PDA

View Full Version : 15 English soldiers captured.

mehrdad368
31-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I think you have heard that 15 English soldiers captured in Iranians water.
I want to know what do you think about this soldierd and what should Iran do with them?

Mandy
31-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Um. Let them go? Cause war is gay.

Digital_Ice
31-03-2007, 09:22 AM
They are Royal Navy Marines, who were a mile inside of Iraqi waters when the Iranians took them hostage claiming they were in Iranian waters, then paraded them on their TV channel forcing them to lie about what actually happened. Technically this detention contravines article 9 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, as there is dispute as to the location of the boat at the time of the capture.

sidenote: Faye Turney is from my hometown. A friend of a friend sorta thing. So yeah, this is pissing me off.

Ranman
31-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I think you have heard that 15 English soldiers captured in Iranians water.
I want to know what do you think about this soldierd and what should Iran do with them?

Let my English brothers and sisters go you Iranian swine

AureaMediocritas
31-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Retaining them will have no positive effects. Even if they had
been in Iranian waters.
That is all I can say with certainty.

Katielondon
31-03-2007, 02:33 PM
its lucky they wernt American soldiers really,they know the British dont have the spare military resources to launch a strike on them, if they were American my money would be on a carrier fleet standing by and ready to blow the shit out of them by now.

mongoose
31-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I wonder if the americans will help the britts or let them handle it themselfs.
Iranians are pretty nasty by takeing the english soldiers prisoners.

Porcelain_Doll
31-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Retaining them will have no positive effects. Even if they had
been in Iranian waters.
That is all I can say with certainty.

I agree. (I won't comment on this, I might get a little biased. I learnt getting into political arguments never leads anywhere....duh)

Liam
31-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Theres already an American naval task force on wargames on Iran's doorstep, which is meant to add muscle to the British demands for the release of the marines.

Continuing to hold these troops captive is only hastening the inevitable.

Digital_Ice
01-04-2007, 12:49 AM
the americans have already fucked us over regarding this, refusing to release 5 iranian captives in exchange for our marines. bastards.

Ranman
02-04-2007, 12:20 AM
the americans have already fucked us over regarding this, refusing to release 5 iranian captives in exchange for our marines. bastards.

Really? I haven't seen anything in the news about it.
Its not being reported in the usa press

duckula
02-04-2007, 02:07 AM

Good. They shouldn't release them. Also, bear in mind that we may have quietly asked them not too so we can say to the Iranians "sorry old chap, nothing doing on the prisoner exchange, you know the yanks" and thus deny them any grounds on which to negotiate such a trade.

devine kk
02-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Firstly, why did they not fight back. They all have guns for pity's sake.

Secondly, give them a couple of days and send in the SAS, lets kick arse.:fencing:

Liam
02-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Because international diplomacy isnt quite that simple.

The situation is knife-edge as it is, sending the SAS in and 'kicking arse' is the worst possible option.

Ranman
02-04-2007, 11:00 AM
England has my permission to nuke those towel head
arseholes back to the stone age. My president Vagina,
I mean bush attacked the wrong country, we should have
sent the Iranian's on an express ride to see allah

Hazzle
02-04-2007, 05:05 PM
its lucky they wernt American soldiers really,they know the British dont have the spare military resources to launch a strike on them, if they were American my money would be on a carrier fleet standing by and ready to blow the shit out of them by now.

Doubt it. Several US Generals have publically said they'll resign if the US declares war on Iran. Not to mention the fact that Bush now faces a Democrat congress that has even threatened to impeach him if he goes to war in Iran.

Iran knows this, and realises that by capturing these troops they might be able to force the British and American governments to allow them to continue their nuclear programme unhindered. Basically they've planned their timing perfectly as the US and UK are both backed into a corner and unable to realistically do anything about the matter. Probably doomed to fail but worth a shot at least, from their perspective.

However ultimately this is just posturing and you have to suspect they'll eventually realise that the UK and US won't budge. When that realisation hits they'll negotiate a release that looks like neither side has given in, so everyone's happy.

hasselbrad
02-04-2007, 05:10 PM
England has my permission to nuke those towel head
arseholes back to the stone age. My president Vagina,
I mean bush attacked the wrong country, we should have
sent the Iranian's on an express ride to see allah

Damn...we kind of agree here.

Hazzle
02-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh I have to agree with that. Whilst at the time it may have appeared that Iraq was more likely to possess WMDs (and I still maintain there's every possibility they did), Iran has always been the more fanatical country and even without WMDs was a major concern. Add nukes to the equation and they become an armageddon waiting to happen. They are the key to the middle-east problem.

Iran's biggest weapon has always been the rhetoric and propoganda it spreads, and for that reason alone they should've been a target. Possibly not instead of Iraq but as well as. The two countries are proximate enough that an instant strike on Iran as soon as Iraq was secured might've been wise.

michael22
03-04-2007, 12:14 AM
To tell you the truth the entire situation is fubar. But there is always the sas option to dare it back into a somewhat hazzy reality. Nuclear war might help the poppulation even out.......(those thoughts should not have crossed my mind).

Hazzle
03-04-2007, 09:58 AM
What did I tell you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6520571.stm

Edit: Didn't want to double-post but the Iranian president just held a press conference saying they will be pardoned and released as a "gift" to Britain. Which was exactly the sort of posturing I said this whole thing was all about. Iran looks good, Britain looks good, and presumably there have been negotiations behind the scenes which give Iran some sort of concession but without making it too public.

AureaMediocritas
04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
No Saddam-style execution video ? Disappointing.

I still believe it is quite "stylish" to offer them as a "present". A
lovely way to say "Go **** yourselves".

mongoose
04-04-2007, 06:43 PM
At least some lives were saved.
It's the best solution.

mehrdad368
05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
O.k now all be calm because we set them free.

AureaMediocritas
05-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Yeah, he seems happy it is over :icon_lol: .

Well "we" surely will. We will merely have to wait until some important "expert" liar enters the scene saying Iran produces highly dangerous intoxicating barbie dolls secretly to be distributed among western children, and the war against evil terror states continues. Yay! :)

Hazzle
06-04-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah, it made me laugh. "An Easter present for the brits? rofl"

Heh, yeah, it was an amazing PR exercise by Iran. Can't fault them for that.

On a similar vein I loved hearing that the CEO of French oil giant Total was arrested for alledged corruption relating to oil contracts in Iran. Finally the world is realising that the only true oil-motivated state in the whole Iraq situation was France, because Total had similarly corrupt deals in place with Iraqi producers and stood to lose a fortune if Iraq came under new government. It really was ironic to hear the French berate the Americans for being greedy for Iraq's oil.

mehrdad368
08-04-2007, 08:40 AM
hahaha.you INVADE iran???
I think funny part of it is their meeting with ahmadinejad.Isn't it?

Ranman
08-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Say that to us Americans you camel fudge packer
we'll nuke your ass back to allah's time

mehrdad368
10-04-2007, 08:24 AM
As you wish,But i don't think so.

Digital_Ice
10-04-2007, 12:34 PM
drop it. now.

hasselbrad
10-04-2007, 05:19 PM
This (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070410/film_nm/iran_britain_dc;_ylt=AtK90lLbdd5_WJJ6LWlX6mdxFb8C) looks like it'll be a must see "documentary".
The Iranians should hire Michael Moore to produce it.