PDA

View Full Version : Our dreams and wishes

Surprize
22-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't know if there's a thread such as this because I couldn't look throw all the pages of the forum.
Everybody has dreams, feasible or not. So you can place here some of them which you can and want to say. Maybe it'll be a pipe dream, or, for example, fleeting wish.
About me: I want to visit Los Angeles and to publish my books (little strange)

hasselbrad
22-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Wishes are dreams you aren't willing to put the work into.
Currently, my dream is to become a screenwriter. I've probably worked harder at this than I have anything in my life. So far, I have finished one screenplay. I am now in the process of making revisions to it and hope to have it ready to submit to the Zoetrope contest this summer. It has changed so much since I began working on it that it's hardly recognizable. I've started no less than seven screenplays altogether, and some of them have come pretty close to completion.

Leonie
22-05-2007, 04:40 PM
This is going to sound bad, but I don't think I have dreams anymore. I've more or less given up on them since I don't get to decide what I want to do anyway.

I always wanted to be a published writer, but I don't really want to be a writer anymore.

In the back of my mind is a picture of a small property with a few horses and a bunch of dogs running around, but that's pretty much it, really. No idea what I want to do in between now and then.

Now, if we're talking wishes, I want a job for the summer. If I may be so bold, I'd like one that doesn't suck. I want my phone back. I want a lot of money and a return ticket to Australia. I want to be able to eat something more expensive than beans on toast from September onwards.

Surprize
22-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I want to say that we (I mean, people from all over the world) shouldn't make our dreams the goals. It's different things.

Digital_Ice
22-05-2007, 04:53 PM
elle. don't.

"When you give up your dreams, you die"

sometimes dreams are all we have.

I Luv Keira
22-05-2007, 05:02 PM
My dream would be to work for Nintendo, but that will never happen. I aint willing to put the effort. I'm lazy.

If I had a wish, it would be one date with Keira.

Actually, I take that back, I'd rather be rich! Oh, man, I'm broke as a joke.....only it aint funny.

Surprize
22-05-2007, 05:03 PM

Is it a quotation?

Leonie, I hope that you have a good alternative for dreams, I think you're a good person, although I don't know you, and I wish you to be happy, OK?:)

Surprize
22-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Nintendo
My lack of information... What's that?

hasselbrad
22-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I want to say that we (I mean, people from all over the world) shouldn't make our dreams the goals. It's different things.

Right you are...my dream is to become a screenwriter.
My goal is to submit at least one screenplay to the Zoetrope contest.

Surprize
22-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Once my dream became a goal, and that was terrible. I leaved it and now I remembered 'bout it with nostalgia. When it was a dream - it was fresh and attractive, every second new. When it changed to goal it became just a plan, like workin' drawin'. Little sad...:(

Leonie
22-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Actually, I did have a dream. I dreamt I could go to Australia this summer if I tried hard enough. And I've tried. It's not going to happen, though, and now I have nothing, except beans on toast.

Surprize
22-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Beans on toast - it's today, but next summer... or tomorrow... You'll have some interestin' surprises, meetings, presents, smiles and... Australia!:)

Porcelain_Doll
22-05-2007, 06:08 PM

sometimes dreams are all we have.

Heh, we had a really interesting convo about that. I'm not going to post it, too long, plus it's gotta be one of the few PG ones...

Anyway, erm, I stand by Elle...I have dreams and all, but life just does what it wants with me and right now I don't feel like challenging her.
Maybe tomorrow.

I Luv Keira
22-05-2007, 06:11 PM
My lack of information... What's that?

Its the best damn games company. Sony and Microsoft, and other 3rd party pusblishers don't hold a candle to the Big N.

michael22
22-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I want to either be an archeologist or writer.
though a date with Keira is up there

Surprize
25-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I want to speak English fluently. Now for me it's difficult