PDA

View Full Version : Evanescence

sweet-sacrifice
29-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey, does anyone here like Evanescence???

i love their new Single Good Enough..This song is so beautiful honestly its one of the best songs i have heard so far, the lyrics are just so well written!

www.myspace.com/evanescence << you can listen to it there

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/Good-Enough/l_a0289c02a6e4165b2d0d143e135978cb.jpg

Lyrics:
Under your spell again
I can't say no to you
crave my heart and its bleeding in your hand
I can't say no to you

Shouldn't have let you torture me so sweetly
now I can't let go of this dream
I can't breathe but I feel

Good enough
I feel good enough for you

Drink up sweet decadence
I can't say no to you
and I've completely lost myself and I don't mind
I can't say no to you

Shouldn't have let you conquer me completely
now I can't let go of this dream
can't believe that I feel

Good enough
I feel good enough
its been such a long time coming, but I feel good

and I'm still waiting for the rain to fall
pour real life down on me
cause I can't hold on to anything this good
enough
am I good enough
for you to love me too?

so take care what you ask of me
cause I can't say no

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/Good-Enough/l_99a2d48e58dd1e3e1030e4be67492f91.jpg

DanMan
29-09-2007, 12:54 PM
:icon_err: I really like Evanessence too, but I know another song...

SPAM SPAM SPAM...

Katielondon
29-09-2007, 02:34 PM
dont mind them, Amy Lee butchered Zero though.

Mandy
29-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Seriously, their first post and it's about Evanescence?

I think Evanescence has had their day. Everyone was all crazy about them, and now it's dying down. Their last hit I really liked though.

Porcelain_Doll
29-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Mandy, what the heck is an Honourary Brit? I crack up every time I read it, and I don't know why :p

I liked Evanescence...never a huge fan, though. I prefer WT. More opera-like vocals. (Yes, I'm obsessed, but it's not the Phantom this time!!)

Mandy
29-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I guess Ice figured I know too much about British pop culture, so he named me an "honourary brit." It really is quite the honour.

frodo1511
29-09-2007, 04:03 PM
They beat out Fiddy Cent for best new artist back in 2003, so they deserve some credit there.

KeiraIsFIT
29-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Not heavy enough for me

Jacoby
29-09-2007, 09:58 PM
They're Almost As Good As Creed Or Nickelback!!!!!

Liam
30-09-2007, 01:26 AM
I liked Evanescence...never a huge fan, though. I prefer WT.

Kid, you're allllright.

sweet-sacrifice
30-09-2007, 03:50 AM
:icon_err: I really like Evanessence too, but I know another song...

SPAM SPAM SPAM...

umm, this is not spam...

if this was spam i wouldnt have come back would i??
and plus a had nothing to ppost b4:dontknowa

and i really do like this song, my favourite song by far, until i discover something else...

slow, but good:)

Digital_Ice
30-09-2007, 05:37 AM
evanescence try to be all dark and (god forbid i actually use this phrase in a sentence) "emo"... but just come across like every band that tries it. manufactured crass.

now I'm not saying their musics particularly bad. but its nothing spectacular either.

sweet-sacrifice
30-09-2007, 11:08 AM
emo? i dont think so

maybe u said listen more, i garuntee there is nothing "emo" there

mehrdad368
30-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I hate goth metal.Just black.:D

Hazzle
30-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Kid, you're allllright.

She is but not for that. WT are better than Evanescence but that's not saying much. WT have a great band but I'm SO not a fan of the operatic vocals. They annoy the living shit out of me.

Liam
30-09-2007, 10:57 PM
She is but not for that. WT are better than Evanescence but that's not saying much. WT have a great band but I'm SO not a fan of the operatic vocals. They annoy the living shit out of me.

WT kick seven shades of shit out of Evanescence musically, thats my main concern. I'll grant that the vocals are a bit of an acquired taste (particularly on their earlier material) but the newer stuff is almost as radio friendly as Evanescence.

What bothers me about Evanescence more than anything is how they seem to be stuck on some kind of virtuoso pedestal when their songs are repetitive, two-note pish.

Still, give me Slayer any day.

Hazzle
30-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Still, give me Slayer any day.

That's my man! Evanecence are shit, WT are damn fine musically, but the vocals let them down. That song they did with Keith Caputo was actually not bad but that had a lot to do with his vocals being pretty good. And WT as a BAND being fucking quality. Didn't most of the members of the band Evanescence leave for "creative differences" (which always translates to "the record label/other band members are making us make shit music so we're gone")? It's what I heard anyway.

sweet-sacrifice
01-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Please stop your bashing, if u dont like them leave!

i didnt make this thread for people to bash them!

i could say alot about WT but i wont.

and evanescence are not Goth! well i dont think so anyway!

Mandy
01-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Sorry, when you post about a band that's pretty mainstream pop/rock, you have to expect people not to like them.

You're right. Evanescence isn't goth. They'd probably like to be, though. :p

Hazzle
01-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Sorry, when you post about a band that's pretty mainstream pop/rock, you have to expect people not to like them.

Actually I'd go one step further. See the name of this forum? General Discussion. Emphasis on "discussion". Sweet-sacrifice (kudos on coming up with a name that wasn't inspired by an Evanscence song title...oh) it really doesn't matter why you started the thread. Notice you didn't even call the thread "Who likes Evanscence?" but rather made it an open topic about the band, which means we're entitled to say positive or negative things. Say what you like about WT, it promotes discussion, and we likes discussion. You say if people don't like them they shouldn't post here, but I'd say if you didn't want people to criticise them you shouldn't have started a thread about them.

Katielondon
01-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Amy Lee also seems to love doing covers by people who have shagged Courtney Love.

Leonie
01-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Evanescence is shithouse. Catchy shithouse, yes, but still absolute crap. It helps if you can sing your own songs live, Amy.

Hazzle
01-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Amy Lee also seems to love doing covers by people who have shagged Courtney Love.

Yes, but I put it to you...who HASN'T shagged Courtney Love?

Digital_Ice
01-10-2007, 09:32 PM

Me.

Katielondon
01-10-2007, 11:13 PM

good point, still cant say i was too fond of her Heart Shaped Box cover, her Zero cover was better but i dont think it sounded right with her singing, its definatly not a song i would like to sing.

Hazzle
02-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Me.

Yes, but I put it to you, who HAS shagged you? :p

good point, still cant say i was too fond of her Heart Shaped Box cover, her Zero cover was better but i dont think it sounded right with her singing, its definatly not a song i would like to sing.

Hate both of them. Heart Shaped Box is probably my favourite song ever. The bitch ruined it.

sweet-sacrifice
03-10-2007, 11:06 AM
It helps if you can sing your own songs live, Amy.

umm she does sing live.

frodo1511
03-10-2007, 11:16 AM
/\Somehow I think that Leonie meant that Ms. Lee probably uses the dirty "voice-over" machine that Ashlee Simpson used so tragically.

Or I'm completely wrong. Hasn't been the first time.

Leonie
03-10-2007, 11:16 AM
I know she sings live. It's tragic.

She sings horribly off key. Which means she can't actually *sing* her songs so much. And that's where the problem lies.