PDA

View Full Version : Trip help

michael22
23-05-2007, 03:28 AM
I am planning a trip to Europe in 08 and was wodering where are the good places to go? Which areas are beatiful, interesting, fun and has great museums/history.

barrington
23-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Which areas are beatiful, interesting, fun and has great museums/history.All of it. It's Europe.

Leonie
23-05-2007, 07:32 AM
You simply have to see the Mediterranean. I don't care if you do it in France, Italy or Spain (though I prefer the latter), but you've got to. It's not so much the sea that's special, but the whole atmosphere and the attitude of those who live right near it.

Liam
23-05-2007, 11:05 AM
I'd recommend a short stop in Luxembourg. A couple of days will let you see most of the sights and take in a bit of the history.

I wasnt particularly enamoured with the parts of France I saw but I imagine the cities are better than the backwater areas I visited. Contrary to what you may think Germany is a particularly beautiful country and I found the Germans to be just about the most pleasant people you will meet in Europe.

The basic moral of travelling around Europe, particularly if you want history, is to go to as many places as you can. Theres no such thing as a boring country in Europe if you are a history buff.

michael22
23-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I plan to spend around $3,000 and am spending a couple of months

hasselbrad
23-05-2007, 01:38 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w86/bwdial/brown.jpg

Oh...wait...not that kind of trip.
Nevermind.

michael22
07-06-2007, 11:24 PM
After stumbling on thiswebsite (http://www.humanforsale.com) I became curious. Is there a place I should avoid in Europe?

Also where is te coolest meuseum?

AureaMediocritas
08-06-2007, 12:07 PM
After stumbling on thiswebsite (http://www.humanforsale.com) I became curious. Is there a place I should avoid in Europe?

Also where is te coolest meuseum?

Well, it depends on your personal preferences. I guess there are
more than one place you should avoid, places that are dull or dirty
and unpleasant.
Northern France for example (except if your interested in WW I), the German Ruhrpott (industries, nothing but industries), former mining
and coal cities (for example in Belgium Charleroi and Liege). If I were
you, I would choose the capitals... it is a bit standard but in general
it is where the "veins" through which the country´s "blood" flows.
As Leonie said, I guess it would be most interesting for a Canadian
to visit Mediterranean areas, it is so much more relaxing than the
cold north ;).

Museums. My personal favourite is the French Louvre who did an
overwhelming effort to get rid of its traditional franco-french
orientation.
The range of archeology and art relics is breathtaking. And of course the museums in Rome, if you love Ancient Rome...

So, I suggest you pick some countries, check them out on the internet (most countries have sites collecting the finest links to what interests tourists) and come here ASAP :) .

Hazzle
08-06-2007, 08:36 PM
All of it. It's Europe.

And it's such a small place, if the Americans are to be believed...

Ranman
08-06-2007, 08:48 PM
What Mike really wants is a list of hookers
Get your little black books out guys

michael22
08-06-2007, 10:17 PM
No but Peach's address would not go amiss

Calipso
08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
go to Lisbon and Milan, beautiful places.. realy, and you have Barcelona its beautiful too..

all about 2,500..

Ranman
08-06-2007, 11:08 PM
No but Peach's address would not go amiss

Stay away from Peach, she's mine

Calipso
08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
LOL ran.. all yours