really hope Summer and Seth are still together, even if dear Anna shows up.
Most guys I know like Summer better than Marissa and Anna.

Dyce_Blue
23-07-2004, 07:28 PM
I watched the OC so much, that I used to use lines from the show at school without even knowing it. I taped most of the episodes, and have seen them at least twice. It was weird though when it first came out, because no one really liked it. By the end of the season, even the football team was watching.

When it comes back, expect to see a few new characters because bringing back Luke would just jumble up the story. His character got mighty unrealistic near the end of season 1.

To me, the show is more exciting because I look a lot like Ryan. :)

Pinkfairy
23-07-2004, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Dyce_Blue]I watched the OC so much, that I used to use lines from the show at school without even knowing it. I taped most of the episodes, and have seen them at least twice. It was weird though when it first came out, because no one really liked it. By the end of the season, even the football team was watching.

When it comes back, expect to see a few new characters because bringing back Luke would just jumble up the story. His character got mighty unrealistic near the end of season 1.
[QUOTE]
Funny. Some of my guys friends liked it because of the girls, others just called it The Old Crap.
Yeah, probably. Bringing new people is always tricky.

Kelsey
23-07-2004, 07:41 PM
In ten years I'm going to create a completely unoriginal show about a group of high school students in a rich Southern California town. Works every time.

I haven't attempted to get into the O.C., but my sister is obsessed.

Renegade
23-07-2004, 09:03 PM
The O.C. was probably the one show that I got addicted to last season. The characters are great, especially Summer...she's so freaking hot. Seth is the role-model for all nerds who strive to be cool. It just proves you can play videogames and read comics and have 2 hot girls around your arm at the same time. :)

acliff
23-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Seth is the role-model for all nerds who strive to be cool. It just proves you can play videogames and read comics and have 2 hot girls around your arm at the same time. :)

Gotta love artistic licence eh? :P

bryan
24-07-2004, 08:51 PM
It's kinda funny when the setting is places that I've been to.
I'm surprised to see that it's so popular all over the world. The people around here, actually living in the OC, either model their lives around it or hate it with passion because they think it's unrealistic.

Kelsey
25-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Yeah, my cousins live where the show takes place, but they're addicted to it along with everyone else. But then again, they are lucky enough to look like they belong on the show anyways.

bryan
25-07-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "they are lucky enough to look like they belong on the show anyways." Does this mean they're high school seniors that look like Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson, listen to emo, read comic books, play with toy horses, and have sex all the time while maintaining the highest level of drama possible?

Kelsey
25-07-2004, 01:00 AM
You know the real O.C, yes? Well people everywhere else only know it as the trendy, sexy beach town they see on TV. Is that what it's *really* like? You said yourself it's a bit unrealistic. Well, my cousins are all tall, blonde, and naturally gorgeous, married to Abercrombie & Fitch look-a-likes, with beautiful curly-haired kids. Kind of stereotypical, don't you think? Not everyone who lives in the real O.C. just magically fits the stereotype the show has created. They have, and I think of them as lucky for being able to do so. All I was saying.

bryan
25-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Ah, thank you for clearing that up. Well, "the OC" stretches beyond the borders of just Newport and the other beach communities where you really HAVE to be that rich to survive as it is in the show. People forget that there are still poor neighborhoods just twenty minutes away. Where I live is kind of in the middle, like the upper-midddle class I guess, and some people don't like to fit that stereotype. I dunno..this whole southern California sub-culture thing gets out of hand sometimes.

Ashlyn
25-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Ugh spoilers! Don't scare me like that! I had to close my eyes when scrolling down this page... We've only had The OC over here for about 5 or 6 weeks so I have no idea who half those characters are yet.
Anyway, I love this show. That's about all there is to say. Oh and I love Seth.

Hazzle
25-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Ugh spoilers! Don't scare me like that! I had to close my eyes when scrolling down this page... We've only had The OC over here for about 5 or 6 weeks so I have no idea who half those characters are yet.
Anyway, I love this show. That's about all there is to say. Oh and I love Seth.

Yeah, and E4 over here stopped the series at one point and look to restart it where they left off later in the year...spoilers have now threatened to ruinate my enjoyment of the series...you're all bastards :) WARN PEOPLE before you mention anything that MAY be a spoiler...especially as different people around the globe get the series at different times in different ways (Cliff, for example, downloaded it so has seen it all, I watched it on TV so I haven't).

And yes, Seth rocketh. Sandy's pretty cool too.

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 02:23 PM
The guy that plays Ryan (Ben McKenzie) is really 25, Chris Carmack (Luke) is 23, Adam Brody (Seth) is 21, the girl that plays Summer is 23, even though Marissa is really just 17.

I hope this wasn't a spoiler...

acliff
25-07-2004, 04:49 PM
The guy that plays Ryan (Ben McKenzie) is really 25, Chris Carmack (Luke) is 23, Adam Brody (Seth) is 21, the girl that plays Summer is 23, even though Marissa is really just 17.

I hope this wasn't a spoiler...

Actually the girl who plays Marissa (Mischa Barton) is 19.
Uncannily beautiful, but has no character. Which is why Rachel Bilson and the character Summer is hotter.

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I wonder how it would have turned out if they would have used real 16 yr olds on the OC.

KeirazBabe
25-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Uncannily beautiful, but has no character. Which is why Rachel Bilson and the character Summer is hotter.
Yar i agree.. i think Mischa is stunning..got a keiraness about her.. but summers character is funnier- "ewww".. love Anna :D aka samaire armstrong. she was in Hansons latest musica video *yay* lol

xXx

Dyce_Blue
25-07-2004, 05:05 PM
The best actor on the entire show is my boy Pete Gallagher. Anyone who can play the moustachioed villain in Mr. Deeds, and then become a dependable patriarch in a drama is #1 in my book.

Richard
25-07-2004, 06:59 PM

Are you sure about that? Various sources say she's 17... see I knew it was to good to be true, there are hardly any hot girls practically my age.

We all love Adam Brody, but at the same time we should all be trying to knock his teeth out. He got the girl on and off the screen.

The best actor on the entire show is my boy Pete Gallagher. Anyone who can play the moustachioed villain in Mr. Deeds, and then become a dependable patriarch in a drama is #1 in my book.

After this show I did start to take a liking into Mr. Gallagher myself. I specifically loved his hair from how it was during the first episode to now. Notice it. He's now inherited the Orange County do. Mr. Deeds... ah... House On Haunted Hill.

KeirazBabe
25-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Whos this guy? lol *blinks*

xXx

Kelsey
26-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Mischa Barton is 17, I remember because she's my age and because her part in Notting Hill could have been mine :)

Hazzle
26-07-2004, 12:53 AM
I saw this on three different sources:

Birthdate January 24, 1986
Birthplace London, England, UK

So that makes her technically 18 now...:D

Richard
26-07-2004, 01:47 AM
I saw this on three different sources:

Birthdate January 24, 1986
Birthplace London, England, UK

So that makes her technically 18 now...:D

Good enough, I'll be 17 in a few weeks. I'm dreaming but, a girl like that that's a year older than me... makes me feel a whole lot better about myself.

Ok... back to the OC. Does anyone have some input or future revelations on Seth's doing, when the season ended with him sailing off in the sunset? Nevermind, stupid question. It works well. But shouldn't we all be making fun of Adam Brody for portraying Greg Brady on the TV movie of the Brady Bunch? Did anyone know that? It was good a movie, but I couldn't refrain from laughing.

Hazzle
26-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Good enough, I'll be 17 in a few weeks. I'm dreaming but, a girl like that that's a year older than me... makes me feel a whole lot better about myself.

Ok... back to the OC. Does anyone have some input or future revelations on Seth's doing, when the season ended with him sailing off in the sunset? Nevermind, stupid question. It works well. But shouldn't we all be making fun of Adam Brody for portraying Greg Brady on the TV movie of the Brady Bunch? Did anyone know that? It was good a movie, but I couldn't refrain from laughing.

