PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: KKWBBQ 1.0 imminent!

acliff
22-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Good evening to everyone here.
Finally the moment you have been waiting for. The first KKW meeting ever, in the history of the world! What better way to celebrate this unholy union of nerds, than a barbeque of epic proportions? Beer flowing like wine flowing like water, herds of cattle and great flocks of chickens being prepared at this very moment, to supply us with food.
At least thats what the caterers promised.
New caterers, i.e. yourselves will bring canned beer, salmonella ridden food, and some funny smells. However, regardless it should be much laughs, and you get to meet the very people that you've grown to hate.

So far the list goes as follows:
Acliff, Duckula, Olek, Hazzle(speshul guest), Barrington, Liam, Leonie, Meggiehoops(?) and Apoggy's is tagging along too.

So far the confirmed details is probably the 11th of August.
The location is still being found, the general idea is BYOB (bring your own beef/beer) or bring your own Quorn/wine, if you're into that.

Anyone who wants to join us on this momentous event, please post.
More updates and details to come shortly.

apoggy
22-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Yes I'll be paying the immense £3, plus £0.50 booking fee ;), fare to London, so be brave, buy a ticket and invade some quaint little 'ham'let for the eve, you know you want

ryan
22-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Count me as a maybe. I'll have to check with work about the time off but I don't think it will be too much a problem.

Kelsey
22-07-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm calling during the bbq :) Lucky you...

apoggy
22-07-2004, 09:52 PM
So, how many of you other fools are coming?

Spire
23-07-2004, 12:53 AM
I'll just have to hear about the aftermath of this gathering on the 10 o'clock news.

Hazzle
23-07-2004, 01:22 AM
My name's already on the list :D I'm "special"...yes..."special school" type.

frodo1511
23-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Whatever, i'm game.
just name the place, I know when!!!

amishka
23-07-2004, 08:06 AM
yeah ill come too, ill just put my shoes on now and start walking .. :kidding:

Liam
23-07-2004, 10:46 AM
The 11th? Christ.

I get back from Oslo on the 1st so I have 10 days to come up with the fare for the Rosslare-Fishguard ferry, the fare for the Fishguard-London train and 40 odd quid to feed myself.

Also need to blag floorspace at someones house :P

Cliff...Frank...Challenge 2.0 must take place. Ideas?

apoggy
23-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Ive already told frank to acquire some explosives :D

KeirazBabe
23-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Bollocks i'll be on holz :( *wipes tear*.. lol but if i did go i'd be the one with quorn and white wine ;)

xXx

barrington
23-07-2004, 01:47 PM
I told Victoria I'm going to get pissed up for two days without her.
Things are explosive enough already.

acliff
23-07-2004, 05:53 PM
The 11th? Christ.

I get back from Oslo on the 1st so I have 10 days to come up with the fare for the Rosslare-Fishguard ferry, the fare for the Fishguard-London train and 40 odd quid to feed myself.

Also need to blag floorspace at someones house :P

Cliff...Frank...Challenge 2.0 must take place. Ideas?

You and your Oslo. pah. You promised us a year ago that you were going to barbeque for us, and we hold you to that promise. What is there to buy in Oslo anyway? Its not like theres anything good there...

Becks keg'o'beer challenge? 5 litres. Each.

Liam
23-07-2004, 07:09 PM
I'll do my best. I swear.

I hope to buy a viking motorboat in Oslo. Complete with boarding planks and a fuck off big metal spike on the front. I'll call it 'The Bastard'.

I'll BBQ. Its almost a promise, but its not cause I'll feel bad if it falls through.

acliff
23-07-2004, 07:12 PM
If it falls through, I will kill you.
With your own bokken.
How humiliating would that be eh? EH?

Liam
23-07-2004, 07:17 PM
I want that back, you fucking thief :P

I gave you 20 quid for that thing and it was worth 8. Talk about mates rates.

acliff
23-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Worth 8 quid? Fuck off!. The order from the internet for that bokken came to 23 quid, and that was including 2 tsuba things (costing 89 pence each) for me and franky. If anything you gave me too little!
Thief.
Besides, it has red on it.

Liam
23-07-2004, 07:43 PM
*My* red.

