PDA

View Full Version : To be or not to be(the American President)

Pages : [1] 2

Ranman
20-04-2007, 01:25 PM
I haven't started a thread in a while so here it goes

In a year and a half, we in America will
elect a new President. I wanted to talk a little about
this, starting by a discussion about the candidates.
Lets start with the Republican candidates

John Mccain, who I actually like a little. He's been called
the Democrat of the Republican party. But his age and
position on the war will will keep him from winning.

Rudy Gulliani, Who I hate. And In Republican family
morality party, He's been divorced twice and is
pro choice and supports gay people.

Mitt Romney, He's been Pro choice and
supported gay people most of his career
(but has changed his position as of late).
He is a Mormon, so he could have more than
one wife in the White House

Fred Thompson, He's acting in Law and Order right now. nuff said

Newt Gringrich, Who I really hate, While Clinton was
getting a BJ and showing us a good use for cigars.
He had his own filthy sex romp going on. Cheating
on your wife is one thing but cheating with a women
with a face of a mule is another. And he's been divorced.

Lets talk democrats

Hillary Clinton, I do like her but half the country hates
her with a passion and I don't think this country is
ready for a women President.

Barack Obama, I like him too but with only two years
experience in the senate and being the first real black
candidate, not much of a chance. It makes me sad
to say that I don't think America is ready for him.

John Edwards, he's a one term senator and an ex trial lawyer.

There are a few others, feel free to discuss them.
I really want to hear from non-Americans on these candidates

Foeni
20-04-2007, 01:47 PM
All we hear about are scandals and what they've done/said of stupid things. Like when Mccain said Baghdad was safe enough for a quiet sunday afternoon walk (I believe that was his statement), but he had to wear a west and have bodyguards...
I think Hillary Clinton is the most well-known candidate in Europe. And she's probably the one the majority of Danes (10-20 people, it doesn't count much) would like to see as president.

hasselbrad
20-04-2007, 02:01 PM

I like him alright, but your assessment is right on the money. He won't win because of the issues you raised.

I don't understand why you hate Giuliani. As you stated, he's pro-choice, he's supported gay rights (when other New York pols avoided the issue) and sued gun manufacturers on behalf of New York City. And, he's not afraid to dress in drag. :p
Is it because he cleaned up Times Square?

I don't really know much about this guy, but his name is Mitt and I'm not a baseball fan.

Fred Thompson, He's acting in Law and Order right now. nuff said

Fred's a pretty good guy and despite spending a fair amount of time in Hollywood, seems to have a lot of common sense. Not sure how well he'd do in a national election though. He sounds presidential.

Newt's a smart guy who really knows history. He's also a fucking prick. He doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Lets talk democrats

Political weathervane. Hillary will say pretty much anything to get herself elected.

Good with the soundbyte, but I don't really know enough about him. He hasn't been in the political landscape long enough.

Three words say it all...ex trial lawyer. Sorry, but guys like Edwards are the reason insurance is so expensive and our legal system has been turned into some kind of fucking lottery.

I'd vote for Joe Lieberman over all of them.

Liam
20-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Obama did his dash with the Australian public long ago. His totally out of line comments regarding our troop contributions have only ensured that he will be very, very unwelcome in our country should he win office. If I was in charge, I'd have pulled our troops out of any and all US-led operations just to show this young fool with an insecure grasp on the importance of his allies just how important our contribution is.

I'm on the anyone-but-Obama bandwagon.

Mandy
20-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Offtopic, but how awesome would it be if Morgan Freeman was the president? Sorry, I watched Deep Impact the other day.

I should probably get more into politics than I am now. It all drives me a bit nuts, to be honest. That and I really can't be fucked to care about this country at the moment. :dontknowa

duckula
20-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Not the strongest line up but atleast it should provide more entertainment than the Kerry-Bush snorefest. I want to see Fred Thompson win because he seems like a relatively principled chap, even if those principles are a fair whack further right than mine.

Digital_Ice
21-04-2007, 06:35 PM
i heard something a while back that bush supporters were trying to get the constitution changed so he could server a third term. stupidest idea ever...

Ranman
21-04-2007, 10:39 PM
i heard something a while back that bush supporters were trying to get the constitution changed so he could server a third term. stupidest idea ever...

It was Bush himself, The stupidest person ever

Hazzle
22-04-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm on the anyone-but-Obama bandwagon.

So am I. Heard his speech the other day comparing the Virginia Tech massacres to Imus' statements and to outsourcing of US jobs abroad?

Fucking joke. Only someone stupider than Bush would say something like that. In fact the guy generally shows a complete lack of intelligence so staggering it makes Bush look like a fucking Mastermind.

However I've hated the Clinton campaign from the start, so I suppose I'm not "anyone-but-Obama". Clinton's almost as offensive a candidate as Obama. Christ, do the Democrats have to suck this badly? Both Democrat front-runners are a pair of cunting cunts. Clinton will do anything to get elected and Obama's hardly much better. Electioneering cunts.

McCain or Giuliani would be sound. I prefer Giuliani, personally, but McCain's always been the sort of guy I think would make a good president. Partisan politics is responsible for so much crap in the US that could be avoided with a good moderate politician in the White House.

Katielondon
23-04-2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.jackbauerforpresident2008.com/page/page/4413783.htm

:icon_popc

Hazzle
24-04-2007, 04:40 PM
He's a Democrat Katie ;)

http://www.taylormarsh.com/archives_view.php?id=1824

Katielondon
24-04-2007, 08:05 PM
He's a Democrat Katie ;)

http://www.taylormarsh.com/archives_view.php?id=1824

i agree with more of the Democrats policies in US politics, but in UK politics im very anti Labour and Lib Dem :icon_ques strange really.

Hazzle
24-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Democrats suck. Well, they have ever since Clinton

he was too busy BEING sucked.

Ranman
24-04-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm a democrat you shaved ape

hasselbrad
24-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Democrats suck. Well, they have ever since Clinton

he was too busy BEING sucked.

I'm a democrat you shaved ape

Thank you for proving his point. :p

kingdumbass
01-07-2007, 04:34 AM
I always follow these things closely, and my predictions are usually right....
I think it's going to come down to Romney and Clinton.

I don't like either. Hillary comes across as far too scripted; even when she's supposedly being "casual", it's all wrong. Plus, she's too controversial. Too many people would NEVER accept her. Why the dumbass Democrats are seeming to favor this candidate over the obviously rock solid Obama is just as ridiculous as their selection of John Kerry in 2004. And John Edwards? He remains as pathetic as ever.

Romney, on the GOP side, is a douchebag. His health care plan involves REQUIRING everyone to get health insurance, regardless of whether they can afford it. Those who fail to meet the obligation are penalized come tax time, even the poor. There are millions of people who would be fucked by such a system. To the working poor, an extra 150 dollar a month bill is not payable. And the idea of such individuals getting help from the government is laughable. The American system is not capable of dealing with such a complex matter so cleanly.

While Gulliani and McCain are getting all of the attention, Romney is quietly raising almost as much money as they are, and finding support in the Republican base, which I can't see going for Rudy in the end, given his background and philosophy. The addition of Fred Thompson into the mix will screw McCain's already declining chances -- they pull in the same types of voters.

In the end, I suppose I would prefer Clinton to Romney, only because her presidency would likely be nastier, and I enjoy hostile politics. Since I have abandoned the idea that the American government is capable of producing leaders and programs that REALLY solve any problems, I have come to regard politics are mere theater -- a form of entertainment, along the lines of a soap opera. Or wrestling. A Hillary presidency would be more entertaining. You know -- more body slams, and hopefully someone getting hit from behind with a folding chair....

One thing that I DO enjoy, though, is watching Bush's administration fall apart. How the mighty have fallen! I hope the Dems keep up the unrelenting pressure on those fuckheads without actually acting on it. Let there be smoke, but no fire. Politically, that's more helpful.

rani
01-07-2007, 04:40 AM
I am not an american neither a a privileged voter of USA but I want to air my insights about US Presidential Election.

USA Foreign Policies affected the whole world, in social, political and economic terms. Policies that make us poor and poorer, unending wars in different corners of the world. injustices in political practice of government to protect and preserve the "friendly" relationship between and among countries and the USA.

I am praying that US electorate will vote for a President with pro God and Pro Human Being agenda. But before that I pray that Democrats may come out with a Candidate carrying the same agenda.

This is not to mean any disrespect to US sovereignty but pure prayers to my Lord Jesus Christ.

Ranman
01-07-2007, 08:43 AM
I am praying that US electorate will vote for a President with pro God and Pro Human Being agenda. But before that I pray that Democrats may come out with a Candidate carrying the same agenda.

This is America, We only believe in God when another country has a stronger belief in their God. These days we only care about human beings when oil is involved.

I truly believe that the Dem's will nominate Hillary for the following reasons. The Dem's don't really want to take power in 08. whoever takes over will have a cluster fuck on their hands. No one from either party has a clue on how to win in Iraq. If we stay there, Americans die. If we leave, total chaos and the notion that a little country like Iraq can beat America will no doubt Influence Muslim's around the world, that we can be beat. The reason for nominating Hillary for this is she probably can't win in the general election. The only issue that unites the Republican party these days is their hatred if Hillary. Obama kind of has the same effect for different reasons. Republicans don't like black people. When Republicans look at Obama and his staff on stage they think there is a sale going on and they can buy some farm help. This country is not ready for a black man as president(sorry to say that). This is the first time a independent has a chance to win. Mike Bloomberg, The mayor of New York city has like a ga-zillion dollars is interested in running. He could buy the whole thing.

I hope Ralph Nader will run again. He is anti big government and pro environment. The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.

rani
02-07-2007, 05:46 AM
This is America, We only believe in God when another country has a stronger belief in their God. These days we only care about human beings when oil is involved.

I truly believe that the Dem's will nominate Hillary for the following reasons. The Dem's don't really want to take power in 08. whoever takes over will have a cluster fuck on their hands. No one from either party has a clue on how to win in Iraq. If we stay there, Americans die. If we leave, total chaos and the notion that a little country like Iraq can beat America will no doubt Influence Muslim's around the world, that we can be beat. The reason for nominating Hillary for this is she probably can't win in the general election. The only issue that unites the Republican party these days is their hatred if Hillary. Obama kind of has the same effect for different reasons. Republicans don't like black people. When Republicans look at Obama and his staff on stage they think there is a sale going on and they can buy some farm help. This country is not ready for a black man as president(sorry to say that). This is the first time a independent has a chance to win. Mike Bloomberg, The mayor of New York city has like a ga-zillion dollars is interested in running. He could buy the whole thing.

I hope Ralph Nader will run again. He is anti big government and pro environment. The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.

thanks for the information but i will appreciate if you could provide me more than just personalities but issues sound policy. like their position in iraq war. nuclear programs of iran and korea, and the seeming to start up cold war between russia and u.s.

the regional cooperation agreements balancing policies. the world bank policies. etc.

thanks.

uppss, why is there a need to win the war in iraq. let us recall the objective of the us soldiers occupancy of iraq. it is about wmd. but no wmd was found. so what now? iraqi different tribes resist the presence of us soldiers in their territory.

u.s citizen also resist the continuing and increasing death rate of the brave americans in iraq.

US liberated iraq from saddam, but who will liberate iraq from U.S.?

hasselbrad
02-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Sit down Randy.
We agree almost 100% here.
:icon_surp

:icon_lol:

Digital_Ice
03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
well theres a first time for everything! lol.

Edit:

Jon Stewart for President!!

lol

either that... or me.

Keira lover
07-07-2007, 12:55 AM
No lets look at the GOP

Rudy: held together NYC after 9/11 and is dedicated to the world on terror
McCain: stands by his beliefs and principles, and doesn't change his views on even numbered years.
Romney: has a record as a fiscal conservative.
Thompson: Reagan-esc, believes in winning war on terror

The Dems:
Hillary: her health care system will destroy the greatest health care in the world, (We are 1st, not 30 something, Micheal Moore) Liar, hippocrate, flip flopper, etc..... need i go on
Edwards: fights for the poor while having $400 hair, and the poor people who love across the street hate him.
Obama: a good mas, but is too idealistic and would likely hurt us by trying to benefit the "common good" which is NOT how are country was meant to work.

Oh, and if Gore ran, hed put all Federal funding toward "global warming" and away from fighting terror (hey, the environment is great, but it is less important than PREVENTING THE DESTRUCTIOPN OF THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH, THAT HAS SAVED BILLIONS OF LIVES AND PREVENTED WORLD DOMINATION BY CRAZY SYCHOPATHS, TWICE.)

