PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse

Mandy
24-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I know Brad's a fan, and I'm a MASSIVE fan. There's been a lot going on with her recently since she's been in and out of rehab-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...icbox&ct=5

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/amyblake2308_468x438.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/amyDM2308_468x459.jpg

Amy Winehouse in bloody hotel brawl with junkie husband

Bloody and battered after ripping into each other during a drug-fuelled row, this is Amy Winehouse, the cream of Britain's young singing talent, and her junkie husband Blake Fielder-Civil.

Stumbling around the streets of London at 4.45am, the pair bore the wounds of an almighty row which spiralled wildly out of control.

They have been holed up in a suite at a five-star hotel in Soho for the past three days after checking out of rehab for crack and heroin addiction.

The fight in the early hours of yesterday left 23-year-old Miss Winehouse with blood staining her pink ballet shoes and the knees of her jeans.

Purple bruises could be seen on the side of her neck and her knuckles were swollen.

But her 24-year-old husband appeared to have come off a lot worse - with cuts and scratches on both cheeks and around his neck.

Before the big fight, the singer had made a solo trip out of the hotel at 11pm, walking a few yards down the road to meet and hug a girl in her 20s before returning alone.

An eyewitness said it appeared the girl handed over some kind of small package to Miss Winehouse as they hugged.

The singer returned to her hotel room and within hours other guests complained of raised voices, clattering furniture and screaming.

Shortly afterwards, the concierge was called.

Miss Winehouse, who has a history of self-harming, had asked for medical assistance to patch up cuts on her arm.

At around 2.30am, said guests, the fight sounded like it had restarted - then Miss Winehouse was seen sprinting down the corridor to the lift, pursued by her badly bleeding husband.

One guest who got into the lift to reception at the same time said they started shouting at each other. "Amy was in floods of tears. This guy was screaming at her.

"She was cowering in the corner and I thought he was going to hit her. When the lift door opened, she took off across the lobby at a real pace.

"He was chasing after her and was about five paces behind by the time she got to the main hotel entrance."

The couple then dashed into the street.

An eyewitness said: "Just after 3am, Amy came sprinting out and down the road.

"She was in a real state of panic. Blake was running after her, but couldn't catch up.

"Amy was so hell-bent on getting away from him that she ran into the middle of the street and flagged down a random car that happened to be full of girls.

"She was saying, 'Quickly, I have to get in, I have to get away, please help me'.

"Her voice was breaking, you could tell she was scared.

"The car drove off at speed and ended up about a mile away at Charing Cross station. Amy got out and went into a 24-hour shop to buy cigarettes.

"She was looking completely out of her head. Blake ran after the car for a while. He spent the next halfhour or so wandering around in a daze with blood over his face, looking in doorways for her, shouting her name out.

"Eventually, he got through to her on the mobile.

"There were a lot of tears and shouting, but they calmed down and met up at around 4am and slowly walked back to the hotel arm-in-arm. They got back at 4.45am."

Then, she send a few messages to friend Perez Hilton:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Alynndan/img_0172.jpg

"Amy Winehouse: “Blake is the best man in the world. We would never ever harm each other. Take back what you said on the blog. I thought you was my girl. I was cutting myself after he found me in our room about to do drugs with a call girl and rightly said I wasn’t good enough for him. I lost it and he saved my life.”

Text #2: “I’ll be alright. I need to fight my man’s corner for him though. x”

Text #3: “For the last time he did not and never has hurt me. Say I told you what happened on your blog. He has such a hard time and he so supportive. Please make amends. Kiss. Amy x”

A while later, text #4: “Please can you put up the truthful version straight away? It’s bad enough that it’s been there that long. I know you love me but he deserves the truth, he is an amazing man who saved my life again and got cut badly for his troubles. All he get is horrible stories printed about him and he just keeps quiet, but this i too much. Thanks girl. Amy”

Then was seen this morning cleaned up leaving the hotel with her husband Blake-

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=phpziysqwpmbp4.jpg

I usually don't follow news around on one person like this, but I'm seriously worried for her. People have also accusing her husband for getting her hooked on drugs, supplying her with drugs and so on, but he's definitely always there to save her when she gets herself in trouble. Not long ago, she OD'd and had a seizure and he found her, and rushed her to the hospital.

