PDA

View Full Version : greetings and hello, new here

tiger
05-06-2007, 05:48 AM
hey guys, this is Najeeb. was browsing / surfing came accross this. i am a programmer / coder in real life , they say that the art of coding is the art of simplifying complexity, to me programming is an art - and similar to an artist's paint brush the programmer's paint brush is mathematics and programming languages. software to me, is art. just that some are better than others. 26 years old , divorced recently - just a long sad story - so I am trying to goof around spend some time trying to make friends at some random community.

I guess I should leave that as an introduction. i enjoyed the POTC movie, I really enjoyed the story line. That's about it.

x.keirafan.x
05-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Nice to meet you im jade im 14. Im a little young. But i hope you have read the rules.

Urbanebula
05-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi. I need a coder for the game I'm working on... :wave:

Leonie
05-06-2007, 09:50 AM
hiya - welcome to KKW :)

Foeni
05-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi there.

tiger
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Unbanebula, you just can't blunty say "I need a programmer to work on"
Most professional programmers/engineers don't have time, or busy making their own projects. But if you are looking for someone from college kids there are many gaming forums/communities, I worked indirectly with Valhalla Legends and Team Stealth. Look for dt in gaming magazines you will find my name. The current LDK used by Blizzard for the modified SC and probably SC2 releasing next year was one of my original designs. Area of concentration is network programming, though mostly what I do is open socket coding; recently got hogged by a Microsoft Gold Wing Engineering Team, and now develop Medical Software. [ I am not saying I like Microsoft, because I don't - but a job's a job ]

If you are looking for a graphics programmer you might want to check opengl.org, if you are looking for hex decoders try bwhacks.com [but be careful] - they made blizzard go through hell before Jaan Ashur did a lot of cleaning. If you are looking for solid network coders try wgtour.com [look for Illintar only] and valhallalegends.com or team stealth. And if you need something like php / servlet / cgi related try gosugamers.net and clan-sl.com and if you are looking to make a compiler engine / lexical analyzer for an AI programmer hmm, -.- do it yourself ! because if the coder decides to quit your project you won't be able to catch up with all the details. I will stop my ... ramblings -

All seem like a friendly bunch here, so I will stick around a bit. Leonie I was checking your picture gallery on your website, your pan cake picture cracked me up. ;]

Jade you are 14 today and will be 26 tomorrow ! I still feel like a 12 year old, or a 400 years old trapped inside the body of a 26 years old. :P

Feoni a hello to you too.

Urbanebula
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Woah, sorry mate. I was actually messing around. I've already a couple of coders working on it. :)

tiger
05-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Editing the above post. The technical blabbering will put most people in this forum to sleep. But anyhow what game are you making ? Do you have a demo ?

Sorry? For what? It's quite ok to "mess around" :) and it's also quite ok to look for people for your project, when you are developing your own "stuff" its always exciting - so get those fingers moving ;] Will be glad to check it out. and be careful with those dll injectors, there is always half a dozen idiots out there to ruin your project when it starts to catch attention.

We as programmers "brag" more than we should - but that's the general trend of techies as "diestra" said "we are but, humble programmers" ofcourse I always say when you code enough codes in Cache everything start to look like a thumb ;]

Woah, sorry mate. I was actually messing around. I've already a couple of coders working on it. :)

Porcelain_Doll
05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
sleep? nah, just scroll down the page. :p

Anyway, you'll be real popular once Ice sees this. You two would make lovely cyber babies.

Digital_Ice
05-06-2007, 11:29 PM
nobody out-geeks teh ice.

urb, if you want to blatantly advertise OIFH without getting yelled at, start a subtle thread about games and shit. lol.

Porcelain_Doll
05-06-2007, 11:44 PM

in computer shit, you mean.
You still haven't discussed literature with me, luv. Or philosophy. Or history. Get into Central Europe's historical realms and you're in my arena. Talk about PCs and I'm dozing off before you know it. That is the rule of the Universe.

And I'm rambling. :icon_spam (always wanted to use that icon, mwaha)

tiger
05-06-2007, 11:44 PM
whatever Digital_Ice says, MUST be true ! -.-

yeah Porcelain D, see according to programmers 99.99% people are idiots, only they are smartest people in the world. [ I don't expect you to understand ... :P ]

urb, if you want to blatantly advertise OIFH without getting yelled at, start a subtle thread about games and shit. lol.

Porcelain_Doll
05-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Careful, tiger. Don't piss me off. I'm not nice.

