PDA

View Full Version : Serious About Quitting?

Keira'sChampion
09-08-2007, 03:36 AM
Just read that Keira told Elle Magazine she's considering quitting acting. She feels she can't have a normal life with all the attention she's getting, and is horrified that anorexic girls' groups on the 'net consider her a hero. She lost weight on the set of P of C 3 due to a heavy work schedule. I saw the photo shoot she did in Africa and she does look gaunt. Anyways the Pirates movies must have made her set for life financially so hopefully she can be very selective about the movies she's in and can take more time for herself. She said she just took a trip to Nepal where no one recognised her. She really enjoyed that. If she did quit down the road at least we got to enjoy her work for awhile. Can't blame her for wanting normalcy.

Spartan117warrior
09-08-2007, 03:45 AM
Do you have a link to the Elle magazine article? That is a serious claim by such a woman. Personally (going on that she really feels this way) I'm torn. On one side, she's a incredibly talented actress and quiting would deprive the world of (most) movies actually worth seeing. On the other side she should, and is allowed, to do whatever makes her feel comfortable.

kingdumbass
09-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Nah, it looks as though she was saying that she'd be willing to quit if too much of the tabloid bullshit continued....
She's not quitting.

DanMan
09-08-2007, 04:01 AM
She's not quitting acting any time soon.
All you have to do is follow the rolls she
taking on and scheduled to do, to see
this is not a person quitting. Slowing down
yes probably, quitting and never acting again,
I dont think that will happen right now.
This quitting talk has been rehashed over
and over again since a statement last winter.
You must not put too much stock into magazine
articles that often misquote in order to add
that yellow journalistic shock to sell their rags.

Keira'sChampion
09-08-2007, 04:12 AM
Google Keira Knightley Elle quit and that'll bring up alot of links. The King may be right. Appears she said this back in early May. She's so incredibly talented and looks like Atonement will confirm her as one of the world's best. Would be a shame to end it now when she's doing so well. But if she announced tomorrow she's miserable and can't continue then she should go do what makes her happy. In a business where people constantly grab at the spotlight its great to see someone with a good perspective on what's truly important.

She's not quitting acting any time soon.
All you have to do is follow the rolls she
taking on and scheduled to do, to see
this is not a person quitting. Slowing down
yes probably, quitting and never acting again,
I dont think that will happen right now.
This quitting talk has been rehashed over
and over again since a statement last winter.
You must not put too much stock into magazine
articles that often misquote in order to add
that yellow journalistic shock to sell their rags.

Good point!

michael22
09-08-2007, 06:07 AM
I remember disussion about this around febuary, which she squashed with another move deal so..........

also has anyone slapped you with a glove and carved KK into your ass yet Keira's champion?

Porcelain_Doll
09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
wtf...? Mikey, you're starting to honour your title. :p

I don't really pay that much attention to gossip. Just wanted to say one thing: many actors and actresses have taken breaks from acting; either to go to school (Claire Danes, Natalie Portman, Julia Stiles, for example) or just to rest, do humanitarian/enviromental work or take care of their families.

It's possible that Ms. Knightley perhaps mentioned taking a break and was all blown out of proportion by the media, who "translated" that into quitting.
I think it's quite clear it wouldn't be the first time people are misquoted...or simply reported saying something they didn't.

Keira-PotC
09-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I donīt think that keira will quitting acting. She is so succesful. I think the magazines mix it up.

Idle
09-08-2007, 07:58 PM
What she actually said in that interview was something to the effect that she could possibly see herself giving up acting in about five years time.
Also, if I recall correctly, that she couldn't possibly have kids as things currently are and for that she'd either have to stop or move away.

There was nothing in there indicating that she's going to quit any time soon.

Keira'sChampion
10-08-2007, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE=
also has anyone slapped you with a glove and carved KK into your ass yet Keira's champion?[/QUOTE]

Nah, but as luck would have it my first.and last names also start with a K. Seriously!

DanMan
10-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Nah, but as luck would have it my first.and last names also start with a K. Seriously!

What an inKredible Koincidence. :icon_eplu

hasselbrad
14-08-2007, 04:54 PM
I heard that she decided to try her hand at professional wrestling.
For serious.

Keira lover
15-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Just read that Keira told Elle Magazine she's considering quitting acting. She feels she can't have a normal life with all the attention she's getting, and is horrified that anorexic girls' groups on the 'net consider her a hero. She lost weight on the set of P of C 3 due to a heavy work schedule. I saw the photo shoot she did in Africa and she does look gaunt. Anyways the Pirates movies must have made her set for life financially so hopefully she can be very selective about the movies she's in and can take more time for herself. She said she just took a trip to Nepal where no one recognised her. She really enjoyed that. If she did quit down the road at least we got to enjoy her work for awhile. Can't blame her for wanting normalcy.

A group of Anorexics think Keira is a hero because she lost wait working. That's like bulemics who's hero is a famous person with the flu or something. I have heard everything now.

Keira'sChampion
16-08-2007, 03:15 AM
A group of Anorexics think Keira is a hero because she lost wait working. That's like bulemics who's hero is a famous person with the flu or something. I have heard everything now.

Maybe I didn't write that clearly enough. She said she was very upset that anorexic girls on anorexia related websites considered her a hero. And she's received criticism from people who are very concerned about the influence that very thin celebrities have on anorexic girls. She explained that she has always been naturally thin and that the heavy workload on Pirates 3 made her even thinner. She lost weight. She said she asked a doctor what she would have to do to be a size 12. He replied with her body type she would have to give up exercise and eat junk food. He wasn't recommending that, just saying with her body type it would be difficult to put on weight without really letting herself go. I think she is aware that she is a role model to some and feels a responsibility to present a good image. My guess is that it has been a fad among young women celebrities to get as thin as possible and she got caught up in it. She looked healthy in BILB and wasn't too thin in P&P. Being rail thin isn't very attractive, even for her. Makes me think of concentration camp survivors, just a step from death.

xposd
05-09-2007, 02:32 PM
A lot of twisted things have been said, especially this. She won't be quitting.

KeiraIsFIT
22-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I really wouldnt want Keira to stop acting

cause she's great at it

and she can only get better i hope

maybe a few more movies like Domino and ill be happy

Ranman
22-09-2007, 08:36 PM

I'm sure when she reads this she will do a few more just to make you happy

Digital_Ice
22-09-2007, 10:54 PM

perv :p

Hazzle
24-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes because Keira's breasts are so worth seeing. Thought she was hotter in The Hole and you got to see them there too. Not that they were a particular highlight or anything.

sweet-sacrifice
30-09-2007, 03:35 AM
that sucks i really hope she doesnt:dontknowa

Digital_Ice
30-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Yes because Keira's breasts are so worth seeing. Thought she was hotter in The Hole and you got to see them there too. Not that they were a particular highlight or anything.

pedo :p

and yes i will keep quoting and replying with one word insults beginning we "p" until this thread dies.

Hazzle
30-09-2007, 03:52 PM
pedo :p

Actually I believe Keira was JUST 16 when the movie was released. Mind you release and MAKING are two different things so yeah, I'm sure she was under 16 at that point. Didn't stop her looking hot (and no, I don't mean the incredibly brief, blink-and-you-miss-it scene which I actually did miss). Still think straight long hair suits her best and it did help that the character had a whole sexy minx vamp thing going on. If I were you I wouldn't go around calling anyone a pedo ;).

Digital_Ice
30-09-2007, 10:05 PM
prat :p

well what did you expect? :p lol

Hazzle
30-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I was wondering what word would come next. This could be a fun game...