PDA

View Full Version : Rugby

allied_assult
20-04-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm sure some of you guys play rugby and I was just wondering who does and if someone could maybe teach me the basics. I'm looking for a new sport to play and people don't like to teach it over here because they're sissys and say its too violent.

hasselbrad
20-04-2007, 09:31 PM
How old are you? Most colleges have independent rugby clubs, so you can play there. I knew guys that were members of The University of Alabama's rugby team when I was there. They were more of a club...not a part of Alabama's athletic department...and, as I recall, they didn't really care if you'd played before or not.

allied_assult
20-04-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm only 15 so they don't have any clubs or anything at my school for rugby. Last time someone played they got rid of it because too many people were gettting hurt.

DanMan
21-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Amazon.com has lots of books for learning rugby.
Also, tshirts, gear, etc... I just looked. :)

allied_assult
21-04-2007, 11:54 PM
thanks
:edit:
I found some rules on the internet but I can't really get them because I'm more of a visual person. Either that or I'm just stupid so, the books are out I guess :icon_lol:

devine kk
23-04-2007, 07:36 AM
well the name of the game is to score more points than the other team. This can be done by either placing the ball down over the opposing teams try line (5 points) or kicking the ball between the posts (3 points for a penalty and 2 points for a conversion folloing a try). Basically anything goes except fighting (that the ref can see) or playing the ball whilst on the floor or in an offside position (and there lies the art of the game).

allied_assult
24-04-2007, 01:15 AM