PDA

View Full Version : Today's Kindness

Leonie
29-05-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm a great believer in karma, and I think that if everyone tried to do something nice for someone else every once in a while, without wanting something in return, the world would be a lot nicer.

What's your kind act been for the day?

My year were allowed four tickets for graduation. During the ceremony practice session, a housemate from my old house asked if people without a ticket to the ceremony were welcome at the reception afterwards. They were not.

Turns out I'd ordered four tickets, and I only need three. I passed her a ticket and she offered to pay me for it (they are free). She was THAT happy. And you know what? The fact that she threw a big grin my way whenever I saw her made my day.

Doing nice things feels good. What have you done today?

(And don't effing ruin this thread with bitterness, please.)

michael22
30-05-2007, 04:32 AM
I comfrted someone. I stood up for any people. It sort of evened out for the times I was a asshole today

Pygmalion
30-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I was leaving the pub early because I felt sick, and two college freshers were sharing a really bad rollie so I felt sorry for them and gave them my last four cigarettes.
I'm glad I did because the next night my friend and I were throwing bottles on the road and she cut her foot on glass wheras, because my karma was already good I just went back to square.

michael22
30-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I helped a guy through fitness testing, I stood up for more people. I did not knock people out when I was pissed off

Norseman
30-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Gave i man without legs about 8$ today. :xmas:

Digital_Ice
30-05-2007, 09:38 PM
My act of kindness... not getting involved in the whole veiga/jomi argument... Ice is not as forgiving as elle.

hasselbrad
30-05-2007, 09:51 PM
My act of kindness... not getting involved in the whole veiga/jomi argument... Ice is not as forgiving as elle.

A shame, really. I like a nice beheading as much as the next guy.

On topic...my kindness for the day is that I haven't killed anyone. Yet.

AureaMediocritas
30-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Letting an African use the underground one-way exit as an illegal entry.
Giving half of my baguette to a "clochard" (beggar).
Assuring a classmate that her presentation was actually well done, although it was not (a perverted form of kindness?).

Leonie
07-06-2007, 08:40 PM
The lady in front of me at the supermarket check out had so much shopping she couldn't unpack her cart and pack her stuff quick enough. So I unpacked her cart while she put everything in bags. She was most pleasantly surprised. Must have been a tourist.

I also just spent half an hour making sure my mum's veggie patch doesn't die while she's away on holiday.

Porcelain_Doll
07-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I walked away from a near punching nose experience. From me to someone. Was at the bus stop, little weasel spots me, approaches...suddenly lo and behold! my phone vibrates and I have to run off. :D

I bought a street poet's (actually not street, more like bus poet) poems, and listened happily as he recited one for all the buspeople to hear. It was quite nice, and I kind of like this bohemian way of advertising your poetry on a bus. He told me his email was on the back of the booklet, maybe I'll mail him saying I really liked his poems. I even jotted down the date, hour and bus# just in case.

During our free period, there were five of us who stayed inside while the other idiots went outside to play ping pong and football. (It's freezing, they're insane). I went to the cantine and bought chocolates for all five of us. (only one of them payed me back, but I'd meant it as a gift anyway)

Pygmalion
08-06-2007, 01:51 AM
A strange man started talking to me on the train, and instead of ignoring him or telling him to piss off, I pretended my name was Rebecca: a 22 year old doing a Bachelor of Science and majoring in Zoology. I scored a free cigarette out of it
I think I cancelled the karma out though, because when he asked for my number I gave him my exgirlfriend's.

Leonie
08-06-2007, 09:37 AM
I think you're allowed to do that to strange men. Not sure about ex girlfriends, but you'd be the best judge of that.

Hazzle
08-06-2007, 08:15 PM
I haven't bitten anyone's head off today. Yet.

All jokes aside I don't meet nearly enough people every day to be kind. That and I think kindness tends to result in the person being kind being screwed. A friend of mine lost his dad when he went to break up a fight and got beaten so severely he died later in hospital. That sort of thing tends to inspire you not to be kind (not trying to be bitter Elle, just pointing out the flipside to your karma point).

Calipso
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
kindness too..

michael22
08-06-2007, 10:14 PM
I avoided hurting people today. Even when they asked for it.

Calipso
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
hurting? realy? lol

michael22
09-06-2007, 05:50 AM
That was putting it nicely.

Calipso
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Nice, LOL

Surprize
18-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Our teacher made us to do smth kind for smb in our group: to write a nice message, to give some chocolate and so on during the week. But we should do it in a secret. She says that it'll help us to learn more about each other. It's a bit stupid. Or just strange.

Digital_Ice
18-09-2007, 03:39 PM
do smth kind for smb

eh???

Surprize
19-09-2007, 11:51 AM
eh???
To be kind to each other. I'm not english-speaking, you know.

Digital_Ice
19-09-2007, 04:14 PM
yes, but even non-english fluent people use vowels you know.

hasselbrad
19-09-2007, 04:29 PM
You aren't being very kind.
:icon_nana

Surprize
21-09-2007, 02:41 PM
yes, but even non-english fluent people use vowels you know.
I didn't get what you didn't understand. We really have different languages: totally different signs, the order of words in sentense and so on. What vowel did I miss? You didn't understand what is smth and smb?