Alright, I'll give you 2 pounds. I'll make that 22 actually - still owe for the petrol.

Back on topic. BBQ cretins. You know you want to attend.

Josher
23-07-2004, 07:48 PM
How about we do this in LA :) .

acliff
23-07-2004, 07:52 PM

How about... fuck off??
Seriously, this has been in planning for months and months (not that it shows, due to our extreme disorganisation) and its going to be around me and Duckula. Fitting, because we ARE the greatest. And Lord Barrington is higher than that.
So south west london area.

You can have your own California one if you wish. If I end up strolling through america with Liam, then we'll be sure to visit everyone.

Guido
23-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Nah let's do it in the Netherlands.. ( caus it will be a Quit BBQ :P )

Created By the Dutch boy :icon_spam Spamming Allong The World :P

Just joking :P

Dyce_Blue
23-07-2004, 08:26 PM
A live webcam feed from the bbq would be nice. You know, for all of the yanks who can't attend.

Leonie
23-07-2004, 08:29 PM
How about... fuck off??
Seriously, this has been in planning for months and months (not that it shows, due to our extreme disorganisation) and its going to be around me and Duckula. Fitting, because we ARE the greatest. And Lord Barrington is higher than that.

Fuck off, I got to pick the date :p This is the KKWWTFLeonie´s in LondonBBQ :D

KeirazBabe
23-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Damn you.. cant you move it up to cornwall? lol (i dont live in cornwall obv.. holz)

xXx

Object Of Affection
23-07-2004, 10:17 PM
aWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW,

have it round mine, the most boringnest place in the worlds :icon_popc

I mean we could have it in my back garden which could fit about 10 people.
I've got a hedge 3 chairs a broken swing and un-used shed which we could set on fire with the BBQ

Everyone's invited as long as ya bring BooZE :icon_conf

I'll give ya the directions later.

Hazzle
23-07-2004, 10:42 PM
No no...it's at either Cliff's or Frank's...it's been decided...and at the moment there is the grand total of...one girl coming? C'mon girls...chop chop.

acliff
23-07-2004, 10:45 PM
No no...it's at either Cliff's or Frank's...it's been decided...and at the moment there is the grand total of...one girl coming? C'mon girls...chop chop.

Um, when was that decided? My garden is like a prison cell, whereas Frank's house is ideal. If you like your brugers with sawdust, and love stepping on nails, metal shards, and sitting comfortably on a pile of rocks, glass and brick.

I was thinking by the river, or in a park somewhere. Somewhere fire hazard worthy.

Hazzle
23-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Um, when was that decided?

That was the last theory. Then again...we plan like men...

My garden is like a prison cell, whereas Frank's house is ideal. If you like your brugers with sawdust, and love stepping on nails, metal shards, and sitting comfortably on a pile of rocks, glass and brick.

Aye, I wasn't sure about Frank's building site (thought it may be finished by August 11), and your garden, you say, is unsuitable...

I was thinking by the river, or in a park somewhere. Somewhere fire hazard worthy.

Hmmm...sounds good.

Veejyburger
26-07-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm up for that, 11th August.. midweek thing then? 14th being a saturday

alby
28-07-2004, 08:29 AM

Sure...you're rich. You can host the American counterpart of KKWBBQ. I'll bring the Remy Martin and Saint Luis Rey cigars. :icon_rofl

Dyce_Blue
28-07-2004, 08:26 PM

What if we have the US BBQ in Houston? CollisionStar and I are from Houston, and there are some more from Texas too. Ryan lives in Cincy, Jacoby in NY, you in LA... Texas is central spot between all of those.

Just a thought...

apoggy
28-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Don't you all just wish you were English AND live in England

Hazzle
28-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Course they do as the PROPER KKW bbq will kick arrrrse.

Jacoby
28-07-2004, 11:09 PM
I'll bring the Remy Martin and Saint Luis Rey cigars. :icon_rofl

:) Sounds good! I'll bring the lighter. Then we can split all of our goods.

