PDA

View Full Version : Weird? Here!

Porcelain_Doll
03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
This is inspired by the fact I saw "Amélie" for the hundredth time, which I consider a great movie and a celebration of weirdness. Plus my sister has told me for the millionth time that "stuff like that only happens to you" :p

So, this is what I propose: share your weirdest quirks, rejoice at the fact that yours aren't the strangest, and notice even further how messed up (other) kkwers are. :D

Here are some of mine:

- I'm deathly afraid of mimes. Whenever I see one, I avoid any kind of eye contact and walk as fast as I can.

- I have an obssession with smooth, round pebbles. If I'm walking on the beach, I'll collect all I can find. But only if they're perfectly smooth and round.

- Sometimes I dream in black and white.

- I once sang myself to sleep.

keir
03-04-2007, 12:53 AM
i thought you were living?!

Mandy
03-04-2007, 01:15 AM
keir, please do us all a favor and stop posting bullshit everywhere. Consider this a warning.

To be on topic, I hate clowns. Then again I presume that most people do.

I sometimes mumble in my sleep.

I can make a train whistle sound.

keir
03-04-2007, 01:22 AM
keir, please do us all a favor and stop posting bullshit everywhere. Consider this a warning.

To be on topic, I hate clowns. Then again I presume that most people do.

I sometimes mumble in my sleep.

I can make a train whistle sound.

o.k.
sorry
(but i don't try to be on topic or clown)

Ranman
03-04-2007, 01:26 AM
I think a 3 day ban is in order
May I suggest using a nightstick

Jacoby
03-04-2007, 01:50 AM
I fuck dead things!

JUST KIDDING

I have a terrible fear of speaking in front of crowds. Trying to get over it, though. I also sleep with 8 pillows on my bed. Well, 5, but still.

hasselbrad
03-04-2007, 02:50 AM
I fuck dead things!

JUST KIDDING

I have a terrible fear of speaking in front of crowds. Trying to get over it, though. I also sleep with 8 pillows on my bed. Well, 5, but still.

Hey, I fucked a dead thing for about five years, but then, I was married to her. Rimshot!

I have five pillows on my bed too, and yet I always wake up with a stiff neck.

I have no fear of public speaking, and in fact, feel more comfortable speaking in front of an audience than I do one on one.

Pretty much everything in my life is messy, except for my golf bag. Everything in that realm is in its place.

I grind my teeth when I am deep in imaginative thought. Sometimes I rub my fingers together and squint.

I chew on my own tongue while driving long distances.

I also rub my hands together every so often for no apparent reason.

Arbery
03-04-2007, 01:57 PM
i hate booking appointments over the phone...

hasselbrad
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
i hate booking appointments over the phone...

We should form a club.
I dislike the phone in general, especially when it comes to shit I don't really want to be bothered with. My grandfather was the king of not liking to talk on the phone. If you were talking to him, and paused to take a breath, he'd just hang up.

I have something else, but it's probably not appropriate given the number of minors about.
:p

DanMan
05-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Hmmmm...I always dream in black and white. I wonder if its
from being baby sat by being plopped in front of a black and white
TV everyday many moons ago.

I lose things...but only if they were in my hands 2 minutes prior.
...now where is that clip board...I was just holding it.
What's the reverse of a clepto? NO RANMAN its not otpelc! :dontknowa

Ranman
05-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Why am I mentioned in this thread

Hazzle
06-04-2007, 11:49 PM
You do realise that on internet forums, it's a symbol of iconic status and stature when you're mentioned in threads you haven't even posted in, don't you Ran?

Porcelain_Doll
07-04-2007, 04:51 PM
I freak out whenever people touch my wrists. No clue why.

Porcelain_Doll
07-04-2007, 04:59 PM
no, I think it has more to do with impression.
You know, how some people faint or get dizzy when they see blood, for example.

I connect wrists with veins, hence it creeps me out when they touch them. *shrugs*

hasselbrad
07-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I freak out whenever people touch my wrists. No clue why.

Eyes. Blood doesn't bother me, but eyes, even only being touched, creep me out.

Arbery
07-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Eyes. Blood doesn't bother me, but eyes, even only being touched, creep me out.

You must love one of the scenes in Ace Ventura 2 then...

hasselbrad
07-04-2007, 05:35 PM
You must love one of the scenes in Ace Ventura 2 then...

Thankfully, I haven't seen it.

Porcelain_Doll
07-04-2007, 08:34 PM
never thought someone that performed Voodoo would have phobias like that! :p

Banana Voodoo. Not any type of voodoo. Tsk.

Besides, it's not a phobia. Speaking of phobias, jellyfish scare me to death. :p

hasselbrad
07-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Banana Voodoo. Not any type of voodoo. Tsk.

Besides, it's not a phobia. Speaking of phobias, jellyfish scare me to death. :p

I jumped into a jellyfish when I was about 15. Not pleasant, but strangely, they don't creep me out.

Leonie
07-04-2007, 09:38 PM
I almost stood on a bluebottle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Man_o%27_War) in Australia. Had Liam not tackled me (when he said "look out, bluebottle," I just tried to somehow miraculously not touch the ground. Jumping around when there's one of those right near you isn't a great way to go) and pushed me out of the way. Those things will put the fear of God in you, trust me.

Heh. Just read that they're not technically jellyfish. Good going, Wiki-bloody-pedia, making my post redundant...

Porcelain_Doll
07-04-2007, 11:39 PM
no more Banana Voodoo talk. It's a mistery, just like my name and age. :p