And don't piss off Ice either. He's not nice either. But I'm less nice...only he's got more power here. :p

tiger
05-06-2007, 11:54 PM
omg, just before i was going to say I could be your new best friend. there are those who do fall in the 0.01% my second paragraph should be more flattering to you than the first one. [ read carefully there is plenty of sarcasm in it as well ] - just take a good laff.

there is only so much an md5 encryption on a php page can get you for power ;) but i am actually quite harmless and sober.

Digital_Ice
06-06-2007, 12:04 AM
its not admin powers you want to watch out for.

tiger
06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
omg, just before i was going to say I could be your new best friend. there are those who do fall in the 0.01% my second paragraph should be more flattering to you than the first one. [ read carefully there is plenty of sarcasm in it as well ] - just take a good laff.

there is only so much an md5 encryption on a php page can get you for power ;) but i am actually quite harmless and sober.

p.s was going through your blog. nice writings. "Letter From Me To Me (http://likethespidersweb.blogspot.com/2007/06/on-may-7-i-remembered-something-too.html) " and reading it ...

Urbanebula
06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Urb, if you want to blatantly advertise OIFH without getting yelled at, start a subtle thread about games and shit. lol.

What? Who said I was trying to advertise OIFH? Just because of its immense brilliance it's not like its going to stand forever as a shining beacon of Half-Life modification endevour.

Woah, we seem to have shot off topic somewhere.

[ON TOPIC]

Hi Tiger. :D

Porcelain_Doll
06-06-2007, 12:08 AM
geek fight!

Got my cheerleader costume ready and all. Just tell me who to cheer for. ;)

Now that's not nice. Stop editing each of your posts, it's not good for the flow of the conversation. And thank you. :)

Digital_Ice
06-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Got my cheerleader costume ready and all. Just tell me who to cheer for. ;)

me. of course!

(hmm... cheerleader costume eh? is your cam on?)

tiger
06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Digital_ICE :icon_popc I am so pwned now.

Urbanebula /ignore cgi/php scriptors :P you will be saving time. But I actually complement them for caring about ANNOYING admin work so I forgive them.

www.clan-sl.com (http://www.clan-sl.com) , [for digital_ice] one of my friend's site since you seem to be keen in web designing, though he mostly codes C++ / database modules or last time I checked he was doing so. I personally prefer doing what I do using servlets, mostly because you can have dynamic applet contents and integrate with AJAX. Also servlets/JSP are stronger to use than cgi, just my opinion because you can have a front end say a chat engine like msn and use the dynamic http manupulation via embedded apache into tomcat. But web design is something I used to do back in high school some 9 years ago.

My current profession, I develop medical software.

Porcelain_Doll
06-06-2007, 12:28 AM
me. of course!

(hmm... cheerleader costume eh? is your cam on?)

Yes, but I'm getting ready to take a shower, so don't get your hopes up. :p.

And Mr. Tiger...stop fucking editing your posts. Really, it's annoying. Not to mention seemingly insecure...

tiger
06-06-2007, 12:32 AM
heading to downtown, thanks for the time. it was fun. i was actually editing my post to make sure our sensitive man, wouldn't feel bad - I respect how people feel.

by the way :P I really could care less about your cheerleading . i think i would frankly get bored - if you read my first post i just went through a divorce - kinda anti women immuned. thinking of xyz related makes me sick which probably also explains some of the ramblings.

but it actually might cheer up the other side of the crow ... d ? [ one man army ] ;] show 'em champ ! ;]

Porcelain_Doll
06-06-2007, 12:42 AM
sarcasm never killed anyone. Now if you please, we've had several annoyingly pompous members in the past. It didn't end well.

Digital_Ice
06-06-2007, 12:46 AM
jesus christ your a pretentious git arn't you?

tiger
06-06-2007, 12:51 AM
-.- sarcasm. omg. how did you even get there ?

i can easily cry in a pity pot, "I am jus a sensitive , emotional man" - but I will leave the humor tag to myself. ;]

I just speak my mind. I mean no harm - but I don't think my words are causiing harm. If I was screwing around I'd probably start taking a different name tag by now "PorcelainD_fan_club" - ehm. :icon_popc

p.s. "Remember, I love you forever, Me." - and I am the one with the sarcasm ? I am sarcasm. ;] nice posts tho. keep it up.

sarcasm never killed anyone. Now if you please, we've had several annoyingly pompous members in the past. It didn't end well.

Porcelain_Doll
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
listen to me, you fucking retard. Make fun of whatever you wish, but say a word about what I write and you are dead.

Continue proving yourself a pathetic self absorbed git, by misspelling every word and considering yourself above others.

Truly, we are having quite a laugh, here. Go ahead, carry on. But don't you dare make fun of what I write.

No wonder your wife left you. Who wouldn't?

Digital_Ice
06-06-2007, 12:56 AM
ok, this thread is just one big flaming match now.