Oh, and health care, if we put the government in charge, what was a week long wait for an appointment would become 6 months. Although, The US is NOT a democracy, but a Republic. Our system of government and taxes were not designed by the founding fathers for "the common good" but to provide the necessary, but minimal funding for the government. This money went to the military and salaries, and the little do dads and what nots needed, like paper for bills and courts and ink. Our welfare system must be abolished. The US was set up so that those who work hard get ahead, and those that don't work, don;t get ahead. Not so that the left can get the poor to vote for themby demonizing the rich, who, oh my god, actually worked for their wealth (if you don't believe they worked for it, her are 2 examples: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett)

Oh, and those of you against gun ownership, I have some text for you:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infriged.

that was the second amendment, and if you can impeach the founders, you must be one of them.

So, if we like our country, Rudy is the best choice, or McCain.

Keira lover
07-07-2007, 12:57 AM
well theres a first time for everything! lol.

Edit:

Jon Stewart for President!!

lol

either that... or me.

Don;t joke about the future of the free world

Keira lover
07-07-2007, 01:49 AM
I haven't started a thread in a while so here it goes

In a year and a half, we in America will
elect a new President. I wanted to talk a little about
this, starting by a discussion about the candidates.
Lets start with the Republican candidates

Note: We will not elect a president. We will vote, and then the congressmen and senators will the cast there electoral college vote based on the popular votes from their district. This is a republic and how the framers intended.

John Sidney McCain III has standed by what he believes and never changes his views based on public opinion. he has fought for this country and was taken prisoner for it. He was tortured, and survived. He has never given in.

Rudolph Guiliani held the city of New York together during 9/11. He went to the scene, he took control of the situation, he attended hundreds of the funerals, he was America's Mayor. He sent Fat Tony Salerno up the river, he cut taxes 23 times, he cut crime and unemployment and cleaned up the NYPD. He took New York from one of the most dangerous cities in the countrie to the safest. Now, either you have no idea what Rudy has done, are am ultra-liberal partisan, high, or a criminal/

Oh, and McCain's been divorced a couple of times, now.

Gee, and I thought the "progressives'' were the open minded ones and the conservatives were the bigots. Gee, guess I'm wrong. How low can you go. How can you impeach a man based on his religious beliefs. Romney is not a polygamist, but how can you insult the man on his religion. Have you no decency? At long last, have you no decency?

Fred Thompson, He's acting in Law and Order right now. nuff said.
L&O is a good show, and Thompson is a Regean-esc conservative (nut he won't be the next gipper, tho. Because only the gipper can be gipper and he is kind of dead.) And, Thompson has left Law and Order.

Gingrich had an affair well leading the charge against Bill Clinton for lying under owth, which is a class E felony, at least in New York. Clinton said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman...Ms. Lewinsky." Now if a BJ is not sexual (note, i did not say it was sex, just that it was sexual), then why is forcing one to give you one a sex crime? He did have a sexual relation with that woman. I do not understand, however, why he would risk his career, his legacy, on a BJ with a woman who looked like Monica Lewinsky? I would never risk my political career on that. Oh, and what's wrong with Fmr. Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich? He lead the republican revolution in 1994. Man, was it a great day when they retook Congress. I'm still crying about the Dem control of the 110th Congress. Mark My Words: The GOP WILL retake the house, and the Senate in 08, 2010, and god willing , 2012.

Lets talk democrats

You must be high. Clinton wants to nationalize health care, which will cause a total breakdown of our health care system, causing people to wait months, not days to see a doctor, causing hundreds of deaths from step-throat. And even if her system is even OK, how will we pay for it? Taxes, Taxes, Taxes. Do you want to pay more taxes? Then the government would grow, and grow and grow. Then we'd be left with a bloated bureacracy that will soon fall. The small departments wont work together and finally, the gov't would just collapse. It would be all over. All those millions of good men, the founders, the soldiers, the people, who fought, who sacrificed, who died for the American experiment would be forgotten, and there sacrifices would have been in vain. God, do I hope I am dead and forgotten when that happens. I would rather die than allow this country to falter, to fail, to die as had so many great societies have done before. Now, these are the times that try mens' souls.

Obama is not the first black candidate. Shirley Chisom ran in the early 20th century. She was a black woman.

Edwards was an ambulance chaser, and a disgusting, hippocritical human being.

There are a few others, feel free to discuss them.
I really want to hear from non-Americans on these candidates

Note: there are like 20 more.

I did edited it, ignore the quote thing

Ranman
07-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Note: there are like 20 more.

I did edited it, ignore the quote thing

I said there were others, and what did Ice say about double posting you fecking dickhead

Leonie
07-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Your health care system is first in the world?

Bwahahaha.

Keira lover
08-07-2007, 05:23 PM
It was Bush himself, The stupidest person ever

Well, the stupid 2 term limit crap should be repealed, but either way, Dubya won't run again

I said there were others, and what did Ice say about double posting you fecking dickhead

first of all, it's fucking dickead, and what r u talking about.

duckula
08-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Words fail me.

Foeni
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Keira Lover, how many times do you have to be told not to double post? Let me just give you three days to think about that.

Ranman
08-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Well, the stupid 2 term limit crap should be repealed, but either way, Dubya won't run again

first of all, it's fucking dickead, and what r u talking about.

I did it on purpose you idiot, I try not to use the F word. We have younglins here

Digital_Ice
09-07-2007, 02:06 AM
did he just correct your insult... and call himself a fucking dickhead?

Pygmalion
09-07-2007, 05:44 AM
I don't care who the new president is, since if we get a new prime minister he won't care either.
Hopefully.

Keira lover
12-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Your health care system is first in the world?

Bwahahaha.

The US does have the best health care system in the world. Note: Ranman= I'm listening to Newt Gingrich now.

Digital_Ice, I did not insult myself. If I did, I'd call myself any egotisticol SOB who does anything i can to advance myself, in which case, he'd be correct. I was correcting his insult.

Ranman
12-07-2007, 07:41 AM
If america has the best health care system in the world how come 1/3 of america don't have health coverage?

Digital_Ice
12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
did he just correct your insult...

I was correcting his insult.

:p

also, i was being sarcastic.

ooh, and i found this
http://dll.umaine.edu/ble/U.S.%20HCweb.pdf

hasselbrad
12-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Our healthcare system is too good for its own good, and that's why it's so expensive. By that, I mean our current healthcare system places more and more burden on itself as the medical community does a better job caring for and prolonging the lives of those who a couple of decades ago would have been condemned to death. Premature infants place a tremendous financial burden on our healthcare system. Infants that a decade ago would have simply been termed miscarriages are now considered medically viable. Elderly patients live longer due to improved healthcare procedures and drugs.
The sophistication of medical equipment has spiralled upward in the last twenty or so years due to technological breakthroughs, but then, so too has cost. Billions of dollars are poured into research and development by corporations in this country to create drugs, tests and machines that allow doctors to perform miracles on a regular basis, and somewhere, these costs have to be offset.
Who's to blame?
It's easy to say "George W. Bush", but it's a hell of a lot more complicated than that. It's also easy to point at any number of other healthcare entities; hospitals, doctors, insurance companies. While it's true that these are all part of the problem, one cannot overlook the culpability of personal injury lawyers in driving up the costs for the aforementioned through frivolous lawsuits. You think health insurance is expensive? Take a look at malpractice insurance. Doctors are held to an almost unreasonable standard. Anything short of perfection and miracles are grounds for a lawsuit. Trauma units are being shut down in some areas due to lawsuits involving accident victims who were basically dead on arrival, and failed to respond to treatment.
Of course, the dirty little secret that most people like to avoid is the fact that a lot of people don't have health coverage because it isn't a priority. 42,000,000 people in the United States don't have health coverage. However, there are 195,000,000 cellphones in use in the United States, meaning roughly two thirds of the population is paying for cellphone service. Furthermore, in December of 2006 alone, $3,700,000,000 (yes...that many zeros) was spent on videogame hardware and software. We spend an awful lot on things that would have been considered luxuries a generation ago to have what is termed a "crisis" on our hands.
Just a thought...

Keira lover
18-07-2007, 09:20 PM
If america has the best health care system in the world how come 1/3 of america don't have health coverage?

correction: 15% of americans don't have health care. 1/3=33%=not true. Also, the quality of the care is what matters, not the number of insured peoples. If we socialize medicine, the system will become the worst in the world.

Ranman
18-07-2007, 09:57 PM
not the number of insured peoples. If we socialize medicine, the system will become the worst in the world.

What if you're one of that number of uninsured, I think you would care. And HMO'S have destroyed the quality of medicine, when doctors receive a bonus for not doing certain test or cutting corners, I'd say its already the worst in the world.

I thought you were banned forever

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 12:54 PM
What if you're one of that number of uninsured, I think you would care. And HMO'S have destroyed the quality of medicine, when doctors receive a bonus for not doing certain test or cutting corners, I'd say its already the worst in the world.

I thought you were banned forever

You and I agree about HMOs. Worst fucking idea ever...save for getting the government directly involved in healthcare.
;)

Jacoby
19-07-2007, 04:23 PM
correction: 15% of americans don't have health care. 1/3=33%=not true. Also, the quality of the care is what matters, not the number of insured peoples. If we socialize medicine, the system will become the worst in the world.

Yeah, because the 2/3 of us who have health insurance in America get top quality service. I actually spent 20 dollars today on a checkup with my doctor. Sure it was a good visit because I've known her my whole life, but 20 dollars just to talk for 5 minutes. That should be covered.

No lets look at the GOP

Rudy: held together NYC after 9/11 and is dedicated to the world on terror
McCain: stands by his beliefs and principles, and doesn't change his views on even numbered years.
Romney: has a record as a fiscal conservative.
Thompson: Reagan-esc, believes in winning war on terror

The Dems:
Hillary: her health care system will destroy the greatest health care in the world, (We are 1st, not 30 something, Micheal Moore) Liar, hippocrate, flip flopper, etc..... need i go on
Edwards: fights for the poor while having $400 hair, and the poor people who love across the street hate him.
Obama: a good mas, but is too idealistic and would likely hurt us by trying to benefit the "common good" which is NOT how are country was meant to work.

I love how one-sided this summation is. Jesus Christ, it's embarassing.
Also one thing I find incredibly ironic in this post is how you misspelt "hypocrite" when trying to bitch out Hillary Clinton. You actually wrote "Hippocrate" which is much closer to Hippocrates, who is an Ancient Greek Psyciatrist, known as the Father of Medicine and one of the most important figures in Health for his society.
And what a weak argument against Edwards, his hair is expensive... okay. And as you said, "the poor people who love [sic] across the street hate him." So...you think America is in the best standing when you have POOR FUCKING PEOPLE living across the street? Jesus, are you even human?

And Obama wants the "benefit for the'common good' which is NOT how the country was meant to work"? How was it meant to work? So the rich people can fuck the asshole of the poor? That's bullshit.

How old are you anyway? You sound like a fucking 12 year old who just regurgitates what his ignorant, conservative father yells at the T.V. each night...right before he beats his least favorite son.

And learn to write clearly. It's important to be coherent if you want to be President of the Free World. Well...it will be after this current president.

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 04:43 PM
So...you think America is in the best standing when you have POOR FUCKING PEOPLE living across the street? Jesus, are you even human?

The poor should be kept in camps. Behind fences with razor wire on top.

Leonie
19-07-2007, 05:16 PM

Not very classy.

As for presidential elections, I reckon anyone who isn't Bush is an improvement. That includes EVERYONE. Except Al Gore, cause he bothers me. He seems to have taken hypocrisy on a world tour.

Jacoby
19-07-2007, 05:21 PM

Haha, I guess so.

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Haha, I guess so.

I'm glad someone got the irony. :rolleyes:

Keira lover
19-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah, because the 2/3 of us who have health insurance in America get top quality service. I actually spent 20 dollars today on a checkup with my doctor. Sure it was a good visit because I've known her my whole life, but 20 dollars just to talk for 5 minutes. That should be covered.

I love how one-sided this summation is. Jesus Christ, it's embarassing.
Also one thing I find incredibly ironic in this post is how you misspelt "hypocrite" when trying to bitch out Hillary Clinton. You actually wrote "Hippocrate" which is much closer to Hippocrates, who is an Ancient Greek Psyciatrist, known as the Father of Medicine and one of the most important figures in Health for his society.
And what a weak argument against Edwards, his hair is expensive... okay. And as you said, "the poor people who love [sic] across the street hate him." So...you think America is in the best standing when you have POOR FUCKING PEOPLE living across the street? Jesus, are you even human?