Woman needs to be chained in rehab. I get a Jimi Hendrix vibe about the whole thing.

hasselbrad
24-08-2007, 08:27 PM
That's sad to see. I noticed it whilst looking around for Castro stuff. She really seems to be in a lot of trouble.

Mandy
24-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I just really wish she'd go to Rehab, get herself tied to a bed, get through the awful withdrawl process and go from there. She's said to have put on "a stone and a half" (I've no idea how much weight a "stone" is - help me out, Brits)

Also, here's a message Blake posted at an Amy Winehouse forum a few days ago after they'd reportedly checked out of rehab:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Alynndan/blakemssg.jpg

peach
24-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Absolutely horrible. Sad that someone would like to hurt themself so much. I wonder how long it could have been until he saved her. Well if thats the story.

peach
24-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I didnt read the article, but wasnt her dad in rehab? Or was it that he visited her I cant remember.
They should change it too. if you check yourself in you cant get out until you fnnished the process. If Only it was that easy

Porcelain_Doll
24-08-2007, 08:51 PM
she looks ten times worse than he does...it's so sad, seeing (or rather reading about) someone slowly destroying themselves.
She's young, pretty and talented...it's really an awful shame.

Mandy
24-08-2007, 08:56 PM
I didnt read the article, but wasnt her dad in rehab? Or was it that he visited her I cant remember.
They should change it too. if you check yourself in you cant get out until you fnnished the process. If Only it was that easy

I think he was just visiting. I completely agree with you. I think when you check in for rehab, you sign somthing that says you can't leave until you're clean. In a perfect world, it'd be like that.

Here are some pictures of her and her husband walking through London today - she looks better.

http://www.splashnewsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/splashnews_kcgpuk240807b_001.jpg
http://www.splashnewsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/splashnews_kcgpuk240807b_005.jpg

peach
24-08-2007, 09:01 PM
She does, except, she is still quite skinny. He looks better aswell.
I dont know much about it so forgive me if my question sounds stupid. But isn't drugs illegal or that just drug dealing.
So if people know she is using drugs, the press write about it wouldnt that make it easy for the police to do something?

Mandy
24-08-2007, 09:06 PM
That's an extremely good question. They have to be caught with possession though. People can talk about it, but if they aren't caught with it, they can't really do much. Loads of artists even write/sing about it in their records, but the police don't go breaking down their doors.

duckula
25-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Well I hope she makes it through alive as this will be great material for the next album.

Digital_Ice
25-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I've no idea how much weight a "stone" is - help me out, Brits

1 stone = 6.35029318 kilograms

so a stone and a half is about 9.5kg

Jacoby
25-08-2007, 05:36 PM
1 stone = 6.35029318 kilograms

so a stone and a half is about 9.5kg

Okay, and what is that in American-people weight units.

Man, Amy Winehouse and her husband are so freaking cool. I feel like I'm in the '70s when I read about them and look at pictures.

Mandy
25-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Well I hope she makes it through alive as this will be great material for the next album.

I completely agree. Although people are starting to compare her to Doherty, in that she'll still be making music as she gets worse and worse.

Digital_Ice
25-08-2007, 06:10 PM

9.5kg = 44 Big Mac's

Jacoby
25-08-2007, 06:13 PM

9.5kg = 44 Big Mac's

Hahahaha.

Next time I go to McDonald's I'm going to order a stone and a half of Big Mac's.

Digital_Ice
25-08-2007, 06:18 PM
hreh. (for the record... 9.5 kg is about 21 lbs)

Porcelain_Doll
25-08-2007, 06:18 PM
9.5kg = 44 Big Mac's

how much cholesterol is that in stones?

Mandy
25-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh God, oh god, now I want McDonalds. SHIT. WHAT DO I DO?!

Digital_Ice
25-08-2007, 06:34 PM
how much cholesterol is that in stones?

0.000554305116 stones.

aaanyway... how far off topic are we now/

and why doesnt my question mark key work/

Mandy
25-08-2007, 06:43 PM
And what's up with your sig?

Mandy
28-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Now, apparently, they've taken a vacation to get away from the "drugs in London." Apparently they don't sell them anywhere else.

Leonie
28-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I find this lady wholly ridiculous, mostly. I can't take anyone with hair like that seriously. And it's not like people are force-feeding her drugs. She started on her own sometime. She sounds depressed and confused, but mostly delusioned and in desperate need of a straitjacket.

barrington
28-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Hmmm. I met Amy Winehouse a couple of weeks ago. She was small.