Oi...Mischa's my backup for if (shouldn't that be WHEN?!) Keira rejects me :p

Dyce_Blue
26-07-2004, 01:56 AM

Hey, your age difference with Mischa is the same as mine with Keira (I turn 18 in August). That is good for the confidence. :)

Pinkfairy
26-07-2004, 03:11 AM

Fuck, I had no idea!!! What a laugh!!! Now that I think about it, Adam indeed has the Brady hair.
Anyway, someone asked this earlier: Pete Gallagher plays Sandy, Seth's father.
And I can see why Mischa reminds some of Keira. They're both tall and thin. Actually, Mischa is an inch taller than Keira.
NEWS: According to E! News, Marissa will have a new love interest, and Donald Trump will make a cameo on an episode.

KeirazBabe
26-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Oooh okies Sandy. the dude with very big scary eyebrows...lol twas funny when they mentioned tem at end of episode and Sandy said somthing along lines of te bigger they are.. the more power he has..or sumat *scratches head* lol

xXx

Richard
26-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Fuck, I had no idea!!! What a laugh!!! Now that I think about it, Adam indeed has the Brady hair.
Anyway, someone asked this earlier: Pete Gallagher plays Sandy, Seth's father.
And I can see why Mischa reminds some of Keira. They're both tall and thin. Actually, Mischa is an inch taller than Keira.
NEWS: According to E! News, Marissa will have a new love interest, and Donald Trump will make a cameo on an episode.

Well, I'm for one kinda disspointed that Marissa gets a new love interest. For some reason, with Ryan around... he won't last. Let's be honest, Ryan & Marissa are like Dylan & Kelly from 90210, they'll fool around and they'll hate each other, then they'll end up marrying each other. It's gonna happen all over again.

The Donald Trump cameo I actually heard on E! News too, no doubt he'll be playing golf.

Dyce_Blue
26-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Those OC cameos are priceless. Remember the one with Paris Hilton as some kind of closet intellectual, that was obviously a departure from her real self. Maybe they can keep it up and make Donald Trump some type of vagabond beach bum. He would just have to take that brown possum off his head.

Richard
26-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Those OC cameos are priceless. Remember the one with Paris Hilton as some kind of closet intellectual, that was obviously a departure from her real self. Maybe they can keep it up and make Donald Trump some type of vagabond beach bum. He would just have to take that brown possum off his head.

True, and Colin Hanks who also starred in the motion picture Orange County.

Kelsey
27-07-2004, 12:21 AM
The one with Paris Hilton was the only episode I've ever watched. But I don't agree that that was a departure from her real self. She obviously doesn't go to grad school, but I doubt she's the idiot everyone makes her out to be. But I didn't post this to start anything about Paris Hilton - stay on topic.

Dyce_Blue
27-07-2004, 06:55 PM
I just saw the new commercial for the OC's next season. It is moving to Thursday night. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a certain other FOX drama appear on Thursday nights?

Richard
27-07-2004, 10:46 PM
I just saw the new commercial for the OC's next season. It is moving to Thursday night. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a certain other FOX drama appear on Thursday nights?

Most shows on any network tend to switch time-slots sooner or later. Perhaps that show you speak of, that was once on thursday night has now changed it's time or is now cancelled.

I'm guessing Tru Calling, but I highly doubt that show has been cancelled. From what I've heard, it did well during it's first run last fall. I'm assuming The OC will be on at 8:00 and Tru Calling on at 9:00.

Pinkfairy
07-08-2004, 11:12 PM
The O.C.'s first season will come out in DVD October 26 with a sneak peek of season 2.

Kelsey
08-08-2004, 12:14 AM
I hope Tru Calling wasn't cancelled....I love that show! Does anyone know for sure?

To keep this on topic...yeah, the O.C. I don't watch the entire episode, only the beginning because I like the theme song.

Hazzle
08-08-2004, 12:34 AM
I like the theme song.

