PDA

View Full Version : need help

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 04:20 PM
To whom this letter reaches,
I am certain that this will not reach the star herself; Keira. However, I would greatly appreciate the help of whomever reads this letter. I will start by introducing myself. My name is Jessica Mutch and I am 17 years old. I also am terrified of the future. This, I am sure, may sound like a strange comment to make but there is every reason for me saying so. I am scared because I feel as I am heading towards a career path I will utterly regret. I have always wished to make something of my life, to stand out, to make a difference. This being why I aspired to be, yes I know you have heard this many times before; a film actress. On the contrary, I was encouraged to take another route. My friends and family both persuaded me I was being foolish and acting on a dream, which would soon vanish. So I turned away from my ambition and started to head towards the next best thing. This being something, which enabled me to help people. Maybe a doctor, a nurse or a paramedic etc. Yet I still yearn for my dream to come true.
Now to come to the part, which (if your willing) includes yourself. Id like to ask for your advice. I would like to know if there is any chance of me fulfilling my ambition; in becoming an actress. I have almost every doubt but to hear it from someone else, who understands what they are talking about, would help me to live in a more mundane realism. Even if this meant to be miserable. I have no money in, which would enable me to go to a theathre college. I also believe my parents would strongly prevent me from going. This because they know that if I fail I will have nothing to fall back on, that I have wasted my time on something I could have spent on something else. For example, becoming a doctor. However, given the chance I know I have something special. I am just not sure that anyone would give me the chance. This is my last hope. Please help to point me in the right direction, if it is possible. I know I am asking a great deal but I would very much like to rid myself of this frustration, which haunts me. Id like to know that there is more in the world than vanishing dreams and lost hope. Thank you for taking the time to read my email.

x.keirafan.x
31-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I am certain that this will not reach the star herself; Keira. However, I would greatly appreciate the help of whomever reads this letter. I will start by introducing myself. My name is Jessica Mutch and I am 17 years old. I also am terrified of the future. This, I am sure, may sound like a strange comment to make but there is every reason for me saying so. I am scared because I feel as I am heading towards a career path I will utterly regret. I have always wished to make something of my life, to stand out, to make a difference. This being why I aspired to be, yes I know you have heard this many times before; a film actress. On the contrary, I was encouraged to take another route. My friends and family both persuaded me I was being foolish and acting on a dream, which would soon vanish. So I turned away from my ambition and started to head towards the next best thing. This being something, which enabled me to help people. Maybe a doctor, a nurse or a paramedic etc. Yet I still yearn for my dream to come true.
Now to come to the part, which (if your willing) includes yourself. Id like to ask for your advice. I would like to know if there is any chance of me fulfilling my ambition; in becoming an actress. I have almost every doubt but to hear it from someone else, who understands what they are talking about, would help me to live in a more mundane realism. Even if this meant to be miserable. I have no money in, which would enable me to go to a theathre college. I also believe my parents would strongly prevent me from going. This because they know that if I fail I will have nothing to fall back on, that I have wasted my time on something I could have spent on something else. For example, becoming a doctor. However, given the chance I know I have something special. I am just not sure that anyone would give me the chance. This is my last hope. Please help to point me in the right direction, if it is possible. I know I am asking a great deal but I would very much like to rid myself of this frustration, which haunts me. Id like to know that there is more in the world than vanishing dreams and lost hope. Thank you for taking the time to read my email.
Hi im jade im 14 and i cant make a desision for you but i say go for acting!

Leonie
31-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Have you thought of having headshots taken, and sending them to Keira's (or any other) agency with a resume and a cover letter?

That might lead you to auditioning for parts, and then it's up to you to show them what you've got. :)

You could do that while simultaneously getting a degree in a different area.