And Obama wants the "benefit for the'common good' which is NOT how the country was meant to work"? How was it meant to work? So the rich people can fuck the asshole of the poor? That's bullshit.

How old are you anyway? You sound like a fucking 12 year old who just regurgitates what his ignorant, conservative father yells at the T.V. each night...right before he beats his least favorite son.

And learn to write clearly. It's important to be coherent if you want to be President of the Free World. Well...it will be after this current president.

The country was designed based on a capitalist economy: people work for what they have. You work hard, you get ahead. You don't, you end up poor. Simple as that. The gov't was not set up to address social issues and help people who won't help themselves. The government derives it's power from the people and only purpose is to provide for the common defense and enforce and make laws, based on the constitution, which I suggest you reAd. That is it. No welfare, no coddling those who don't work hard.

And, John Edwards lives accross from a trailer park. I saw an interview with many of those people: most hated him. And I couldn't care less about his haircut if he didn't talk about 2 Americas and demonizes the rich who have. for the most part, worked hard to get where they are (Carnegie, Rockeffeler, Bloomberg, Gates,etc...), while he is making the problem worse with these $1,200 (it turns out we had the price wrong) and the huge mansions, etc..

And, it was a typo. Give me a fucking break. I just misspelled (not misspelt) one word. maybe, I should see a psychiatrist? figure it out. looks whose talking.
Welfare is not the gov't job. It is the job of the individual to provide for himself. I will not pay for someone else's surgery or health care if all they do is get high and drunk. I follow the law and work hard. The guy i described doesn't.

Oh, I am 15 years old. I am my father's only true son (not counting his wife's kids), and have 2 sisters. My father is an independent (college-educated, political science major,), my mother is blue blooded (teacher). And, Note, I am not known for compassion. I am known for my far right views and interesting personality, all of which i have developed myself over my lifetime. I am a cold, ruthless, power hungry individual. But what's new? And, I never said that I was fair and balanced, did I. of course it's one sided! It's commentary.

Leonie, I though I was the only one who saw that in Algore.

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 05:49 PM

You know what. That wasn't very classy either.
Leonie, I'm sorry. I wasn't very nice to you there and I apologize.

And, to stay on topic...I don't like John Edwards because he has gotten filthy rich by suing and then fleecing his clients.

Ranman
19-07-2007, 06:09 PM
You know what. That wasn't very classy either.
Leonie, I'm sorry. I wasn't very nice to you there and I apologize.

And, to stay on topic...I don't like John Edwards because he has gotten filthy rich by suing and then fleecing his clients.

How do you know that? was he ever your lawyer? he ever fleece you? or are you quoting the likes of rush and ann?

Jacoby
19-07-2007, 06:43 PM
It could be either misspelt or misspelled, keira lover.

And I disagree with your theory on all the rich work hard get what they have. A lot of wealth in America is inherited.

And it's not so easy for the poor/homeless to just work hard an GIIIT-R-Doonee because sometimes it's not their fault where they are. It's not easy to get a job when you don't have a home. If you can't shower do you think you'll do well in an interview? Even the most motivated person can crumble under that kind of stress.

I don't want to argue with you about anything else, though. You clearly think very highly of yourself, and I could be spending my time doing much better things. Like staring at a wall.

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 06:58 PM
How do you know that? was he ever your lawyer? he ever fleece you? or are you quoting the likes of rush and ann?

It's a well known fact that personal injury attorneys reap the lion's share of settlements, often leaving victims in worse shape than they would have been in had they simply settled.
I'm not taking a swipe at all attorneys, I just happen to view personal injury attorneys with disdain. I've seen the huge settlements gobbled up by law firms while the actual victims were left in dire financial straits once a settlement had been reached.
When Monsanto was found guilty of polluting the environment of Anniston, Alabama, the company was fined $700,000,000.
The average plaintiff, whose health had been damaged beyond repair by PCB contamination, received about $7,000.
Johnny Cochran made $29,000,000.
Jere Beazley, the lead attorney in Alabama made $34,000,000.
Seems equitable to me.
:dontknowa

Ranman
19-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Both my parents are lawyers, dad's a defence attorney and mom's a real estate attorney, both make more than personal injury attorneys. And they work less. most personal injury attorneys do it because they like it. There are easier ways to make money in law.

Leonie
19-07-2007, 08:10 PM

I got the irony, I'm just a bit hypersensitive about the subject, I suppose. Seeing as my grandfather nearly died on a number of occasion to keep people away from barbed wired fences, I fail to see the humour of it.

It could be PMS, too.

And, it was a typo. Give me a fucking break. I just misspelled (not misspelt) one word. maybe, I should see a psychiatrist? figure it out. looks whose talking.

I learnt in school that misspelt is actually fine. Or maybe I just dreamt that.

Bottom line: British English. Learn to live with it. Your lovely Keira speaks it.

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Both my parents are lawyers, dad's a defence attorney and mom's a real estate attorney, both make more than personal injury attorneys. And they work less. most personal injury attorneys do it because they like it. There are easier ways to make money in law.

I don't begrudge someone earning a living. I just think it's obscene when those who are truly affected receive about one fifth of the settlement. And, it's not the real estate attorneys who are clogging up the legal system with frivolous lawsuits. John Edwards has made a lot more than the average attorney.

I got the irony, I'm just a bit hypersensitive about the subject, I suppose. Seeing as my grandfather nearly died on a number of occasion to keep people away from barbed wired fences, I fail to see the humour of it.

It could be PMS, too.

Yeah, I kind of figured that. That's why I apologized.:icon_redf

Ranman
19-07-2007, 08:36 PM
frivolous lawsuits

I want to hear you say that when you get hurt and need a lawyer

Leonie
19-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I kind of figured that. That's why I apologized.:icon_redf

Is the PMS that obvious? :icon_lol:

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I want to hear you say that when you get hurt and need a lawyer

Marcia's mother got smashed into by some asshole who fell asleep at the wheel at 8:30 AM. Now, she's in pain and I fully support her right to sue the prick. I'm talking about the lotto style lawsuits. The guy who sues a friend's grandparents because they didn't warn him adequately that he shouldn't dive in the shallow end of the pool. (he took it all the way to the Supreme Court)
The people who sue Volusia County, Florida because they weren't adequately warned by said county not to dangle their legs in shark infested waters.
People like a friend of mine who sued an ATV maker because he got injured riding one, even though he was far too young to be riding it at the time of the accident.

