PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, some folks aren't...

hasselbrad
15-03-2007, 03:41 PM
...cut out to be parents.
It seems that some people are unable to understand that a movie you have to be at least seventeen (17) to see by yourself, might be inappropriate to take a toddler to.
Link to Terra-stupida (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070315/film_nm/ratings_dc;_ylt=AqT4LT1Si0sE0SwY18Xp47BxFb8C)
Who the fuck takes small children to R rated movies? Now we have to further idiot-proof the world (or at least attempt to) by putting a warning, that in reality, should be common sense. What's next? Are theaters going to be forced (oh yeah...I smell the government getting involved to 'protect' us) to pay additional staff to keep irresponsible parents from taking small children to see Predator vs. Emmanuelle.
I know it may not seem outrageous, but at some point, people have to take some sort of responsibility for their own actions. I'm careful about what PG or PG-13 films I let my nine year old daughter see.

For those of you who don't live in the States, our rating system is as follows:
G -General audiences.
PG -Parental Guidance suggested.
PG-13 -Parental Guidance. Not recommended for children under 13.
R -Restricted. No one under 17 admitted without an adult.
NC-17 No one under 17 admitted.

barrington
15-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Predator vs. Emmanuelle. Grotesque Alien Bounty Hunter in Questionable Soft-Focus Erotica Romp Shock! See page Five.

hasselbrad
15-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Grotesque Alien Bounty Hunter in Questionable Soft-Focus Erotica Romp Shock! See page Five.

Glad someone knows what Emmanuelle is.

mongoose
17-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey, Predator wasn't that bad. I saw it when I was 12 or 13.
Nowdays they make films that really are PG13 or R .

hasselbrad
20-04-2007, 04:49 PM
...cut out to be parents, part deux.
Alec Baldwin (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070420/ap_en_tv/people_baldwin_basinger) berates his 11 (or 12...he can't seem to remember) year old daughter in a voicemail message.
No wonder kids in Hollywood grow up to be such clusterfucks.
I realize Kim Basinger is a complete cunt, but to react like this pretty much flies in the face of most parenting norms.
Kim's a cunt. Alec's a twat.
Does that make their daughter a twunt?