PDA

View Full Version : What kind of world...

hasselbrad
23-02-2007, 02:46 PM
...do we live in?
First, there was the substitute teacher in Lewiston, NY who was seen using cocaine in the classroom by fourth graders. (http://wben.com/news/fullstory.php?newsid=06816)
Now, a principal right here in Tampa has been arrested for attempting to buy crack cocaine from an undercover cop in his office...DURING SCHOOL HOURS! (http://www.sptimes.com/2007/02/23/Hillsborough/Principal_held_in_dru.shtml)
All of this brings me back to the question of what kind of world we live in.
I mean, really...how upside down a world is it where a substitute teacher can afford to use cocaine and a principal is forced to smoke crack rock.
:icon_roll
:icon_razz

Porcelain_Doll
23-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Listen to (or rather read) this.

A few weeks ago, in a city near mine, a girl vanished. She was 16, I think, and had just been out clubbing with some pals. When she left the club, she got on somebody's car (somebody she knew) and that was the last they saw of her.

The police began investigating but they couldn't find a thing. They interviewed the friends that had been with her that night and they all claimed not to have seen a thing. They interviewed the owners of the cars that had been parked nearby, and nothing. Her family was so desperate they hired seers to find her.

A few days ago, she was discovered by two boys who'd been camping nearby with their families.
Her body was so rotten they could barely ID her. There were no signs of her being raped, nor stranguled, nor shot. She was just dead, and it was likely she had died the same day she was taken.

It's all still a mistery, but it appears that her dad was heavily involved with drugs.
They killed her to get even with him.

barrington
23-02-2007, 03:26 PM
With that sort of response, you'd think there was something wrong with the odd bit of cocaine. Tsk.

kingdumbass
26-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Where I live, we had a high school teacher who hid a video camera in a place where he knew that his female students would be undressing....
Now, similar ideas have come to me many, many times...but I always had the self control to stop short of actually DOING it. Seems to me as though the problem in our society is that people are losing the ability to know when to NOT act on their impulses.

In general, we appear to be losing self control. And part of the problem is that there's always a supply of people who are willing to make excuses for us.

Norseman
27-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I mostly live in the World of Warcraft....
No seriously, the world is not a pretty place if you don't delebretly close your eyes on everything bad thats going on. I wish people would just stop being such idiots and assholes. I night of drinking in town and you run into most of 'em..:mad: