PDA

View Full Version : Hi ... Sally arrived

sally
02-04-2007, 01:27 PM
welcome , I am a new member

I hope to be a friend with all members ..

I am an arabic girl , I am 22 old

I am in the second year in the college , I study English literature

I am sorry , may be my language is not very well , but I try to be like a native speaker (like you ) , because after 2 years , I will come to london to study the MSc

see you soon ,

sally

Porcelain_Doll
02-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Welcome, Sally :)

Your english is quite good. Have fun!

Hazzle
02-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Hmmm...to be mean or not to be mean...the eternal dilemma.

Bah, I'll be nice this once. PD's right, your English is fine, and it's always nice when people make an effort in a language that isn't their own native tongue. Don't worry, noone will make fun of your English so long as you keep making an effort and don't use "netspeak" or write anything in non-English. The moderators are pretty strict on people making fun of people with English as a second language.

Hopefully being on this site will help you with your English. Flightfreak, for example, didn't have the best English when he joined but over time and with the help of some of the nicer people on KKW he's gotten so good at it you'd never tell. His English is probably better than mine now! We should have you ship-shape and ready to tackle London in 2 years time, no trouble.

Enjoy your time on KKW.

hasselbrad
02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I've thought about putting something of a blanket statement in my signature about how those of you for who English is a second language don't do near the hatchet job that some who have never spoken any other language do to it.
Welcome aboard.

Porcelain_Doll
02-04-2007, 04:05 PM
so, to summarise:

a) your english is fine
b) many members are from foreign countries (myself included)
c) don't worry about it, no one will make fun of your english and it will get better sooner than you think.

:)

Hazzle
02-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Are you trying to say something PD ;)

If you thought that was a long post you ain't seen nothing yet :p

Porcelain_Doll
02-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Just clearing things up.

By the way, I'm a long poster as well. I won't compete with you, though. That's childish *flicks hair*

(*cracks knuckles* ):icon_lol:

Hazzle
02-04-2007, 05:23 PM
I love a good contest ;)

Well off-topic but I HATE it when people crack their knuckles...

Porcelain_Doll
02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I was preparing for the type-down. Heh.

Oh, and, let's stop spamming Sally's intro...otherwise Ice or Leonie will ban us.

Foeni
02-04-2007, 07:45 PM
By the way, I'm a long poster as well. I won't compete with you, though.
That's childish *flicks hair*
I don't think I've seen you make one single long post compared to Haz. But trust me, it's worse in real life. On the internet you can just scroll through the post ;)

Sally, welcome to KKW. I'll join the club and tell you not to worry about your English.

keir
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi , sure you'll be a friend for all members!!!

i am 22 too...

barrington
02-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi Sally, welcome to keiraknightley.com!

DanMan
03-04-2007, 12:17 AM
WOW! I cant believe how nice that post was Hazzle.
THe prozac must be really working wonders... :icon_lol:

Ranman
03-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Hmmm...to be mean or not to be mean...the eternal dilemma.

Bah, I'll be nice this once. PD's right, your English is fine, and it's always nice when people make an effort in a language that isn't their own native tongue. Don't worry, noone will make fun of your English so long as you keep making an effort and don't use "netspeak" or write anything in non-English. The moderators are pretty strict on people making fun of people with English as a second language.

Hopefully being on this site will help you with your English. Flightfreak, for example, didn't have the best English when he joined but over time and with the help of some of the nicer people on KKW he's gotten so good at it you'd never tell. His English is probably better than mine now! We should have you ship-shape and ready to tackle London in 2 years time, no trouble.

Enjoy your time on KKW.

Haz You kiss ass

Welcome Sally

Hazzle
03-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Fuck off cuntface.

Not you, Sally.

Although that would be a PROPER welcome to KKW.

sally
03-04-2007, 01:00 PM
waaaaaaw

I am glad :) , because I became one of your friends

I loved keira after the film ( pride and prejudice)

I saw it , because we are studying this novel in our college in prose

it is toooo enjoyable

thank you toooooooo much:wave:

Joana
04-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi Sally and Welcome to the Forum!
You'll have lots of fun here! :wave:

StarStruck17
10-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Well you've picked a great way to learn English - what better way than talking about Kiera ?!?!?:wave: