PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Opinions on Pirates 3: AWE

Veiga
28-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Very good Keira about this film, great!! i love this film anda keira lool

Leonie
28-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Please try to make the title of your thread pertain to the content.

I'll rename it for now.

Let this also be the place to discuss what you think of the movie, then. Spoilers and all - bring it on! :)

I saw Pirates III this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. I dare say it was better than the first.

Leonie
28-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I think I'll take myself up on that offer.

I have a question.

Bootstrap Bill is mortal again at the end, when Will becomes the new Davy Jones, right? And he can stay on the Flying Dutchman with Will.

Then why the fuck doesn't King Elizabeth get her arse on the boat?

allied_assult
29-05-2007, 01:27 AM
I thought it was really good. Definitely better than the second, and i can't figure out if I liked it better than the first or not. I think the problem with the second was they tried to make it too funny, but I still liked it. The third had the right mix of humor, action, and seriousness i think.

And on the Bootstrap thing, I think he's dead still but he's just not a monster anymore. If that's the case then they should've killed Elizabeth and brought her on the boat. Or they can just fill Will's shoes with water and he can walk around all he likes as long as he keeps his shoes on. :icon_lol:

Digital_Ice
29-05-2007, 01:29 AM
yeah, i thought that, if davy jones can stand in a bucket of water... why cant will

Leonie
29-05-2007, 07:26 AM
It's not really a lasting solution, is it? I suppose she could have a pool in the back garden or something...

Yeah, they could put water in his shoes, but that wouldn't last with all the horizontal action :icon_razz

devine kk
29-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi all,

I was going to take my kids to watch it this weekend but thought it would be best to wait until next weekend and ask you guys how scary it really is, and then decide on its suitability. Yes i know that's taxing for you to make an informed conclusion.

They are 7 and 9 (both boys), any thoughts?

Cheers

Leonie
29-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Probably not a good idea.

There is a lot of death and even some almost-sex. It is a lot more violent than previous ones too. Not funny violent, but full on fight-fight-die scenes. I wouldn't take any kids under ten to see it.

Scotsworth
29-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I liked it more than the second, not as much as the first. It started to get a little long, but maybe that was because I drank a large Cherry Coke during the previews...

Loved the action sequences and acting was fantastic. I thought it was a bit controversial for a disney film. The part where Davy Jones kills the one guy with his tenticles was pretty nasty....and then at the end with Will Turner and the random sexualish leg kissing I was like "This is a disney movie?" I would have some hesitations about bringing a little kid to it, mostly because I think if I was 5 i'd lose sleep over Davy Jones.

But yes, good film....as good as you could hope for a #3 in a trilogy to be.

moscos
29-05-2007, 12:50 PM
and, yah, the film is hella awesome! and i love watchin' keira... and yah watching the romance of the 2 lovers will & ellizabeth gives me always a cliff-hanger feeling... but i really love her! this was a great 3rd installment of the film i've ever seen... part 1 was cool too...

Ardnax
29-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I think it was absolutely incredible. I like it better than the first two. Even though there just weren't enough Sparrabeth and too much W/E. :icon_lol:

Will couldn't have gone around with water in his boots. The reason Davy Jones became a monster is that he didn't do his task of getting the souls to the other side. That's what Will has to do so he can't be with Elizabeth. Well, until the ten years have gone by anyway.

Keira lover
30-05-2007, 12:40 AM
What did you think of POTC III. I have seen it 3 times and plan to see it 10 (record). I thought it was the best of the 3, but then a chance to see Keira practically naked (ok, just a little leg, but still) and blown up on a big screen. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD

Ranman
30-05-2007, 12:48 AM
couldn't you have posted this in one of the many other awe threads?

Digital_Ice
30-05-2007, 02:05 AM
lets keep the forums tidy please. theres already a thread called "Opinions on Pirates 3: AWE" here;
http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3385

moscos
30-05-2007, 02:12 AM
what's with the rumors today?... some magazine and press had blow some news that there will be 4th pirates of the caribbean?!!! and Depp stated that he's favor to do jack sparrow again if the script are good... and Keira? hmmm... she says if it was good she's into it... i don't know if this is going to be real, but i love seeing Keira again as a pirate... only Orlado refuse the 4th installment. some magazine says that directors are opening screenings again, the movie is going to be "like" indiana jones? they mean, pirates of the caribbean with looks like indiana jones...

goshhhh.... this some gossip..

Scotsworth
30-05-2007, 02:52 AM
Did anyone happen to watch the scene at the end of the credits? People keep telling me about it, I'm angry I missed it.

moscos
30-05-2007, 03:10 AM
really? is there a scene after the credits???? oh! no! i havent watched the ending credit of it... my head is spinning right now! what was the last scene??? someone tell it in here please.... im dying to know it atlease...

Scotsworth
30-05-2007, 03:18 AM
I guess it shows Elizabeth Turner 10 years later and she has a 10-year-old son.

Mapa
30-05-2007, 03:38 AM
I dont think it shows her with her son, i bet its a hint about the stroy line of POTC 4.

devine kk
30-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks Leonie. I thought as much hence i asked the question. I waited for POTC2 to come out on DVD before they watched that, so best do the same again. Baby sitting anyone?????? Cheers.

really? is there a scene after the credits???? oh! no! i havent watched the ending credit of it... my head is spinning right now! what was the last scene??? someone tell it in here please.... im dying to know it atlease...

Paul has a filmed from screen copy of it here. Yes she does have her 10 year old son and Will is sailing into to town.

http://www.keiraweb.com/

jessmutch
30-05-2007, 09:03 AM
hey, yeah it shows a young boy, probably age nine(as u all know how long a pregnancy lasts), running up to a cliff followed b Keira. She puts her am round him so guessin it is her son. Then a green flash occurs and you see Will standing onthe mast of the boat sailng to shore. hope that helpsx

Leonie
30-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Question #2

During the film, there are plenty of very alive people on the Flying Dutchman. Then. Why. Can't. Elizabeth?

jessmutch
30-05-2007, 09:31 AM
the captain and thecrew bind themselves to the flying dutchman, this allows them to th locker without affecting them. As you know this is there job to transport th dead seaman to the locker. However, i believe Elizabeth can not board the ship for two reason. 1. Bill turner and Will discuss that this is no place for a living girl such as Elizabeth they believe it to be the wrong environment for her, hat it would waste a living persons life looking after the dead. 2. Only living people in the film boarded the dutchman while it ws away fom the locker(as you know davvy jones had stopped his duty of transportation) and so once a living persn boarded the dutchmen when goin to the locker they had to either bind themselves to the ship or go to the locker itself, which of course will wished neither fates for Elizabeth.

Hope that helpsxx

devine kk
30-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Just seen the film tonight. It was really good and i thouroughly enjoyed it. Twisting and turning, did not feel like three hours.

Digital_Ice
30-05-2007, 09:49 PM
did not feel like three hours.

sure as hell did to me.... i should never have bought a super size coke!

Mapa
01-06-2007, 10:58 AM

I drunk 2 beers while waiting..

I noticed the 3 hours but i can say it was a well spent 3 hours of my life :)

Miss Demi
01-06-2007, 04:39 PM
I really liked it. I had to see it twice because the first time I saw it I didn't know there was the little thing after the credits and we were kind of rushed out of the theater. But I went back again just to see that thing after the credits. The only thing I have a problem with in all these movies is the "why is the rum gone" jokes. In the second movie it was funny but then when they put it in the 3rd movie it botherd me because it got old. But I really enjoyed the movie. I can't really say which is my favorite. My question is Will they make a 4th one? I know that the movies were only suppose to be a trilogy but I think they left some cliffhangers after this 3rd movie. Especially after you saw the end credits with the kid and elizabeth. I really think they could do something with the Kid and does jack ever become immortal? Also in an interview with Jerry Bruckhimer when asked about a 4th movie he said "well there was only suppose to be 3 but there may be a 4th movie" so in my opnion there is about a 50/50 chance there could be a 4th one.

mari****
02-06-2007, 01:01 AM
i really like it. a lot. Is that true, about the kid after the credits? i must see it again!!!!!:icon_popc

Mondu
02-06-2007, 03:47 AM
The thing after the credits was just Elizabith and her son watching Will come, it wasnt really nething crucial, because neither Elizabith or Will looked like they were ten years older, lol
On the whole tho, i thought it was a really good film, just didnt seem really disney to me, expecialy the leg part, but, no complaints, lol. The only thing i didnt like about it was there were so many betrayals it was hard to follow.