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Is the PMS that obvious? :icon_lol:

No, not the PMS. I just realized how rude I was.

However, I do find it odd that you and Marcia are apparently riding the same cycle.

Ranman
19-07-2007, 09:10 PM
See brad there is the problem, they want to put a cap on all lawsuits. they want to decide who's faking and who's not. I hope marcia's mom is ok but back pain is the most abused complaint. Do you really want them to tell marcia what she can or can't have?

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 09:20 PM
There's no perfect solution. In Alabama, they put a cap of three times actual damages for punitive damages. Of course, this is the state (in)famous for the bad BMW paint job $70,000,000 lawsuit. Three times actual damages is, in my opinion, too low, but I wouldn't have a problem with up to ten at the judge's discretion.
Also, I would be in favor of the state having doctors on some sort of retainer to give an unbiased opinion of someone's physical state.

Ranman
19-07-2007, 09:24 PM
And whats the cap for someone's death, And the people who are trying to reform the system want a small cap for everything.

hasselbrad
19-07-2007, 09:28 PM
That's where compromise comes in. The people who want to limit judgements to $1,000 are going to have to compromise with those who want a free for all.

Back on topic...I like Joe Lieberman. Nominate him and I'll vote Democrat.

Keira lover
25-07-2007, 09:14 PM
It could be either misspelt or misspelled, keira lover.

And I disagree with your theory on all the rich work hard get what they have. A lot of wealth in America is inherited.

And it's not so easy for the poor/homeless to just work hard an GIIIT-R-Doonee because sometimes it's not their fault where they are. It's not easy to get a job when you don't have a home. If you can't shower do you think you'll do well in an interview? Even the most motivated person can crumble under that kind of stress.

I don't want to argue with you about anything else, though. You clearly think very highly of yourself, and I could be spending my time doing much better things. Like staring at a wall.

Andrew Carnegie
John D. Rockeffeller
Micheal Bloomberg
Bill Gates
Conrad Hilton
Warren Buffet

And, i got news for you. the percent of people who inherited their millions+ is very low, less than 10%, and there is nothing wrong with that. The people who made it wanted it to go to their heirs.

And i have an ego problem, obviously

Ranman
26-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Where did you come up with less than 10%, I think its higher than that.

Keira lover
26-07-2007, 01:12 AM
i was refering to those who inherited all their money. Most inherited something, but made so much more.

Ranman
07-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Time for an update for all you non-Americans who are interested. It seems its going to be a showdown between Hill and Obama for the Dem nomination. They are way ahead in most polls with Hill leading most of them. As for the Republican's John Mccain has dropped off so far he would need a miracle to win. It being reported today that Rudy's daughter is campianing for Obama, Not a good thing for Rudy. Romney is being called a flip flopper which is what killed John kerry in the last election. Fred Thompson has not entered the race yet. In my opinion the republican party is in complete chaos. The only thing that can unite them is if Hillary wins the nomination.

Ranman
13-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Another update

Iowa had some kind of primary yesterday(they are without a doubt a backwards state) And mitt Romney won and Hucklebee came second (I sure you're asking yourself who the heck Hucklebee is) All the top candidates showed nothing. This is going to be an interesting election for sure.

Keira lover
15-08-2007, 10:35 PM
A) It is Mike Huckabee, not hucklebee.
B) Iowa held their straw poll the other day. It is an indicator of where ever one stands.
C) Why is the GOP inc chaos?

Ranman
18-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Time for an update for all those non-Americans out there.
The first Primary's are less than 3 weeks away. This is how things look from my point of view.

On the Democrat side, Hillary Clinton has blown her lead in all the early primary's. She still has leads in the bigger states, but if she doesn't do well in the early elections most people think she'll be out of it. The reason for her decline is a poor performance in one of the debates and some of her staff went negative on Obama.

Barack Obama leads many of the polls now, And does seem to the candidate of change, But I don't think America really wants change and I'm still not sure if a black man can win. I really have no problem with him, but if he did win I think some redneck would kill him.

John Edwards is my favorite out of the bunch, he's doing well in the early poll's and could even in Iowa. He is a trial lawyer and does
seem to care about the little guy. But I believe that even he thinks he can't win.

Bill Richardson is my second favorite, he is a governor right now and has held various positions in the Clinton administration.
Joe Biden, Probably has the most experience out of all of them and doesn't show up at all in the early polls.

On the Republican side, you could say the shit has hit the fan. I'll start with Mitt Romney, Has out spent everyone in Iowa by 10 to 1, and it looked like it was going to pay off, he was on top of every poll for a while, but has fallen to second this week and is losing ground in New Hampshire. His problem is he has flip flopped on every major position in the Republican party. He is also a member of the Mormon faith. Hard core Christian conservatives consider that a cult religion and you know who these idiots are, the same boobs that came out in droves to vote for Our current President Bush, and we all seen how that turned out.

So these idiots have turned to our next contestant, Mike Huckabee, He is playing up to these fanatics and it is working.
He has a lead in Iowa right now and is rapidly moving up in every other poll. Our next person of interest is Rudy Giuliani', He never had mush steam in all the early primary's but had huge leads in the bigger states, which is what they seemed to plan for. They spent practically no money in the early states. His problem is he is opposed to most of the issues on his party, he is for a women’s
choice, and is pro gay rights. But as the others candidates looking more electable it has hurt him. He has already lost his lead in the first big state Florida and is losing ground in the other states.

John Mccain would be the oldest man ever elected President if he won, and I wouldn’t have a problem with that. He's not a fan of the oil companies and seem to be a intelligent man. He was a prisoner of war during the Vietnam war and genuinely seems
to care about the country. His problem is he is pro-Iraqi war which most people are against. He has little appeal in all the polls and would need a miracle to win.

And speaking of miracles let me introduce you to Ron Paul, Don't know who he is? well neither do most Americans. The only reason
I bring him up is that this bozo has raised more money than any other Republican candidate. Isn't this a lovely race, now you know what’s going here in the USA.

