PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

Digital_Ice
09-02-2007, 01:12 AM
is there anything as fun as getting home from the pub at 2am and building a snowman just for the hell of it? (if its still there tomorrow i might post a picture for you)

so anyway, a thread mainly for the brits... did you get snow where you are and did you do anything particularly exciting with said snow. drunken pictures welcome.... but no pissing your name please.

mongoose
09-02-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm not a britt, but I must say I MISS snow :icon_mecr. Now all the snow is in the U.S. or in Britain. I think a winter without snow is really boring.

littleprincess
09-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I LOVE snow too=)
But you were wrong - the snow is not just in the USA or Britain, it`s also alot of it here in Norway..

mongoose
09-02-2007, 10:06 AM
It hasn't snown in my town since last year in March or April. This global warming will cause lot of strange things. This year I might expect snow in June :icon_lol:.

hasselbrad
09-02-2007, 01:25 PM
We didn't have any snow, but I did listen to the snow-day-craziness on the Chris Moyles show.
Damn I love satellite radio.

michael22
09-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm not a britt, but I must say I MISS snow :icon_mecr. Now all the snow is in the U.S. or in Britain..
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Canada has six feet snow drifts right now, and wind chills of minus forty. Unless by the u.s. you ment Canada aswell in which case I would have to punch you.
pellus or archery target. Also snow balls in your coaches face during the four km run is always good fun.

Porcelain_Doll
10-02-2007, 12:51 AM
I think a winter without snow is really boring.

:icon_mecr I've never SEEN snow in my life!!!! And you complain 'cause maybe this winter you won't get much snow? I could bet my LIFE that this winter I won't get a single sad snowflake.

Stop rubbing it in, you evil brits! :sad:

Norseman
10-02-2007, 01:59 AM
I love snow. Don't have too much of it where I live. But when it comes, I'm as happy as when I was a child. I get in a good mood when i see everything covered in snow (live a bit outside the city, and got a lot of landscape). A kinda childish joy, and I don't care about other people hating snow for some reason. Their loss actually.

Jacoby
10-02-2007, 02:19 AM
fuck snow. Snow is just God's way of making me work extra in the morning by shoveling off my car. The only time snow is alright is Christmas morning (sorry, Aussies, but Xmas in summer is about as gay as Prince in a purple thong that says "rain" on it) but by Christmas evening you wish it melted because you want to play a game of football outside with your homies/gangstas/uncle.

I live in Rochester...snow is your worst enemy.

mongoose
10-02-2007, 10:25 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Canada has six feet snow drifts right now, and wind chills of minus forty. Unless by the u.s. you ment Canada aswell in which case I would have to punch you.
pellus or archery target.

I know that Canada has a lot of snow, but it has it every year, and I know it's very cold there too. But in some parts of the U.S. they hadn't snow or so much snow. I remember last year, it was the first snow for the Greeks since many years, so it was something new.

What I mean is that not anyone has seen snow in theyre hometown, like Porcelain-doll . And I know geography pretty well and didn't put Canada in the U.S.

But I was wondering if there is snow in Brazil right now. :p

Norseman
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
I LOVE snow too=)
But you were wrong - the snow is not just in the USA or Britain, it`s also alot of it here in Norway..Clearly not from Bergen I see, snow is absent most of the winter here, had a few good days though.

Bianca
10-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Where i live i had quite a lot of snow. Got a day off school because of it =].

Norseman
11-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Where i live i had quite a lot of snow. Got a day off school because of it =].Pussies!

michael22
20-02-2007, 09:19 PM
HERE HERE!!!!!!!!!
snow is fun, also a good song.

KapiTa
20-02-2007, 10:35 PM
This winter is really very strange in Russia. For example, in Moscow we had 2 REALLY winter days in January and it started snowing again a week ago though usually there is much snow since November. It was awful- a lot of dirt in the streets, my dog became absolutely black after walking. And there was green grass everywhere and flowers started blooming! I like grass, but not in February... My tortoise expected to eat dandelion in June but it had it like a Christmas present:icon_lol:
Thank God, the snow had piled up knee deep this week:xmas:

offtopic*If I have grammar mistakes in my messages, pls, tell me about it (in every topic, PLEASE!) I want to improve my english:wave: *offtopic

hasselbrad
20-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Your grammar is better than 95% of Americans who grew up speaking English.

Foeni
21-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Snow has hit Denmark. Lots of it. Annoying.

Leonie
21-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I heard on the radio! You guys are keeping our snow and cold :(

hasselbrad
21-02-2007, 04:15 PM
We just finished having winter, which in Florida means a couple of mornings with frost on the ground.
It snowed here, exactly once (twice if you count flurries) during my lifetime.
January 19, 1977. I remember the date 'cause my father wrote it in the snow on the windshield of the car and took a picture. There was a wreck on every single overpass in and around Tampa that morning.
:dontknowa

Foeni
21-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I can imagine it getting anoying after a few weeks, even months, but i'd be excited about it if it just hit us. I mean, snow is fun. :)
Not when you have to go to work sick and clear away the snow from our entrance :p