PDA

View Full Version : Pee Dee should not come into this thread.

hasselbrad
30-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Giant hog killed by 11 year old boy. (http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/070526/hog.shtml)
Apologies to the lovely and talented Porcelain Doll (she hates hunting) but I couldn't resist posting this.
Delta is where my parents are building their retirement home. This couldn't have been more than a couple of miles from them. Lineville is where my cousin lives, and yes, the grocery store in town is the Piggly Wiggly.
:)

Porcelain_Doll
30-05-2007, 01:58 PM
too late :p

I'm saving my comments for now. That kid needs a good dose of voodoo.

hasselbrad
30-05-2007, 02:02 PM
In all fairness, a wild hog that size is fucking dangerous as hell. That, and his Christian education is probably doing all the 'voodoo' that needs doing. :p

Porcelain_Doll
30-05-2007, 02:13 PM
we have wild hogs here. They're considered a plague, since they have no natural predators. But this...

""It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."
Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in East Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot. "

....is just insane. The animal did not constitute any danger to the boy, the boy went as far as chasing it, firing after it, which is extremely stupid since the animal would then have had every right to crush him to pieces after that.
And don't get me started on the father...what kind of mindless idiot takes his kid on that kind of journey and then feels all proud 'cause he'll grow up to be a killer?!?
The father allowed his boy chasing the hog and if the animal had killed his stupid child, the moral weight would've been on him for encouraging that type of activity.

I'm not against people who hunt for survival, or food, but as mere sport? This is just a way of feeling superior to other forms of life, something human beings do not need any more than they do already.

hasselbrad
30-05-2007, 02:21 PM
we have wild hogs here. They're considered a plague, since they have no natural predators. But this...

""It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."
Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in East Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot. "

....is just insane. The animal did not constitute any danger to the boy, the boy went as far as chasing it, firing after it, which is extremely stupid since the animal would then have had every right to crush him to pieces after that.
And don't get me started on the father...what kind of mindless idiot takes his kid on that kind of journey and then feels all proud 'cause he'll grow up to be a killer?!?
The father allowed his boy chasing the hog and if the animal had killed his stupid child, the moral weight would've been on him for encouraging that type of activity.

I'm not against people who hunt for survival, or food, but as mere sport? This is just a way of feeling superior to other forms of life, something human beings do not need any more than they do already.

Oh, I agree completely.
Personally, I hope they donate a large portion of the sausage they get from this to some sort of charity. Sadly, I doubt they will.
The main reason I posted it was because it happened very close to where my family is from. By the way, this kid isn't in my family, though I know I have at least one cousin that's jealous as hell that she (yeah...she :dontknowa ) didn't get it first.

Jacoby
30-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I felt like the kid was the enemy, reading your posts, but then I changed my mind when I clicked the link.

That thing is fucken huge! It would have eaten half of the country hadn't this boy did anything.

michael22
30-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Hunting shouldbe done in a more ancient and fair fshion. Though if said pig went beserk that kid would have been flattened. New Idea for Spain PIG FIGHTS!

Norseman
30-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Saw this in the newspaper here in Norway too. 11 years old, holy shit. 5 when he shot his first deer, that's not normal. And 3 hours and 8 shot later it died. Must be the worst hunter in the world.

hasselbrad
30-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Saw this in the newspaper here in Norway too. 11 years old, holy shit. 5 when he shot his first deer, that's not normal.
It is in Alabama. :p

And 3 hours and 8 shot later it died. Must be the worst hunter in the world.

It takes a lot to bring down something that big.