Kelsey
29-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Don't you all just wish you were English AND live in England

I'm perfectly okay being American, though I do sometimes wish I lived in England. Well, part time. The Cotswalds would be nice, if that's even how you spell it.

hasselbrad
29-07-2004, 11:48 AM
"Don't you all just wish you were English AND live in England"

No offense...but I'm still trying to get my head around the concept of an English barbeque. :rolleyes:
I've had Texas style...Memphis style...Carolina style...and my favorite, Alabama style barbeque, and I just can't imagine what a barbeque in England would be like. I'm sure the company would be warm and friendly...but so would the beer. :icon_guin

duckula
29-07-2004, 12:07 PM
We drink cold beer, good cold beer. I've tried your yanky beer and no matter how cold you get it, it still tastes like piss.

hasselbrad
29-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Hmm. I worked with a woman from England years ago, and she insisted on everything being room temperature...which in Florida, can be 80 degrees.
And yes...you are correct about American beer. Personally, I think it's an efficiency thing. Make the beer out of piss, and then the body doesn't have to process it into piss. And now, with this low carb craze, they make these beers that, I swear to God, taste like club soda out of someone's bladder.
The only American beer I will pay for is Samuel Adams. I drink mostly Canadian beer...when I drink beer.
Bourbon is my poison.

Mags
29-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Hmm...

/me checks the cost of a flight to England. Christ... $782.60...for...5 days, which is probably the most I can take off work...add to that the $400 I wouldnt' make because I wasn't working, and then probably another...$500 spending money, and that's already more than $1600...Seems out of the cards for me. Unless one of you kind blokes wants to buy me a ticket...and convicne my boss to pay me for the days I don't work...oh well. I will simply lament my misfortune on the appointed day and perhaps get drunk by myself at home.

Hazzle
30-07-2004, 12:45 AM
What Ducky said bout beer...England...bestest...evarrr...nuff said.

I mean me, Ducky, Frank, Cliff, Bazzle, Poggs, and Liam...how could this BBQ be ANYTHING but the bestest?!

alby
30-07-2004, 03:17 AM
:) Sounds good! I'll bring the lighter. Then we can split all of our goods.

The only thing you'd bring is a lighter? LOL!

Don't you all just wish you were English AND live in England.

Nope, I like California.

Besides, there's no place in the world, aside from America, where the pizza delivery boy can arrive at your house before the ambulance would. ::laughs:: :err:

Hazzle
30-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Besides, there's no place in the world, aside from America, where the pizza delivery boy can arrive at your house before the ambulance would. ::laughs:: :err:

Hehe...much as I love the NHS, during the day you're probably better off walking to Hospital than waiting for an ambulance...less so at night.

(Just to be clear, I'm not pissing on paramedics...they saved my mum's life once so I wouldn't do that...just that we were lucky that it was the early hours of the morning ;))

duckula
08-08-2004, 11:05 PM
The time is nearly upon us and we don't know who is coming and where it will be.

On location there is a good chance we can use my slightly broken house in the afternoon (retire to a local drinking establishment for the evening).

We will need food, drink and a barbeque, that is if anyone is still coming.

Sound off all attendees.

apoggy
08-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Im definately coming, evrything is booked and i'm itching to sit on a coach for near to 5 hours.

acliff
08-08-2004, 11:18 PM
The time is nearly upon us and we don't know who is coming and where it will be.

On location there is a good chance we can use my slightly broken house in the afternoon (retire to a local drinking establishment for the evening).

We will need food, drink and a barbeque, that is if anyone is still coming.

Sound off all attendees.

At very worst, we can buy those disposable bbqs and get 12packs of aberdeen angus quarter pounders. +beer.

barrington
08-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Not entirely sure if I'm going to be in attendance at the party of the century.
Money's a bit of a cunt at the moment, I owe my parents about ten times what I've got and trying desperately to save for University to stop myself being destitute.

More as I have it.

Hazzle
09-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Of course I'm coming...The Hazzle would be SORELY missed and the BBQ would no longer be the Party of the Century (I make it look good :p) if I didn't...I have an obligation to my people :D

But once I fail my exams due to not revising (first one is about 6 days after the BBQ...gg) I shall probably have to slave at SEVERAL dead end jobs, working all hours God sends, my career in tatters, and I shall never again be able to attend another KKW meet...so all you lovely people out there best fucking come or you may well miss your one and only chance to meet the legendary Haz. :(

Richard
09-08-2004, 06:51 PM
I shall dismiss the KKWBBQ this time, is this the only one?

