PDA

View Full Version : Keira Knightley: The Internet Can't Spell

Leonie
12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Keira Knightley, the proper spelling, tops Kiera Knightley (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=keira+knightley&word2=kiera+knightley), but only because most people who misspell Keira also misspell (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=keira+knightley&word2=kiera+knightly) Knightley as Knightly. There are more mentions of Kiera Knightly than there are of Keira Knightley. And people struggle more (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=keira+knightley&word2=keira+knightly) with the lady's surname than with her first name.

In short: people struggle big time getting Keira's name right. And I just had fun with Googlefight.

michael22
12-05-2007, 09:43 PM
are we bored Leonie?

Leonie
12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
...Gee, thanks.

I just thought I'd have a laugh at all the silly people who can't spell her name. Never mind, then.

michael22
13-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I meant no offence. We should lagh at the fact that it is a simple name..........keira knightley and that illiterate people use the internet.

rani
13-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Leonie and Michael:

Excuse me for unpermitted interruptions to your discussion but this has to be be said.

Please be kind to those who mispelled Keira's name. They should be taught not to be diminished and insulted.

Thank you.

Liam
13-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Why?

If you can't laugh at the stupid and misinformed, who can you laugh at?

KeiraIsFIT
13-05-2007, 09:40 AM
retards?

Liam
13-05-2007, 10:14 AM
No, physical and mental retardation is a condition that people have no choice or control over. Stupidity is not.

Ranman
13-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Why?

If you can't laugh at the stupid and misinformed, who can you laugh at?

I agree 100%. God put the stupid and misinformed on earth for our entertainment. Not to laugh at them is an insult to God.

Liam
13-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Correctamundo. In a similar vein, its morally wrong to allow fools to keep their money.

I feel that if a stupid person wants to better their situation, they could pick up a book and learn a few things. If they are too lazy to improve their situation, then they leave themselves open to ridicule.

KeiraIsFIT
13-05-2007, 12:10 PM
No, physical and mental retardation is a condition that people have no choice or control over. Stupidity is not.

you remind me of that "humour coach" on Borat

Liam
13-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Great success.

Porcelain_Doll
13-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Correctamundo. In a similar vein, its morally wrong to allow fools to keep their money.

I feel that if a stupid person wants to better their situation, they could pick up a book and learn a few things. If they are too lazy to improve their situation, then they leave themselves open to ridicule.

I agree entirely. Too many idiots overcrowd this world. And they do nothing to improve, in fact, they probably don't even realise their condition, even when one nicely tells them over and over.
And then one loses his/her patience, and things end badly.
And we, innocent people who were just trying to help another fellow human being, end up with the blame.

KeiraIsFIT
13-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Great success.

so i buy an iPod, he must buy an iPod mini, we all know that is for girls

High 5

I Luv Keira
13-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I remeber the first time I googled Keira (what a mistake that was), but I spelt her name as "Kiera Knightley". But that weren't because I couln't spell her name, it was because thats how you spell "Kiera".

Didn't she change the spelling of her name, so that it was easy to pronounce worldwide? She broke the rule of "i" before "e".

Anyway, you can't blame people if they didn't know how to spell her name.
Unless its her last name, how can they get Knightley wrong huh, I guess you can laugh at that....lol.

Also, my iPod Nano is all scratched up, yes, scratched up indeed.

Leonie
13-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Her name was always spelled Keira Knightley. :)

I Luv Keira
13-05-2007, 08:42 PM
You sure, wasn't she born, "Kiera Christina Knightley"? Wouldn't that be breaking the principle of 'i' before 'e' in the English language.

Leonie
13-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Names don't tend to have a whole lot of logic in them sometimes.

I'm pretty sure that it was Keira Christina Knightley all along. Apparently the Kiera rumour was brought about by magazines trying to cover their silly misspelling arses.

michael22
13-05-2007, 09:14 PM
though it comes from the irish ciara meaning black haired, The angloization might of switched it around.

Leonie
13-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Ah, that's why my head kept going "I was going to say something else."

It's of Celtic origins. Borrowed words often don't follow traditional rules.

KnightleyNews
21-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Leonie, you're famous:
http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment.cfm?id=784652007

Paul

Liam
21-05-2007, 08:28 AM
wtf!!

Digital_Ice
21-05-2007, 08:30 AM
lmfao!

Leonie
21-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Ace, now there's something to list on the good old CV. I have been quoted in the Scotsman.

Dear Scotsman,

If you are reading this still, I will be studying in England from September onwards and would very much love an internship, if you'd like to quote me some more.

Kind regards,
Leonie

Digital_Ice
21-05-2007, 08:59 AM
notice that they didnt actually credit you, or kkw. cretins.

Leonie
21-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Or add that I wasn't being a snob, but that I was merely having a laugh with googlefight. Ah well. I'm not heartbroken.

candy_apple
01-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Keira is actually the right way to spell it, it's from celtic, u know how the irish name which sounds like cuiver is spelt, Caiohme, really conufsing I know, I know someone called that and I learned it asap, as she told me eveyrone spells it wrong, but then she got the nickname Cuif and it stuck, haha, but thats another story.

I Luv Keira
01-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Yup, your right, I met someone last week named Keira, I asked her how to spell it and it indeed is right.

Keira lover
26-07-2007, 06:33 PM
You sure, wasn't she born, "Kiera Christina Knightley"? Wouldn't that be breaking the principle of 'i' before 'e' in the English language.

Her legal name is

Keira Christina Knightley.

English rules do not apply to names.

My first name is pronounced Shawn.

My name is spelled Sean.

Sean is the correct way to spell it, despite the idiots with the name Shawn or Shaun. That is the generic spelling used by an ignoramus. Sean is an Irish name. Period. If it is used, it should be spelled as such.

My point, besides i need xanax, is that despite the "laws" of the english language, that are never followed, her name is Keira Christina Knightley.

Leonie
26-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Yes, I believe we established that quite a while ago :icon_razz

Keira lover
26-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Yes, I believe we established that quite a while ago :icon_razz

r u refering to my obvious need to xanax?

Mandy
26-07-2007, 10:59 PM
No, she was referring to the fact that you don't need to keep bumping these old threads that don't need it.

Spartan117warrior
27-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Wouldn't that be breaking the principle of 'i' before 'e' in the English language.

Looking at the internet today and majority of people who use, they don't even use basic English much less "i before e".

mongoose
27-07-2007, 08:15 AM
I wonder if they all the ones who were mispelling her name have learned how to spell Keira Knightley correct. *I doubt*

Spartan117warrior
27-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I wonder if they all the ones who were mispelling her name have learned how to spell Keira Knightley correct. *I doubt*

I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt.