PDA

View Full Version : Is Keira Dyslexic???

Rav - T
21-07-2004, 10:04 AM
I read on a website somewhere that Keira is Dyslexic (can't read medical condition nothin to do with intellect) but i don't think it's true because she sorta has to read the scripts but anyway what do you think???

Narg
21-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Yes, but she has ovecome her dyslexia, its still difficult for her at times, just takes longer for her to read things. Shes a terrible writer tho, well, thats what she says, perhaps just being modest to a degree.

Glare
21-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I suffered from dysleixia most of my life, I am slowly getting over it though, its not the best thing in the world to have when going to school, I guess I was lucky to be good looking. ;)

Becca1983
21-07-2004, 10:26 AM
I was born with Dyslexia. I had a stressful birth and my father has it and that is why I have it. Dyslexia is just a learning disability. We usually have trouble with reading, maths, and english. We put things around the wrong way when we probably know that it goes the other way. There are so many people who have small minds and think that we are retards but we are not - one of the most brainy people had dyslexia - Albert Einstein. To me it seems that Keira does't have it too bad, like me as she's bright but just has had trouble with her education at school. She says she reads alot and I have found that helps alot. My dyslexia isn't as bad when I am reading all the time. We see things in different ways which can also make us excellent Forensic people.
Sometimes it just takes us longer to understand something than most people but WE ARE NOT STUPID!!!!

Flightfreak
21-07-2004, 10:43 AM
I have something like dyslexia, (disortografia) I have no problem with reading, i read like the best, but I have a problem with writhing, I can't Wright whit out faults.

hasselbrad
21-07-2004, 11:59 AM
I can read and write with no problem. It's numbers that trip me up. For instance, I can look at a cost code at work, and mouth the cost correctly, but still write it down wrong. I've always had problems with math, and I think this is the root of the problem.

EmotionSickness
21-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Despite popular belief, Keira did not have a very severe case of dyslexia. It was pretty mild, actually. Her brother, on the other hand, has it much, much worse I've heard.

Sarah
21-07-2004, 06:02 PM
With me, the whole Keira and dyslexia issue starts an argument. Someone with dyslexia couldn't get straight As in GCSE. It just wouldn't happen! So Keira must have had very very mild dyslexia. As EmotionSickness has said.

J'Adore
21-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Doesn't she say something like she got over it at 11 in her new Cosmo interview? Maybe I misunderstood :icon_conf

AKIRA
21-07-2004, 07:45 PM
i was born with it i had well have problems with reading maths and english and i have got some attention disorder aswell which was a bitch at school

DesignatedJerk
22-07-2004, 02:30 AM
I diddn't hear this news. but if she is, I must give her all the credit in the world that she turned out the way she did with her learning dissability. I really give her her props.

Richard
22-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Clearly you guys airn't looking hard enough. The first thing I found out about Keira was her dyslexia. I'm glad she overcame it, otherwise she'd be in the wrong business.

DragonRat
22-07-2004, 04:20 AM
Actually, I heard somewhere that she reads screenplays much better than any other form of literature. In which case, she is in the right business.

Hazzle
23-07-2004, 12:37 AM
She had it, it was mild, she overcame it, and yes, I believe Caleb had it much worse. I have always wondered if dyslexia affects one's ability to read music too...

acliff
23-07-2004, 12:53 AM
She had it, it was mild, she overcame it, and yes, I believe Caleb had it much worse. I have always wondered if dyslexia affects one's ability to read music too...

I don't think it does... music generally uses different brain functions than reading words. Musical score is visual, in relation to each other, and also combines rhythm into the equation. Whereas with reading words, not only does it require character recognition, it requires the ability to form the character sequence and recognise it. Its this link that is at fault. Music doesn't touch this at all.
I think its linked to the same process which explains why people who stutter, can sing perfectly fine, even if they are singing the same words they're trying to say.

Hazzle
23-07-2004, 01:23 AM
I don't think it does... music generally uses different brain functions than reading words. Musical score is visual, in relation to each other, and also combines rhythm into the equation. Whereas with reading words, not only does it require character recognition, it requires the ability to form the character sequence and recognise it. Its this link that is at fault. Music doesn't touch this at all.
I think its linked to the same process which explains why people who stutter, can sing perfectly fine, even if they are singing the same words they're trying to say.

Aye, that's what I thought. Probably why he's found his calling in music then...jolly good.