Besides, I have a rather bad feeling you brits might try and poison us. Usually events such as this turn out ok for the first couple of hours, but then with legendary Haz there... the massacre...

Make sure and take pics. It'll last longer.

Hazzle
10-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Usually events such as this turn out ok for the first couple of hours, but then with legendary Haz there... the massacre...

Oh the horror!

Well sadly it seems the numbers have dwindled and died...most likely as a result of my confirming I'd be there...sorry...but KKWBBQ will still, it seems, go ahead...it's like a juggernaut and nothing can stop it...not even if Saddam gatecrashed or if we saw a 747, piloted by Osama himself, headed right for us would we allow ourselves to be drawn away from the true path of KKWBBQ.

Pictures MAY follow...if of course my ugly mug doesn't cause breakage to the lens. Then again I suppose I could just steer well clear of anyone and thereby avoid the pictures and the annoyance of others in one go :icon_mecr

Mandy
10-08-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm guessing that whole plan of you guys coming to the states has flushed down the shitters, eh?

We could have our own in the states. Me, Ash, Magz and whoever else wants to come. Ash actually lives like 30 minutes away from me. Still never met her.

Hazzle
10-08-2004, 01:07 AM
I'm guessing that whole plan of you guys coming to the states has flushed down the shitters, eh?

Money will dictate that...I for one would still love to :p

We could have our own in the states. Me, Ash, Magz and whoever else wants to come. Ash actually lives like 30 minutes away from me. Still never met her.

You should...we want pictures...lots of drunken naked debauchery by the American KKW ladies...arrrrr.

Mags
10-08-2004, 02:33 AM
Christ...I can't get to Kansas...you folks should come to Denton. We'll kick my roommate out and get shitfaced.

rahr

(That is of course assuming I have enough money to go back to school, and if I don't, I should have plenty for booze)

acliff
10-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Today is all kicks off.

I go into london, do some shopping.
Meet Leonie at 1. Joyous days.

Meet Apoggy at 3:30ish. Day gets worse.
Perhaps even Haz. omfg kill me.

Drinking commences, much merriment, then back to teddington etc, for more drinking, this time with Olek and Duckula.

Tomorrow is another day, hopefully the sun will be out....

tita*
10-08-2004, 11:21 PM
You are all bastards.

acliff
10-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Now if you were on MSN, then we could talk about why we're all bastards. Or you could fly out here tomorrow, and then we could discuss it in person ;)

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 01:39 AM
The day pretty much was for Cliff as he planned it...sadly for him, yes he DID have to contend with meeting me...the "Haz not welcome" signs didn't work...shame as he went to so much effort with the crayons and everything :p

Seriously...merriment was had...more so at the pub...but tomorrow I suspect is when major funness will occur...Olek seemed a funny chap...interesting and intelligent...gg...and Ducky was...well...Ducky...and we love him for it :D

I was smelly...but nothing new...Poggs was remarkably funnier in real life...and Cliff again proved why he's so much wittier online ;)

Til tomorrow then...what odds do I get that I shan't be welcome when I turn up?

acliff
12-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Til tomorrow then...what odds do I get that I shan't be welcome when I turn up?

With the benefit of hindsight? :P

The first KKW BBQ is over. People missing from the BBQ left right and centre, Notably, Liam, Barrington, Leonie (who's friend's family thought we might be crazy axe murdering stalkers.... where did they get that idea *sharpens knife*), meggiehoops, Ryan, and co.

However it was pretty amusing time, Apoggy isn't the most terrible person in the world, and yes Haz does smell bad in real life. And I broke a plate by dropping a wooden sword on it. gg damage control.

Apoggy was a well mannered guest, my mother didn't stab him, which is a shame... theres not enough meat in the fridge. Theres always next time.

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Hehe...yes...the showing off didn't quite come off for Cliffeh...dropped Ducky's bokken whilst being his usual cocky self and broke a PRICELESS plate ;)

Fun was had...that is, when I kept my mouth shut :p

Meat was eaten...much...beer was drunk...not so much...but largely because Ducky and Cliff were such pussies about it...we went to a pub afterwards and they have COKE...pussies!