Bullets19
02-06-2007, 04:18 PM
The thing after the credits was just Elizabith and her son watching Will come, it wasnt really nething crucial, because neither Elizabith or Will looked like they were ten years older, lol
On the whole tho, i thought it was a really good film, just didnt seem really disney to me, expecialy the leg part, but, no complaints, lol. The only thing i didnt like about it was there were so many betrayals it was hard to follow.
Thats exactly what I thought they did not look like they aged a day. And yeah the plot was a little confusing to. But it was a great movie I have already seen it three times.

MishanyaMSKK
02-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Movie is good, like first and second - same styles. But I think it just might be the last part...but no. And I didn't like the bad end with that unrealised love :( It's not fair :((((
btw: getting really tired after sitting 2:50

Keira lover
03-06-2007, 12:13 AM
I think it was the best of the 3
Film I give it
POTC 3 10
POTC 2 9

POTC 1 8

But why did they get married. I want to cry. now, I have no chance (that was a joke)

I loved the beginning when they searched her and she had a sword, a pistol, a harness with 2 pistols, 2 knives, and a large pistol on her leg. The moral of the movie: don't take to many weapons to Singapore.

Keira lover
03-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Thats exactly what I thought they did not look like they aged a day. And yeah the plot was a little confusing to. But it was a great movie I have already seen it three times.

I have seen it 4. and am going again tomorrow. My goal is 10, and then buy the special edition DVD. I have no life, and am proud of it.

Do as I do, go to the restroom at a boring part (yes, there are like none) or go and just see it again. It is worth seeing 300 times.

I Luv Keira
03-06-2007, 09:07 AM
You lot are crazy for watching the film more than once, its three hours long!

Digital_Ice
03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
its actually only 168 minutes. :p

I Luv Keira
03-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Including trailers? ;)

Digital_Ice
03-06-2007, 08:10 PM
trailers do not constitute part of the film.

I Luv Keira
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Technically it does......"trailers do not constitute part of the film." ???

:) I'm being techincal.

Edit: Acutally, technically ur right, u said "the", damn....

I'm chattin shit, the cokes gotten to me. lol

Porcelain_Doll
03-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I have a question....in the end, you see Bill Turner decides to stay with his son. Is he alive or dead? I'm not quite sure.

Because if he were alive, he would not be bound to the ship like Will. Then, wouldn't he be able to go between the worlds? It would be nice, having him as a messenger between the Turners.

Just a thought.

Mapa
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I have a question....in the end, you see Bill Turner decides to stay with his son. Is he alive or dead? I'm not quite sure.

Because if he were alive, he would not be bound to the ship like Will. Then, wouldn't he be able to go between the worlds? It would be nice, having him as a messenger between the Turners.

Just a thought.

Don't think its possible and we may never know :( One thing is for sure, they finally got married and then BAM - separated for 10 years - 1 day. I wanted to cry, but i couldn't :( Wish me luck, gonna see it again tomorrow night :)

Scotsworth
04-06-2007, 06:50 AM
No, he's definitely dead....I think Will was letting him free...so he could go to the afterlife or whatever (cross the river in a boat or something), but Bill decided he'd rather stay on the ship in Will's service...i'd assume every other crew member had the same decision possibly?

Mapa
04-06-2007, 01:44 PM
To be honest i didn't watch the after-credits scene and i don't know everything, all i saw was a crappy 11-12 sec cam video where i couldn't see shit. After few hours i'll go to the cinema again and perhaps i'll stay for that scene, if I don't forget. Scot thats the point of the Flying Dutchman, its crew is made up of non-dead dead pirates kinda helping dead people go to the afterlife, or something similar.

Scotsworth
04-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Exactly, so, I think Bill is still dead being on the boat. He obviously wanted to stay with Will and help with the taking of the souls of people to the afterlife.

x.keirafan.x
04-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I thought it was good untill will got stabbed in the heart im a very sensitive girl i was cring on and off for 5 days. I thought the ending after the credits was alright but they didn't aget one bit. Does anyone agree with me?

Leonie
04-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I thought it was good untill will got stabbed in the heart im a very sensitive girl i was cring on and off for 5 days. I thought the ending after the credits was alright but they didn't aget one bit. Does anyone agree with me?
Yes! Because you use punctuation! *hug*

Yeah, I thought they could have aged up Keira a bit. It was a bit of an empty scene now, desperately in need of the "ten years later" tag. They could have just shown us that.

x.keirafan.x
04-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Do you like puctuation Leonie? Not sounding dumb or anything but what is puctuation?
The spelling or the fullstops and exsplaination marks?