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 04:40 PM
well i dont exactly know how to go about getting head shots, but i supose they are pretty expensive and i just dont have the money. As you know i have sent a dozen emails but have obvisosly had no reply. I will try sending this to some agencies though. I have even looked for auditions on all the search engines and signed up for some. I really dont know what else i could do. Its really ripping me apart not being able to do something i feel so strongy about.

hasselbrad
31-05-2007, 04:56 PM
If you want to be an actress simply for the fame and fortune, then I'd recommend going to school, getting a real job and dealing with life as best you can.
If however, you have a love of acting and/or entertaining, I suggest sticking with it. It may not be glamorous, but getting involved in local theater might be a way to go. Of course, this may mean getting a job waiting tables so that you have some semblance of flexibility, but at least you'll be acting.
Try getting into films as an extra. Anything to get noticed. Make a tape of yourself being funny (I seem to remember you writing that you were) and send it to independant film producers. There's a guy in Manchester named Phil Hawkins. I know of him because of the Fox show On The Lot here in the States. I also know he's back in Manchester because Americans aren't the swiftest lot when it comes to recognizing skill, and he was eliminated.
His website is www.philm.co.uk and there is a 'contact' option. Send him an e-mail and see what happens. My point is, if you are serious about getting into acting, you have to make it happen. Furthermore, you can't rely on 'being discovered' simply by being funny while waiting tables.
I wish you all the luck in the world.

Leonie
31-05-2007, 04:58 PM
You need to contact an agency about what their policy is for accepting new clients. Most (reputable) agencies will have a website - it should tell you what they want you to submit when you send your stuff in.

I'm not sure exactly how headshots work, but you could probably ask a (local) photographer, or look online.

I doubt that sending emails will get you far: they generally want regular post, with photos and lord knows what else. PFD for example (look here (http://www.pfd.co.uk/about/submissions.shtml)) says they do not accept submissions by email. On the upside, they ask for a "photo," so you could get away with a regular shot you've got lying around. They'll probably guide you with headshots and all that jazz if they accept you.

Scotsworth
31-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Move to hollywood and audition for everything while holding a dead-end job in a fast food restaurant....that's how some of the greats got started.

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 05:13 PM
thankyou for your kind words of wisdom

oh i would like to add, i am not in this for the money or fame. I love making a difference in others lives and making others happy. This is why acting has such an appeal to me,so that i can reach out to others.

hasselbrad
31-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I had a look at your intro post and saw the funny comment, along with the "I don't have the looks" comment.
Don't worry about looks. If you can can act, and can get past a casting director saying "we are looking for a homely maid", you probably can cash checks for acting.

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 06:23 PM
just to add i have emailed phil, which i hope to get a reply. however, iwill not keep my hopes up. I am also getting my friend to tak head shots and photos ofme, which i will send into pfd and others. Do you know any other agency websites as i need contact details. I wish icould post a picture up but i dont really know how.

hasselbrad
31-05-2007, 06:27 PM
just to add i have emailed phil, which i hope to get a reply. however, iwill not keep my hopes up. I am also getting my friend to tak head shots and photos ofme, which i will send into pfd and others. Do you know any other agency websites as i need contact details. I wish icould post a picture up but i dont really know how.

www.photobucket.com

The site will walk you through how to upload photos from your computer. That's how I do it. It's free to set up an account.

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 06:46 PM
this is me with friends. Am the red head.http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/jessmutch/meandthetwols.jpg

Leonie
31-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Perhaps you could find out who represents some of the actors you admire, and then google them to find out their procedures?

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 06:53 PM
yes thats a good idea i shall do that thank you. By the way what are you studying at uni.

hasselbrad
31-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Perhaps you could find out who represents some of the actors you admire, and then google them to find out their procedures?

I have a membership to IMDBpro which lets me see all of this info. I'll look stuff up if you like. I use it to look up writers and who their agents are.

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 06:58 PM
that would be brillant, thank you so much who knew there were such nice people in the world we live in heh. I feel like i need to give you something in return however, i dont have much to give bt my gratitude. Will you post the results on here. You could pm me that mite be easier for others wanting to use the thread.

Scotsworth
31-05-2007, 07:10 PM
This got me thinking, anyone seen the HBO series called "Entourage"? It's about an up and coming actor and his trials and tribulations in Hollywood. Very good show, methinks.

hasselbrad
31-05-2007, 07:21 PM
PM me a list of actors you like/respect/admire, or those who you feel you are most like and I'll PM you the info back. I'd rather not simply post a bunch of names and info, lest we have a bunch of stalkers combing the boards.

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 07:23 PM
k will do now then. thanx

do you know how to also get hold of knightleynews without sending him a pm because he/she doesnt seem to respond to them. Like another email address

hasselbrad
31-05-2007, 07:58 PM
paul(at)keiraweb.com
I think that's it.