I would like to say that If England, The Netherlands, Australia or any other peace loving country would like to declare war on us, we will surrender and and accept any terms.
( I have no problem bowing to a queen)

Digital_Ice
18-12-2007, 11:17 PM

am i the only one that saw the double meaning there?

Ranman
18-12-2007, 11:27 PM
am i the only one that saw the double meaning there?

I am not gay. ( not that there is anything wrong with that)

Keira lover
16-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Time for an update for all those non-Americans out there.
The first Primary's are less than 3 weeks away. This is how things look from my point of view.

On the Democrat side, Hillary Clinton has blown her lead in all the early primary's. She still has leads in the bigger states, but if she doesn't do well in the early elections most people think she'll be out of it. The reason for her decline is a poor performance in one of the debates and some of her staff went negative on Obama.

Barack Obama leads many of the polls now, And does seem to the candidate of change, But I don't think America really wants change and I'm still not sure if a black man can win. I really have no problem with him, but if he did win I think some redneck would kill him.

John Edwards is my favorite out of the bunch, he's doing well in the early poll's and could even in Iowa. He is a trial lawyer and does
seem to care about the little guy. But I believe that even he thinks he can't win.

Bill Richardson is my second favorite, he is a governor right now and has held various positions in the Clinton administration.
Joe Biden, Probably has the most experience out of all of them and doesn't show up at all in the early polls.

On the Republican side, you could say the shit has hit the fan. I'll start with Mitt Romney, Has out spent everyone in Iowa by 10 to 1, and it looked like it was going to pay off, he was on top of every poll for a while, but has fallen to second this week and is losing ground in New Hampshire. His problem is he has flip flopped on every major position in the Republican party. He is also a member of the Mormon faith. Hard core Christian conservatives consider that a cult religion and you know who these idiots are, the same boobs that came out in droves to vote for Our current President Bush, and we all seen how that turned out.

So these idiots have turned to our next contestant, Mike Huckabee, He is playing up to these fanatics and it is working.
He has a lead in Iowa right now and is rapidly moving up in every other poll. Our next person of interest is Rudy Giuliani', He never had mush steam in all the early primary's but had huge leads in the bigger states, which is what they seemed to plan for. They spent practically no money in the early states. His problem is he is opposed to most of the issues on his party, he is for a women’s
choice, and is pro gay rights. But as the others candidates looking more electable it has hurt him. He has already lost his lead in the first big state Florida and is losing ground in the other states.

John Mccain would be the oldest man ever elected President if he won, and I wouldn’t have a problem with that. He's not a fan of the oil companies and seem to be a intelligent man. He was a prisoner of war during the Vietnam war and genuinely seems
to care about the country. His problem is he is pro-Iraqi war which most people are against. He has little appeal in all the polls and would need a miracle to win.

And speaking of miracles let me introduce you to Ron Paul, Don't know who he is? well neither do most Americans. The only reason
I bring him up is that this bozo has raised more money than any other Republican candidate. Isn't this a lovely race, now you know what’s going here in the USA.

I would like to say that If England, The Netherlands, Australia or any other peace loving country would like to declare war on us, we will surrender and and accept any terms.

Ron Paul made some 6 million dollars in 1 day. I am too tired to get into it today.

Ranman
16-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Ron Paul made some 6 million dollars in 1 day

And has zero chance of winning it all

hasselbrad
16-01-2008, 08:16 PM
And has zero chance of winning it all

Thing is, I see Ron Paul signs and stickers everywhere. I see very few signs for anyone else. Paul's constituency may be the most active, which could lead to a Perot style fracturing of the vote.

Ranman
16-01-2008, 08:35 PM
wanna put money on that?

hasselbrad
16-01-2008, 08:59 PM
On what? That Paul manages to get 18% of the popular vote?

Ranman
16-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I doubt that. You don't see any Rudy stuff down there? He is suppose to be all over Florida.

hasselbrad
16-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I've seen more Ron Paul signs...big ones...in the area around the office park I work in than anyone else. I've seen a lot in Atlanta and Alabama as well. I've yet to see a Giuliani sticker or sign here. I've seen a few Obama and Clinton stickers, but nowhere near as many as I've seen of Ron Paul. Small business owners seem to be firmly entrenched with Paul.

DefyingGravity
03-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I support Obama.

Or Hillary, really. But Obama, more so.

I absolutely cannot stand Romney, which is quite funny seeing as how I'm also a Mormon.

Ranman
18-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Update, Alot has happened in the past few weeks

John Mccain Has surged to the head of the pack. Romney, Giuliani, Thompson all out. That huckleberry hound dude is still in it but most agree has no chance. On the Dem's side it has really turned out to be the race of the century. Its down to the 2 main characters, Hill and Obama. And Obama is winning. I may have been wrong, This country may be ready to elect a Black President. I would no longer be ashamed to be an American if this came to be. I just saw on a TV show that 5 people at 5 different speeches fainted while Obama spoke. This guy is on fire and I'm hoping he goes all the way. I wouldn't count the Clintons out just yet but Hill will need a miracle to win. Obama is the man and can bring this country out of the dark its been in for a long while.

Foeni
19-02-2008, 09:08 AM
If the next president will be democratic, I hope it will be Obama. I don't like the Clinton woman.

Leonie
19-02-2008, 10:26 AM
How beautifully misogynistically expressed, Foeni. "The Clinton woman"... Bloody hell. What's next, you don't mind "the black guy"?

hasselbrad
19-02-2008, 12:39 PM
How beautifully misogynistically expressed, Foeni. "The Clinton woman"... Bloody hell. What's next, you don't mind "the black guy"?

With all due respect, there was a Clinton man so I can see where he might need to make the distinction.
For what it's worth, I don't like the Clinton woman either. Not because she has a vagina, but mostly because she's a socialist.

Ranman
19-02-2008, 01:16 PM
What the Clinton woman ever do to you Foeni?

And Brad I think it is because she has a vagina you fag

Renegade
19-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I feel like a retard for not knowing shit about politics. But there was an Obama rally on campus and it sounds like he knows what he's doing. I'm not voting for Hilary because apparently, she started crying after people labeled her emotionless. Don't know if that's true but that doesn't sit right with me.

hasselbrad
19-02-2008, 09:27 PM
What the Clinton woman ever do to you Foeni?

And Brad I think it is because she has a vagina you fag

Honestly, I'm not sure she does. I think that's why Bill was allowed to fuck anything that did.

