PDA

View Full Version : The You Did What?!?! Thread

hasselbrad
11-05-2007, 10:20 PM
People do really stupid things, but some of these things are so monumentally stupid, one has to take pause and truly appreciate the magnitude of the action. I'm not talking about the person who orders a green tea chai and then decides they'd rather have a half caff soy latte' before finally melting down because of all the choices. Granted, this person needs to be put to sleep, but I'm talking about the truly stupid decisions that wind up costing someone their life or fortune.
I'll start us off with exhibit A (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070511/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/fbn_ricky_williams_suspension).
Ricky Williams won the Heisman Trophy in 1998. New Orleans Saints head coach (at the time) Mike Ditka traded all of the Saints' draft picks so he could take Williams first overall in the NFL Draft. Since then, he has been suspended for drug use four times. I don't know how much an ounce of pot costs these days, but it has cost Williams millions. He owes the Miami Dolphins over $8,000,000 due to his last suspension. He had to sit out an entire year.
Now, on the cusp of being allowed to re-enter the league, he's failed yet another drug test. It's one thing to fail a piss test and get fired from Taco Bell, but for Christ's sake, this is the NFL. Put the fucking bong down and get your head on straight. You're over 30 years old Ricky, and your 'sell by' date may have already passed. You need to stack up the Benjamins while you can still play. You have the rest of your life to get baked.