PDA

View Full Version : kiera maturing role?

gareth
12-03-2007, 02:46 PM
hi this for an A level study that im doing on women in film, iv chose to study Kiera.
the question is: do you think that the roles she has played throughout the body of her films has changed as her career has progressed?

cheers, G

Leonie
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Although technically, you're starting the same thread twice, you get away with it this time, because your old thread was defiled. :icon_lol:

As for roles she's chosen... hard to say. I was going to say "yes," but thinking of Cecilia in Atonement and Elizabeth Bennett... both quite young girls still. Not young like Frankie Smith or Jules Paxton or anything, but young nevertheless.

Over all, however, I'd say she's going for more mature roles, yeah.

hasselbrad
12-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Her roles can only mature as fast as she does. That is to say, she's only about to turn 23. She can't exactly read for roles alongside Helen Mirren or Judi Dench.

Leonie
12-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Agreed, though I thought she made quite a leap for Dr Zhivago. Isn't Lara supposed to be almost thirty towards the end of that?

And she's turning 22 :icon_razz

hasselbrad
12-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Agreed, though I thought she made quite a leap for Dr Zhivago. Isn't Lara supposed to be almost thirty towards the end of that?

And she's turning 22 :icon_razz

Shit...you're right. On both accounts.