Phantom Planet "California" for those looking for it to download it :D Not that I approve of that of course :p

Ashlyn
08-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Whenever I see Sandy (Peter Gallagher) I am distracted by 2 things:
the eyebrows that are taking over his face
and my memory of him in American Beauty *shudders*
But I love his character so its okay :)

Pinkfairy
09-08-2004, 10:09 PM
According to MSN entertainment:
Ryan's in Chino. Seth is alive and well, at least physically. And the Nana is responding to her cancer treatment.

That's more or less what we know about "The O.C." as it begins production on its second season. FOX showed a few clips from the season premiere to reporters at the recent TV Critics Association press tour, which hinted that Kirsten (Kelly Rowan) has reached a breaking point about the departures of Ryan (Benjamin McKenzie) and Seth (Adam Brody).
"Summer's over. ... Bring him home," she tells her husband, Sandy (Peter Gallagher).

Creator Josh Schwartz is keeping pretty tight-lipped about plot points from the early episodes, but he does allow that Ryan will eventually return to Orange County.

"I think it was never a question of would Ryan come back, but a question of how, and also how his leaving and the summer that has taken place with his absence, with Seth's absence, has sort of ... torn these families apart," Schwartz says.

FOX ordered 24 episodes of "The O.C." for season two -- down from 27 in its freshman year -- and set its premiere date for Thursday, Nov. 4. Schwartz says now that viewers "get what the show is," his goal for the season is to dig more deeply into the lives of its characters.

"We are going to slow down the storytelling some this year, I think," he says. "I think, you know, there won't necessarily have to be a brawl at every black-tie affair this year."

Schwartz is adamant about not revealing where Seth's sailing trip, begun in last season's finale, finally ended. He'll only say that Seth is unharmed.

Navi Rawat's Theresa will return to the show -- she's seen in the clip FOX showed at press tour (ewwww)-- and current "North Shore" star Amanda Righetti will be back "briefly" as Kirsten's sister, Hailey, Schwartz says.

It also appears that Linda Lavin will definitely return as Sophie 'Nana' Cohen, Sandy's mom. Lavin appeared in one episode late last season, in which she told her son she had cancer.

"She was great," Schwartz says of Lavin. "The Nana really popped for people. And so, therefore, I think it's safe to say the chemo is working."

Richard
10-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Thank god, I thought Seth would be lost at sea forever. That shit happens.

NinjaTurtleRocky
10-08-2004, 07:54 AM
i live in the OC. In a way it's exaclty like the show, without all that crazy sex going on. Its a bunch of rich, stupid, people running around like idiots. Kinda funny to watch them run around tho.

DefyingGravity
10-08-2004, 05:18 PM
I know a guy who sorta looks like Adam Brody. :)

Knardes
10-08-2004, 05:24 PM
I can't wait until the OC comes back. It's awful, i'm addicted. I got the cd a while back, the songs on it aren't that bad either.

Oencross
10-08-2004, 07:44 PM
I've around the OC my entire life. Honestly, it's really not so much like the show. First of all, at their ages, no one looks like that. Marissa is probably the only one who has any validity on that show. The depth of each character is nill. I do watch the show regularly though, so it is entertaining. I think I will probably stop watching though because Amanda Righetti left, and I really loved her character on the show, cheeky, greedy, good hearted but bad girl younger sister. I like that. So I've moved from this show to the "North Shore." I do some fair time in Hawaii every year, so I can see a lot of "reflection" of the people in Hawaii on the show. I only bring it up to compare with The O.C. It looks as though they're following the same "grain." Location based communities of people and how they are in those environments. Both do a good job of it, but I think that everyone who is out of high school should try on North Shore. High school really wasn't like that for most people, even those living in the O.C. And it definitely is a replica of Beverly Hills 90210, Kels is right, in 10 years, make a show called, "Malibu," and you've just made millions upon millions of dollars. It's just the way things are.

