PDA

View Full Version : Sad musics

mehrdad368
28-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I think you had heard an old music called Gloomy sunday.
I heard a lot about it that people kill themselves after they heard it.
I also heard that but i don't feel suicide.how about you?

Mandy
28-09-2007, 05:18 PM
I know that a lot of people used to listen to "Don't Fear the Reaper" while they commited suicide. That song creeps me out.

hasselbrad
28-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Sunday's a popular day with the manic depressives.
Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down is horribly depressing.

kingdumbass
29-09-2007, 06:35 AM
When I was 15, I tried to off myself while listening to the Smashing Pumpkins song, "Spaceboy"....
Put the song on repeat and swallowed a bottle of Tylenol. Woke up about 2 hours later, high as a kite, and puked my guts out. I never tried anything like that again, and I'm still amazed that I survived.

Good times!

Banana Breakfast
29-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - I See a Darkness.

Banana Breakfast
29-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I know that a lot of people used to listen to "Don't Fear the Reaper" while they commited suicide. That song creeps me out.

That's because BOC is shit.

On a similar note, when I was like fifteen, my roommate wouldn't stop spinning Nickelback. He'd just keep playing the same cut, over and over -- "Savin' Me." I almost cashed in, night 6, hour 3. I had a noose woven out of toilet paper, but I got lucky and he stepped out long enough for me to scale the disc out the window.

Jacoby
29-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Sunday's a popular day with the manic depressives.
Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down is horribly depressing.

Ohhh, I'm easy like Sunday Mornin'...

There, debunked your theory.

Saddest song would have to go to Elliott Smith with King's Crossing because it's about his own suicide that he committed two weeks after the recording. It just makes me sad that he actually killed himself. Sad songs I usually find uplifting, which is why Bright Eyes is a guilty pleasure o' mine.

On a similar note, when I was like fifteen, my roommate wouldn't stop spinning Nickelback. He'd just keep playing the same cut, over and over -- "Savin' Me." I almost cashed in, night 6, hour 3. I had a noose woven out of toilet paper, but I got lucky and he stepped out long enough for me to scale the disc out the window

Banana Breakfast, guess who just became best friends?

Us.

Mandy
29-09-2007, 10:17 PM

So is your username. Can I still call you Allah?

Hazzle
29-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Ohhh, I'm easy like Sunday Mornin'...

There, debunked your theory.

Not really...that song's bad enough to depress me into suicidal thoughts ;)

Banana Breakfast is cooler than Allah. It really doesn't take much to come up with a blaspheming name (I've done it on other sites) but Banana Breakfast is actually quite funny (I like).

Mandy
29-09-2007, 11:27 PM
It's not that, it's because I originally know him as Allah and I don't feel like learning to call him something else.

That's like how I'll never call Ice by his real name.

Hazzle
29-09-2007, 11:29 PM
It's not that, it's because I originally know him as Allah and I don't feel like learning to call him something else.

Oh, I figured that might be the case, I was simply commenting on your point that "Banana Breakfast" was shit. Although there was an implication you thought "Allah" was better I know better than to assume. I swear someone called Ice by his real name in the shoutbox a while ago. Nobody ever calls me by my real name. Or my KKW name. People just don't like me. I'd cry but I don't like people either.

Digital_Ice
30-09-2007, 12:08 AM
That's like how I'll never call Ice by his real name.

i have a real name??? I'm so used to being called Ice i forget!

kingdumbass
30-09-2007, 01:14 AM
The saddest song I know is actually "For Martha", by the Smashing Pumpkins....
Also, Tori Amos' cover of "Thank You", by Led Zeppelin.

I have bawled my eyes out while listening to both of those songs.

Mandy
30-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Songs I've cried to:

Kate Havnevik - Grace
Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
Maria Mena - Miss you love
Kelly Clarkson (I know, right?) - Irvine

That's all I can think of right now...

Banana Breakfast
30-09-2007, 03:17 AM
So is your username. Can I still call you Allah?

You can either call me Allah or read up on your Pynchon. ...So I guess I'm Allah.

michael22
30-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Hear you me by Jimmy Eat World has alot of sad connotations for me as it was used for my grandmothers funeral.
Layla by Eric Clapton ( the unplugged version) is sad, powerfull and fucking awesome

To Sheila by the Smashing Pumpkins, Behind Blue Eyes by the Who and Trampled Rose by Tom Waits are all sad, gloomy and great.

38 years old by the Tragically Hip is a sad warning about what my future holds.

I lost count how many people have cried while I played amazing grace for them.

Minnie Ripperton's Loving You almost caused me to commit suicide for the fact that it was so fucking awful and my sister would play over and over again if her boyfriend was a asshole to her.

Banana Breakfast
30-09-2007, 09:27 AM
If you wanna' stop just short of EMO, there're things like Lenard Cohen, or maybe Sunny Day's Diary. Then there's what's maybe the most introspective, stunningly emotional hip-hop album I can name: Lucy Ford.

mehrdad368
30-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I prefer a black metal song from DEAD for suiciding.;)
So I guess I'm Allah.
Allah=God.What kind of god you are?

Hazzle
30-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Allah=God.What kind of god you are?

