PDA

View Full Version : What do you work as?

Cirindius
01-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Now, I'm curious as to what occupations you folks are holding onto.

As for me, I'm in the midst of finishing up 2 years of compulsory service in the army in Singapore. I'm almost CCNP certified so I'm more or less looking forward to that network engineer job somewhere out of Singapore with an almost exhorbitant paycheck. What about you folks?

hasselbrad
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I sell crack to school children.

:icon_lol:

Seriously...I work in a family owned medical supply business.
Hopefully I'll be earning a living as a screenwriter soon.

Jacoby
01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I currently work at Blockbuster video (boooo) but I think I might actually look for a change soon. I want to see if I can find a job that's a better fit for me, I'm sick of the whole robotic salesperson gig.

And, like Brad, I aspire to be a screenwriter. In NY, though, Brad wants LA (fag) and I need to start writing more because I've been terribly lazy with it all. Though I have been pushing around some ideas.

Digital_Ice
01-06-2007, 03:12 PM
i quit my job last month. so i do bugger all!

DanMan
01-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Factory bum...actually I work in an air conditioned room measuring car and truck body assemblies.

x.keirafan.x
01-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Im jade and im at school still and my dream is to take up acting but i am too scared to do it. So it will stay just as my dream.

rani
01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
i am unemployed. i am a freeman. just a servant...of Christ.

planned to run for California/US Senator.

michael22
01-06-2007, 10:38 PM
biological waste, mabye a piper or fight scene coreographer in high school plays.

Miss Demi
01-06-2007, 11:26 PM
At the moment i work at Target but when i start college in the fall i want to major in biology and someday i hope to get a degree in Nautical Archeology which is the study of sunken ships.

Cirindius
01-06-2007, 11:36 PM
At the moment i work at Target but when i start college in the fall i want to major in biology and someday i hope to get a degree in Nautical Archeology which is the study of sunken ships.

Amazing what you folks can choose to study when you're out of Singapore. Everything in Singapore here is so ... industry oriented. Almost all my friends just pursue some course like Mechanical Engineering just because they don't know what to study. Mind you, these are folks whom are smart enough to get into University but money is a problem when most of them look at the option of studying overseas.

Darn, I wish I was out of Singapore pursuing an education which could be so much more flexible. For the record, all educational institutions here in Singapore have a mandatory unspoken rule that if you fail to hit the required GPA (Grade Point Average), you aren't even granted an interview for the course you want to study, even though you had some issues which prevented you from performing better and that you are skilled enough infact to clear all their modules without going through a large part of their lectures. In a way, the education system in Singapore is meant for people whom are like, immensely good at regurgitating information during an exam. Oh well, the system can't please everyone!