Leonie
19-02-2008, 09:27 PM
With all due respect, there was a Clinton man so I can see where he might need to make the distinction.

That's why her parents gave her a first name...

hasselbrad
19-02-2008, 09:30 PM
That's why her parents gave her a first name...

:D
Didn't she try to claim she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, even though she was born five years before he reached the summit if Everest?

duckula
20-02-2008, 12:25 AM
But there was an Obama rally on campus and it sounds like he knows what he's doing.

He doesn't. Good orator, would be suprised if he could run a piss up in a brewery.

Leonie
20-02-2008, 09:16 AM
He doesn't. Good orator, would be suprised if he could run a piss up in a brewery.
Of the type "Aristotle would have loved him, Plato would have hated him"?

duckula
20-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Indeed. Not sure where I come down on the argument but if rhetoric is all you have, you don't have much.

Leonie
20-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I am very undecided about who I'd back if I were American. I don't like Clinton's spin doctor practices - I think such skills, as handy as they may be, aren't what you want in a president who will be cleaning up Bush's mess. There's enough covering up going on as is, I wouldn't like the next American president to rewrite history.

Obama seems charismatic enough, but I'm not sure how good he would be at the non-verbal parts of the job. That said, I'm fairly certain Bush is a fruitcake, but with the help of a team of people with half a brain, he's kept the country running, more or less. I'm not saying Bush did a great job, but had he run the country on his own, I think we'd be in even more trouble. Perhaps, with experienced people advising him, Obama could do a reasonably good job.

Let's just say I don't envy those who have to vote on this one.

PYH93
20-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree with you on some of your points,such as Clinton,but I think Obama is going to be a perfect choice to be the president!Full of energy and is the man who can really change the present status of the country and clear Bush's mess!If I'm a American, I think I should vote for him!

duckula
20-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I'd vote McCain. Not a big fan of his politics but with a Democrat congress (a lock at this point) he can't crazy up the country. Not that he is even that right wing, he believes in amnesty for illegals (only logical position at this point) and other more centrist policies.
I suppose the most basic metric is who do you trust to have the power to command the greatest military force the world has seen. Obama is a neophyte, Clinton was part of a administration that mishandled most military matters and seems to have very little understanding of the utility of force. McCain is atleast a safe pair of hands on this front.

Leonie
20-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm not too familiar with McCain's policies, I should really look into that. From a quick glance at the Internet, I take it he is on the more democratic side of the republican spectrum, but less so than Guliani?

duckula
20-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Guliani was a bit tough to figure. I was never sure where he fell on national issues other than 'I was Mayor of NY on 9/11'. McCain is center-right, so more on the democrat side of the republicans.

Leonie
20-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah, Guliani seemed too Democrat to be a Republican, and vice versa. That said, perhaps someone in between the two is just what the US needs. What I remember about Guliani is that he was pro-abortion and pro-something else that freaked out a bunch of Republicans, probably gay marriage. Those two seem good ways to sway voters who find those issues important, but given that the US is currently at war and facing some real economic trouble (which is a real achievement in itself, really), those two would have to take a back seat as far as I'm concerned.

I like that McCain comes from an army family - he might have a slightly better idea of what fighting a war is like. In the Netherlands, I would probably vote center-right, too. That said, our system is completely different to the American one, since we have a whole range of political parties, instead of two main ones.

I like Obama's idealism, though. I think we could use some good old hope. Sadly, idealism gets us nowhere if it doesn't come with a good dose of realism.

hasselbrad
20-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Honestly, who the next president of the United States is matters very little. The K Street lobbyists still run the country. Of those left standing, McCain scares me the least. I'm not a fan of the whole amnesty deal, but like Ducks said, it may be the only reasonable way to deal with things at this point. I don't like anyone who talks about this "path to citizenship". One already exists. What these politicians are looking for is a shortcut to citizenship.
Obama would be next in line. I don't think anyone really knows enough about him to say whether or not he'd be a good president. He's a good speaker, but so was Clinton, and we're paying for that mistake right now.
I'm not sure which of Huckabee or Clinton scare me the most. Neither a right wing looney or a left wing socialist are particularly high on my list. It's kind of like choosing your own method of execution...hanging or guillotine? Either way, you'll probably lose contol of your bowels.
Whoever does get the Democratic nomination can go ahead and make plans for the oval office because I think Ron Paul is going to siphon off a substantial amount of the electorate (primarily Republicans) like Ross Perot did in 1992. He just doesn't talk as funny.

duckula
20-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Sadly, idealism gets us nowhere if it doesn't come with a good dose of realism.

All too true. My real problem with Obama is not that he is idealistic, but that I'm not sure what he is idealistic about. He makes these great sounding speeches with long words (good) but after listening to him talk about change (sometimes good) I still have no idea what he wants to change (bad).

He is using the idea of a vision of the future without having one. It's 'I have a dream' without the rest of the speech. I cannot for the life of me remember a single policy initiative of his (and I do watch his speeches). If you want to see idealism done right, look at Bobby Kennedy.

hasselbrad
20-02-2008, 01:58 PM
What I've seen of Obama is that he seems to think he can turn Washington D.C. on it's head. Shake things up. Problem is...

K Street lobbyists wield the greatest influence
Existing party divisions run deeper than ever
Change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing

The last president who tried to "shake things up" had an Oliver Stone movie named after him. My greatest fear with Obama is that some racist crackpot (or group of crackpots) will attempt to assassinate him simply because of the color of his skin. Seriously...I have this little faith in my fellow man, and I have relatives, who it pains me to say, would probably celebrate this.

Ranman
25-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Well it seems that the Democrats anti-christ has decided to get in the race. For those of you who may not know who " Ralph Nader " is, He is the reason we had 8 years of Bush, not 8 years of Gore. But the joke will be on Nader this time. The people who flocked to him back in 2000 are now in Obama's camp. So Ralph if you should some how read this I hope you spend your fortune on this election and after you lose, you are broke and have to eat out of mcdonald's garbage bins for giving us 8 years of bush.

Digital_Ice
26-02-2008, 07:44 AM
so Nader is trying to get on the ballott... after most of the primarys have already gone? as a write in candidate? and how did that work out for him last time.

and ran... he wont go broke, he just wont pay up. doesnt he still owe god knows how much from the failed 2004 attempt?