Mandy
28-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Hmmm. I met Amy Winehouse a couple of weeks ago. She was small.

Did you seriously meet her?

And yeah, I hear she's especially dainty.

Leonie
28-08-2007, 11:35 PM
You would be, if you were anorexic, wouldn't you?

Mandy
29-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Sorry, Leonie, I'm a big fan of hers and I'm genuinely worried about her, and I didn't particularly make this thread for people to gawk and comment about problems nobody knows anything about.

Alas, it's the internet.

Her dad spoke to Radio 1 this morning and confirmed that almost all of the shit that's been written about her lately isn't true. He also said that she's put on some weight lately and said she feels fitter. (She put on a stone, and it actually shows.) But he also said unfortunately when one has a dependancy and feels "better" momentarily, they feel like it's ok to go out for drinks or indulge into their addiction.

He seems like a pretty wise man, and so does her mother. What happens to these people!? :dontknowa

Leonie
29-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't see why I can't express an opinion. I'm not a fan of hers at all, but I still think that the situation she's in is sad. That said, I feel the same way about her substance abuse as I would about anyone else's - you got yourself into it somehow.

As far as I knew, she'd admitted to being anorexic. I haven't made a study of it, admittedly, but I thought she'd spoken about it.

No need to get upset with me, really.

Keira lover
29-08-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't see why I can't express an opinion. I'm not a fan of hers at all, but I still think that the situation she's in is sad. That said, I feel the same way about her substance abuse as I would about anyone else's - you got yourself into it somehow.

As far as I knew, she'd admitted to being anorexic. I haven't made a study of it, admittedly, but I thought she'd spoken about it.

No need to get upset with me, really.

i thought i was the only one who saw it that way.

Mandy
29-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm not upset at you personally, just peoples' general attitude towards celebrities when they have problems like this. Would suck to be famous with any kind of problem.

Leonie
29-08-2007, 12:32 AM
It's still a choice, though. Being famous is. Doing drugs is. If she chooses both, then the consequences are hers to deal with. The press' response to it all is quite predictable.

Mandy
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
g5LsdEqSQO4

AMAZING comeback at the Mercury Awards. She's put on weight and her voice was in top form.

Edit: AND!! she fixed the gap in her teeth.

Pygmalion
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I liked the gap...less celebrities should get them fixed to give us gap-toothed freaks people to look up to.

Mandy
09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I have to bump this for the sake of the intrigue...

She went on vacation while her husband rots in jail....WITH her ex-boyfriend.

Ouch. And also, she's blonde now.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Alynndan/amy-winehouse-blonde-198-7.jpg

hasselbrad
09-01-2008, 07:34 PM
http://www.oppictures.com/singleimages/400/AVE24148_1_1_400.JPG
Still using one of these as eyeliner, I see.

Mandy
09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Haha, yes. She wouldn't be Amy without it though.

She seems to be doing a lot better right now. She's staying with her family right now and her dad's always in the paparazzi photos with her for the most part. He's always talked about getting her cleaned up and how he doesn't like Blake.

<3

hasselbrad
09-01-2008, 07:42 PM
I hope she gets straightened out. It's sad to see talent go to waste.

Mandy
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Amy Winehouse has been singing with her dad to improve her self-confidence.

The troubled singer - whose husband Blake Fielder-Civil is currently in prison on charges of grievous bodily harm (GBH) and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice - performed on several occasions with 57-year-old Mitch at parties at her London home in the run-up to Christmas.

Mitch is now hoping it will give Amy the boost she needs to perform at next month's Grammys, after being nominated for six awards.

A source said: "Amy had her fair share of troubles in 2007, and she's still dealing with Blake being in prison. But her little parties at home have given her quite a boost.

"She often has friends round for drinks and inevitably most of the time she ends up singing. One night Mitch joined in and Amy loved it. They had a great giggle and it really made her feel good about herself so Mitch wants to repeat the experience as often as possible."

Amy recently returned from a New Year holiday in Mustique and her family are desperate for her to put her troubles behind her and focus on her career.

The source added to Britain's Daily Star newspaper: "Amy is settling back into London life after her trip to Mustique but Mitch hopes she can keep in high spirits.

"With the right preparation she should be able to light up the forthcoming award ceremonies with her stunning voice and remind people what she does best."

