28-02-2007, 01:25 PM
for me it would have to be:

Nip/Tuck
Deadwood

and im a hater of Lost:icon_popc

hasselbrad
28-02-2007, 01:34 PM
My Name is Earl
The Office (yes...I realize it's the American version, and it's not as funny as the British version, but it's far and away better than anything else on American television.)
Besides those two shows, the only television I watch is on the History Channel. I am a history nerd.

Katielondon
28-02-2007, 01:37 PM
My Name is Earl
The Office (yes...I realize it's the American version, and it's not as funny as the British version, but it's far and away better than anything else on American television.)
Besides those two shows, the only television I watch is on the History Channel. I am a history nerd.

my name is earl is quite funny i agree, i never really found the Office that funny when it was on myself but it seems to have achived cult status now.

hasselbrad
28-02-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm just going on what I've been told...mostly by Brits :p ...regarding the superiority of the British product.
The American version makes me laugh because I had a boss who was Michael Scott. Utterly unappropriate and crass at times.

Katielondon
28-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm just going on what I've been told...mostly by Brits :p ...regarding the superiority of the British product.
The American version makes me laugh because I had a boss who was Michael Scott. Utterly unappropriate and crass at times.

ive seen a couple of episodes of the British version but never the american one,(i will try and catch one next time im over there) but i guess it wasnt really my sort of humour, i seem to find things like The Big Lebowski incredibly funny:)

Foeni
28-02-2007, 08:31 PM
I think the American version is funnier than the British. And it is indeed funny.
I'm also a fan of 24.

allied_assult
28-02-2007, 09:43 PM
My Name is Earl is my favorite too. Oh, and the Sopranos

kingdumbass
01-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Conan O'Brian
The Colbert Report
Saturday Night Live
The Daily Show
I Shouldn't Be Alive

acliff
01-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
House
How I met your Mother
Heroes
Bones
Battlestar Galactica (although I've got behind)

Leonie
01-03-2007, 08:38 PM
McLeod's Daughters
Grey's Anatomy
Gilmore Girls
Medium
and, because it's on at dinner time, the shame, Judging Amy

duckula
02-03-2007, 12:17 AM
The Wire
Battlestar Galactica
House

Mandy
02-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Grey's Anatomy
Brother's and Sisters

...that about wraps it up.

Liam
02-03-2007, 04:31 AM
BackBerner
The Chaser's War on Everything

Leonie
02-03-2007, 06:22 AM
I totally forgot Men in Trees. That's some funny stuff.

GrimeZy
02-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Family Guy and 24

hasselbrad
02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Family Guy and 24

Family Guy is one of those shows that makes me laugh, but I can never seem to find the time to tune in on a regular basis.

duckula
02-03-2007, 02:59 PM

I saw some of this ont' net, it's pretty bloody funny.

Jacoby
02-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I thought the BBC Office was a lot better than the American until I watched all of Season Two of the American version. Now I think they're both just as good as one another. There's something about Dwight that is just hilarious all the way through. Mackenzie Crook's character is the same way, but I think I can get more laughs out of Dwight.

I don't have cable hooked up in my room, so I don't watch much television. As soon as some of the thinks you all are watching get printed on DVD (Heroes, new season of Office and all that) I'll check them out.

duckula
03-03-2007, 01:04 AM
You can add Friday Night Lights to my list, just started watching it, it's a real treat.

Mandy
03-03-2007, 01:18 AM
You can add Friday Night Lights to my list, just started watching it, it's a real treat.

Ooh, I'm actually with you there. I totally forgot about that show! It's so typical American hick-town drama.

Leonie
03-03-2007, 05:09 PM
I saw some of this ont' net, it's pretty bloody funny.

You can't beat the surprise spruiker.