Leonie
04-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, full stops, commas, exclamation marks, question marks, the whole nine yards. They make people's (your) posts so much easier to read. So please, please keep using them. Thank you :)

Digital_Ice
04-06-2007, 07:23 PM
"explanation marks"

*chuckles*

x.keirafan.x
04-06-2007, 07:40 PM
"Puctuation is everything" Thats what my english teacher says.

Jay420
04-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I saw the movie Thursday night that it came out. I think it was a mistake because it was packed and i ended up sitting in the 2nd row right infront of the screen so it looked foggy :icon_lol:
But i enjoyed the movie, I have to say that it was better than the first. Its the POTC movie that i actually payed to see at a theater. But i didnt stay for the seen after the credits haha, i didnt know we were suppose to :icon_err:
But all and all it was a great movie.

jomi
14-06-2007, 06:29 PM
The pirates 3 it's my fav film...i love the "making of"

guitaristt
18-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi all,i saw this film in cinema.Ithink in this film Keira was fantastic.And i like it::) I'm new in this forum.About Keira i know from film.I think Keira have not bad talent.So that

x.keirafan.x
18-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Iv watched it at the cinema 4 times HeHe. Plus i see no point of seeing it those many times at the cinema because i had it on dvd before it came out.
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/p/images/pirates-of-the-caribbean-3-at-world-s-end-0.jpg

guitaristt
19-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Hehehe i see you are not bad Keira's fan.But whats the matter,if you saw film in cinema or DVD.And i have DVD and what.Too important is that you saw the film.So what:)

SAYA
22-06-2007, 09:44 AM
kiera was gr8 in the movie
I love it
________
Hyde Park Residence 2 Prathumnak (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

space_boy89
22-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I think after "Bend it like Beckham",This role(Mrs.Swann) was the best role for Keira.I was admirer to Keira after potc.She's played her role at potc well.

Chelsss
23-06-2007, 03:57 AM
I loved the movie. Definitely better than the 2nd. For me it is a tie with the 1st. I went last week with my sisters. I felt so stupid because I was crying in the end in the public theater. Not only did I get teased by my sisters, but people were staring at me! I thought it was very emotional when Will and Elizabeth got married and Will got stabbed in the heart and in the end when Will gave Elizabeth his heart because she had always had it. So sweet!! My heart melted. I wish a guy would tell me that.

It was very funny when they went to Singapore (spelling?) and they checked her for weapons and she kept on pulling them out for what seemed like forever. Hilarious!

I thought for the 4th (if they have one), they should have Elizabeth fight Jack for eternal youth then find a way to be with Will on the Flying Dutchman. That was before I found out there was a scene after the credits. So I wonder if the 4th is going to be 10 years in the future or if it will continue from where the actual film left off?

Since we left during the credits I didn't see that scene - does anyone have a link for it on the web? We live in a small town and POTC 3 won't come till like August (one movie comes at a time) and I don't wanna wait that long. We had to go to the city to watch POTC 3. So, a link would be greatly apprecciated!

Leonie
23-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Go to http://www.keiraweb.com. There is a link to a crappy version of it on the right side of the page, a little bit down.

rani
23-06-2007, 08:49 AM
It is politically relevant. POTC 3 realities still exist in my country (or ressurected by today's administration though disguised) after the Marcos Regime. Human Rights abuses do not die here totally.
How i wish we also have the people like Jack, Will , Elizabeth,and their men. very courageous.

summer_dreams.
09-07-2007, 04:58 AM
I think the third installment was my favorite. Its mostly because Keira's character goes through a lot more emotions, and shes not just standing in the corner screaming.Plus, she got tons more screentime. I dont understand why she couldnt be on the boat with will. It would have made the ending so much happier, like every other disney movie.

and i did stay to see the ending scene. It shows Elizabeth with a child aged at 10, and Will is sailing into the town for that "one day"

elizabeth2014
29-06-2010, 05:15 PM
The film is great, sorta gets carried away and all at the end but the effects are great its a shame Keira is not in the 4th one, but the stories gone as far as it can with Lizzie and Will. I like it loads.