The prestigious Grammys take place on February 10.
http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1385531.php/Amy_Winehouses_dad_duet

Not exactly sure how reliable that story is, but I hope it's true. If she wants to perform at the grammys, she really needs to get into shape for it. Mentally and vocally.

Porcelain_Doll
15-01-2008, 12:22 AM
There was an article on this paper here titled "Place your bets on Amy's death". It talked about this website called "when will Amy Winehouse die?" which presumably holds a poll for the exact date the singer would, I quote, "self-destroy completely". The winner - the one who picked the correct date - would be titled Mr. or Ms. Death (or something along those lines..) and win an Iphone.

Revolting. Not entirely sure if it's true, but still revolting.

Digital_Ice
15-01-2008, 01:16 AM

It's real.

(and it's an ipod not an iphone)

http://www.whenwillamywinehousedie.com/

Liam
15-01-2008, 04:25 AM
There was an article on this paper here titled "Place your bets on Amy's death". It talked about this website called "when will Amy Winehouse die?" which presumably holds a poll for the exact date the singer would, I quote, "self-destroy completely". The winner - the one who picked the correct date - would be titled Mr. or Ms. Death (or something along those lines..) and win an Iphone.

I'm tired of seeing her all over the TV, internet, and in any newspaper I pick up to read. It wouldnt be so bad if she were some sort of wild, newfound talent - which she may have been at some point - but she has pissed it all away and doesnt deserve any of the attention she gets.

I dont care one way or the other. If she goes and gets cleaned up, thats great. But I still dont want to see her face all over the media. She's done nothing to deserve the attention and promotion it generates.

Katielondon
15-01-2008, 11:12 AM
im not the greatest fan of her style of music but i appreciate she has talent and a good voice and it is sad to see people get so consumed in drugs, but plenty of other musicians have come through it, and i hope she does too, good luck to her.

troychou
15-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I think she is a poor girl:'( .even though I am a chinese,I do not know much about her ,her songs is very beautiful.
I have read her song [back to black],pretty good!!!
I am really sorry to her.

peach
15-01-2008, 07:21 PM
How long is he supposed to stay in Prison?
I really don't like her eyeliner, It's like her thing but I don't think It looks good at all.

Mandy
15-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't feel "oh-so-sorry" for her because she's made her decision to be the way she is, but I do care about her as a person and as an entertainer. She has too much talent to waste away on whatever she's wasting it on.

I do know that she's just started working on another album. Not sure if that's a good sign, but at least she's working again.

peach
15-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't like her much but I hope it will be a better year for her.
She looks better on the picture than the ones a few months back.

frodo1511
15-01-2008, 08:18 PM
I think she's pissed away her chances @ a Grammy this year.

Mandy
15-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Grammys are based on sales and critic opinions about the album, not their personal life (at least it's supposed to.)

Plus, there might not even be a freakin' awards ceremony. I hate the WGA.

peach
15-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I know people are protesting, but why is all the awards canceld? I missed the big point. :|

Mandy
15-01-2008, 08:37 PM
The thing is, I understand that the Golden Globes got canceled because none of the actors or actresses showed up.

But you don't need actors or actresses for the Grammys.

You do need writers though...

hasselbrad
15-01-2008, 08:40 PM
The WGA (Writer's Guild of America) is on strike over internet revenues, which is pretty ridiculous, since from most estimates, they've already lost more in wages over the last few months than they would have seen throughout their lives from internet broadcast profits.
The writers who write all the crappy jokes on the award shows are all pretty much members of the WGA, so they aren't allowed to work for the Grammys by the union.
The same union that's supposed to be looking out for their best interests, is costing them their livelihoods. And, the WGA is striking deals with independent producers like Weinstien Bros. and Worldwide Pants (Letterman) which only serves to erode their bargaining power. I am hoping that this helps open up the oyster of Hollywood to aspiring writers like myself, because I have a feeling there are a lot of writers who won't be getting along with pretty much everyone on the movie sets of the near future.

The bold part is your answer, Cathrine. The rest is just my tirade. ;)

peach
15-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Thank you Mandy and Brad. It all cleared up for me :)

frodo1511
16-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Grammys are based on sales and critic opinions about the album, not their personal life (at least it's supposed to.)

Technically true, but I doubt anyone will have the balls to vote for her (or Britney, if she will ever be nominated again) after her recent fiasco.