Guido
24-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm mildly Dyslectic myself...
but being dyslectic doesnt mean that u cant sing or talk normally..
u normally arent as good in picking up new languanges and not as good in spelling words..
they also have the nasty behaviour if turning the b to the d etc. etc.
my little brother is even more dyslectic and u wouldn't notice that he is dyslectic at all..
but is she officially declared dyslectic or is it too mild...
caus in the netherlands you will be examined and tested iff you fail or do very bad you get a declaration that you are dyslectic...

and my english isn't that bad...is it?

keira loves lipgloss
24-07-2004, 02:22 PM
she said her biggest word was marmalade

Hazzle
25-07-2004, 02:54 AM
I'm mildly Dyslectic myself...
but being dyslectic doesnt mean that u cant sing or talk normally..
u normally arent as good in picking up new languanges and not as good in spelling words..
they also have the nasty behaviour if turning the b to the d etc. etc.
my little brother is even more dyslectic and u wouldn't notice that he is dyslectic at all..
but is she officially declared dyslectic or is it too mild...
caus in the netherlands you will be examined and tested iff you fail or do very bad you get a declaration that you are dyslectic...

and my english isn't that bad...is it?

It is, but I doubt that has much to do with the dyslexia and more probably because it's your second language...but hey, y'know, at least you make an effort. Do avoid the netspeak though, eh? No "u", I know it's easier, but sorry...rules are rules.

And yeah, I know dyslexia doesn't affect how well you speak etc...one of my closest mates is dyslexic and you'd never know...it's just I thought reading music might be like reading full stop...

Sarah
25-07-2004, 11:20 AM
From the horse's mouth: Taken from the Hello magazine, full interview up on Paul's excellent site http://www.keiraweb.com

- Is it true you suffered from dyslexia?
- Not exactly. But when I was six they discovered that I couldn't read at all and even at that age I wanted to get into acting. So my mum took me aside and said 'Okay, if you come to me all through the summer holidays with a book in your hand and a smile on your face, then at the end of it I'll gEt you an agent.' So I did and I got an agent at the end of it and then we worked very hard for the next few years. By the time I was 11 I'd conquered my reading difficulty. It's never been a problem since, although I never liked school much and left as soon as I could.

Shanchu
13-08-2004, 04:48 AM
I have aspergers syndrome a learning disability where ists harder for me to learn I really do have aspergers Im just saying this because of the topic of learning Disabilitys

japass
16-08-2004, 07:46 PM
i am quite dislesxic (see i cant speel) and have adhd yet got fours in my sats and i is not so bad u have two have help and that is embaressing but i am now pre bicted streight bs in gcses so it is not a bad thing

Kate_Kingsbury
20-08-2004, 10:08 AM
With me, the whole Keira and dyslexia issue starts an argument. Someone with dyslexia couldn't get straight As in GCSE. It just wouldn't happen! So Keira must have had very very mild dyslexia. As EmotionSickness has said.

despite the fact she can now read scripts she used to have it and was born with a learning disorder and she overcame it by about secondry school, as her parents helped her (and made a deal with her about reading for an hour after school if she got an agent) and she did not know wheather she had dyslexia or another learning disorder as she never actually took the test and alot of actors are were born with a learning disorder and usually it doesn't affect them at the age they are now, Eg. Orlando Bloom, and the Host of the Late show, (Jay somethingorother)

Don't doubt what keira says!!! :icon_conf

apoggy
20-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Not quite as funny as you, eh Glare :P

Glare Edit: I'm an idiot, ignore me.

apoggy Edit: Not taking one for the team?

Glare Edit: I would rather not, I am in the shits already.

mad_alfred
20-08-2004, 09:26 PM
no she's perfect ok???

only that little moe near her left nipple....i really don't like it...

Sarah
20-08-2004, 10:04 PM
despite the fact she can now read scripts she used to have it and was born with a learning disorder and she overcame it by about secondry school, as her parents helped her (and made a deal with her about reading for an hour after school if she got an agent) and she did not know wheather she had dyslexia or another learning disorder as she never actually took the test and alot of actors are were born with a learning disorder and usually it doesn't affect them at the age they are now, Eg. Orlando Bloom, and the Host of the Late show, (Jay somethingorother)

Don't doubt what keira says!!! :icon_conf

Keira said HERSELF that she never had dyslexia. She just stuggled with reading and writing. Read the quote on the other page.

mad_alfred
20-08-2004, 10:06 PM
see you all!! i was right! keira's perfect...and damn young...she's really smart!

DefyingGravity
21-08-2004, 01:02 AM
^^ A trait that you seem to have trouble acquiring.

frodo1511
21-08-2004, 02:41 AM
no she's perfect ok???

only that little moe near her left nipple....i really don't like it...

I thought I was the only one who knew that...

Hazzle
22-08-2004, 01:46 AM
see you all!! i was right! keira's perfect...and damn young...she's really smart!

Unlike yourself, and unlike this thread.

This retarded question has been answered already...LOCKED.