PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Meth

Pygmalion
20-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Around 73,000 people are dependent on Ice in Australia which is a pretty large number considering what a small country we are.

I've never really touched the stuff but a friend of mine is 24, successful and experienced with drugs. She had a weekend on Ice with a dealer friend of ours and three weeks later she said she still wanted more. There are also stories about people who think there are spiders under their skin and scratch it all off while on Ice, and in hospitals in Sydney there are new padded rooms for the Ice addicts.

Its only really starting to be noticed after this guy bashed up a girl at his house then forced her to have intimate relations with his friends. He went into court and said it was the Ice-but drink drivers still get charged don't they?

I'm just curious about whether its a problem in other countries and other people's experiences and perspective.

Digital_Ice
20-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Methamphetamines are fucking dangerous.
As of January methamphetamine was reclasified from class B to class A in the UK

Foeni
20-04-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm not entirely sure what it is, but if it's the drug I think it is, then we don't have that big problems. Yet. There's more and more (ab)users.

hasselbrad
20-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Yes.
A guy here damn near killed himself and forced a school and neighborhood to be evacuated by tapping into an anhydrous (sp?) ammonia pipeline in an attempt to make crystal meth.
You now have to go through a full body cavity search just to buy Sudafed because apparently they use it to make crystal meth.
In Alabama it's just nuts. Trailers blow up pretty regularly and rednecks shoot each other over meth money.
My family's business burned down because a bum was trying to pull copper wire out of the airconditioner...probably to buy meth.
Yeah, it's pretty much out of hand.

calereneau
20-04-2007, 03:11 AM
It's growing pretty rapidly in the US. But no one is acknowledging it. By the time people start paying attention, it will be a very very serious problem.

barrington
20-04-2007, 10:28 AM
While there are a vanishingly small number of nutjobs in existence in the world, the unfortunate truth for the anti-drug zealots is that tens of millions of people the world over go out and enjoy their friday nights quite responsibly on a whole barrage of class-a drugs, never injure themselves or anyone else and wake up for work on monday morning, put on a suit and get on with it.

Mandy
20-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Wow. No long term effects? Convenient.

Ranman
20-04-2007, 10:37 AM
these drugs rot your teeth out of your mouth
Reason enough not to do them
Stupid and toothless is no way to go thru life

Leonie
20-04-2007, 10:38 AM
On a Greyhound bus to Canberra, Liam and I had the pleasure of sitting next to a meth addict on the four hour trip. He was across the isle, with his poxy (bare!) feet on the empty seat next to him. He smelled, had scratches all over him and kept scratching himself, and looked altogether gaunt and old, with leathery skin and dirty clothes with old sweat stains.

I'm not sure he went to work in a suit the next Monday.

As I understand it, Meth is so addictive that trying it once could very well be your downfall.