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 08:05 PM
thanks

Leonie
31-05-2007, 08:12 PM
He's a busy man, though not a cruel one. He usually responds to email, but because he's got such a popular Keira website, he's probably being flooded with email from new fans (since POTC 3) right now.

jessmutch
31-05-2007, 08:16 PM
yes, your right, i just guess my eagerness is making me rather impatient, i just wish someone would get back to me

Katielondon
01-06-2007, 01:08 AM
if its your dream then my advice is go for it, that is if its your real passion, yes you may not be sucessful but at least you wouldnt be bitter that you hadnt attepmpted to do what you truly love, im a musician and thats my career choice but i do it for the love of playing and writing music, wether i play in small places with 100 people or a huge stadium with 100000 in my future wouldnt bother me because i would be doing something i was passionate about, if you feel you want to be an actress, if its really 100% what you want to do with your life then do it :)

jessmutch
01-06-2007, 08:57 AM
thank you for the advice, you were up early this morning jesus

Katielondon
01-06-2007, 10:11 AM
thank you for the advice, you were up early this morning jesus

me?, im a night person:)

Keira K
02-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Now to come to the part, which (if your willing) includes yourself. I’d like to ask for your advice. I would like to know if there is any chance of me fulfilling my ambition; in becoming an actress. I have almost every doubt but to hear it from someone else, who understands what they are talking about, would help me to live in a more mundane realism. Even if this meant to be miserable. I have no money in, which would enable me to go to a theathre college. I also believe my parents would strongly prevent me from going. This because they know that if I fail I will have nothing to fall back on, that I have wasted my time on something I could have spent on something else. For example, becoming a doctor. However, given the chance I know I have something special. I am just not sure that anyone would give me the chance. This is my last hope. Please help to ‘point’ me in the right direction, if it is possible. I know I am asking a great deal but I would very much like to rid myself of this frustration, which haunts me. I’d like to know that there is more in the world than vanishing dreams and lost hope. Thank you for taking the time to read my email.

Ok Jess, I say go for it I started my filming career at the early age of 9 and ever since then i have been doing lots of movies if you really put you mind to it you will get there i went to drama club at all three of my schools and that really helped me to get where i am now I am really famous now and everyone sends me fanmail and everything you might be like that if you put your mind to it so never give up and you will soon get there.

GOOD LUCK!

jessmutch
02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Yes but not to be rude i am sure your schools were, want for another word, posh unlike mine where. I did attend the drama clubs but i am sure agents wont really all that experience. however, if i had attended your school then they would notice me more. Also i do not have the money to get an agent. How did you go about getting yours?
Thanx for the advice.

Keira K
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Yes but not to be rude i am sure your schools were, want for another word, posh unlike mine where. I did attend the drama clubs but i am sure agents wont really all that experience. however, if i had attended your school then they would notice me more. Also i do not have the money to get an agent. How did you go about getting yours?
Thanx for the advice.

I was asking and asking since the age of 3 but my parents would'nt let me i was stil lasking at 6 and then i had got them they help me with so much things it's GREAT.

jessmutch
02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
see how do they expect normal to make something of themselves if they donthave the money. My parents would never aford to get me agents nor would they anyway. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH i going to go crazy.

Keira K
02-06-2007, 09:49 AM
see how do they expect normal to make something of themselves if they donthave the money. My parents would never aford to get me agents nor would they anyway. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH i going to go crazy.

Well Jess the only reason i got agents in the first place was because my mum and dad were actors so the were rich to pay for them if they werent i became an actor so i could get them anyway.

jessmutch
02-06-2007, 09:52 AM
not that keira would say that in real life, but i believe that is the easy way to do something get your parents to pay for it

jessmutch
09-06-2007, 07:27 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/jessmutch/me65.jpg

One of my headshots what do you guys think?

Leonie
09-06-2007, 07:39 PM
That is GORGEOUS!

I <3 your red hair. It's rare, too, so you'll be special :)

jessmutch
09-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Thank you Leonie. I have like hundred more but i am not sure ,which ones to send in. Any ideas?

I know you got to love the red hair, however i does come with a price.

maddie159
11-06-2007, 09:27 PM
hey jessmutch. I just finished reading you e-mail and i just wanted to tell you that I tot ally think that you should try to go for your dream to be an actress. I mean If you really want something there is a chance that It just might come true. I hope you agree. Never stop believing in yourself.
Maddie159