PDA

View Full Version : Poll:The best role that has been played by Keira

Maxim
09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
To your opinion - That personage was better interpreted by her.
Surely his portfolio is much wider but we will concentrate in principal and secondary rolls to today.

Calipso
09-06-2007, 08:59 PM
POC, i voted

Ranman
09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Where's queen Amedala's bodyguard? The phantom menace is my fave LOL

Calipso
09-06-2007, 10:23 PM
ohhh yes, missing

Digital_Ice
09-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Not any more it isnt!
Though you are missing quite a few possible options.

Also, why is it possible to vote for more than one? Doesn't that defeat the object of "best"

Mandy
09-06-2007, 10:59 PM
I hate that people are voting for Elizabeth since it's obviously the more popular character at the moment. Any person with theatrical abilities and appreciation would know that it's not her best performance.

I voted P&P...loved her in it.

Calipso
10-06-2007, 12:03 AM
people forgot the other movies , but i think now Elizabeth is the best..

Digital_Ice
10-06-2007, 01:04 AM
well its a rather biased poll if you only give movies you like as the options.

allied_assult
10-06-2007, 02:44 AM
Since Lara's not in there I'll vote for Lizzie Bennet

kingdumbass
10-06-2007, 05:05 AM
Domino, damnit....
The boldest thing she's ever done. I just watched it the other night on HBO.

It's too bad Miss Knightley will probably never have the balls to do something that interesting again.

Fiirdraak
10-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Elizabeth's character has certainly developed since the first POTC, where she was more like an innocent girl in trouble and needed to be saved. In the third she was much darker character and the one who saved others. I liked the development allthough it first surprised me that she was also one who shifted between a good girl and a betrayer.

Saw the Jacket yesterday and I liked the character of Jackie Price too. It was different from the others I have seen and certainly the darkest of the ones I've seen. Plus it was interesting to hear her speak with the more American dialect (actually it was a British and American mix). Nice job! Thumbs up.

x.keirafan.x
10-06-2007, 01:38 PM
It was hard to choose for me but i did i chose elizabeth swann.

Surprize
11-06-2007, 04:31 AM
It was hard to choose for me but i did i chose elizabeth swann.
Yes, for me it was hard too 'cause I like very much her role of Lizzie Bennet in P & P, but I voted Swan.

shiva
11-06-2007, 04:44 AM
Since Lara's not in there I'll vote for Lizzie Bennet

likewise. i think dr. zhivago has been her best performance yet

mongoose
11-06-2007, 06:37 AM
POTC is too recent, and she is besides J.Depp and O.Bloom main character, so this falls out. I haven't seen P&P yet, so my opinion is Jules Paxton

hasselbrad
11-06-2007, 01:07 PM
You missed Lara in Dr. Zhivago. And, Louise in Pure.
Two excellent pieces of acting, not to mention Frankie in The Hole.

I voted for Elizabeth Swann because I really enjoy watching her play this role. Perhaps my love for the films colors my opinion, but it's a role that I've genuinely enjoyed watching her grow into and expand.
I voted for Domino Harvey because she knocked it out of the park. A complete reversal from pretty much everything she had done up to that point.
I voted for Lizzie Bennett because she was incredible in that role. And, because she managed to play it so well after walking directly off the set of Domino.

Mandy
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
You can vote for three?!

hasselbrad
11-06-2007, 03:31 PM
You can vote for three?!

Yeah...kind of like Chicago during the first Daley days.
"Vote early...vote often."

Leonie
11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm going to be a pain in the arse and point out that she did Pride & Prejudice prior to Domino, not the other way around :icon_razz

hasselbrad
11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm going to be a pain in the arse and point out that she did Pride & Prejudice prior to Domino, not the other way around :icon_razz

You, as always, are correct. I think we should start calling you IMDBpro. :p
They wrapped P&P on October 1 and she started filming Domino on October 4.
Still a remarkable transformation in a very short amount of time.

server700
13-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I voted Ginevra, Bend It Like Beckam and Elizabeth Swan, because they're the only film i've seen, but i'm sure that her interpretation is the best in anyfilm..

logan13xx
13-06-2007, 08:05 PM
pirates all the way.

SAYA
14-06-2007, 02:11 PM
:icon_smil I loved her in p&p
________
Park Royal Condos Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

helen d melon
14-06-2007, 03:49 PM
i voted for bend it like beckham, it puts 2 of my favourite things together.. Keira and footie :P.. oh and i voted for domino too.. :D

Digital_Ice
15-06-2007, 01:38 AM
oh and i voted for domino too.. :D

thus proving my point about how stupid this poll is. How can she have two *best* roles?

MishanyaMSKK
15-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I voted for PoC, but I could vote for Jackie(The Jacket) and for the Guinevere(King Arthur)...

Porcelain_Doll
15-06-2007, 03:20 PM
thus proving my point about how stupid this poll is. How can she have two *best* roles?

This poll will be obviously biased, like Mandy said, seeing as AWE just came out and everyone's so giddy about it.

Maybe the title is just wrong, it should be more "vote for Keira's greatest performances" or "which do you think were the most striking of all these?".
I voted for P&P, I adore that movie (which is very weird, seeing as I hate romantic movies and usually like a little morbid twist in them, apart from all the mushiness); but also think "Domino" was quite a performance, it demanded a lot from her and she was thoroughly convincing as a kick ass fearles hunter; clashes with reality and bad haircut (which I actually liked, a LOT) aside.

Then again, I haven't seen Pure, Dr. Zhivago, nor The Jacket; for the simple reasons that they haven't arrived here in the shape of a goddamn dvd. I'll have to look them up, but til then I stand by this statement.

/ends speech.

Maxim
15-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Maybe the title is just wrong, it should be more "vote for Keira's greatest performances" or "which do you think were the most striking of all these?".

Thanks for correcting me, really.

A pair of phrases in with regard to the poll.
The poll demonstrates us a clear thing - the professionalism of Keira is on the increase, proportionally to its popularity. Nevertheless this poll covers only a small part of the whole artistic potential that Kei takes as an actress.

And other thanks to all for take part and leaving yours opinions.

Lizzy Bennet
18-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I voted for Pride&Prejudice, i just love it s much, the movie and how Keira played Lizzy. Adorable!

I Luv Keira
20-06-2007, 11:49 AM
This poll is stupid.

I voted for one, lol.

My vote goes to Pride & Prejudice, I can't believe I actually love this film, still havn't gotten to the book yet though...one day. Best love film I have ever seen I think, better than Titanic, I felt these two film.

But I also like Domino, she was brave to take that role, but unfortunatley I don't think we''ll see her in that sort of role again. And a damn hot haircut, ugly tatoo mind.

guitaristt
20-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Hmm maybe,but......:dontknowa

Calipso
20-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Stop Spamming !!!

Chelsss
20-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I voted Elizabeth Swann. I love all of her characters really, but that is by far my favorite.

Oh, and trilogy is spelled with one 'l'.

Calipso
21-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Anorexia ... good signature.

I voted in POC , now is the best.

Good night

Frank0756
21-06-2007, 09:50 PM
It hasnít been an easy choice because I love her in any her film I had seen but Iíve voted for Pride and Prejudice.

space_boy89
22-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I voted to potc.I like Elizabeth Swann's character.Because she is brave,self-confidence,intelligent and leader.
İn short,She has everything for a person,to be possible.

lady_kath
24-06-2007, 09:23 AM
I voted P&P, because not only was she GORGEOUS in the role, she really brought it to life. And me, being as annoyingly silly as I am, didn't realise it was a multiple choice poll.

Although if this was posted after Atonement, I would have voted for Cecilia, because I just know Keira's gone kick ass and be perfect for the role. The description of Cecilia in the book could have been written about Keira.

Tealkittykatt
27-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I liked her best in pride and prejudice:icon_lurk

subjugate
28-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Miss/Mrs swann

meegaan1
28-06-2007, 04:41 AM
What the fork? One of my favorite roles of hers is missing! Did you forget Lara Antipova from Dr. Zhivago? I cry almost every time I watch that movie.
I'm torn between Lara Antipova and Lizzie Bennett. She was just.......beatifically stunning in those movies, and I honesltly didn't know that movies were made that well anymore.

maddiebabe91
29-06-2007, 10:56 AM
well it appears that you can vote more then once so i voted for jules (in bend it like beckham) and elizabeth (potc)

hahah thats funny she has played characters with both of those names twice!

why is everyone insulting this pole... i think its a good idea!

mongoose
03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey screw you guys. Why can I vote only 1 and the rest more times. This is discrimination.

summer_dreams.
09-07-2007, 05:00 AM
I cant wait to see her performance in The Best Time of Our Lives or The Edge of Love, i think that may be her best performance.

sweet-sacrifice
30-09-2007, 03:45 AM
i love all her movies, but POC for sure!!!

Digital_Ice
30-09-2007, 05:37 AM
POC

WTB 1 x "the"

oh god i need to stop playing WoW.