The best part is that their DVD says "or you could just download this off the internet," or something along those lines.

nebregas3149
04-03-2007, 09:22 PM
my favorite shows are: -the office (us version)
-lost
-entourage
and i have a question, i dont know if anyone else feels the same, but when something first comes out and i really like it, i get kinda pissed when it gets really popular at a much later time and everyone loves it after its been out for a while. lol i dont know if im crazy or what, but i was talking about that with my brother the other day and he said he feels the same way lol. so my question is, does anybody else feel the same as well?

hasselbrad
05-03-2007, 04:27 PM
my favorite shows are: -the office (us version)
-lost
-entourage
and i have a question, i dont know if anyone else feels the same, but when something first comes out and i really like it, i get kinda pissed when it gets really popular at a much later time and everyone loves it after its been out for a while. lol i dont know if im crazy or what, but i was talking about that with my brother the other day and he said he feels the same way lol. so my question is, does anybody else feel the same as well?

You sound like a bitter REM fan from Athens after they started getting airplay on MTV.

Katielondon
05-03-2007, 05:56 PM
You sound like a bitter REM fan from Athens after they started getting airplay on MTV.

REM arnt so bad :icon_smil

hasselbrad
05-03-2007, 06:11 PM
REM arnt so bad :icon_smil

No they aren't. Their early fans that watched them develop in Athens, GA were though.
As soon as they became a national act, those folks started ridiculing them for "selling out" and claiming that they were fans "when they were still good". It was as if the moment they played anywhere but the 40 Watt, their status was somehow diminished.
The reality was that most of these "fans" were elitist music snob/pricks.
:)

Katielondon
05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
No they aren't. Their early fans that watched them develop in Athens, GA were though.
As soon as they became a national act, those folks started ridiculing them for "selling out" and claiming that they were fans "when they were still good". It was as if the moment they played anywhere but the 40 Watt, their status was somehow diminished.
The reality was that most of these "fans" were elitist music snob/pricks.
:)

as a musician myself i find elitist music snobs highly irritating, i like music for music irrispective of how much comercial sucess the band/artist enjoys, i love playing music and practice without fail for a good 2 hours per day, if one day i enjoyed commercial sucess from my music then that would be wonderful, if not its still something i will do with the same amount of passion and commitment no matter if i was playing to one person or 100,000.

Urbanebula
08-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Lost - (New Series Not running on standard tv yet)
Prison Break
Scrubs - (New Series Not running on standard tv yet)

So yeah...not watching much TV at the minute. heh.

Leonie
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM

Hreh: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,21368325-10229,00.html

The Chaser guys have bought advertising space in Iceland, Estonia and God knows where. Hee.

Porcelain_Doll
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Grey's Anatomy
Bones
Prison Break (it's really messed up lately, but still)
Gilmore Girls
Extras (though I rarely catch it)
and E.R

I very much owe E.R for showing me how a real spinal tap is done. When they performed one on me, the stupid doctors said it would be "nothing". Ha, right.
"General Anaesthesia, NOW!"

hasselbrad
14-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but my girlfriend DVR'd The Riches on FX. I'm a big Eddie Izzard fan, so I imagine this will be one of my new favorites.

Jacoby
20-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Does anyone else enjoy Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job? It's an adult swim show, only about 12 minutes long, but I find these guys hilarious.

Any other watchers?

hasselbrad
20-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Okay...The Riches is awesome. Funny, yet suspenseful, simply because their situation is so incredibly tenuous. For those who haven't heard of it, it's about a family of "travelers" (gypsies) who move from town to town conning people out of money. Now, they are posing as a dead family, while hiding from their own "family". One can only imagine the multitude of ways they could potentially be found out.

Joana
20-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Prison Break! :D

Kelsey
21-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Bones
and Weeds!

michael22
26-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Arrested developement, Futurama Why did they cancel them!?!?!!!
My name is earl
Monk
Scrubs best doctor show ever made
Sarah Silverman program

Digital_Ice
26-03-2007, 01:48 AM
erm, technically Futurama was never cancelled.... Fox just stopped buying it.
Comedy Central have purchased syndication rights and are planning 13 new episodes for 2008.