I could see that one coming. One reason I'm glad Banana Breakfast used a new name ;). Whilst I'm very sure Banana Breakfast could use scathing wit to cut Meathead down to size, I doubt he'd understand enough of it for it to have an effect. After all, the guy's been the butt of incessant abuse ever since he joined and he's still here. If Banana gets rid of him I'll be the happiest man alive.

mehrdad368
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
could see that one coming. One reason I'm glad Banana Breakfast used a new name ;). Whilst I'm very sure Banana Breakfast could use scathing wit to cut Meathead down to size, I doubt he'd understand enough of it for it to have an effect. After all, the guy's been the butt of incessant abuse ever since he joined and he's still here. If Banana gets rid of him I'll be the happiest man alive.
Who were abused?me?fuck you man.I'm going to piss on your abusing.
Bastards can't abuse me.You only can kiss my nuts.:icon_eplu

Jacoby
02-10-2007, 02:30 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Kiss my nuts. lol

Digital_Ice
02-10-2007, 11:09 AM
"piss on your abusing" ...wtf?

Hazzle
02-10-2007, 11:49 AM

Dude, even the skankiest hooker in Tehran wouldn't go near your nuts. It's understandable that you want me to do that though, what with the fact you came frighteningly close to sending me naked pictures of yourself, you horse-faced freak. Oh, and learn English before you get into a slanging match. Is "piss on your abusing" a reference to the fact your daddy gave you golden showers?

hasselbrad
02-10-2007, 12:48 PM
This reminds me of a fight in high school where the beaten party blurted out "fuck your mother ass-fuck!"
Everyone started laughing so hard, the fight just kind of petered out.

Katielondon
02-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Songs I've cried to:

Kate Havnevik - Grace
Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
Maria Mena - Miss you love
Kelly Clarkson (I know, right?) - Irvine

That's all I can think of right now...

the Imogen Heap cover of Haleluiah(spelling could be off) is also rather depressing, she has a beautiful voice though.

Hazzle
02-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Not cried to either but Jeff Buckley's Halleluljah (which is the best version) and Grace are awesome. I think the reason they're so sad stems as much from his tragic death and the fact the world was robbed of such a bright talent so soon after his emergence. The world needs more Jeff Buckley.

mehrdad368
03-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Dude, even the skankiest hooker in Tehran wouldn't go near your nuts. It's understandable that you want me to do that though, what with the fact you came frighteningly close to sending me naked pictures of yourself, you horse-faced freak. Oh, and learn English before you get into a slanging match. Is "piss on your abusing" a reference to the fact your daddy gave you golden showers?
My english is not good but it's not important because you understood what i mean.
And it doesn't need to send my naked pictures because you can see them in your mother album.Lot's of naked pictures with your mom there.see them.It'll be one of the most sad song you have ever heard.;)
Kiss my nuts.you can do it Indian.

Jacoby
03-10-2007, 11:04 PM
My english is not good but it's not important because you understood what i mean.
And it doesn't need to send my naked pictures because you can see them in your mother album.Lot's of naked pictures with your mom there.see them.It'll be one of the most sad song you have ever heard.;)
Kiss my nuts.you can do it Indian.

Hazzle: 0
Iran: 1

:icon_jerryspringer_audience_member

Hazzle
04-10-2007, 12:20 PM

Clearly I didn't or I wouldn't have asked what it meant. See that thing at the end of the last sentence? It's called a question mark, you tool. Unless you're saying "piss on your abusing" WAS a reference to your daddy giving you golden showers as a kid?

"Kiss my nuts" wasn't hard to understand, it's the sort of insult pre-schoolers come out with (so I'm rather amazed Jake found it funny, considering he's wittier than that). Those pictures of you and my mum, they wouldn't happen to look anything like these (http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showpost.php?p=56994&postcount=1520)) would they? My mum slept with Mr Ed? Must have been that stylish dress sense or your fantastic guitar skills.

Hazzle: 0
Iran: 1

Not sure how you figure that (since his "comeback" to my initial post was tame and I hadn't even replied to it yet), but each to their own. Of course it's hard to set high standards for a guy who once thought I was Keira Knightley and wrote "me" love letters. Sent any to Miss Knightley yet Meathead?

(And Jake, if he HAD said what you quoted in your signature THAT would've been pretty cool ;))

Edit: Of course I could just point out I was sticking up for Meathead over the whole "Allah" issue (whilst trying to diffuse a potential argument between a new member and our favourite Iranian) but since Meathead wants to turn this into a fight, when have you ever known me to back down?

Jacoby
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Not sure how you figure that...

Just trying to start shit.

Hazzle
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Just trying to start shit.

Heh. No need, Meathead already did that, and it's not really like I need encouragement to argue ;).

mehrdad368
09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
ok now fuck off an Indian bastard.Az i know Indians are so ugly.post your picture indian.

Ranman
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
ok now fuck off an Indian bastard.Az i know Indians are so ugly.post your picture indian.

How dare you say that about my friend :fencing: you horse faced baboon

hasselbrad
09-10-2007, 08:19 PM

http://home.millsaps.edu/mcelvrs/woman_ironing.jpg
Oh the ironing!

Digital_Ice
09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Jokes are one thing. Outright racism is quite another. Consider this your final warning.

Hazzle
09-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Heh. I think Brad's post was pretty much game set and match and I didn't have to argue back!