Hilarity was prevalent...Olek was a remarkably funny and interesting guy...Poggs was remarkably quite intelligent for a northerner...that is he knew how to string a basic sentence together :p And Veejy turned up and brought sun...although the sight of Ducky under an umbrella eating BBQ was the best image from the BBQ apart from Cliff's plate breaking antics...very British BBQ image was that...gg Ducky.

We did some high class research at The Anglers AKA Keirapub (as Cliff's christened it), a fair bit of bird watching and discussions about structural engineering and bras pervaded the afternoon...that and other manly topics like jets and supersonic flight...ARRR...so much manliness...yes...amazingly...even my negative MQ (Manliness Quotient) didn't drag down the HUGE MQ spike with the legendary triumvate of Cliff, Ducky and Olek. Shame on you Liam and Baz especially...FOR SHAME :p

That's a rather poor attempt at a summary, but I fucking wrote it so what does one expect? I'm sure when Cliff can be arsed he'll write us up a funny report :icon_poke

apoggy
12-08-2004, 10:18 PM
I Just arrived home thoroughly tired out, I'll write more another time when my eyes aren't aided by matchsticks. One thing I would like to say is that Cliff's mum loves guests, feeds them well and puts Keira Knightley posters up in his room when cleaning it ;)

EmotionSickness
12-08-2004, 10:28 PM
So, do y'all have any pictures for the rest of us, or what? Surely you took pictures!

acliff
12-08-2004, 10:34 PM
I know y'all want pictures of me, but unfortunately due to the hideous sight of Haz, the charge in my camera battery ran away with my disregard for people's aesthetic senses.
I did manage to take the one picture, which I will post shortly :P

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah...I seem to have that effect on cameras...

Actually far too much fun was had to be bothering with taking pictures for you lot who couldn't be arsed coming...no I don't care that you're in the states...no bloody excuse...we have planes :p

As for those of you much closer to home who didn't come...you REALLY have some explaining to do :D

acliff
12-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Photo as promised, something infinitely more palatable and tasteful than Haz:

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cl2103/meat/bbq.jpg

And there was Apoggy thinking that it was a picture of him while he was sleeping, in compromising positions (tea bagging and bismarking). I owe him enough not to show those :err:

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah...we saved that bit of the burger for "someone"...we forgot to post it to him...DAMN!

EmotionSickness
12-08-2004, 11:21 PM
I really did want to come, Haz ... I swear! But, I looked it up (when I first heard about it), and a round trip ticket to pretty much anywhere in jolly old England from Houston, TX would have ran me around $900 and, to put it blunty, that's money I just don't have right now (in between paying for my new car and saving for college). Did anyone that isn't native to the UK/Europe come?

As for being too busy/having too much fun to take some piccies -- I can understand, but snapping photographs is like a second nature for me. At a formal gathering, with friends, whatever, I whip the cam out (I guess it's the girly girl in me).

Ohh well. There's always next year. Maybe I'll be wealthy enough by then. :p

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I really did want to come, Haz ... I swear! But, I looked it up (when I first heard about it), and a round trip ticket to pretty much anywhere in jolly old England from Houston, TX would have ran me around $900 and, to put it blunty, that's money I just don't have right now (in between paying for my new car and saving for college). Did anyone that isn't native to the UK/Europe come?

Oh no...don't think you're getting round me that easy missy...oh wait...you're right...noone who isn't native to the UK...let alone Europe...did come...was just us English folk...does Cliff's Koreaness count?! No...didn't think so...bah!

As for being too busy/having too much fun to take some piccies -- I can understand, but snapping photographs is like a second nature for me. At a formal gathering, with friends, whatever, I whip the cam out (I guess it's the girly girl in me).

Yah...and we coulda done with a girl or two too...I mean I know I'm pretty hideous looking and smell but if the guys could stomach it, why couldn't you girlies? :p

Ohh well. There's always next year. Maybe I'll be wealthy enough by then. :p

Damn straight...we want some bloody girls to come next time...hey if you get enough girls to come I'll even promise NOT to attend...can't say fairer than that ;)

acliff
12-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Who said I could stomach it?
And yes, more women. We need a couple of MQ outlets to improve the whole experience. Next time, we'll be more organised, with the aim to stop Haz from coming...