Katielondon
16-01-2008, 02:52 PM
The WGA (Writer's Guild of America) is on strike over internet revenues, which is pretty ridiculous, since from most estimates, they've already lost more in wages over the last few months than they would have seen throughout their lives from internet broadcast profits.
The writers who write all the crappy jokes on the award shows are all pretty much members of the WGA, so they aren't allowed to work for the Grammys by the union.
The same union that's supposed to be looking out for their best interests, is costing them their livelihoods. And, the WGA is striking deals with independent producers like Weinstien Bros. and Worldwide Pants (Letterman) which only serves to erode their bargaining power. I am hoping that this helps open up the oyster of Hollywood to aspiring writers like myself, because I have a feeling there are a lot of writers who won't be getting along with pretty much everyone on the movie sets of the near future.

The bold part is your answer, Cathrine. The rest is just my tirade. ;)

i hope they come to an agreement soon, there hasnt been a new Nip/Tuck episode this year>:(

frodo1511
17-01-2008, 12:48 AM
i hope they come to an agreement soon, there hasnt been a new Nip/Tuck episode this year>:(

New one yesterday...airing 6 back-to-back...

kingdumbass
17-01-2008, 01:26 AM
You can tell Amy Winehouse is on drugs because her music isn't as shitty as the other stuff on the radio....

Katielondon
17-01-2008, 01:27 AM
New one yesterday...airing 6 back-to-back...

thanks for that, cant wait to watch it:D

hasselbrad
24-01-2008, 06:46 PM
They try to make her go to rehab,
she say 'no, no, well, okay'.

Amy's in rehab. Let's hope it's more successful than LiLo's stints.

Katielondon
24-01-2008, 10:48 PM
i dont know what the fuss is about, if she wants to get loaded let her get loaded.

Mandy
24-01-2008, 10:58 PM
She's been staying with her dad since the video of her smoking crack surfaced. If you've ever seen her dad talk, he really hates her drug habit. Hope he helps straighten her out.

JenR
24-01-2008, 11:54 PM
theres a whole section of her in the new Entertainment Mag

hasselbrad
07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Try to come to the Grammys,
The U.S. says no, no, no.

Mandy
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
That really sucks, now Mark Ronson won't perform and he's nominated for 3 grammys.

I'm happy enough that she's got the drugs out of her system and still in rehab.

Yesterday: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/Alynndan/winehouseXPOSURE_468x701.jpg

(Oh, and she WILL be performing, but she'll apear via satellite in London and she'll accept her awards via satellite if she wins.)

Mandy
08-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Heh, don't you love the fickleness of the government?

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20177175,00.html

They accepted her visa request, but it's too late. She'll still be performing via satellite though.

Leonie
08-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Regardless of who the visa is for (i.e. this is not an attack on Winehouse), I think that's terrible. It just goes to show that if you have a big mouth or are deemed famous enough, you can get whatever you want. That's truly disgusting.

Mandy
08-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't even get why they accepted it in the end.

1. It's too late for her to even make it to the Grammys
2. She pretty much figured it'd be declined so she was performing in London instead.

Despite the whole "she's famous" thing, it's just like...why even bother?

frodo1511
10-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Sorry, but I'll be rooting for Taylor Swift over Amy for the best new artist Grammy tonight.

seventhson
11-02-2008, 02:54 AM
I just love Y'all.

Mandy
11-02-2008, 02:58 AM
EEEEE, she swept the Grammys

**HAPPY**

frodo1511
11-02-2008, 01:09 PM
EEEEE, she swept the Grammys

**HAPPY**

Minus Album of the Year...

I'm just glad Kanye didn't win the big one. His "Stronger" performance was mostly out of frustration imo. His acceptance speech still shat on the losers and he got pissed when the music started playing. Thought it was hilarious when Vince Gill made a funny about how he just got an award from a Beatle, but Kanye has not (yet). Priceless moment.

Mandy
11-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah, but 5/6 wins is fucking awesome.

And yeah, I'm glad Kanye didn't win.

Katielondon
11-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Minus Album of the Year...

I'm just glad Kanye didn't win the big one. His "Stronger" performance was mostly out of frustration imo. His acceptance speech still shat on the losers and he got pissed when the music started playing. Thought it was hilarious when Vince Gill made a funny about how he just got an award from a Beatle, but Kanye has not (yet). Priceless moment.

the only thing Kanye deserves is a gun pointed at his head and the trigger pulled until it goes click i hate the annoying fuckwit.