Kelsey
10-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Ssssh, Oen, don't give away my secret :) I've already started the concept :)

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Tell us more...no...don't...it'd be off topic :p

ON topic...TV isn't meant to be real...noone truly believes people in the OC are like that...but from the half of the series I've seen (for some reason we only got half of it so far on UK tv...the downloaders have seen it all though :p) Marissa seems the least interesting of all the characters...depth's there but it's all SOOOO cliched.

Richard
18-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I'm bringing this back up.

Did anyone watch that O.C. Obsessed Completely special?

Jasper
19-09-2004, 12:50 AM
I saw the last 1/2 hour or so of it.

Dyce_Blue
19-09-2004, 01:10 AM
I was a huge OC fan last season, and I watched the special the other day.

For some reason, I have all but lost interest in the OC. I used to Obsess over it. Now, it seems like it is turning more towards Marissa's direction than to Ryan's. It just seems different...

deviljet88
19-09-2004, 06:39 AM
Australia is currently up to the episode where uh... New Year's Eve, Marrisa and Ryan kiss (again), Seth and Anna get together. Its not worth the hype, but its still interesting as far as those kind of shows go.

keira loves lipgloss
19-09-2004, 10:35 AM
the o.c. rocks seth is HOT!lol

Elijahfan
19-09-2004, 02:46 PM
i watched the obessed completely thing on thursday. i hate that the whole point of moving the show to thursday. its to get some of the friends audience, since friends is no longer on, i mean survivor is also on at that time. i've seen about almost every episode, yes i have no life, even though i'm not completely in love with the show it's addictive and does have a good script if also a crazy story plot. marissa is the less interesting character (as pointed out by others), come on! "Oliver and i are just friends, it's not like that!" is she blind, and i love the fact that it's realistic, seth brought up the fact in the season finally that ryan leaving was part marissa's fault, i hate when shows completely forget parts of the past plot.

some SPOILERS:
as for season two, seth's parents have to bring ryan back or there's really no point, then sandy and ryan will get seth back. marissa will freak at her mom, that's the only part i like about her, as in the commericals she and her mom are by the pool and she throws the pool chair in and screams. i think that's awesome, her family has problems which i'd love to see come out, i'm cynical like that. seth and summer with hopefully get back together. they're all certainly going to see some bands play, they have a whole club set for that. marissa also goes to the cohen's house, commerial shows her at ryan's poolhouse door.

duckula
19-09-2004, 03:08 PM
It's gonna go downhill.

Dyce_Blue
19-09-2004, 07:58 PM
It's gonna go downhill.

Amen Jesus.

Making Marissa a more prominent character will completely change the demographic. The OC is really losing my friends and I because it is shying away from Ryan. If the show was about Marissa to begin with, I wouldn't have watched it in the first place.

Richard
19-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Amen Jesus.

Making Marissa a more prominent character will completely change the demographic. The OC is really losing my friends and I because it is shying away from Ryan. If the show was about Marissa to begin with, I wouldn't have watched it in the first place.

What happened to everyone's faith? We're all assuming this based on the previews, right? Anyways, I do have to agree. Marissa's a good essential character, but I've just had enough hearing her bitch. It's all about Ryan & Seth... and Summer.

Dyce_Blue
19-09-2004, 08:19 PM
It's all about Ryan & Seth... and Summer.

...and Sandy.

deviljet88
19-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Seth & Summer > Sandy & Kirsten > Ryan & Marissa. I don't like Marissa or Ryan that much, not very unique, just boring people.

Renegade
19-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Seth & Anna > Seth & Summer. But that's just me.

johnnyboy
19-09-2004, 11:09 PM
I don't watch the OC

Dyce_Blue
19-09-2004, 11:50 PM
(The characters of)
Ryan > Sandy > Seth > Kirsten > Jimmy > Julie > Summer > Eddie > Caleb > Marissa > Teresa

(The storyline between)
Ryan & Sandy > Ryan & Seth > Seth & Sandy > Jimmy and Kirsten > Jimmy and Julie > Eddie and Ryan > Julie and Ryan > Seth and Summer > ... at the very end of the spectrum: Julie and Marissa > Ryan and Marissa.

Damn, I spent a lot of time on that.