Mandy
11-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Haha, don't be bashful Katie, tell us how you really feel :p

I think Kanye needs to realise he's not the best thing out there by a long shot. I wouldn't dislike him so much if he wasn't such a cocky bastard.

Ranman
11-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Sorry, but I'll be rooting for Taylor Swift over Amy for the best new artist Grammy tonight.

Yep Taylor Swift should have won, she is a Major HOTTIE and on my todo list

frodo1511
12-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Yep Taylor Swift should have won, she is a Major HOTTIE and on my todo list

stop the presses...ran and I agreed on something again...wow.
I won't try to defend her position, as she's the only country singer I even remotely listen to.

Anyone else think Kanye's performance was a tad out of character? He put a ton of emphasis on key parts in "Stronger" that made it sound like he was aiming for the voters who have "screwed" him out of past Album of the Year awards. Oh well, Daft Punk completely stole the show from him-love those guys.

Katielondon
12-02-2008, 08:10 PM

I think Kanye needs to realise he's not the best thing out there by a long shot. I wouldn't dislike him so much if he wasn't such a cocky bastard.

everytime i hear his voice it irritates me>:(

hasselbrad
12-02-2008, 08:50 PM
the only thing Kanye deserves is a gun pointed at his head and the trigger pulled until it goes click i hate the annoying fuckwit.
I'm starting to think you don't like Kanye West.
:p

Egg-zactly. To my ear, he's just like every other rapper who thinks he's deep and that if something doesn't rhyme, it sounds deeper.
No, it sounds like you are a lyrical midget.
If he's the "best", then he's the turd floating on top of the toilet paper in the Porta-John.

Katielondon
12-02-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm starting to think you don't like Kanye West.
:p

no, i dont, and he did a song with Chris Martin oh how i wish i was in thier studio when they recorded it and had 3 things.

1. diplomatic immunity
2. a large handgun + some red hot pokers
3. a video camera for the hilarious you tube video

im sorry but i dont consider what he does to be great music, i also think he is an egotistical prick who has no right to be because all hes achived is some dull rap with his racist undertones that sound pretty mundane, now im not a huge fan of rap but there are some artists i can give credit where credits due, i think for example 2Pac was a very inteligent man, i also think Eminems style of lyric writing was very good and that alone required enormous talent but i dont give Kanye any respect at all, he can take his stupid ego and his stupid glasses and fuck off.

frodo1511
13-02-2008, 01:10 AM
no, i dont, and he did a song with Chris Martin

Chris Martin, as in lead singer of Coldplay??? How the fuck did the world not implode because of this!?!?1

The only reason I listen to Kanye's music is because I understand what he's saying. Most rappers today just make up gibberish and it sells ks of records. Ugh.

Fuck, Soulja Boy was nominated for a Grammy this year.

GoPre
13-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Kanye is the man, he actually raps about important issues some of the time, instead of guns, drugs and sex. and like Frodo said, you can understand him. Watch the vid for Diamonds from Sierra Leone.

Katielondon
13-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Chris Martin, as in lead singer of Coldplay??? How the fuck did the world not implode because of this!?!?1

The only reason I listen to Kanye's music is because I understand what he's saying. Most rappers today just make up gibberish and it sells ks of records. Ugh.

Fuck, Soulja Boy was nominated for a Grammy this year.

i dont really listen to rap at all but know i dislike Kanyes 'music' is kind of ironic really that the 2 musicians i hate most have released a song together.

frodo1511
14-02-2008, 01:27 AM
Consider us on non-typing terms, Katie...Chris Martin is the fucking man.

Katielondon
14-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Consider us on non-typing terms, Katie...Chris Martin is the fucking man.

the man that should have been aborted?

Leonie
14-02-2008, 06:00 PM
No, just the man. I'm with Frodo on this one ;)

Katielondon
14-02-2008, 08:03 PM
i dont like them, never have, never will but to each thier own, next you two will be telling me Johnny Buckland is a good guitarist :p

frodo1511
15-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, Johnny is no Mike Einziger, but he's still better then me:)

Katielondon
16-02-2008, 03:21 PM
i find his style very dull myself but as i said to each thier own, anyway better go, im off to a concert tonight and have to get ready :D

hasselbrad
29-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Cleared of witness tampering. (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEOPLE_AMY_WINEHOUSE?SITE=NYWNE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)